davistld01
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 9:17am
Pourcel was on point in moto one. Little by little, it looks like Christolphe is coming into his own on the big Husky! Good on him and the Rockstar Husqvarna team!
|
nytsmaC
6/27/2015 2:38pm
Yup. He and Marvin both showed some nice unique style while navigating the roller section.. Made the bikes look like their bitches.
struth
6/27/2015 2:50pm
Will he get the overall today?
newmann
6/27/2015 3:14pm
Always enjoyed watching that JMB'esque riding style of his. Smooth stuff, makes it look easy.
davistld01
6/27/2015 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2015 3:36pm
struth wrote:
Not unless Ryan Dungey stays in his RV for the second moto. Laughing

I'm not watching the race, but I can believe that the crappy conditions play into his and Musquins hands. They are both very fast on technical tracks that require throttle control and balance.

The Shop

rpoint116
6/27/2015 4:03pm
Great ride! Hope he can keep on the podium for the rest of the season.
Sully22
6/27/2015 6:03pm
So awesome to see CP377 on the box, most wrote him off even for top 5's this year, especially after Tennessee. What i love to see and hear is even when he hauls the mail and does really well in practice or the race, there's always a caveat....he's sneaky, or roczen saw him cut the track, or he lucked his way around this guy or that guy or the first turn, or whatever demeaning comments they need to make. Last i checked, you don't sneak, or luck your way onto the 450 podium....not in 2015, and not in both wet and dry conditions. Give this guy some credit where credit is due...and please come up with some new material.

He continues to prove the doubters wrong and silence the haters and critics....all because he's rumored to be difficult and he didn't want to ride a Yamaha for motoconcepts and he gave them his salary back. Gee, look what that team has turned into. Really like to see Husqvarna and Bobby Hewitt take a chance on CP when others had written him off or hired guys that he's now beating or they aren't even racing for whatever reason, but they sure bro down really well with the right people.....
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
6/27/2015 6:04pm
Sully22 wrote:
So awesome to see CP377 on the box, most wrote him off even for top 5's this year, especially after Tennessee. What i love to see...
So awesome to see CP377 on the box, most wrote him off even for top 5's this year, especially after Tennessee. What i love to see and hear is even when he hauls the mail and does really well in practice or the race, there's always a caveat....he's sneaky, or roczen saw him cut the track, or he lucked his way around this guy or that guy or the first turn, or whatever demeaning comments they need to make. Last i checked, you don't sneak, or luck your way onto the 450 podium....not in 2015, and not in both wet and dry conditions. Give this guy some credit where credit is due...and please come up with some new material.

He continues to prove the doubters wrong and silence the haters and critics....all because he's rumored to be difficult and he didn't want to ride a Yamaha for motoconcepts and he gave them his salary back. Gee, look what that team has turned into. Really like to see Husqvarna and Bobby Hewitt take a chance on CP when others had written him off or hired guys that he's now beating or they aren't even racing for whatever reason, but they sure bro down really well with the right people.....
100% agree
jamma10
6/27/2015 6:10pm
100% agree
Agreed, very well said.

It's great to see Pourcel looking more and more like his old self again. I was worried he was just going to disappear into obscurity.
6/27/2015 6:33pm
struth wrote:
No Sir, the scriptures indicate that won't happen until August 8, 2015 at Unadilla.
machine
6/27/2015 8:25pm
I was really pleasantry surprised how many props he was giving his team. Glad he's showing appreciation.
Jack mehoff
6/27/2015 8:57pm
Sully22 wrote:
So awesome to see CP377 on the box, most wrote him off even for top 5's this year, especially after Tennessee. What i love to see...

You have to give him credit he looked like he was going to drop ancor in bolth Motos but cam on strong at the end , he road really well today
ocscottie
6/28/2015 12:49am
This killer shot came w/ the Husky PR: (check it full size)

*pretty sure its a Cudby

kongols
6/28/2015 1:17am
ocscottie wrote:
This killer shot came w/ the Husky PR: (check it full size) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/28/95981/s1200_Pourcel.jpg[/img] *pretty sure its a Cudby

*pretty sure its a Cudby

He even manages to give finger to Gator.Woohoo
WeiserGuy
6/28/2015 4:50am
I've said it before and I'll say it again, watching him ride is pure poetry in motion. Imagine the damage he could do fully prepared considering he's riding himself into shape with minimal amount of preseason bike prep, and podiuming. Personally been a fan for a long time and think it's a shame how scarce his rides have been recently considering his resume. After his PC days I can't fathom why his agent and a factory team could never find a common ground.

I've heard all the stories about how hard he is to deal with (I personally I have no idea) so I will say this. If he can't instill his trust in Bobby Hewitt and then he's going to have a hard time riding for anybody. I pray it works out for the long haul.
joeellis
6/28/2015 6:37am
Would be nice to see how good Pourcel would be if his body allowed him to get in even better shape. His last two races have been more like his capabilities. It's actually good to see guys like him and Barcia figuring things out. The interest is greater when there are more guys in contention imo.

I thought he did a great job in the first moto maintaining his position with some descent pressure on him. I was there yesterday and the track didn't look so bad for the first two motos, the riders may disagree with this, I don't know, but looked to be in good shape to me considering the amount of rain. The 3rd moto things started getting worse. It rained pretty much the entire time. The final moto, well, that had to be tough. It rained extremely hard for a considerable time.
davistld01
6/28/2015 8:33am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 8:34am
Pourcel is progressing. He's on a new team, with a new bike...and has had less time in & on both than pretty much any other rider on the line that I can think of off hand. For him to ride at the level he is even now is testament to his talent & ability. I don't see a win any time soon...but he I believe he'll finish on podium more times than off for the remainder of the series.

My 2-cents.
wfo4ever
6/28/2015 11:39am
Pourcel is so smooth he looks like he is going slow while he is actually hauling ass. I enjoy watching him ride, he reminds me of JMB. The first time I saw JMB ride was at the Gatorback Outdoor National in 1989 in Florida I was amazed at how smooth JMB rode. Glad to see Pourcel is doing so well. Plus the daughter of a very good friend of mine is Pourcel's girlfriend. She comes from a very good family and her Dad loves motocross, he is a very good rider and has been riding for years and still does.
TeamGreen
6/28/2015 11:46am
I'm looking forward to seeing him on the same team for SX...
kongols
6/28/2015 12:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Good.
downard254
6/28/2015 1:55pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yep, me too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't I hear that this years factory Huskys are last years KTM FE's. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to him being on the updated bike next year for SX. Hopefully we'll get to see his full potential.
HenryA
6/28/2015 2:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
downard254 wrote:
Yep, me too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't I hear that this years factory Huskys are last years KTM FE's. If that's...
Yep, me too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't I hear that this years factory Huskys are last years KTM FE's. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to him being on the updated bike next year for SX. Hopefully we'll get to see his full potential.
Yep. And we all know how good that bike is indoors.
downard254
6/28/2015 2:13pm
HenryA wrote:
Yep. And we all know how good that bike is indoors.
Seems to do fairly decent outdoors too.Smile
6/29/2015 3:15am
I just don't get why this same old discussion is taking place every day in multiple threads....

Just moving teams can have a dramatic effect.... let alone moving series, countries, tracks, cultures, being surrounded by different people. It would be miraculous for everything to fall into place for a rider straight away.........It makes it impossible to grade which series is better etc etc.............. Maybe the stars did align for RV and he was riding the best he could....... more likely is that he had plenty left under the hood for when the pieces fell into place........... is Febvre the Van Horebeek of 15? Has Ken improved stateside or is the as good as he always was and was going to be?

The two series are both great in their own rights & are stacked with quality riders................ the one thing we should all know by now though is that a transitioning guy shouldn't be expected to be anything more than on the box at first.....

6/29/2015 3:28am
On topic.

CP 377, a happy, relaxed version is always dangerous, lmfao at the muppets who said he'd be a top 8 guy at best. It'd be great to see him get a number one overall this year.

And back in SX, yes he won't light it up JS7 style but he's so buttery so you know he will be taking wins and regular podiums
6/29/2015 3:30am
damn the fans are more butthurt as Rv himself ... i hope he is racing again very soon ....we can go on and talk about the races

Pourcel : i didnt think he would make it this year , he surprised me very much with the last performances and its good to see he still has got that competetive edge
Sully22
6/29/2015 7:49am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 7:51am
Anyone catch weigandts comments regarding what CP said during his podium interview right after moto 1?

Weigandt.....hmmmmm interesting, he finishes second, best moto of the year, but now he's already saying I made too many mistakes to catch Dungy for the win. starting to move the expectations forward.

I thought this was pretty lame commentary, and more of the same BS from the media toward CP, because Christophe never talked about beating Dungey, winning the race, catching Dungey, or anything remotely close to that. CP recapped his race, said he made a lot of mistakes, and that top 5's were good. And that's the point as well, CP is saying top 5 are good, that what he's shooting for, and weigandt saying he's spouting off some crap about catching dungey for the win...I don't get it. maybe he heard him wrong, or something, but i found it a bit odd....watch the video link below, it's a better way to hear what and how it was said, versus typed words.

CP (talking with Georgia on the podium after moto 1)..the goal today is to get good starts I think the bike is good to be upfront. I think I was riding a little tight this moto. I made a couple mistakes, I came off the track a few times and Justin almost passed me a few times. I had to push to get a little bit of a gap again but Justin was riding really good behind me and Ryan was a little too fast this time I think I made way too many mistakes so in the second Moto I'll try to get a good start and just you know keep pushing and you know try to be in the top five, as long as I'm in the top five it's a good Moto.

It's 42:20 through 43:20
http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/budds-creek-2015/video/2015-budds-…
machine
6/29/2015 8:44am
ocscottie wrote:
This killer shot came w/ the Husky PR: (check it full size) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/28/95981/s1200_Pourcel.jpg[/img] *pretty sure its a Cudby

*pretty sure its a Cudby

kongols wrote:
He even manages to give finger to Gator.Woohoo
ok that was pretty funny...Grinning
jeffro503
6/29/2015 8:49am
You guys are right , sorry. Didn't mean to try and turn this into a dumb Nationals vs GP thing. Also , the heats gotten to me up here and I was pissed and irritated , so I gotta say I'm sorry to Goride2 as well for going off on him. He's a huge CP fan and there is nothing wrong with that.

Carry on dudes.

Post a reply to: 377

The Latest