Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:11pm
I'll never buy one and they suck ass.
|
2T42
10/16/2009 4:34pm
Here goes again!

+1. I agree and will do the same!
10/16/2009 4:44pm
Sitting here, eating my popcorn. (not really)
Funny to say the least, 2 stroke posts have taken over Vital. LOL

I'll try to stay away, because even the teams are using my name on emails. I got an email from someone today, that got an email about me. It was from a previous team owner. I've been listed in the crazy level. Stepping away from the keyboard. But as you will see, I'm not the only one posting. Maybe the most spoken, but not the only one.
10/16/2009 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2009 5:35pm
I am 50/50 on the 2-4 subject. I like them both, and can race both and do good. The valves and the head stuff on the 4 strokes kinda sucks, and then the 2 strokes its mainly the vibrations that kinda suck, yes I had rubber mounted bars, The worst thing i ever did to my 03 rm 250 was put a wiseco piston in it. It was a standard bore, rings were gapped and installed properly and I did the 3 heat cycles to the break in, The bike really shook, I lost bolts, fenders just shook idling, had the bike 2.5 years, I shoulda took the piston out and threw it and put a oem one in. I still have tons of mint parts for it. I would like to find a 07 or newer kawi w/ a aluminum frame with a 250 smoker in it. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a smoker again, I am faster on a 4 stroke though. Just my thoughts and what ive seen.
MX7MX
10/16/2009 5:43pm
and whats funny about all these 4 stroke vs 2 stroke threads is that no matter how much bitchin, no matter how much whining, no matter how much wanting, no matter how much desperation, no matter how much pissing and moaning, no matter how much nostalgia loving, and no matter how much you WANT the 2 stroke back. ITS OVER!!!!! ITS DONE, and finally come to terms with it, THERE IS ZERO that you can do about it. If that pisses you off then you ride till you can't ride anymore on your precious beloved 2 strokes. Nobody is stopping you! But the 2 strokes are done, you know it and I know it, now accept it!

The Shop

Torco1
10/16/2009 5:57pm
MX7MX wrote:
and whats funny about all these 4 stroke vs 2 stroke threads is that no matter how much bitchin, no matter how much whining, no matter...
and whats funny about all these 4 stroke vs 2 stroke threads is that no matter how much bitchin, no matter how much whining, no matter how much wanting, no matter how much desperation, no matter how much pissing and moaning, no matter how much nostalgia loving, and no matter how much you WANT the 2 stroke back. ITS OVER!!!!! ITS DONE, and finally come to terms with it, THERE IS ZERO that you can do about it. If that pisses you off then you ride till you can't ride anymore on your precious beloved 2 strokes. Nobody is stopping you! But the 2 strokes are done, you know it and I know it, now accept it!
Sooooo, just so I'm 100% clear on where you stand, your saying that you like 4-strokes better than 2-strokes and that 2-strokes are on their way out?? Just making sure cause that message sounds like it could go either way on your stance in this situation.
loftyair
10/16/2009 6:02pm
MX7MX wrote:
and whats funny about all these 4 stroke vs 2 stroke threads is that no matter how much bitchin, no matter how much whining, no matter...
You must be making a good living off the poor folk who bought one of those over-priced, overweight, way too many moving parts pieces of ship. That and you must of never ridden a 2t. You might be right, I hope to God not, that the manufacturers could stop making them someday, but they will also stop making the 4t too. I'd get yourself a 2t so you know how incredible they are. They really are a more logical 'race' motor.

Check this out, 1 bike wins it all. Yeah Baby!

(so and so) doubled up at the third round of the CMC Cactus State MX Series, presented by The Pit Enterprises, Amsoil and Dishman Motorsports at Arizona Cycle Park. (so and so)took the overall victories in the 250 and 450 classes. What made it more impressive was that his choice of powerplant was a 250cc Honda two-stroke.
10/16/2009 6:08pm
MX7MX wrote:
loftyair wrote:
You must be making a good living off the poor folk who bought one of those over-priced, overweight, way too many moving parts pieces of ship...
You must be making a good living off the poor folk who bought one of those over-priced, overweight, way too many moving parts pieces of ship. That and you must of never ridden a 2t. You might be right, I hope to God not, that the manufacturers could stop making them someday, but they will also stop making the 4t too. I'd get yourself a 2t so you know how incredible they are. They really are a more logical 'race' motor.

(so and so) doubled up at the third round of the CMC Cactus State MX Series, presented by The Pit Enterprises, Amsoil and Dishman Motorsports at Arizona Cycle Park. (so and so)took the overall victories in the 250 and 450 classes. What made it more impressive was that his choice of powerplant was a 250cc Honda two-stroke.
I would like to hear your logic on how a 2T is a "more logical race motor".
Void Main
10/16/2009 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2009 6:19pm
MX7MX wrote:
loftyair wrote:
You must be making a good living off the poor folk who bought one of those over-priced, overweight, way too many moving parts pieces of ship...

YZ250 (2-Troke) = 47HP
YZ250F (4-Troke) = 34HP
loftyair
10/16/2009 6:21pm
MX7MX wrote:
loftyair wrote:

Sure, I will build you a motor that has less moving parts, is less expensive, weighs less, and makes more power, and is smaller. Cant think of any thing better than that. Who would say no to that? That's what they try to do every year one way or another. 'Less weight, more power, less moving parts(which translates to more reliable), costs less, more compact(weight centralization, the latest buzz word)'. Now that's from a 'racers' view, I know all the arguments, and how the oem makes more off the expensive piles, that though is the business view.
newmann
10/16/2009 7:21pm
If I took a 2010 YZ450 and put on some sweet ass billett triple clamps, some badass billet hubs, HD stainless spokes, racing heavy duty inner tubes and heavy duty chain , do you guys think I could get her up to 275 lbs? That would be my goal. Or would it require more trick parts? Maybe a skidplate and some billet engine guards, frame guards and caliper and disc guards. Maybe some bigger radiators that will hold an extra half gallon of coolant. Could I plumb in a oil cooler? Or add one of those second shock reservoirs like that fast guy has? Sub tanks too? I figure the more mass I centralize, the better it should handle, right?If I could get this thing closer to 300 lbs. it should stick like glue in the corners. I sure love how technology has us headed in the right direction, these 4 strokes have me "superpumped". Can't believe we used to ride those 200 lb. 2 strokes , what were we thinking?
10/16/2009 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2009 7:24pm
loftyair wrote:

loftyair wrote:
Sure, I will build you a motor that has less moving parts, is less expensive, weighs less, and makes more power, and is smaller. Cant think...
Sure, I will build you a motor that has less moving parts, is less expensive, weighs less, and makes more power, and is smaller. Cant think of any thing better than that. Who would say no to that? That's what they try to do every year one way or another. 'Less weight, more power, less moving parts(which translates to more reliable), costs less, more compact(weight centralization, the latest buzz word)'. Now that's from a 'racers' view, I know all the arguments, and how the oem makes more off the expensive piles, that though is the business view.
Harder to ride, short rpm curve, wheel spin, etc... There are pros and cons with everything. Take the blinders off and try to open your mind a little bit.
loftyair
10/16/2009 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:47am
loftyair wrote:
Sure, I will build you a motor that has less moving parts, is less expensive, weighs less, and makes more power, and is smaller. Cant think...
Harder to ride, short rpm curve, wheel spin, etc... There are pros and cons with everything. Take the blinders off and try to open your mind...
Harder to ride, short rpm curve, wheel spin, etc... There are pros and cons with everything. Take the blinders off and try to open your mind a little bit.
Not really harder to ride. Could you imagine the 2t if oem's had put all that r&d into them instead of the 4t. A 350cc 2t with the right engine is easy to ride. Do you remember those kdx200's? What about the 'best off-road bike ever made', that goes to the ktm300. So take those binders off and try to open your mind a LOT! I have both, the 4 is the lazy mans machine for sure, unless you have to ride more than 1/2 hour, or put it on a stand. 'Harder to ride, short rpm curve, wheel spin', James sure struggled with that when he absolutely demolished those fat, slow, overweight, fart-sounding pigs. Like I said, I do like them and have them, but they are a 'big step back for mankind' when it comes to a 'race' motor. You should try one, I bet you'd like it, if you can admit, you'd save alot and have more fun!
10/16/2009 8:08pm
First off I love the 2 smokers, I currently have 2 CR250s, but the fact is they're going away and not coming back. I see people blaming the OEMs but the OEMs are selling four strokes because thats what the consumer wants. Everyone wanted the shiny new toy and jumped on the fourstroke bandwagon.
2stroke153
10/17/2009 5:05am
zer0signal wrote:
First off I love the 2 smokers, I currently have 2 CR250s, but the fact is they're going away and not coming back. I see people...
First off I love the 2 smokers, I currently have 2 CR250s, but the fact is they're going away and not coming back. I see people blaming the OEMs but the OEMs are selling four strokes because thats what the consumer wants. Everyone wanted the shiny new toy and jumped on the fourstroke bandwagon.
That table is turning though and the OEM's have either quit producing all together, or are only producing a small number of the 2 stroke bikes that many would buy right now!!
WhKnuckle
10/17/2009 5:25am
zer0signal wrote:
First off I love the 2 smokers, I currently have 2 CR250s, but the fact is they're going away and not coming back. I see people...
But the consumer wants them because most riders are young guys, and young guys want to ride the same bike they see winning SXs and Nationals - and as long as the factories fix the rules to eliminate two strokes in those races, people will buy four strokes. It's circular logic - the consumer wants what they see on TV, so you put all four strokes on TV and that's what the consumer demands.

I've seriously considered a four stroke over my CR500AF simply because I'm 54 years old and I just don't have the energy to ride a 500 any more. But that's the only reason. As a racing engine, a four stroke is inferior in most respects to a two stroke (traction and broad powerband being the exceptions).

The only real beef I have is cost - the indomitable problem in our sport is the cost of competition. $8,000 four stroke that everyone throws a $1000 pipe on before they ever start it eliminates so many families from participation. And those less well-financed familiies tend to not want to buy used four strokes because of the potential for expensive grenade action.
10/17/2009 8:32am
Sitting here, eating my popcorn. (not really) Funny to say the least, 2 stroke posts have taken over Vital. LOL I'll try to stay away, because...
Sitting here, eating my popcorn. (not really)
Funny to say the least, 2 stroke posts have taken over Vital. LOL

I'll try to stay away, because even the teams are using my name on emails. I got an email from someone today, that got an email about me. It was from a previous team owner. I've been listed in the crazy level. Stepping away from the keyboard. But as you will see, I'm not the only one posting. Maybe the most spoken, but not the only one.
and you sold MY CR125M!! Sad
2T42
10/17/2009 12:30pm
You never heard buzz words such as "mass (weight) centralization" when 2 strokes ruled because they didn’t have any 'extra' weight to mass centralize! lol. Usually sales pitches and buzz words become a necessity when the product being sold is NOT widely known or obviously/logically the best. It does not require "marketing" to see that a 2010 YZ450F weighs 7 pounds MORE than the 09 YZ450F!?

I don’t need marketing to tell me why it doesnt matter that the 2010 450F weighs 37 pounds more than a 250SX! Even IF all the Extra 'centralized weight' was in the skid plate I would not take $2k as a bribe to add 37 pounds to my bike! I assure you the extra tonnage is NOT that low on the new pigs. They tell us that the 450's feel like a 250 2 stroke. So just let me buy my 2 stroke for a grand less! Imagine how light my 2 stroke would feel if it had mass centralization. Would it feel like it weighed 168 pounds because I will still take THAT as my option!

The new breed of 4 Strokes weigh 1/8th of a TON! Have fun truckin around the track guys!

I think this sums it up for all the patsies, click linky!

http://twostrokemotocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Manifesto_Two_…
Cygnus
10/17/2009 12:38pm
loftyair wrote:
Not really harder to ride. Could you imagine the 2t if oem's had put all that r&d into them instead of the 4t. A 350cc 2t...
Not really harder to ride. Could you imagine the 2t if oem's had put all that r&d into them instead of the 4t. A 350cc 2t with the right engine is easy to ride. Do you remember those kdx200's? What about the 'best off-road bike ever made', that goes to the ktm300. So take those binders off and try to open your mind a LOT! I have both, the 4 is the lazy mans machine for sure, unless you have to ride more than 1/2 hour, or put it on a stand. 'Harder to ride, short rpm curve, wheel spin', James sure struggled with that when he absolutely demolished those fat, slow, overweight, fart-sounding pigs. Like I said, I do like them and have them, but they are a 'big step back for mankind' when it comes to a 'race' motor. You should try one, I bet you'd like it, if you can admit, you'd save alot and have more fun!
KTM 300! HAR DEE HAR HAR!!!

What a turd.
roguemx
10/17/2009 1:34pm
MX7MX wrote:
Did a 2 stroke bully you all through-out your child hood, steal your lunch money, take your girl? Why all the animosity
mosslander
10/17/2009 2:05pm
The peaple want's two strokes and four strokes but the factorys want four strokes ?
Overdrive
10/17/2009 2:25pm
I am tired of hearing people say the 2 stroke is dead and won't come back. This is simply not true, nothing will bring back the two stroke faster than a weak economy and slow sales of 4 strokes due to high purchase price and high maintenance costs.

Majority of people ride bikes for fun and you can have just as much fun on a cheaper 2 stroke. Pull your heads out of your arse.

cc to cc........... next..........
Cygnus
10/17/2009 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:48am
Overdrive wrote:
I am tired of hearing people say the 2 stroke is dead and won't come back. This is simply not true, nothing will bring back the...
I am tired of hearing people say the 2 stroke is dead and won't come back. This is simply not true, nothing will bring back the two stroke faster than a weak economy and slow sales of 4 strokes due to high purchase price and high maintenance costs.

Majority of people ride bikes for fun and you can have just as much fun on a cheaper 2 stroke. Pull your heads out of your arse.

Maybe the Chinese will buy up the old tooling and start making them.

Otherwise, good luck with that.
JW381
10/17/2009 2:32pm
MX7MX wrote:
roguemx wrote:
Did a 2 stroke bully you all through-out your child hood, steal your lunch money, take your girl? Why all the animosity
I think MX7MX came home from school one day to find his mom in bed with a 2-stroke while daddy was away at work...

I guess she saw the light.
Overdrive
10/17/2009 4:10pm
Overdrive wrote:
I am tired of hearing people say the 2 stroke is dead and won't come back. This is simply not true, nothing will bring back the...

Cygnus wrote:
Maybe the Chinese will buy up the old tooling and start making them.

Otherwise, good luck with that.
Its quite possible. Either way if sales slow something will change, people will still want to ride. People will either not buy a new bikes or they will buy bikes that are cheaper. The market will dictate what happens in the future, not the manufacturer.
10/17/2009 4:18pm
loftyair wrote:
Harder to ride, short rpm curve, wheel spin, etc... There are pros and cons with everything. Take the blinders off and try to open your mind...
loftyair wrote:
Not really harder to ride. Could you imagine the 2t if oem's had put all that r&d into them instead of the 4t. A 350cc 2t...
You lose. I have both also, more 2T's in the garage right now than 4T's. My full house beats your straight. My blinders are off and I know the pro's and con's of each one but I am not delusional about either and I don't post exaggerated numbers for top end rebuilds to make one look worse. Between clutches, piston kits, gasket kits, pre mix, etc the 2T's have cost me more than my 4T's. Did you really bring a KDX200 into a race motor topic? That is laughable at best. Of course some of the 2T's are easy to ride. We are talking MX bikes here not trail bikes.

You made my argument for me and didn't even know it. "the 4 is the lazy mans machine for sure" Translation: They are easier to ride, thus the 2T is harder to ride. Why is it harder to ride? Because of the shorter RPM curve. What happens with a short RPM curve? Wheel spin. You keeping up? BTW at the track today, out of 40+ bikes there were 4 2T's and I had 2 of them and the other 2 were minis.
41NDT
10/17/2009 4:24pm
2 strokes are so yesterday even MotoGP are iradicating them GET OVER IT, IT'S OVER Not even the Chinese are making 2-stroke rip-offs worth selling. I"ve pumped more money into maintaining my 2-strokes than any of my 4-strokes

Kinetic1
10/17/2009 4:33pm
Hey Poker_Olayer? WHich bike do you have more FUN riding? Just curious.
wreckitrandy
10/17/2009 4:42pm
How do you guys that spend more on two stroke repairs mix your oil?
10/17/2009 4:46pm
Kinetic1 wrote:
Hey Poker_Olayer? WHich bike do you have more FUN riding? Just curious.
More fun means less work to me. Call me lazy. They both are fun but to be able to roll on the throttle out of a corner and clear a double is fun. To fly into a corner and ring the shit out of a 2T to clear the same double is fun.

Post a reply to: 4 Strokes

The Latest