377 to fill in for Bowers?

motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
Edited Date/Time 4/17/2015 5:13am
On the RacerX Houston Review Show they said that was is the rumor in pits at Houston. I wonder what kind of shape he is in?
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
4/14/2015 5:43am
I hope so, that would be very cool.

I think he has kept himself in good enough shape to be ready, but that's just a guess.
ehr400
4/14/2015 5:56am
God, how many times are we going to re-visit this well?
jndmx
4/14/2015 5:57am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2015 5:57am
ehr400 wrote:
I'm just waiting for the "Let J-Law fill in" thread....lol.
4/14/2015 5:57am
Would be cool to see. The fact that Kawasaki seems to be the only brand he can ride to his potential, and Mitch seemingly the only team manager in the US that knows how to deal with him, means it could be a good summer for 377 if he has adequate preparation time.

The Shop

DC
4/14/2015 5:59am
He rode that Yamaha pretty good at Unadilla last year... I think this would be a great move for Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki, because they are definitely lacking results so far in 2015 and Pourcel and the return of AC50 would be quite a turnaround for the summer.

DC
MX Sports
brett12486
4/14/2015 6:06am
ehr400 wrote:
Why do you even open the thread if you can clearly see in the title what it is going to be about?
4/14/2015 6:29am
really hope this is true!! pourcel, tonus, musquin, AC, webb, martin for 250f outdoors sounds like a good year for the fans

I certainly wouldn't bet against cp377 winning Unadilla if he does have a ride for the outdoors.
4/14/2015 6:30am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2015 6:33am
DC wrote:
He rode that Yamaha pretty good at Unadilla last year... I think this would be a great move for Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki, because they are...
He rode that Yamaha pretty good at Unadilla last year... I think this would be a great move for Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki, because they are definitely lacking results so far in 2015 and Pourcel and the return of AC50 would be quite a turnaround for the summer.

DC
MX Sports
not forgetting arnaud tonus!i can see a good summer for mitch if this rumour is true!
pete24
4/14/2015 6:30am
ehr400 wrote:
jndmx wrote:
im waiting for the "let Jake fill in" thread by you Donny Cakes
DC
4/14/2015 7:00am
My bad, did not meant to leave Tonus out! He just needs a healthy line-up and every man but Savatgy has been down. With Bowers now out, Pourcel makes a whole bunch of sense, and Adam and Arnaud will be title contenders if they are healthy.

DC
MX Sports
4/15/2015 2:08am
DC wrote:
My bad, did not meant to leave Tonus out! He just needs a healthy line-up and every man but Savatgy has been down. With Bowers now...
My bad, did not meant to leave Tonus out! He just needs a healthy line-up and every man but Savatgy has been down. With Bowers now out, Pourcel makes a whole bunch of sense, and Adam and Arnaud will be title contenders if they are healthy.

DC
MX Sports
tonus/musquin/pourcel all great technicians on the bike! potentially the smoothest podium ever?!!

really hope the rumour is true this time, it will be a better series with Christophe out there
oshow
4/15/2015 8:19pm
I would love for this to happen, but it doesn't sound like it's going to.
mxtryon231
4/15/2015 10:44pm
Saw Pourcel in Houston watching the race and he looked like he was pretty interested in the racing. If he's in shape to last 30 + 2 this summer will be even better. 250 class is going to be nuts.
FIREfish148
4/16/2015 4:26am
I just hope the kid is ready for the opportunity. Saw him pace w/ Musquin in the first moto at shoug only to completely fall off in the second moto. Never found out what the deal was with that but I assumed it was his conditioning? Dry
ehr400
4/16/2015 4:40am
ehr400 wrote:
brett12486 wrote:
Why do you even open the thread if you can clearly see in the title what it is going to be about?
To see what window lickers like you post.
4/16/2015 4:44am
I just hope the kid is ready for the opportunity. Saw him pace w/ Musquin in the first moto at shoug only to completely fall off...
I just hope the kid is ready for the opportunity. Saw him pace w/ Musquin in the first moto at shoug only to completely fall off in the second moto. Never found out what the deal was with that but I assumed it was his conditioning? Dry
he looked ok at Unadilla....

pourcel wasn't a big fan of the Yamaha - yet still won races on it, and was consistently top 3- 5 all summer last year. Imagine what he could do on his favourite bike (pro circuit 250f kwak)

its a no brainer if bowers was already set to race outdoors, the team will have already budgeted for it. Who better to fill in than someone that has won lots of races on that bike before?

hope it is true, another front runner in the series makes it better for the fans- be a great series with cp377,tonus, musquin, webb, AC, martin!
Crush
4/16/2015 5:22am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2015 5:27am
I just hope the kid is ready for the opportunity. Saw him pace w/ Musquin in the first moto at shoug only to completely fall off...
he looked ok at Unadilla.... pourcel wasn't a big fan of the Yamaha - yet still won races on it, and was consistently top 3- 5...

pourcel wasn't a big fan of the Yamaha - yet still won races on it, and was consistently top 3- 5 all summer last year. Imagine what he could do on his favourite bike (pro circuit 250f kwak)

its a no brainer if bowers was already set to race outdoors, the team will have already budgeted for it. Who better to fill in than someone that has won lots of races on that bike before?

hope it is true, another front runner in the series makes it better for the fans- be a great series with cp377,tonus, musquin, webb, AC, martin!
Bike won't stop him fading late in the motos tho...

Needs to train his ass off, buy a kawi, send it to PC and turn up for the first few SX/MX races like Hanny....

I know he says he needs to be paid, but he's past the point of getting paid on legend and reputation. He holeshot a huge amount of motos last year and it wasn't great really. Not with all those starts.
IWreckALot
4/16/2015 5:31am
he looked ok at Unadilla.... pourcel wasn't a big fan of the Yamaha - yet still won races on it, and was consistently top 3- 5...

I still think conditioning is an issue for him. He hasn't been racing and whether the bike was on par or not last season, his performance dropped in moto 2 consistently on the same bike when nobody else seemed to fade as much. I like watching him ride. It's crazy to see how smooth he makes the roughest tracks look.

It would be great to add another rider who can at least compete with the top 5 but I don't think he's got a championship left in him.
4/16/2015 6:44am

IWreckALot wrote:
I still think conditioning is an issue for him. He hasn't been racing and whether the bike was on par or not last season, his performance...
I still think conditioning is an issue for him. He hasn't been racing and whether the bike was on par or not last season, his performance dropped in moto 2 consistently on the same bike when nobody else seemed to fade as much. I like watching him ride. It's crazy to see how smooth he makes the roughest tracks look.

It would be great to add another rider who can at least compete with the top 5 but I don't think he's got a championship left in him.
possibly not got a championship left in him - but got to be the best option to fill in for bowers?! who else could they get to possibly win motos and be battling with the top 5 all summer long? nobody I can think of!!

love to watch the guy ride, like you say he can make even the most difficult tracks look completely effortless
IWreckALot
4/16/2015 7:41am

IWreckALot wrote:
I still think conditioning is an issue for him. He hasn't been racing and whether the bike was on par or not last season, his performance...

possibly not got a championship left in him - but got to be the best option to fill in for bowers?! who else could they get...
possibly not got a championship left in him - but got to be the best option to fill in for bowers?! who else could they get to possibly win motos and be battling with the top 5 all summer long? nobody I can think of!!

love to watch the guy ride, like you say he can make even the most difficult tracks look completely effortless
Absolutely a good point. If the championship contenders are all tied up, might as well go for the guy who gets a lot of attention and can finish up in the top 5 routinely.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/16/2015 7:53am
With Tonus and AC, they don't need another championship contender, they just need another bike out there to contend for top 5s and podiums, and to keep the Yamahas and Hondas off of the podium. I don't think Pourcel will be on pace with the top tier guys like Webb, Martin, AC, Tonus and Musquin, but he's fast enough to push the Husky, Honda, and Yamaha rookies down a spot.

So as long as Pourcel is willing to ride for a traditional bonus-based program that Mitch likes to use, I see this as a win-win for CP and PC.

And here's another thing, what if they put him on the 450? I have no idea how Hahn will do outdoors, and I hope he does really well, but if Davi continues to struggle, CP could be one of their best bets to give Kawi more of a presence in the class.
Sully22
4/16/2015 8:28am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2015 8:29am
would LOVE to see this! but only CP knows who he'll ride for (team and bike), and what he'll ride for (money). mitch and PC kawi makes the most sense with all things considered. seems like a few rides, actually more than a few, have come open this year and it doesn't seem like people are knocking on the CP door, or he's not willing to ride a particular brand for X amount, others have said he wants to do MX only, I don't claim to know but I would enjoy watching that silky smooth style tear it up in the outdoors this year.

it's sad a guy like CP can't get a ride while a few guys in the industry, not mentioning any names, get rides over and over with some fairly lackluster results and guys that have been bitten by a big case of the injury bug. He basically came off the couch and won a race last year on a bike he didn't feel comfortable on. yeah, yeah, i know....CP is hard to work with, he's french, he's an ass, he rode a bike he didn't like and then gave the team back all his salary, nobody likes him, he kicks puppies and then eats them for breakfast, blah, blah, blah....he's horrible and he's french, did i mention he's french, freedom fries bitches, 'Merica, USA, USA!, bro down yo! Oh, and I heard he eats crepes NOT pancakes, kinda like this guy....

[/embed]
bigborefan
4/16/2015 8:54am
When Pourcel is on, there's not a better rider on the planet. He's a maestro.
peelout
4/16/2015 8:59am
ehr400 wrote:
jndmx wrote:
looks like someone already took the liberty to start that thread
Olson
4/16/2015 9:02am
Not a fan of these threads. Sure, I want the guy back. But I have lost counts on these comeback threads. Let me know when the deal is done. But I do find it strange he suddenly started to show up to every race or has he gotten worse at hiding. Can't remember he ever attended any racing in the past. Something is fishy. And the mandatory. Where's Gator at?
hvaughn88
4/16/2015 9:04am
Sully, not gonna quote your post since it has the video in it. But come one dude, you really think being French is the reason he doesn't have a ride? I doubt anyone gives a damn he's French. Musquin seems to be getting along just fine.
Olson
4/16/2015 9:08am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Sully, not gonna quote your post since it has the video in it. But come one dude, you really think being French is the reason he...
Sully, not gonna quote your post since it has the video in it. But come one dude, you really think being French is the reason he doesn't have a ride? I doubt anyone gives a damn he's French. Musquin seems to be getting along just fine.
True. Even Kenny Watson, the biggest European hater out there works with a German.

Post a reply to: 377 to fill in for Bowers?

The Latest