5 bikes stolen in Michigan last night

DannoJ919
A friends shop was broken into last night. They took 5 bikes. Just trying to spread the word.

|
kkawboy14
1/4/2017 1:00pm
Hopefully they have insurance, then they can get 5 new Kawasaki'sSmile

The Shop

ferg722
1/4/2017 1:31pm
The catch 22 of social media and advertising what you have under one roof. Hopefully all turns up and isn't a total loss...
c0ncEpT
1/4/2017 2:55pm
Bad deal for sure. Jeff has been doing my suspension and servicing my bikes for 10 years now. Stand up guy.

Here are some pictures he got off of his security camera.

cable
1/4/2017 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2017 3:00pm
Its a suspension/motor shop and the guy is legit and well known in moto in michigan. those ice tires are $500-$600 per set.. tires alone. so sad
1/4/2017 3:18pm
He just did my suspension on my 250, seems like a real nice guy. Hopefully they find them, not too many 17 CRF's doing wheelies in Philly.
kaptkaos
1/4/2017 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2017 8:05pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
Bad deal for sure. Jeff has been doing my suspension and servicing my bikes for 10 years now. Stand up guy. Here are some pictures he...
Bad deal for sure. Jeff has been doing my suspension and servicing my bikes for 10 years now. Stand up guy.

Here are some pictures he got off of his security camera.

Shocking...Why would they want the KX and KTM with all those perfectly nice Hondas?? Is what I meant to say...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/4/2017 5:16pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Shocking...Why would they want the KX and KTM with all those perfectly nice Hondas?? Is what I meant to say...
Equally "shocking" that you'd post something like this. If you want to keep posting, let's drop the nonsense.
wfo250
1/5/2017 4:40am
His KX450 was for sale on bike finds
ehr400
1/5/2017 6:20am
They will end up in Detroit, doing the wheelie BS, cops wont hassle them.
kkawboy14
1/5/2017 6:36am
wfo250 wrote:
His KX450 was for sale on bike finds
Man that's why I hate trying to sell stuff.
motomike137
1/5/2017 6:37am
I know Jeff pretty well and looking at the images I really doubt the thief is someone that he knows, more like someone that was passed along info by another person that frequented the shop. As a previous poster noted these bikes will likely go for pennies on the dollar in Detroit to be ridden by the local outlaws. This theft has me wondering about the viability of miniature GPS tracking devices. I was doing a little research this morning and the drawbacks look like cost and frequent recharging.
ehr400
1/5/2017 6:45am
When my grandpa had his shop in Detroit for 40 years he always had one or two shop dogs, usually German shepards or mixes. He said it was amazing how many pairs of shoes and pant legs he would find through out the year near his fences in his shop yard. Lol
1/5/2017 12:05pm
Ill check my local highway here in nyc thats where my last 2 bikes ended up. Wheeling down the parkway in Nikeys no helmets while the cops watch
Muezh
1/5/2017 5:05pm
I know Jeff pretty well and looking at the images I really doubt the thief is someone that he knows, more like someone that was passed...
I know Jeff pretty well and looking at the images I really doubt the thief is someone that he knows, more like someone that was passed along info by another person that frequented the shop. As a previous poster noted these bikes will likely go for pennies on the dollar in Detroit to be ridden by the local outlaws. This theft has me wondering about the viability of miniature GPS tracking devices. I was doing a little research this morning and the drawbacks look like cost and frequent recharging.
Are any of these bikes insured?

Wouldn't his homeowners or business insurance for the shop cover the loss?

I can't believe anyone buys an $8k bike and doesn't spend $150 to cover it.
motomike137
1/5/2017 5:22pm
I know Jeff pretty well and looking at the images I really doubt the thief is someone that he knows, more like someone that was passed...
Muezh wrote:
Are any of these bikes insured? Wouldn't his homeowners or business insurance for the shop cover the loss? I can't believe anyone buys an $8k bike...

I would assume that they are but that may not cover the accessories and definitely not the man hours put into them. Beyond that is the shitty feeling you get having something like this happen to you.
1/6/2017 6:42am
No insurance at this time. One of the bikes was a gift for a Marine in Afghanistan coming home in March. Bikes will end up doing wheelies in the D. Very sad.
JRT812
1/6/2017 6:52am
Not sure what hurts worse, having 5 bikes stolen or not having insurance. Hang in there Jeff and it will get better!
motomike137
1/6/2017 6:55am
It seemed unclear about the insurance. Jeff said they weren't covered "at this time" so maybe he is having to deal with the good old insurance company two step.
Trav138
1/6/2017 7:18am
Muezh wrote:
Are any of these bikes insured? Wouldn't his homeowners or business insurance for the shop cover the loss? I can't believe anyone buys an $8k bike...

Best of luck finding these bikes. Hope something good may come from the photos.
Why no insurance?
This is what everyone always asks. From my experience, if the bikes are raced they are not covered under just about any policy. It's rediculous, but they will investigate looking for race results, information, etc.
Not sure about home owners, but would expect the same result.
Now, if bikes are not raced, they can be covered quite cheap, even with 3k accessories.
It's crazy that an old man racing the local vet class can't insure his bikes for theft because he races a few times a year.

What's the logic behind the racing ignorance? Are we labeled "high risk" because we race, and would be considered a risk? It's not like we are trying to insure parts replacement, crash damage or anything like that?
I know health insurance is going this route also with policies excluding sanctioned racing events.

SLOWTIME
1/7/2017 11:27am
Any new info about the bikes? Jeff is a real nice guy and I hope the best for him
1/7/2017 11:35am
Trav138 wrote:
Best of luck finding these bikes. Hope something good may come from the photos. Why no insurance? This is what everyone always asks. From my experience...
Best of luck finding these bikes. Hope something good may come from the photos.
Why no insurance?
This is what everyone always asks. From my experience, if the bikes are raced they are not covered under just about any policy. It's rediculous, but they will investigate looking for race results, information, etc.
Not sure about home owners, but would expect the same result.
Now, if bikes are not raced, they can be covered quite cheap, even with 3k accessories.
It's crazy that an old man racing the local vet class can't insure his bikes for theft because he races a few times a year.

What's the logic behind the racing ignorance? Are we labeled "high risk" because we race, and would be considered a risk? It's not like we are trying to insure parts replacement, crash damage or anything like that?
I know health insurance is going this route also with policies excluding sanctioned racing events.

My insurance covers my bike as long as is it's not at the track {even practice days}. Kind of crazy but what I could get.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
1/7/2017 1:07pm
Whew bad situation. Sounds like he needs prayer

Post a reply to: 5 bikes stolen in Michigan last night

The Latest