3rd round Open Dutch Championship , Deep Sand :)

Jefro98
3/22/2012 11:11am
steedmills wrote:
True. I have been on road trips all over the US and Europe and pretty sure you did too. You have to admit: you can't compare the intensity of driving from Nijmegen to Amsterdam during a week day to a 400mile drive though Utah, Ohio, Maine or Texas.
yota
3/22/2012 11:22am
I love sand. my natural element.
3/22/2012 11:24am
we've ridde at lierop, lommel and valkenswaard and been to gp's at all of them too!!! last time we were riding at lommel (september) jeffrey was...
we've ridde at lierop, lommel and valkenswaard and been to gp's at all of them too!!! last time we were riding at lommel (september) jeffrey was there- he looked like he was riding a different track to me!! haha
I prefer lierop to lommel, think its much more fun to ride- the gp has better atmosphere there too i think, lommel is a very strange place with it being in the middle of an industrial estate!!!

He was pretty impressive at the valkenswaard gp last year too!! I was a bit gutted when we went to the leirop gp in 2010 that jeffrey was injured. Never seen him ride there before.

I think i'd prefer the des nations to be at lierop (rather than lommel) but i suppose its only fair to go to lommel with lierop having already held a (fairly) recent des nations!!!

Im hoping to get to the lierop gp and the lommel des nations this year, i'd like to go to valkenswaard too but wont be able to do all 3 and we went to valkenswaard last year! Hoping to come over for a weeks riding around june time, and then again in september (the week before the nations)
Jefro98 wrote:
That sounds like fun trips you guys did. I never rode Lommel or Lierop but here in Holland we have many similar tracks I did ride...
That sounds like fun trips you guys did.
I never rode Lommel or Lierop but here in Holland we have many similar tracks I did ride and race so I know the feeling.
When you get tired, it becomes extremely difficult to keep your lines.

I raced the Heerde track alot (at my slow amateur speed) and it is mind blowing to see how fast Herlings and his fellow GP riders go around your local track. Woohoo
yeh we love it in holland!!! we normally stay near bladel, and ride most of the tracks in that area near the border (eersel, reusel, hondaparc, lommel, lierop, valkenswaard etc) - it always amazes me how many tracks you have over there in such a small area!!!

We once went to eersel when de reuver, cairoli, roelants, leok, eggens and a few others were there - its a bit of a wake up call riding with those guys on a deep sand track! they fly past you like you're not even there!!! lol

i normally go around march/ april time and later in the year but we went to spain this year instead (a couple of weeks ago) - the weather was better than holland but the tracks nowhere near as good!!! looking forward to the gp/ des nations later in the year, should be good!"

heerde looks really good- whereabouts in holland is it? (in relation to bladel)

The Shop

Barrett57
3/22/2012 11:30am
yeh we love it in holland!!! we normally stay near bladel, and ride most of the tracks in that area near the border (eersel, reusel, hondaparc...
yeh we love it in holland!!! we normally stay near bladel, and ride most of the tracks in that area near the border (eersel, reusel, hondaparc, lommel, lierop, valkenswaard etc) - it always amazes me how many tracks you have over there in such a small area!!!

We once went to eersel when de reuver, cairoli, roelants, leok, eggens and a few others were there - its a bit of a wake up call riding with those guys on a deep sand track! they fly past you like you're not even there!!! lol

i normally go around march/ april time and later in the year but we went to spain this year instead (a couple of weeks ago) - the weather was better than holland but the tracks nowhere near as good!!! looking forward to the gp/ des nations later in the year, should be good!"

Laughing I know how you feel. We rode eersel in 2009 and Everts and the rest of the factory KTM team turned up. Was an eye opener to say the least!
ayearinmx
3/22/2012 11:32am
Jefro98 wrote:
True. I have been on road trips all over the US and Europe and pretty sure you did too. You have to admit: you can't compare...
True. I have been on road trips all over the US and Europe and pretty sure you did too. You have to admit: you can't compare the intensity of driving from Nijmegen to Amsterdam during a week day to a 400mile drive though Utah, Ohio, Maine or Texas.
yea, cause driving through Texas is amazing Blink

Heerde is a couple of hours north of Valkenswaard... I watched Herlings eventually beat Max Anstie there in 2008 on 85s (although Max was faster before he blew up his carburettor).... fun track
Titan1
3/22/2012 11:37am
Sand is my absolute achilles heal....I've never been good at it. I think its because I have rather weak balance, and in sand it magnifies that weakness and I can't overcompensate for it...sand just eats me alive! (The hare scramble I did this past weekend was in the sand...worst race ever for me! Literally, I've never finished so poorly in all the years I've been racing....a girl beat me! Granted, she's the top girl in the entire state, and is no slouch, but still...that's how bad I suck at riding in the sand.)

So to see guys ride sand like that is absolutely mind boggling to me! And I have no problem admitting that the GP's have the best sand riders in the world!
3/22/2012 11:45am
Jefro98 wrote:
True. I have been on road trips all over the US and Europe and pretty sure you did too. You have to admit: you can't compare...
ayearinmx wrote:
yea, cause driving through Texas is amazing :blink: Heerde is a couple of hours north of Valkenswaard... I watched Herlings eventually beat Max Anstie there in...

Heerde is a couple of hours north of Valkenswaard... I watched Herlings eventually beat Max Anstie there in 2008 on 85s (although Max was faster before he blew up his carburettor).... fun track
I never understood how Herlings progressed so much seeing as Anstie used to have him covered 90% of the time, now look at the two
3/22/2012 11:54am
Jefro98 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
yea, cause driving through Texas is amazing :blink: Heerde is a couple of hours north of Valkenswaard... I watched Herlings eventually beat Max Anstie there in...

Sneaker421 wrote:
I never understood how Herlings progressed so much seeing as Anstie used to have him covered 90% of the time, now look at the two
charlier used to beat herlings to in the euro champs.

Alessi used to beat villipoto
Titan1
3/22/2012 11:54am
Jefro98 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:

Sneaker421 wrote:
Sounds like Alessi/Villopoto?
teggers
3/22/2012 11:58am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 11:59am
There's some quality stuff in this thread. Thanks steedmills - Jeffro
Jefro98
3/22/2012 12:32pm
yeh we love it in holland!!! we normally stay near bladel, and ride most of the tracks in that area near the border (eersel, reusel, hondaparc...

Heerde is more up north. It's in the Apeldoorn area.
There's some pretty gnarly sand tracks there also. There is Nunspeet, which is white sand like Eersel.
Harfsen and St.Isodorushoeve are much like Heerde.
You won't bump into much GP riders in that area tho, they all stay down south.

Have a look here for track in the Netherlands.
Just zoom in.

[url]http://www.mxbrothers.com/mx-tracks.php[/url]
Sunhouse
3/22/2012 1:23pm
Anyone notice the first turn pile up, how the guy gets his hand and shoulder ran over, yet he gets upShocked
3/22/2012 1:25pm

Jefro98 wrote:
Heerde is more up north. It's in the Apeldoorn area. There's some pretty gnarly sand tracks there also. There is Nunspeet, which is white sand like...
Heerde is more up north. It's in the Apeldoorn area.
There's some pretty gnarly sand tracks there also. There is Nunspeet, which is white sand like Eersel.
Harfsen and St.Isodorushoeve are much like Heerde.
You won't bump into much GP riders in that area tho, they all stay down south.

Have a look here for track in the Netherlands.
Just zoom in.

[url]http://www.mxbrothers.com/mx-tracks.php[/url]
Nunspeet is so scary track. There is trees every where. Heerde is full of nice sand berms and its pretty fast. With 125 you can go pinned the whole track. For me Nunspeet is the toughest track what I know.

https://youtu.be/QgyTf9GBA5g
mccread
3/22/2012 3:14pm
Herlings just makes me laugh at how fast he is in sand. It's not even humanly possible lol

Post a reply to: 3rd round Open Dutch Championship , Deep Sand :)

The Latest