|
Crush
4/29/2010 7:07am
Beat me to it ya bastard!

The Shop

Grendel
4/29/2010 7:25am
500guy wrote:
Since when should scribes for the News become the News ?
When the goofballs whining about him make him such.
88sdad
4/29/2010 7:32am
Cygnus wrote:
[img]http://www.stoopad.com/content/binary/BigHeadRuinsTheDay.png[/img]
el oh el
WORCSRacer
4/29/2010 7:36am
Is it really an apology when you're winking? Maybe it's just too hard for Cox to simply say, "I'm sorry".
huck
4/29/2010 7:39am
WORCSRacer wrote:
Is it really an apology when you're winking? Maybe it's just too hard for Cox to simply say, "I'm sorry".
The biggest problem is...he doesn't think he did anything wrong. And for Racer X to "make fun of" the situation is very telling. Just another reason to justify my non-renewal....
Grendel
4/29/2010 7:42am
WORCSRacer wrote:
Why does he have to apologize for giving him an interview Blake requested on the subject Wharton wanted to discuss?
burnside
4/29/2010 7:44am
WORCSRacer wrote:
huck wrote:
The biggest problem is...he doesn't think he did anything wrong. And for Racer X to "make fun of" the situation is very telling. Just another reason...
The biggest problem is...he doesn't think he did anything wrong. And for Racer X to "make fun of" the situation is very telling. Just another reason to justify my non-renewal....
I thought the 5 minutes with him was a good idea, but yeah, still kinda dodged the bullet eh.
DC
4/29/2010 7:48am
Man, tough crowd. Cancel your magazine subscription because a free internet interview went a little sideways? Was it really that godawful bad Huck?

And Cox wasn't winking, he was certainly aware of the fuss it caused and that he needs to approach these things with that in mind in the future. He takes his craft seriously. At least that's the feeling I got in grilling him a little myself.

DC
MX Sports
Crush
4/29/2010 7:51am
Steve doesn't have to apologise for anything... Blake and FC wanted the interview and he is quite right, if there was a bunch of snoozey easy questions then Blake really wouldn't have gotten off...

As it is, yeah the interview might have sounded a little harsh, but the more important point is that Blake, at 17 or 18, manned up, admitted he made a fuck up, apologised and is looking to move on...

Maybe some of you bitches should do the same...
WORCSRacer
4/29/2010 7:56am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2010 8:00am
WORCSRacer wrote:
Grendel wrote:
Why does he have to apologize for giving him an interview Blake requested on the subject Wharton wanted to discuss?
Just because Wharton asked you for an interview Steve, it doesn't mean you should act like a complete dick to him. He made a mistake and wanted to publically apologize for it. WTF did you think he was asking for? "Hey can I go on RacerX and you can get up on a pulpit dress me down and school me on proper racing lines in front of the Sunday faithful?"
Well let me share with you, it came off as a pompous ass interviewing a nice kid who screwed up.
3D
4/29/2010 7:57am
I don't think Cox is going to be getting any phone interviews any time soon..
jemcee
4/29/2010 7:58am
DC wrote:
Man, tough crowd. Cancel your magazine subscription because a free internet interview went a little sideways? Was it really that godawful bad Huck? And Cox wasn't...
Man, tough crowd. Cancel your magazine subscription because a free internet interview went a little sideways? Was it really that godawful bad Huck?

And Cox wasn't winking, he was certainly aware of the fuss it caused and that he needs to approach these things with that in mind in the future. He takes his craft seriously. At least that's the feeling I got in grilling him a little myself.

DC
MX Sports
can you maybe suggest to him to not put those funny borders on his wallpapers cause I reckon they take away from the photos and look a bit shit, and every week?.. good photos though.

aaaand back to topic in 5, 4, 3, 2...
huck
4/29/2010 7:58am
DC wrote:
Man, tough crowd. Cancel your magazine subscription because a free internet interview went a little sideways? Was it really that godawful bad Huck? And Cox wasn't...

DC
MX Sports
Yes, I did feel it was THAT Godawful. Steve's interviews are all about HIM, not the person intended.

Just a note about the subscription though...I haven't had a magazine subscription in over 3 years. So, that was a bit of an embellishment. Wink

Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/29/2010 8:01am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:29pm
WORCSRacer wrote:
huck wrote:
The biggest problem is...he doesn't think he did anything wrong. And for Racer X to "make fun of" the situation is very telling. Just another reason...
jeez you two- He didn't do anything wrong. He was asked to do the interview!

get your panties out of a wad.
Cygnus
4/29/2010 8:01am
Ironic. But my last mag scrip was MXi.
Grendel
4/29/2010 8:02am
WORCSRacer wrote:
Just because Wharton asked you for an interview Steve, it doesn't mean you should act like a complete dick to him. He made a mistake and...
Just because Wharton asked you for an interview Steve, it doesn't mean you should act like a complete dick to him. He made a mistake and wanted to publically apologize for it. WTF did you think he was asking for? "Hey can I go on RacerX and you can get up on a pulpit dress me down and school me on proper racing lines in front of the Sunday faithful?"
Well let me share with you, it came off as a pompous ass interviewing a nice kid who screwed up.
I am not nor have I ever been Steve Cox.

And acting like that interview was some sort of finger-wagging is just pissy hyperbole. Every other week Cox gets accused of kissing too much ass. He goes straight to the point, covers every detail and still gets outcry from you malcontents.
Truespode
4/29/2010 8:05am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
The problem is I, as a reader, do not enjoy Steve's interview style.

I don't read his stuff anymore and if it wasn't for the blow up here I wouldn't have read the Blake interview either.

Steve interjects himself into his interviews way too much. Anything you read by Steve is going to have a completely biased and over-rationalized opinion. It is annoying to read so I don't.

I used to do the same thing when I was in college studying journalism. I got called on it several times when I had my own column in the school paper. But I was young, dumb and learning. Steve is supposed to be a professional.

When I read Racer X interviews I want to read what the riders have to say. I don't want to read Steve's opinion interjected in it nor do I really care who the interviewer is as long as they are not making themselves part of the story.

Unfortunately, Steve can't keep himself out of the story.

The fact that Racer X felt necessary to do an Interview with the journalist instead of a follow up with Trey about the incident is proof that the original interview did not provide us, the readers, with the opinion we wanted to see from Blake.

IMO, the story should be Blake and Trey. Steve should just be a bylline.

Ivan
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/29/2010 8:05am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2010 8:06am
WORCSRacer wrote:
Just because Wharton asked you for an interview Steve, it doesn't mean you should act like a complete dick to him. He made a mistake and...
Grendel wrote:
I am not nor have I ever been Steve Cox. And acting like that interview was some sort of finger-wagging is just pissy hyperbole. Every other...
I am not nor have I ever been Steve Cox.

And acting like that interview was some sort of finger-wagging is just pissy hyperbole. Every other week Cox gets accused of kissing too much ass. He goes straight to the point, covers every detail and still gets outcry from you malcontents.
Im now convinced Grendel is just trolling us, he cant be serious
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
4/29/2010 8:06am
Crush wrote:
Steve doesn't have to apologise for anything... Blake and FC wanted the interview and he is quite right, if there was a bunch of snoozey easy...
Steve doesn't have to apologise for anything... Blake and FC wanted the interview and he is quite right, if there was a bunch of snoozey easy questions then Blake really wouldn't have gotten off...

As it is, yeah the interview might have sounded a little harsh, but the more important point is that Blake, at 17 or 18, manned up, admitted he made a fuck up, apologised and is looking to move on...

Maybe some of you bitches should do the same...
Exactly. And what Grendel said too.

purpleNurple
4/29/2010 8:16am
its an interview, who cares. I must say though it sure would be nice to see somebody ask some Congressmen and the President some tough questions. So on that note Cox go interview the President.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/29/2010 8:20am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:29pm
6 pages minimum.

That is only because DC responded and now every know it all is going to feel like they can jump in and feel important. (including me)
chadwik74
4/29/2010 8:21am
I think DC did a great job proving a point to Cox's. He wasn't making fun of the situation, just adding a bit of humor when roles were reversed. Racer X is the best damn mag out there and for all the whiners that use a weak exscuse to end thier subscription......who really care's. Keep up the good work DC and staff (excluding Cox....) You.ll always be a dick in my book's....but again, who care's!!
Zycki11
4/29/2010 8:25am
Again, i brought this subject up merely to see if anyone shared the same opinion. Ironically the same principle i stated earlier applies. Grow up and be a man, DC addressed the situation and did it with sarcasm at the same time. The point was made clearly bottom line. Now it is time for everyone else to quit beating this dead horse and move on. Great job DC and Cox.
sc961
4/29/2010 8:25am
Cox is doing his job.
If you like his style, read it.
If you don't, don't read it.

I have come to find that no matter what he does, or how he does it, there are going to be a number of people here that don't like it. That's OK, he probably doesn't like some of the things those people. Life's short, don't sweat the small stuff.

Anyone that can't see humor in the "5 min with Steve Cox" needs to lighten up A LOT.

jasonward73
4/29/2010 8:28am
3D wrote:
I don't think Cox is going to be getting any phone interviews any time soon..
How many F'n times does it need to be explained to you?! Blake's team came to Cox to do the interview and Blake called Cox. Holy shit you're stupid. Blake was not blindsided, he essentially asked for it.

And x2 what Crush and Grendel said.

Post a reply to: 5 Minutes with... Steve Cox :-)

The Latest