2018 Model Year Dirtbikes

Jrewing
5/4/2017 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2017 4:19pm
Suzuki is the first manufacturer to give up developing four strokes and go back to two strokes... Praise be Suzuki
kiwifan
5/4/2017 4:26pm
kiwifan wrote:
Rubbish
mulletman wrote:
I wish I could help you argue with these guys, but I always back down when I find out someone either has a butt dyno or...
I wish I could help you argue with these guys, but I always back down when I find out someone either has a butt dyno or a dyno with 3-D graphs. These guys have both. Sorry, bro.
yeah...my comment was a bit harsh as he is partly true ....
kott0n
Fantasy
3779th
5/4/2017 4:45pm
I still don't get why you fold up the tooling for these bikes and just stop. Two strokes put them on the map and they just walked away?

Why wouldn't you AT LEAST do what Yamaha did and keep making the same bike? The R&D is done. The marketing is done. You have the machines to build them. Just put it in the show rooms. They even put the price near the 4 strokes, they still sell them.
kiwifan
5/4/2017 6:02pm
kott0n wrote:
I still don't get why you fold up the tooling for these bikes and just stop. Two strokes put them on the map and they just...
I still don't get why you fold up the tooling for these bikes and just stop. Two strokes put them on the map and they just walked away?

Why wouldn't you AT LEAST do what Yamaha did and keep making the same bike? The R&D is done. The marketing is done. You have the machines to build them. Just put it in the show rooms. They even put the price near the 4 strokes, they still sell them.
its called economics, clearly the other manufacturers at this stage do not think its worth it.....

The Shop

Jakko11
5/19/2017 10:06pm

I'll just leave this here. Looking forward to seeing some better pics.
drt410
6/28/2017 10:54pm
I guess they were at the peak rpms they could produce with the single cam so had to go two. Then supposedly the twin pipes will free up more hp on top of that without having to do anything engine wise.
Fearo
6/29/2017 3:38am
What's up with the new trend of releasing (info on) one new model at a time, like Honda and Suzuki are doing? It looks incredibly amateuristic.

I get the idea of teasing a new bike and the added publicity, but when the time comes, announce a damn date and release your entire line-up.
6/29/2017 4:29am
Fearo wrote:
What's up with the new trend of releasing (info on) one new model at a time, like Honda and Suzuki are doing? It looks incredibly amateuristic...
What's up with the new trend of releasing (info on) one new model at a time, like Honda and Suzuki are doing? It looks incredibly amateuristic.

I get the idea of teasing a new bike and the added publicity, but when the time comes, announce a damn date and release your entire line-up.
I am speculating here, I would imagine they are still locking down exact specs, graphic design, or who knows what else.

Post a reply to: 2018 Model Year Dirtbikes

The Latest