4th annual 2 stroke shootout by Boyesen

TractionMX
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2014 8:53am

Sleepy Hollow mx, Fredericksburg, PA Sept 12-14th Decotis won the event last year. The event has been growing bigger every year, who's going??????????????

|
ruskymx
9/3/2014 3:18pm
I'll be there. What time does everything start on Sunday? Just rented from borrowlenses.com a 5D mkIII and 70-200 2.8L to see how I like them before I buy them and taking them with me.

Ruskymx
Trav138
9/3/2014 3:25pm
I ll be there on Fri. I really want to hear and talk to Harold
Wish i could ride but i'm not quite back yet and struggling with my prosthetic fit should be cool!
TractionMX
9/3/2014 4:23pm
ruskymx practice starts at 9am both days racing to follow. Trav138 Harold is a great guy, He would definitely help you out!
9/3/2014 5:38pm
Check out this sweet ride that Traction Mx built. Mike Mcdade is going to race it at the shootout

The Shop

9/3/2014 6:10pm
That sounds like a must see event. I can only dream of attending an event with ZERO four strokes. Man that would bring back memories and the goosebumps. So wish there was something like that within a 4hr drive for me.
Mouse153
9/3/2014 6:28pm
Ah crap! I'll be in Texas that weekend.
hillbilly
9/3/2014 11:43pm
Dag used to come down to d29,NC,SC,in 87 or 88 and race with us on the link bike.

Me,Neely,vertucci,dag,ashworth in 25 plus would have huge battles.

One day at devils ridge i got the 2nd moto and the overall by doing this sketchy blind double that Brown took me over in 250a..I let him get a lead,eased around till getting lapped then followed him across it. I knew none of the others in 25 were doing it and it worked.

Fred was parked beside me and i swear he going to kill me afterwards,lol. He wasnt big on the jumpfest tracks turned into and i believed he wanted to use my neck and his bear sized hands to get out some frustration.

Good times back then.
Crush
9/4/2014 1:14am
Jbrandmx85 wrote:
Check out this sweet ride that Traction Mx built. Mike Mcdade is going to race it at the shootout [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/03/64251/s1200_Mcdade_suzuki.jpg[/img]
Check out this sweet ride that Traction Mx built. Mike Mcdade is going to race it at the shootout

Saw that on facebook the other day, I know people thought they were ugly but that thing is cool!
9/4/2014 7:55am
Looks like a great event, if I was closer, I'd be going!! Anyone know how Mike McDade's son is doing?
holeshot100
9/4/2014 10:30am
Boyesen Family= First class....
Ehvind was instrumental in the progression of the motorcycle...Truly a genius....GodSpeed to him.
Dag carrying the torch...his dad would be proud.
Gringoe
9/8/2014 8:13am
Hopefully the purse comes up a little bit last minute. Last year was 10k I think. Really cool event
9/8/2014 10:42am
Saw JimmyD post on Facebook looking for a bike to borrow. Giving JimmyD your 2stroke to race with is pretty much the equivalent of letting Peter North bang your wife..
mxb2
9/8/2014 11:06am
Saw JimmyD post on Facebook looking for a bike to borrow. Giving JimmyD your 2stroke to race with is pretty much the equivalent of letting Peter...
Saw JimmyD post on Facebook looking for a bike to borrow. Giving JimmyD your 2stroke to race with is pretty much the equivalent of letting Peter North bang your wife..
What a suprise. borrowing a bike. Great idea. buy one . the race is every year. plenty enough time to buy a clean used or new smoker.or give the bike loaner half your winnings. or replacement parts.
Darryl916
9/8/2014 11:38am
I'll be there if I can get one of my buddies to borrow a 2 stroke and come with.
Gringoe
9/8/2014 12:21pm
Saw JimmyD post on Facebook looking for a bike to borrow. Giving JimmyD your 2stroke to race with is pretty much the equivalent of letting Peter...
mxb2 wrote:
What a suprise. borrowing a bike. Great idea. buy one . the race is every year. plenty enough time to buy a clean used or new...
What a suprise. borrowing a bike. Great idea. buy one . the race is every year. plenty enough time to buy a clean used or new smoker.or give the bike loaner half your winnings. or replacement parts.
He has 450s 250fs and a 125. This is the only race of the year he needs a 250 two stroke. If he won everything at the current purse he wouldn't even make his money back.

He also said he'd have his old mechanic go over it after he rode if needed.

You should be talking more about mcdade borrowing bikes. Seems like every race he's on something different, jimmy on the other hand these are the only two Motos of the year he will ride on a borrowed bike I'm pretty sure.
9/8/2014 12:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
What a suprise. borrowing a bike. Great idea. buy one . the race is every year. plenty enough time to buy a clean used or new...
Gringoe wrote:
He has 450s 250fs and a 125. This is the only race of the year he needs a 250 two stroke. If he won everything at...
He has 450s 250fs and a 125. This is the only race of the year he needs a 250 two stroke. If he won everything at the current purse he wouldn't even make his money back.

You should be talking more about mcdade borrowing bikes. Seems like every race he's on something different, jimmy on the other hand these are the only two Motos of the year he will ride on a borrowed bike I'm pretty sure.
and last year, McDude about killed himself when the bike grenaded on a jump face coming up next to the announcer's tower.

that is one interesting dynamic to this race. its like 20% two-stroke diehards and 80% guys on borrowed clappers asking the 20% how to jet their shit.
Darryl916
9/8/2014 12:25pm
Darryl916 wrote:
Anybody racing 30+ on Saturday?
You better put a new front tire on that CR. Bob Hannah wants his tire back.
Already done. Now if I can work on not getting ran over in the first turn I may have a chance at a good result.

You going?
9/8/2014 12:33pm
Darryl916 wrote:
Anybody racing 30+ on Saturday?
You better put a new front tire on that CR. Bob Hannah wants his tire back.
Darryl916 wrote:
Already done. Now if I can work on not getting ran over in the first turn I may have a chance at a good result. You...
Already done. Now if I can work on not getting ran over in the first turn I may have a chance at a good result.

You going?
I've been up in canada. theres a night race at ncmp, not sure which one i want to go to.

be careful up there, that track gets super gnarly by the first round of motos. radiator deep ruts. definitely a mans track later in the day. ol' Jere Swarr takes pride in his dirt farming abilities.

mxb2
9/8/2014 12:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
He has 450s 250fs and a 125. This is the only race of the year he needs a 250 two stroke. If he won everything at...

My post was not for jimmyd only. it was a observation. these riders have all year to plan this race. Most use shop bikes or borrowed bikes. What are they doing with the $$ not used on buying bikes? And its cool someone will let them borrow one, but unless you are getting $$ or some new parts, whats the good side of your bike getting clapped out.?
BobPA
9/8/2014 3:01pm
Fun event for sure. I could never get a good flow at that place, don't know if it is the dirt or what....actually still hate Sleepy haha
Huckster
9/8/2014 3:20pm
mxb2 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
My post was not for jimmyd only. it was a observation. these riders have all year to plan this race. Most use shop bikes or borrowed...
My post was not for jimmyd only. it was a observation. these riders have all year to plan this race. Most use shop bikes or borrowed bikes. What are they doing with the $$ not used on buying bikes? And its cool someone will let them borrow one, but unless you are getting $$ or some new parts, whats the good side of your bike getting clapped out.?
Clapped out in 1 race? Thought those two strokes were bullet proof and very inexpensive to maintain? If I had a modern 250 I would let him use it. If it were an orange one, and a 125, I would give it to Seth Rarick for the weekend.
mxb2
9/8/2014 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 8:04pm
Gringoe wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
My post was not for jimmyd only. it was a observation. these riders have all year to plan this race. Most use shop bikes or borrowed...
Huckster wrote:
Clapped out in 1 race? Thought those two strokes were bullet proof and very inexpensive to maintain? If I had a modern 250 I would let...
Clapped out in 1 race? Thought those two strokes were bullet proof and very inexpensive to maintain? If I had a modern 250 I would let him use it. If it were an orange one, and a 125, I would give it to Seth Rarick for the weekend.
chain. sprocket.probably tires,graphics. at least. and thats if its not crashed or a engine problem. and fuel. these pro guys probably wont give the bike bac k like new. they ride them hard. Imo either put the bike like new and 50% of winnings. Still cheaper than them buying a bike.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
9/8/2014 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 8:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
chain. sprocket.probably tires,graphics. at least. and thats if its not crashed or a engine problem. and fuel. these pro guys probably wont give the bike bac...
chain. sprocket.probably tires,graphics. at least. and thats if its not crashed or a engine problem. and fuel. these pro guys probably wont give the bike bac k like new. they ride them hard. Imo either put the bike like new and 50% of winnings. Still cheaper than them buying a bike.
Hey mxbtoolio,

What bike are you riding in the race Mr. Ifuckingknowitall?

That race is not too far from you, maybe you can man up, borrow or steal a bike and race it. . . instead of racing your mouth.

Your brain is about to blow up from panicrev.

Your consistent negative posts are boarding on idiocy, get a bike and race it and STFU!

you don't know what deals are made between the bike loaner and the rider. . . perhaps both are satisfied with whatever out come there is. Did ya ever think about that ya genius?

Damn, the idiots are out tonight

PS

mxb2
9/8/2014 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 8:30pm
mxb2 wrote:
chain. sprocket.probably tires,graphics. at least. and thats if its not crashed or a engine problem. and fuel. these pro guys probably wont give the bike bac...
Hey mxbtoolio, What bike are you riding in the race Mr. Ifuckingknowitall? That race is not too far from you, maybe you can man up, borrow...
Hey mxbtoolio,

What bike are you riding in the race Mr. Ifuckingknowitall?

That race is not too far from you, maybe you can man up, borrow or steal a bike and race it. . . instead of racing your mouth.

Your brain is about to blow up from panicrev.

Your consistent negative posts are boarding on idiocy, get a bike and race it and STFU!

you don't know what deals are made between the bike loaner and the rider. . . perhaps both are satisfied with whatever out come there is. Did ya ever think about that ya genius?

Damn, the idiots are out tonight

PS

I stated a opinion and asked a question dickhead. . I live 5 hrs away . if its any of your business. Idgaf what you think toughguy. You talk pretty good behind a keyboard. pretty sure you dont what deals are made either. so gfy. i will let ya kow if go and see if you talk as much in person as you do behind a keyboard. i pretty much doubt it. . you keep cleaning those riders balls lmfao.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
9/8/2014 9:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 9:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
I stated a opinion and asked a question dickhead. . I live 5 hrs away . if its any of your business. Idgaf what you think...
I stated a opinion and asked a question dickhead. . I live 5 hrs away . if its any of your business. Idgaf what you think toughguy. You talk pretty good behind a keyboard. pretty sure you dont what deals are made either. so gfy. i will let ya kow if go and see if you talk as much in person as you do behind a keyboard. i pretty much doubt it. . you keep cleaning those riders balls lmfao.
I stated my opinion also. . .and I'm the whole dick, not just a dickhead to you.Woohoo Remember that boy.

You are the shit talker, I called you out on it. Suck it.

I don't care what you do toolio, and we don't deal in lmfaos and gfy's here. You can type with the whole keyboard right?

STFU and go to the race and ride, then post your stellar results and pictures of you drinking champagne out of the trophy.

Otherwise, you are the internet bully with an opinion that. . . is well. . . worthless.

And please, for us infirmed and uneducated, please use punctuation and form complete sentences. Since you knowitall it shouldn't be to difficult a task for a fourth grader like you. Grinning

Put your mouth into neutral, and kick your ass in gear and go race the race. You know it all and should be able to sweep the podium. Oh wait, I forget. . .you didn't even plan to race the race. Just your mouth.

PS
mxb2
9/8/2014 9:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
I stated a opinion and asked a question dickhead. . I live 5 hrs away . if its any of your business. Idgaf what you think...
I stated my opinion also. . .and I'm the whole dick, not just a dickhead to you.:woohoo: Remember that boy. You are the shit talker, I...
I stated my opinion also. . .and I'm the whole dick, not just a dickhead to you.Woohoo Remember that boy.

You are the shit talker, I called you out on it. Suck it.

I don't care what you do toolio, and we don't deal in lmfaos and gfy's here. You can type with the whole keyboard right?

STFU and go to the race and ride, then post your stellar results and pictures of you drinking champagne out of the trophy.

Otherwise, you are the internet bully with an opinion that. . . is well. . . worthless.

And please, for us infirmed and uneducated, please use punctuation and form complete sentences. Since you knowitall it shouldn't be to difficult a task for a fourth grader like you. Grinning

Put your mouth into neutral, and kick your ass in gear and go race the race. You know it all and should be able to sweep the podium. Oh wait, I forget. . .you didn't even plan to race the race. Just your mouth.

PS
As stated i was not planning on going. i dont own a smoker and have enough self respect not to beg to borrow one and i doubt you will eirher. you will be to busy prepping your loaner bikes for your pro buddies. Wow you are so cool. a pro ass kisser. keep it up . those guys love idiots like you. As i said i guarantee you wont talk the same in person as you do on vital.unless your a douchebag in person also. You are the smartest , toughest guy on vital, you win . Go clean bikes for this wknd and make sure you dont slobber to hard this wknd lmfao. You are a clown.

Post a reply to: 4th annual 2 stroke shootout by Boyesen

The Latest