450 Outdoor Champ out

redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
6/8/2009 6:30pm
The Wiz wrote:
With Alessi's injury today, this Championship is going to be won by the most consistent at loosing all time, Chad Reed. Reed can't make the podium...
With Alessi's injury today, this Championship is going to be won by the most consistent at loosing all time, Chad Reed. Reed can't make the podium and now he's in line to win this championship. I'm sick!
prolly still thinking "go chad reed!"
WORCSRacer
6/8/2009 6:31pm
The Wiz wrote:
With Alessi's injury today, this Championship is going to be won by the most consistent at loosing all time, Chad Reed. Reed can't make the podium...
With Alessi's injury today, this Championship is going to be won by the most consistent at loosing all time, Chad Reed. Reed can't make the podium and now he's in line to win this championship. I'm sick!
I'll tell you what RV is thinking: this sucks for me.

You don't actually think he feels bad for MA do you? They aren't friends dude, they are competitors and they genuinely don't like one another.
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 6:37pm
The Wiz wrote:
WORCSRacer wrote:
I'll tell you what RV is thinking: this sucks for me. You don't actually think he feels bad for MA do you? They aren't friends dude...
I'll tell you what RV is thinking: this sucks for me.

You don't actually think he feels bad for MA do you? They aren't friends dude, they are competitors and they genuinely don't like one another.
No, RV doesn't like Alessi at all, which I assume is why he wanted Reed to win when he dropped out himself. At this point, Alessi isn't an issue (assuming Alessi really is out) and I wonder if he'd feel the same way. Probably would, or, more likely, he'd probably like to go hunting and let the motocross world figure it out for itself.

But I'm telling you, Short was way faster overall than Reed in the first moto on Sunday, and he was almost as fast as Alessi. If Short can keep his focus, he can win the title. He's got it all going for him. Short had a 2 or 3 lap brain-fade in the second moto or he'd have beaten Reed then, too. Short just needs some confidence and he'll get it when he's winning motos and overalls.

The Shop

Crush
6/8/2009 6:37pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
In Reed's entire career, he's won exactly one National - the 2002 High Point race where Stewart crushed a radiator. He's a great rider but he...
In Reed's entire career, he's won exactly one National - the 2002 High Point race where Stewart crushed a radiator. He's a great rider but he just doesn't get it done outdoors. That's just the historical truth. Besides, I'm not even sure if Reed is all stoked up to win a championship where Stewart didn't ride and two guys Reed couldn't beat - RV and Alessi - both dropped out with injuries. Short is stronger, just as fast, very consistent (his GH deal was a mechanical) and he's a fighter. He'll put a guy over a berm in a heartbeat.

Short is going to win. Reed will have an injury or two and will have a few bad motos and Short will keep plugging away and when they leave Steel City, Short will have the title.
You just used your "logic" to say how Reed isn't a winner...

And then state that Short is stronger...

Again, how many times has Short beaten Reed... In fact how many wins does Short have...

BUZZER, GAME OVER, YOU'RE A CLOWN!
hey_man
6/8/2009 6:38pm
Maybe Alessi suffers from a transient patellar dislocation rather than an actual fracture?
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2009 6:40pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
In Reed's entire career, he's won exactly one National - the 2002 High Point race where Stewart crushed a radiator. He's a great rider but he...
In Reed's entire career, he's won exactly one National - the 2002 High Point race where Stewart crushed a radiator. He's a great rider but he just doesn't get it done outdoors. That's just the historical truth. Besides, I'm not even sure if Reed is all stoked up to win a championship where Stewart didn't ride and two guys Reed couldn't beat - RV and Alessi - both dropped out with injuries. Short is stronger, just as fast, very consistent (his GH deal was a mechanical) and he's a fighter. He'll put a guy over a berm in a heartbeat.

Short is going to win. Reed will have an injury or two and will have a few bad motos and Short will keep plugging away and when they leave Steel City, Short will have the title.
Crush wrote:
You just used your "logic" to say how Reed isn't a winner... And then state that Short is stronger... Again, how many times has Short beaten...
You just used your "logic" to say how Reed isn't a winner...

And then state that Short is stronger...

Again, how many times has Short beaten Reed... In fact how many wins does Short have...

BUZZER, GAME OVER, YOU'RE A CLOWN!
He beat Reed like a drum just yesterday, dipshit. Beat him in the first moto by a mile and beat him overall.
jmar
6/8/2009 6:40pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

As always hate makes people do and say stupid things.
Crush
6/8/2009 6:41pm
Overall... Reed beat him more times than any other rider to race him... SX, MX, watever...

You still haven't said anything about the other riders, or watever you classify them as?!?!

I am sure it is easy to judge people from your chair where you are acheiving so much... Why aren't you the real champ, or are you just a paper douche?!?!
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 6:42pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

jmar wrote:

WTF are you talking about? I don't hate anyone. I know history and Reed doesn't have a great outdoor record, it's as simple as that.
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 6:44pm
Crush wrote:
Overall... Reed beat him more times than any other rider to race him... SX, MX, watever... You still haven't said anything about the other riders, or...
Overall... Reed beat him more times than any other rider to race him... SX, MX, watever...

You still haven't said anything about the other riders, or watever you classify them as?!?!

I am sure it is easy to judge people from your chair where you are acheiving so much... Why aren't you the real champ, or are you just a paper douche?!?!
The only other guy who's really close is Grant, and let me tell you, Grant blew it Sunday. I don't know what happened, but he fell in the second moto and just rode around the rest of the time. Maybe he was hurt, but he apparently wasn't hurt bad or he'd have pulled off. That's the kind of thing that kills a title run. And Grant has that history - he's hot and cold.
jmar
6/8/2009 6:51pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

jmar wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:

WTF are you talking about? I don't hate anyone. I know history and Reed doesn't have a great outdoor record, it's as simple as that.
You're post have always shown you're dislike for Reed. Remember you're meltdown after A-1.

For some reason Reed gets under you're skin.
Crush
6/8/2009 6:59pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

jmar wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:

Clown...

Who does have a great outdoor record!?!?!?!?

RC... ?

James... Or Does he... I suppose the 24-0 doesn't count cause RC wasn't racing?

CLOWN! CLOWN! CLOWN!

hey_man
6/8/2009 7:00pm
jmar wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:

jmar wrote:
You're post have always shown you're dislike for Reed. Remember you're meltdown after A-1.

Reed, Short and Grant are all phenomenal and all have a chance at the title. Best case scenario: Alessi is back for Thunder Valley.
jt $
Stevie wonder could see that WhKnuckle hates Chad... Beaten like a drum may not be entirely accurate... CR crashed first moto while AS rode to a strong 2nd. Moto two, CR passed Shorty and beat him straight up. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but to try to convince anyone familiar with your post history that you don't have a true disdain for 22 is farfetched at best. Having said that, it should be a real war for the title from here on out.
WhKnuckle
jmar wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:

jmar wrote:

I didn't have a meltdown after A1 - you're confusing me with someone else. And I never had anything against Reed until he mouthed off about what a terrible life it was to have to race the Nationals and whined about the tracks, whined about the pits, whined about the bike. Heck, I never felt so bad for a rider in my life than I did for Reed in '04 when he got that stupid fuel penalty and his parents came all the way from Australia to see him win the title in SLC but he wound up not winning until the next week and they had to go home. I thought that was the worst injustice ever done to a rider. But it doesn't matter how anyone feels about any rider, what he does on the track is his career - and Reed's career outdoors hasn't been great.

I will admit I'm a big Short fan. He went to a real school, came into the pro ranks on the Motoworld team and didn't have great equipment and worked his ass off to get where he is, and he appreciates it. Here's a piece from his interview on Racer X today:

What is it about you that keeps you motivated? Have you ever run into burnout? And if you have, what do you do to avoid it?

I love to ride! I’ll always love to ride, but I’ve raced so much in the last year since I moved up, and I haven’t gotten a break, but I know it’s not going to last forever. I’m really lucky to be living my dream and I don’t want to give anything up while it’s here. Also, I do get burnt out when I’m in California for too long because you just drive and sit in traffic, and the tracks are burnt out, and after a while you just want to go home and chill out. I think everybody can find something negative about their job, and if that’s the only thing I have to complain about, I have it really good. I just try and keep an open outlook on it. I love what I do. It’ll be a bummer when I have to drive down to the dealer and buy a bike because I’m so spoiled right now to do what I do.

It doesn't make a bit of difference who I root for, but if I'm rooting for someone, it's Short. And besides that, I think Short has a better shot than Reed.
WORCSRacer
6/8/2009 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2009 7:03pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
No, RV doesn't like Alessi at all, which I assume is why he wanted Reed to win when he dropped out himself. At this point, Alessi...
No, RV doesn't like Alessi at all, which I assume is why he wanted Reed to win when he dropped out himself. At this point, Alessi isn't an issue (assuming Alessi really is out) and I wonder if he'd feel the same way. Probably would, or, more likely, he'd probably like to go hunting and let the motocross world figure it out for itself.

But I'm telling you, Short was way faster overall than Reed in the first moto on Sunday, and he was almost as fast as Alessi. If Short can keep his focus, he can win the title. He's got it all going for him. Short had a 2 or 3 lap brain-fade in the second moto or he'd have beaten Reed then, too. Short just needs some confidence and he'll get it when he's winning motos and overalls.
Ease up you sound like a schoolgirl, You do know he's not a real Texan don't you? Cool
Friday
6/8/2009 7:01pm
This really sucks for Mike. The kid had it in his sights after RV went down. He's got to feel sick since he really has done his homework and stepped up his game. The heading of this thread threw me though,as I didn't think any 450 champs were contesting this year. My money would now be on Reed and Short fighting it out to the end with Reed getting the nod. Time will tell. Hell,maybe James will come out now and reel off like 18 straight.Wink
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 7:05pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
No, RV doesn't like Alessi at all, which I assume is why he wanted Reed to win when he dropped out himself. At this point, Alessi...

WORCSRacer wrote:
Ease up you sound like a schoolgirl, You do know he's not a real Texan don't you?
Ease up you sound like a schoolgirl, You do know he's not a real Texan don't you? Cool
Man, if you live with cows in Smithville, you're a Texan. And Jackie is a natural-born, full fledged citizen of the Sovereign Republic of Texas.
WORCSRacer
6/8/2009 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:18am
WhKnuckle wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:
Ease up you sound like a schoolgirl, You do know he's not a real Texan don't you?
WhKnuckle wrote:
Man, if you live with cows in Smithville, you're a Texan. And Jackie is a natural-born, full fledged citizen of the Sovereign Republic of Texas.
I knew it! you're nothing but a homeslice! Laughing

Good luck to Shorty and I hope this turns into the best Championship ever but I'm pulling for the man from down under.
-eagle-
6/8/2009 7:08pm
Cart before the horse kiddies.
Let the dust settle, the swelling peak and the mri's and xrays come through.
All we have is vague bullshit from a few websites and pit pundits.
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 7:10pm
WORCSRacer wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
WORCSRacer wrote:
I knew it! you're nothing but a homeslice! Good luck to Shorty and I hope this turns into the best Championship ever but I'm pulling for...
I knew it! you're nothing but a homeslice! Laughing

Good luck to Shorty and I hope this turns into the best Championship ever but I'm pulling for the man from down under.
Ok, I'll plead guilty. Or at least nolo contendre.
41NDT
6/8/2009 7:12pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Short is going to win. Take it to the bank. Reed will have a couple of bad motos and Grant is too inconsistent. Short would be...
Short is going to win. Take it to the bank. Reed will have a couple of bad motos and Grant is too inconsistent. Short would be ahead of Reed if he hadn't had a mechanical at GH as it is.
Crush wrote:
Has Short every beaten Reed straight up!?!?! Or in a series... No he hasn't... Ifs and buts don't count for shit... Do you know that Bailey...
Has Short every beaten Reed straight up!?!?! Or in a series... No he hasn't... Ifs and buts don't count for shit... Do you know that Bailey would be a 3 time champ if Hannah hadn't injured himself... Kied woulda been 2 time champ if JMB hadn't hurt himself... Stanton wouldn't be 6 time if RJ hadn't have busted his wrist... If MC hadn't had got a flat or got pile driven in the first turn of the 97 season, Emig woulnd't be a SX champ... GL wouldn't be a 450 champ if Bubba hadn't broken his knee.... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! It doesn't matter, you gotta be in it to win it!

And as for this dipshit.... "Very true, were just going to see how this plays out, but that's why Reed wins Championships, by other riders dropping out of the series.
Look at 2004, RC injured and Reed wins SX Championship
Look at 2008, Stewart injured and Reed wins SX Championship

He has never bet anyone straight up, it's always by default."

He beat everyone else, except for two riders who were never beaten by anyone except the other...

You're all clowns...

with Reeds results @ the end of the 2003 season i'm sure he would of had RC4 covered in the 2004 season
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
6/8/2009 7:18pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

Reed raced against quite possible the fastest 125 pilot to ever live, James Stewart, in 2002 and then the greatest outdoor motocross rider in history, RC, in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

...and you give him shit for not winning more races?

Why don't you tell us how many races Andrew Short has won.
jmar
6/8/2009 7:18pm
-eagle- wrote:
Cart before the horse kiddies. Let the dust settle, the swelling peak and the mri's and xrays come through. All we have is vague bullshit from...
Cart before the horse kiddies.
Let the dust settle, the swelling peak and the mri's and xrays come through.
All we have is vague bullshit from a few websites and pit pundits.
I would have to agree.
race
6/8/2009 7:26pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

jmar wrote:

WhKnuckle wrote:
I didn't have a meltdown after A1 - you're confusing me with someone else. And I never had anything against Reed until he mouthed off about...
I didn't have a meltdown after A1 - you're confusing me with someone else. And I never had anything against Reed until he mouthed off about what a terrible life it was to have to race the Nationals and whined about the tracks, whined about the pits, whined about the bike. Heck, I never felt so bad for a rider in my life than I did for Reed in '04 when he got that stupid fuel penalty and his parents came all the way from Australia to see him win the title in SLC but he wound up not winning until the next week and they had to go home. I thought that was the worst injustice ever done to a rider. But it doesn't matter how anyone feels about any rider, what he does on the track is his career - and Reed's career outdoors hasn't been great.

I will admit I'm a big Short fan. He went to a real school, came into the pro ranks on the Motoworld team and didn't have great equipment and worked his ass off to get where he is, and he appreciates it. Here's a piece from his interview on Racer X today:

What is it about you that keeps you motivated? Have you ever run into burnout? And if you have, what do you do to avoid it?

I love to ride! I’ll always love to ride, but I’ve raced so much in the last year since I moved up, and I haven’t gotten a break, but I know it’s not going to last forever. I’m really lucky to be living my dream and I don’t want to give anything up while it’s here. Also, I do get burnt out when I’m in California for too long because you just drive and sit in traffic, and the tracks are burnt out, and after a while you just want to go home and chill out. I think everybody can find something negative about their job, and if that’s the only thing I have to complain about, I have it really good. I just try and keep an open outlook on it. I love what I do. It’ll be a bummer when I have to drive down to the dealer and buy a bike because I’m so spoiled right now to do what I do.

It doesn't make a bit of difference who I root for, but if I'm rooting for someone, it's Short. And besides that, I think Short has a better shot than Reed.
Holy fuck, do you ever shut up about Reed?

Any post about Reed is GUARANTEED to have you whining about him in it. Give it a rest and layoff the haterade for once.

WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 8:28pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

SPYGUY wrote:
Reed raced against quite possible the fastest 125 pilot to ever live, James Stewart, in 2002 and then the greatest outdoor motocross rider in history, RC...
Reed raced against quite possible the fastest 125 pilot to ever live, James Stewart, in 2002 and then the greatest outdoor motocross rider in history, RC, in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

...and you give him shit for not winning more races?

Why don't you tell us how many races Andrew Short has won.
Short has won more 250 nationals than Reed won 125 nationals and he's won the same number of 450 motos that Reed has won.
WhKnuckle
6/8/2009 8:37pm
jmar wrote:

WhKnuckle wrote:
I didn't have a meltdown after A1 - you're confusing me with someone else. And I never had anything against Reed until he mouthed off about...

race wrote:
Holy fuck, do you ever shut up about Reed? Any post about Reed is GUARANTEED to have you whining about him in it. Give it a...
Holy fuck, do you ever shut up about Reed?

Any post about Reed is GUARANTEED to have you whining about him in it. Give it a rest and layoff the haterade for once.

Do YOU ever shut up about Reed? That goes both ways, pal.

Let me tell you something - I've had a rod in my left femur for 33 years and my leg looks like a road map from all the surgeries they did to put that leg back together. It was 2 years before I could walk after that. I have arthritis in my left ankle and I have to run every day to keep it under control. I have a collarbone and three ribs that stick out. I started racing on a AT2MX in 1970 and I've raced Yamahas, Rickmans, Hondas, Husqvarnas, Maicos and KTMs. In short, I have every right in the world to cheer for whoever I want. So go fuck yourself.
88sdad
6/8/2009 8:47pm
Theres a big difference between cheering for your favorite and putting down his opponents.
race
6/8/2009 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:18am

"WhKnuckle wrote: Do YOU ever shut up about Reed? That goes both ways, pal.

Let me tell you something - I've had a rod in my left femur for 33 years and my leg looks like a road map from all the surgeries they did to put that leg back together. It was 2 years before I could walk after that. I have arthritis in my left ankle and I have to run every day to keep it under control. I have a collarbone and three ribs that stick out. I started racing on a AT2MX in 1970 and I've raced Yamahas, Rickmans, Hondas, Husqvarnas, Maicos and KTMs. In short, I have every right in the world to cheer for whoever I want. So go fuck yourself."

Both ways?

If I ever start constantly posting 5 page essays on how much I hate some rider then you have my full permission to tell me to STFU. But you're the only one doing it. So quit acting like such a child.

We get it already. You hate Reed .... and his cousins .... and his dog ....

Another meltdown? There's a shocker.

Post a reply to: 450 Outdoor Champ out

The Latest