24-0

mauidex
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 10:41am
what an unbelievable statement by the GOAT, twice!!!, and especially James based on his style of riding............. from what we've just seen, putting 24 perfect motos together may never happen ever again...............this weekend just "stamped it" how great that accomplishment wasCool
|
jj welks
6/1/2015 5:51pm
It may never happen again... Until next year when somebody wins the first 3 motos of the year...
MotoMalyDad
6/1/2015 5:59pm
I believe it will happen again , maybe 20 years from now.
zehn
6/1/2015 6:00pm
jj welks wrote:
It may never happen again... Until next year when somebody wins the first 3 motos of the year...
Remember what people were saying after Freestone in 2012?

The Shop

Jammer1
6/1/2015 6:14pm
24-0 is certainly impressive, but the guys these days are going much faster IMO.

The field is much, much deeper from top to bottom now as well, especially the top 20.
Dissident
6/1/2015 6:17pm
eh, i think we'll see it again

the thing today is you dont need to win everything as an amateur to make it and be "that guy"

that era ended with Alessi/RV ..who after him has gone on to having a ton of success?
6/1/2015 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 6:31pm
Jammer1 wrote:
24-0 is certainly impressive, but the guys these days are going much faster IMO. The field is much, much deeper from top to bottom now as...
24-0 is certainly impressive, but the guys these days are going much faster IMO.

The field is much, much deeper from top to bottom now as well, especially the top 20.
Couldn't disagree more. Been to many mx races and these are not going faster than RC did. Then You throw in the couple bubba rc years and that was a whole new level.
Jammer1
6/1/2015 6:35pm
The bikes are easier to ride and go fast on. It seems like the 2 strokes were going faster, because of the sound.

I loved it. I still do love it.

It is still amazing to go to an amateur national and watch the young kids rip on supermini's and 125s.

The problem is, that the all the studs don't ride the 125 class anymore.

I can assure you they are going faster.
turbotime
6/1/2015 6:37pm
Motocross racing is regressing. Less people are riding. The competition level is declining if anything.

Stewart is no longer in his prime and still won nationals/supercross races over the last 2 years.

Prime Stewart/Carmichael would still eat this field.
dirtnapper
6/1/2015 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 7:27pm
Stewy went 24 / 0 against Timmy Ferry and Andrew Short. Jus saying.........

If Dungey only had, say, Westin Peick and Davi Milsaaps to deal with, I think we'd see him go 24 / 0 pretty convincingly.
turbotime
6/1/2015 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 7:35pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Stewy went 24 / 0 against Timmy Ferry and Andrew Short. Jus saying......... If Dungey only had, say, Westin Peick and Davi Milsaaps to deal with...

If Dungey only had, say, Westin Peick and Davi Milsaaps to deal with, I think we'd see him go 24 / 0 pretty convincingly.
^--- Dungey only had Alessi to deal with and still couldn't pull it off.

Stewart was schooling Alessi, in better form and with a better bike, when he went 24-0.
6/1/2015 8:20pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Stewy went 24 / 0 against Timmy Ferry and Andrew Short. Jus saying......... If Dungey only had, say, Westin Peick and Davi Milsaaps to deal with...

Here we go again. Stewart had to deal with Tim Ferry, the guy that was second to RC in 2002, and Short who was 3rd in points in 2007 and was a proven top 3 guy before. Who did RC have in 2002, Tortelli, who had I think 3 moto wins the year before, the last one at Unadilla.

It doesn't matter who he had to race, Reed had Short, Ferry and Milsaps as well and he couldn't make it happen in 2009. Everyone always brings up the "He only had Ferry to race," like the dude is a slouch.
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/1/2015 8:27pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Here we go again. Stewart had to deal with Tim Ferry, the guy that was second to RC in 2002, and Short who was 3rd in...
Here we go again. Stewart had to deal with Tim Ferry, the guy that was second to RC in 2002, and Short who was 3rd in points in 2007 and was a proven top 3 guy before. Who did RC have in 2002, Tortelli, who had I think 3 moto wins the year before, the last one at Unadilla.

It doesn't matter who he had to race, Reed had Short, Ferry and Milsaps as well and he couldn't make it happen in 2009. Everyone always brings up the "He only had Ferry to race," like the dude is a slouch.
Sebastian Tortelli had a World Motocross 125 and 250 Championship to his name when RC went undefeated against him.
6/1/2015 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 8:39pm
early wrote:
Sebastian Tortelli had a World Motocross 125 and 250 Championship to his name when RC went undefeated against him.
Ok, RV is a 2x 450 champ when he went to Europe, along with a 4-0 record at MXDN, one off race I know, just an added statistic. Championships here don't mean great success over there or vise-versa.
6/1/2015 8:55pm
What's the biggest obstacle for a rider NOT going 24-0?

The competition?

or

The rider making a mistake?
6/1/2015 8:57pm
Who cares the competition wasn't there when RC did it. Everyone was in deep depression Bruce Jenner mode after he steam rolled them.
malachi177
6/1/2015 9:42pm
turbotime wrote:
^--- Dungey only had Alessi to deal with and still couldn't pull it off. Stewart was schooling Alessi, in better form and with a better bike...

Stewart was schooling Alessi, in better form and with a better bike, when he went 24-0.
You're making no sensePinch Dungey 100% couldn't pull it off......JS won the first two rounds before crashing out.Whistling
6/2/2015 12:11am
I dont think any rider other than villo can be put in the same class as RC and JS.
RY4N37
6/2/2015 3:53am
I don't think it will be done again. The level is too high now. It's too difficult to come through the pack all the way to the front, if you crash in the first turn its near impossible to come through and win no matter who you are. I think even RC in his prime would struggle to do it now
joeellis
6/2/2015 4:28am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 4:29am
I dont think any rider other than villo can be put in the same class as RC and JS.
I tend to agree, but I think there are guys out there at this moment who possibly have the potential to be as dominent as RV. There are 3 guys currently that I feel are in this group if everything aligns for them. Tomac, Roczen and Herlings. Problem is, they will be competing against each other and as we already have seen, when riders are on that edge, debilitating injuries can occur. It has even happened to RV at times. Time will certainly tell.

Most of the time, but not always, each generation evolves slightly and becomes better than past generations. I believe the thing that is really separating this generation as a whole is the fact that everyone is in such good physical condition. Not just 2 or 3 riders, but all of them. If you're not in prime physical condition now, there is no need to bother trying. Physical conditioning, medical advancement and equipment are practically exceeding human ability. What was a career ending injury 30 years ago can now be a short time on the sidelines and in some cases, with proper medical attention and rehabilitation, the athlete may be stronger when they return.

Lastly, I don't think there is a doubt that 4 strokes have made a huge difference. I just don't believe that a young athlete now will not be faster on a 4 stroke typically than a 2 stroke. Soon, because most of the R&D is going into 4 strokes, there will not even be a weight handicap. 450 - 4 strokes are already almost too fast for the average athlete imo.
dirtnapper
6/2/2015 7:09am
turbotime wrote:
^--- Dungey only had Alessi to deal with and still couldn't pull it off. Stewart was schooling Alessi, in better form and with a better bike...

malachi177 wrote:
You're making no sensePinch Dungey 100% couldn't pull it off......JS won the first two rounds before crashing out.Whistling
Laughing

I thought the same but thought I'd keep quiet.....haha
newmann
6/2/2015 8:16am
One year when RC went 24/0 one of the magazine ads tallied up all the laps led for the whole season. There were just a handful of laps he didn't lead for the entire 24 motos. Of those, Doug Henry at one single race led more laps over RC then the entire rest of the field for the entire season. RC was a freak of nature and Henry was just a stud.

BroFoSho
6/2/2015 8:36am
If you give Tomac wins for the races he doesn't win, I bet he can go 24-0
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/2/2015 9:18am
The craziest thing about RC, even more to me than the 24-0, is that he didn't miss a gate for every top level championship he started, and he won every top level series he gated at other than the six round retirement tour in 07. Especially crazy given his riding style. That to me is why even truly awesome riders like RV and Stew pale in comparison when you start ranking greats.
Hut
6/2/2015 9:45am
The craziest thing about RC, even more to me than the 24-0, is that he didn't miss a gate for every top level championship he started...
The craziest thing about RC, even more to me than the 24-0, is that he didn't miss a gate for every top level championship he started, and he won every top level series he gated at other than the six round retirement tour in 07. Especially crazy given his riding style. That to me is why even truly awesome riders like RV and Stew pale in comparison when you start ranking greats.
This sounds weird but for some reason as time goes by RC doesn't seem as amazing as he was. With "normal" champions it is the opposite, and they seem to get larger than life in time. Some of the stuff RC pulled off was just unbelievable. The GOAT!
BroFoSho
6/2/2015 9:55am
The craziest thing about RC, even more to me than the 24-0, is that he didn't miss a gate for every top level championship he started...
Didn't he get owned by McGrath is rookie year in SX?
6/2/2015 10:06am
BroFoSho wrote:
Didn't he get owned by McGrath is rookie year in SX?
Yes McGrath beat him in 1999 and 2000 and Windham beat him in 1997. Some people don't check simple facts before posting.
Hut
6/2/2015 10:18am
Yes McGrath beat him in 1999 and 2000 and Windham beat him in 1997. Some people don't check simple facts before posting.
10 consecutive Pro Outdoor National Titles including 2 perfect seasons 'nuff said
6/2/2015 10:34am
Hut wrote:
10 consecutive Pro Outdoor National Titles including 2 perfect seasons 'nuff said
Yep no argument there. Just pointing out he didn't win every championship he lined up for, as inferred earlier.
Hut
6/2/2015 10:41am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 10:41am
Hut wrote:
Yep no argument there. Just pointing out he didn't win every championship he lined up for, as inferred earlier.
He won every outdoor championship other than his retirement party (9 out of 12 Moto wins). Cool

Post a reply to: 24-0

The Latest