25 vs 2 what happened?

FI2T
Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 11:42am
Marvin's podium speech.... didn't seem to happy with Webb.
|
ATKpilot99
8/20/2017 10:15am
He said Webb tried to kill him . That's a pretty serious allegation.
FI2T
8/20/2017 10:38am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Right, I'm suprised no one is talking about it. They had bad blood in the 250 class.
Hopefully Webb can find a little more speed. These two battling is a good thing!

The Shop

8/20/2017 10:43am
Marvin is a crybaby and a can't stand when someone treats him like he treats others. Marvin has the widest bike out there (By far) and he squeals like a Frenchmen everytime he feels he should "get by".
H4L
8/20/2017 11:08am
He is whiny on the podium when he doesn't finish in 1st place & comes across as making excuses as to why he didn't win. My advice for him would be to suck it... It's called racing...
SwingHard
8/20/2017 11:38am
H4L wrote:
He is whiny on the podium when he doesn't finish in 1st place & comes across as making excuses as to why he didn't win. My...
He is whiny on the podium when he doesn't finish in 1st place & comes across as making excuses as to why he didn't win. My advice for him would be to suck it... It's called racing...
This just about covers it!
croom mx
8/20/2017 11:53am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
This is MX and you need to man-up because you can get taken out anytime by anyone.
tcallahan707
8/20/2017 11:54am
H4L wrote:
He is whiny on the podium when he doesn't finish in 1st place & comes across as making excuses as to why he didn't win. My...
This place is ridiculous. Complain about boring Dungey speeches yet when a dude actually talks about how his race went honestly, he's making excuses. When you are at his level and don't win, there is usually a reason. Crash, bad start, bike setup, sick, just not your day, etc. The guy who puts it all together on any given day wins and the guy who doesn't can pinpoint exactly why and go to work on it. It's their job to analyze and improve.

Maybe some things don't translate well with his accent, to the point of sounding whiny, but you don't make it to Marvin's level being whiny and making excuses. He simply tells it like it is in more detail than most. It's actually nice to hear a podium speech with a race recap from the racer's perspective. Not only does it beat the canned responses but it also gives me insight to things that the coverage has likely missed.
8/20/2017 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 12:04pm
H4L wrote:
This place is ridiculous. Complain about boring Dungey speeches yet when a dude actually talks about how his race went honestly, he's making excuses. When you...
This place is ridiculous. Complain about boring Dungey speeches yet when a dude actually talks about how his race went honestly, he's making excuses. When you are at his level and don't win, there is usually a reason. Crash, bad start, bike setup, sick, just not your day, etc. The guy who puts it all together on any given day wins and the guy who doesn't can pinpoint exactly why and go to work on it. It's their job to analyze and improve.

Maybe some things don't translate well with his accent, to the point of sounding whiny, but you don't make it to Marvin's level being whiny and making excuses. He simply tells it like it is in more detail than most. It's actually nice to hear a podium speech with a race recap from the racer's perspective. Not only does it beat the canned responses but it also gives me insight to things that the coverage has likely missed.
Go back and listen to J-mart's post race interview! (that was Non-whiney and exactly to the point....AC was better that day) Reed is a guy that will totally point out his "dis-pleasures" with another rider but, Marvin has flaw's and riding extremely wide, blocking and cross jumping are a HUGE part of his game which he needs to clean up or shut-up.
H4L
8/20/2017 12:19pm
This place is ridiculous. Complain about boring Dungey speeches yet when a dude actually talks about how his race went honestly, he's making excuses. When you...

I get what your saying. I'm old school so when I see a guy on the podium practically in tears it doesn't bold well for him. Look at Tomac or Jmart's podium interviews as there is a big contrast on how they convey how the race went. I have much respect for those guys...
You can also go back a few races where he was actually crying after his crash when Tomac caught & passed him. He is a top rider no doubt & just not a fan of how he comes across when things don't go his way.
BobPA
8/20/2017 12:44pm
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor with Webb all year, not sure why he even gives him the time of day.
ferg722
8/20/2017 12:47pm
The words from the Moose after Georgia asked him about lappers being tough because of line choice / track condition and position compared to moto 1,

"No, I felt like I wasn't back in Tomacs position in the second moto, where a guy like Cooper Webb try, just to kill me, like, he's trying everything he can just to, you know like, suicide mode, but you know I try to be safe and get around him and man that was tough."

gt80rider
8/20/2017 12:54pm
The French don't want none
That is what Webb will always be known for.. hopefully he learned a little something after saying that
FI2T
8/20/2017 1:08pm
So nobody saw Webb's attempts to kill Marv?
tcallahan707
8/20/2017 1:17pm
H4L wrote:

Go back and listen to J-mart's post race interview! (that was Non-whiney and exactly to the point....AC was better that day) Reed is a guy that...
Go back and listen to J-mart's post race interview! (that was Non-whiney and exactly to the point....AC was better that day) Reed is a guy that will totally point out his "dis-pleasures" with another rider but, Marvin has flaw's and riding extremely wide, blocking and cross jumping are a HUGE part of his game which he needs to clean up or shut-up.
I do agree that he has had times in the past where he's rode a certain way then went on to call another rider out for riding similarly. I don't see anything wrong with that though. Riding wide and blocking are a part of racing. It's completely ok to ride that way and it's completely ok to be upset when someone else rides that way. I'm going to battle my ass off to keep you behind me. Does that mean I'm going to be happy when you do that to me? No, I'm going to be frustrated because it's frustrating to be faster and not get past a you. It doesn't make either situation wrong.

Cross jumping is a different story.
HenryA
8/20/2017 1:19pm

H4L wrote:
I get what your saying. I'm old school so when I see a guy on the podium practically in tears it doesn't bold well for him...
I get what your saying. I'm old school so when I see a guy on the podium practically in tears it doesn't bold well for him. Look at Tomac or Jmart's podium interviews as there is a big contrast on how they convey how the race went. I have much respect for those guys...
You can also go back a few races where he was actually crying after his crash when Tomac caught & passed him. He is a top rider no doubt & just not a fan of how he comes across when things don't go his way.
Think about how it felt for Marvin, the guy crashes really hard, almost hits a mule and probably lost all his chances of winning the title in a few seconds. Who wouldn't be upset?
tcallahan707
8/20/2017 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 1:30pm

H4L wrote:
I get what your saying. I'm old school so when I see a guy on the podium practically in tears it doesn't bold well for him...
You are more than welcome to not be a fan or respect other riders more. I feel like most races when Marv gets beat, he's just as respectful as the two guys you mentioned. That was my point. I've never gotten the impression that he whines every time he doesn't win. Certainly, there are times when his emotions are high, such as the two instances you've mentioned (understandably), but I feel like every rider has those days. Most aren't highlighted because they typically aren't on the podium ever, let alone after having a rough day. They have time to cool off behind the scenes.

I can understand how being old school can make you not want to see emotions from a grown man, but these guys aren't robots. They are humans with a shitload invested in this racing shit. I just can't stand the complaints about the boring podium speeches then the complaints when guys show emotion.
8/20/2017 1:35pm
He didn't even mention it in the press conference, leads me to believe it wasn't that big of a deal and just his emotions coming out right after the race..
stewie94
8/20/2017 1:38pm
The French don't want none
LaughingLaughing thts goona be a classic 1 for years to come
8/20/2017 1:48pm

He's just being a wimp, as usual.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/20/2017 2:21pm
FI2T wrote:
Doesn't look like it. Wasn't on camera and no one has said anything about seeing it, therefore I say it didn't happen.

In all seriousness though, I don't think that's going to settle with Coop very well. Given the opportunity, I see Webb going "suicide mode" on Marv next weekend
walent215
8/20/2017 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 7:54pm
Marvin is a crybaby and a can't stand when someone treats him like he treats others. Marvin has the widest bike out there (By far) and...
Marvin is a crybaby and a can't stand when someone treats him like he treats others. Marvin has the widest bike out there (By far) and he squeals like a Frenchmen everytime he feels he should "get by".
he rides wild when anyone gets close to him...Brayton is the example of a wide bike. Musquin/ Anderson ride very similar when being passed/ challenged.
8/20/2017 3:09pm
BobPA wrote:
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor...
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor with Webb all year, not sure why he even gives him the time of day.
I've heard it from guys who share a gate with him.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/20/2017 3:15pm
BobPA wrote:
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor...
I've heard it from guys who share a gate with him.
Yes but he was not tryin to kill them while crossing sx triples.
H4L
8/20/2017 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 3:22pm
HenryA wrote:
Think about how it felt for Marvin, the guy crashes really hard, almost hits a mule and probably lost all his chances of winning the title...
Think about how it felt for Marvin, the guy crashes really hard, almost hits a mule and probably lost all his chances of winning the title in a few seconds. Who wouldn't be upset?
Not much to think about. When Tomac or JMart didn't win titles even though they were close these last couple of yrs I didn't see them crying about it. It shows a persons character on how they conduct themselves when the chips are down & the odds are stacked against you.
There are far more important things in life to really get upset about to bring someone to tears. Winning races would not be high on the list.
Sodipop
8/20/2017 3:30pm
I have never noticed Marvin being a whiner or excuse maker. Not once

What are you people even talking about
gerg
8/20/2017 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 3:45pm
FI2T wrote:
Was back at the pits post race.
Webb produced a knife and lunged at Marvin and Decoster had to intervene...apparently yelling out "It's just a dirt bike race" or something.

Scary times indeed.

Post a reply to: 25 vs 2 what happened?

The Latest