moto589
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 2:25pm
Nothing more than a gut feeling, but something tells me we may be seeing Pourcel in the 2013 Nats. Anyone know anything?
|
downard254
3/1/2013 5:42pm
I thought he was injured pretty badly at a European SX and retired.
DonM
3/1/2013 5:45pm
Doubt it...his self worth is to much...
3/1/2013 5:48pm
He's running a moto school out of his place in Florida as far as I know. There are a few pictures of him riding it on his facebook page I believe.
burnside
3/1/2013 6:03pm
Sad watching the way his career has gone. He was damn fun to watch in the 250 class Stateside, putting it to Dunge & Canard. I lost patience rooting for CP last season though..

The Shop

ocscottie
3/1/2013 6:14pm
I fully hear what you are sayin Burn. He was/is poetry in motion to watch on a dirtbike! Would love to see him in the outdoors on a good ride, adding 1 more to the already stacked 450 field!

...but im not holding my breath.
3/1/2013 6:20pm
He would have a better shot if some of the top riders got injured...But nobody wants that.
ocscottie
3/1/2013 6:21pm
He's running a moto school out of his place in Florida as far as I know. There are a few pictures of him riding it on...
He's running a moto school out of his place in Florida as far as I know. There are a few pictures of him riding it on his facebook page I believe.
Link to his FB page?
jeffro503
3/1/2013 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 7:18pm
OK....I gotta say this. It's been bugging me for the past two years!

When CP got on that Yamaha at the beginning of the nationals.....he was flat out hauling the mail on that damn thing until something happened to the rear shock. ( at least that is what he said it was)

Point is......at that very moment.....I think that's when his career ended here in the states. Bad shit happened between him and the team....and we lost him over here.

"What could of happened"......if we would of saw him on a Kawasaki?

I feel ( as a fan )........we got fucking robbed!

Wait!......before you go out and start slamming the guy ( if that's your plan )......anybody could see that CP had major talent....he just needed to be on a bike he felt comfortable on.

I dunno.......I think the guy was capable of so much more than we got to see here. A career that got cut short way to early I think.
Switch
3/1/2013 7:42pm
In 2 years, he changed from a threat to win on any given weekend and one of the most effortless styles in a while, to the french JLaw.

Hated to see his bad luck in losing those 2 outdoor 250 titles.. insane talent that should have been with the top group right now. Woulda, coulda, shoulda now.. he gave up before he won a national (not regional) championship in the states.
SunComfort
3/1/2013 8:09pm
If some one could get he and Lawrence on a team and get them to focus and ride like they
know how too, that would be an amazing team, and the Story would be unmatched!!!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
3/1/2013 9:15pm
Pour cel has stated that he doesn't want to race anymore seriously. Maybe a race here and there. He said he only wants to ride for fun.
40Plus_922mx
3/1/2013 9:54pm
He gave my kid his goggles in Phoenix after whipping up on RV in the 250's. Then he went back to France. Hasn't been the same since. Woulda loved to see him race to his potential over hear.
mx_563
3/1/2013 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 10:05pm
Very presumptuous of you DV to think that

a) people who have posted in this thread so far speak French

b) people who have posted in this thread so far paid the LeBig membership fee.

Would you mind clarifying things for us? Is the Lebig thing for real? What's he say?

EDIT: Didn't someone report pre-season that RCH only had enough factory parts to field one dude outdoors? Or am I mixing things up?
DrSweden
3/1/2013 11:12pm
No way the guy is coming back, he's so toasted, it's madness to even speculate. If some bonehead would give him the opportunity, CPs hunger for training, racing and winning resembles of an anorectic at McDonalds. I love him, most talented ever, but he's done.
Big
3/2/2013 3:22am
Word on some teams in Europe is that he's to difficult to work with. Too bad. Fantastic riderskills. Maybe all beating and vocal abuse from his father as young rider took it's toll finally?
Jakes Dad
3/2/2013 3:35am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2013 3:37am
Jake rode at his place Wednesday, he has a couple more months before Dr. releases him to train. He does take a couple laps once in awhile to show the kids technique's. His spleen isn't fully healed yet, told him you don't need that thing anyway. Mines gone along with the gall bladder and about six foot of intestine. His eyes got a little bigger at that one!LOL

Super nice guy and has a great girl at his side!!
3/2/2013 3:50am
It looks like info! DV (& RCH) THANKS, you made my day.

I doubt CP will be there for a win in 2013, I hope some podiums, but with patience + RC as mentor (& so AAA training) + when fully confortable + facility + girlfriend + talent + factory equipment, I feel we can have some surprises!
burnside
3/2/2013 4:18am
It looks like info! DV (& RCH) THANKS, you made my day. I doubt CP will be there for a win in 2013, I hope some...
It looks like info! DV (& RCH) THANKS, you made my day.

I doubt CP will be there for a win in 2013, I hope some podiums, but with patience + RC as mentor (& so AAA training) + when fully confortable + facility + girlfriend + talent + factory equipment, I feel we can have some surprises!
i must say RC + CP sounds like an interesting team. Deadly if CP would listen and play ball.
burnside
3/2/2013 4:22am
jeffro503 wrote:
OK....I gotta say this. It's been bugging me for the past two years! When CP got on that Yamaha at the beginning of the nationals.....he was...

When CP got on that Yamaha at the beginning of the nationals.....he was flat out hauling the mail on that damn thing until something happened to the rear shock. ( at least that is what he said it was)

Point is......at that very moment.....I think that's when his career ended here in the states. Bad shit happened between him and the team....and we lost him over here.

Wait!......before you go out and start slamming the guy ( if that's your plan )......anybody could see that CP had major talent....he just needed to be on a bike he felt comfortable on.

I dunno.......I think the guy was capable of so much more than we got to see here. A career that got cut short way to early I think.
My bench racing, stretching, speculating theory is that things unfolded earlier than that. I suspect (and this is a guess) that his defeat to Canard crushed him. It wasn't like the Dunge defeat, can't blame a blown engine and to happen twice in a row must have been heavy. It also blew his SX season that year and must have seriously effected his stock negotiating with a bust shoulder for an Outdoors only deal.... then he went outdoors and we saw what happened there. Never saw the 'crafty Frenchman' intensity and magic in the GPs. He didn't seem to have the fight he showed on PC.

DV - Am I way off? haha.
3/2/2013 5:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
OK....I gotta say this. It's been bugging me for the past two years! When CP got on that Yamaha at the beginning of the nationals.....he was...

burnside wrote:
My bench racing, stretching, speculating theory is that things unfolded earlier than that. I suspect (and this is a guess) that his defeat to Canard crushed...
My bench racing, stretching, speculating theory is that things unfolded earlier than that. I suspect (and this is a guess) that his defeat to Canard crushed him. It wasn't like the Dunge defeat, can't blame a blown engine and to happen twice in a row must have been heavy. It also blew his SX season that year and must have seriously effected his stock negotiating with a bust shoulder for an Outdoors only deal.... then he went outdoors and we saw what happened there. Never saw the 'crafty Frenchman' intensity and magic in the GPs. He didn't seem to have the fight he showed on PC.

DV - Am I way off? haha.
You are right with RC + CP: RC is one of the most capable to mentor CP (with DeCoster & Payton) so I really hope CP will follow everything RC is gonna say, it should put all the pieces of the puzzle together. I also hope RC will understand that CP is from Marseille = big ego = soft mentoring & mutual consideration required otherwise CP is gonna block himself.

About the magic in GP, Cairoli is quite a beast & in the best GP team so to play the title the first year with a new team was almost impossible. I feel he played safe several times on GP tracks that were risky (i.e. Mexico, Russia, etc), he did not ride over his head, and although he injured himself in the UK on a silly crash, to finish 4th in a stacked MX1 GP field is not something to be ashamed of. If he win 2 nationals this year and finish 4th behind Villopoto, Dungey & Stewart it is already a big achievement!
jamma10
3/2/2013 6:37am
I think the critical moment which basically sent his career spiralling was when Kawasaki opted to sign Weimer instead of him.

I'm sure he was banking on that factory ride after the years he spent riding for Kawi and the success he achieved for them.
DonM
3/2/2013 6:44am
jamma10 wrote:
I think the critical moment which basically sent his career spiralling was when Kawasaki opted to sign Weimer instead of him. I'm sure he was banking...
I think the critical moment which basically sent his career spiralling was when Kawasaki opted to sign Weimer instead of him.

I'm sure he was banking on that factory ride after the years he spent riding for Kawi and the success he achieved for them.
Actually his defining moment was when his salary demands were higher than anyone was willing to pay, Kawi did want to sign him but weren't willing to pay what he wanted so they signed Weimer instead. There was a reason that nobody wanted to sign him, we may never know exactly what that was but I find it interesting that both sides of the pond have similar thoughts....
motoplook
3/2/2013 7:29am
mx_563 wrote:
Very presumptuous of you DV to think that a) people who have posted in this thread so far speak French b) people who have posted in...
Very presumptuous of you DV to think that

a) people who have posted in this thread so far speak French

b) people who have posted in this thread so far paid the LeBig membership fee.

Would you mind clarifying things for us? Is the Lebig thing for real? What's he say?

EDIT: Didn't someone report pre-season that RCH only had enough factory parts to field one dude outdoors? Or am I mixing things up?
"presumptuous".... LOL! Hope your butt isn't hurting too bad.

Here you go, there's some English in there.

Post a reply to: 377

The Latest