2017 Pro Circuit

yurcho44
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 4:14am
Who do they have for 2017 and are there any rumors with certain riders. I know they were interested in Ferrandis but he signed w/ Star Yamaha.
AC- rumored to be leaving
Savatgy- staying
Bowers- heard he's staying
Tonus- I'm guessing he's gone. Injury prone
Alldredge- gone?
Forkner- PC's future.
|
Sully
5/10/2016 11:34pm
Hopefully they give Audette a shot. He put in some impressive rides with very little time on the bike, it'd be cool to see what he can do given a bit more time.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/11/2016 12:25am
yurcho44 wrote:
Who do they have for 2017 and are there any rumors with certain riders. I know they were interested in Ferrandis but he signed w/ Star...
Who do they have for 2017 and are there any rumors with certain riders. I know they were interested in Ferrandis but he signed w/ Star Yamaha.
AC- rumored to be leaving
Savatgy- staying
Bowers- heard he's staying
Tonus- I'm guessing he's gone. Injury prone
Alldredge- gone?
Forkner- PC's future.
Sounds like Tonus is heading back overseas.
JackLHyde
5/11/2016 12:53am
Should be a good 2017 for Mitch with Savatgy and AC. I can see them clean house and win all three championships.

The Shop

JackLHyde
5/11/2016 1:20am
EnvyMedia wrote:
They should give Soubeyras a ride for sx
Not gonna happen with that much upcoming talent at Team Green. Soubeyras is good, but I doubt Mitch sees the potential for a permanent ride.
RG1
5/11/2016 1:49am
ML512 wrote:
Sounds like Tonus is heading back overseas.
I just hope Tonus can have a good outdoors and show that he is good enough to do it over there. He's had a torrid time over there with injury and illness
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
5/11/2016 2:22am
Aussie lad Hunter Lawrence will have to be on the Radar, maybe not until 2018 after a year in MX2. Hopefully Smile
Motofinne
5/11/2016 2:31am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Aussie lad Hunter Lawrence will have to be on the Radar, maybe not until 2018 after a year in MX2. Hopefully Smile
True, but maybe not on a Kawasaki/PC since they have been missing out on a lot of top riders these last couple of years(Marvin, Ferrandis, Anderson(?), Davalos).

But it will be really interesting to see Lawrence in MX2 next season!
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/11/2016 2:33am
aaryn #234 wrote:
be cool to see Hunter get a great ride in the states, cool family,
Crush
5/11/2016 4:12am
Why is AC rumoured to be leaving? He still has 2 years doesn't he?
Motofinne
5/11/2016 4:17am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2016 4:18am
Crush wrote:
The deal with PC is ending in 2016. He got the 5 year deal in 2011, time flies by.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/11/2016 4:24am
Tonus depends completely of his outdoor season. If he continues like he did (being sick, injured and lining up far from 100%) we will see him in mxgp next year.
I'm still hoping he comes out firing at hangtown.
JackLHyde
5/11/2016 4:43am
crusty_xx wrote:
Tonus depends completely of his outdoor season. If he continues like he did (being sick, injured and lining up far from 100%) we will see him...
Tonus depends completely of his outdoor season. If he continues like he did (being sick, injured and lining up far from 100%) we will see him in mxgp next year.
I think that ship has sailed. I still think though he has a better chance of finding a spot on a US 250 satellite team than on a MXGP team.
5/11/2016 5:03am
crusty_xx wrote:
Tonus depends completely of his outdoor season. If he continues like he did (being sick, injured and lining up far from 100%) we will see him...
JackLHyde wrote:
I think that ship has sailed. I still think though he has a better chance of finding a spot on a US 250 satellite team than...
I think that ship has sailed. I still think though he has a better chance of finding a spot on a US 250 satellite team than on a MXGP team.
Ya just going through some results. 2011 was the last season where Tonus rode a full season. After that he had a couple good motos but no season without a couple (or alot) 0-0 scores. in 2014 he had a lot of good results but again 0-0 scores towards the end of the championship.
5/11/2016 5:10am
Crush wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
The deal with PC is ending in 2016. He got the 5 year deal in 2011, time flies by.
I am pretty sure Mitch/Kawasaki didn't come this far to let him go now.

I'd guess it's not another 5 year deal but I'd be really surprised if they didn't sign him for another couple years at least. It's not like the kid has sucked, it's just a question of whether the shoulders are really fixed now.
Motofinne
5/11/2016 5:16am
Crush wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
I am pretty sure Mitch/Kawasaki didn't come this far to let him go now. I'd guess it's not another 5 year deal but I'd be really...

I'd guess it's not another 5 year deal but I'd be really surprised if they didn't sign him for another couple years at least. It's not like the kid has sucked, it's just a question of whether the shoulders are really fixed now.
True, but i think a lot will come down to money. Who pays him the most.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/11/2016 5:36am
How long is Bower's contract for? I know he's been injured, but had a pretty underwhelming showing this year.
jmx411
5/11/2016 5:39am
Until AC proves he can stay healthy why would you give him a contract. If I was PC I guess I can see one more year, but I would make the contract small guaranteed money and large bonuses on results.
MXD
5/11/2016 6:18am
EnvyMedia wrote:
They should give Soubeyras a ride for sx
Isn't he the guy who was going to race a YZ250 2 stroke a few years ago in SX built by DV's dad?
davistld01
5/11/2016 6:19am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2016 6:20am
I heard AC's gonna sign with Blink 182 as tour manager.
hvaughn88
5/11/2016 6:24am
jmx411 wrote:
Until AC proves he can stay healthy why would you give him a contract. If I was PC I guess I can see one more year...
Until AC proves he can stay healthy why would you give him a contract. If I was PC I guess I can see one more year, but I would make the contract small guaranteed money and large bonuses on results.
Huge following, great in front of the camera, excellent in interviews, well-spoken, incredibly talented, and not to mention how dominant he's been in supercross when he has raced.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/11/2016 6:26am
jmx411 wrote:
Until AC proves he can stay healthy why would you give him a contract. If I was PC I guess I can see one more year...
Thought I read that that's how all PC contracts are and the reason they've been losing top talent to other teams?
KTMShane699
5/11/2016 6:32am
I am pretty sure Mitch/Kawasaki didn't come this far to let him go now. I'd guess it's not another 5 year deal but I'd be really...

I like AC, but if I were a team manager I'd certainly consider letting him go. How much time do you give a guy to put a season together? I think he's probably sat out more races than he's completed in that time frame.

The kid hasn't sucked when he's been at the races. The downside is that his time at the races hasn't been consistent. Injury after injury. He reminds me a lot of Robbie Reynard with the shoulder that ultimately caused him to never live up to his potential.

I hope I'm wrong since I do feel that AC is good for the sport. Unfortunately, at the level these guys are at results matter and he hasn't been even competing. If they renew him, I'm guessing it's a one year deal with small salary and bigger performance bonuses. That model actually wouldn't be a bad way all around to incentivize the riders a bit more to perform.

5/11/2016 5:11pm

I like AC, but if I were a team manager I'd certainly consider letting him go. How much time do you give a guy to put...
I like AC, but if I were a team manager I'd certainly consider letting him go. How much time do you give a guy to put a season together? I think he's probably sat out more races than he's completed in that time frame.

The kid hasn't sucked when he's been at the races. The downside is that his time at the races hasn't been consistent. Injury after injury. He reminds me a lot of Robbie Reynard with the shoulder that ultimately caused him to never live up to his potential.

I hope I'm wrong since I do feel that AC is good for the sport. Unfortunately, at the level these guys are at results matter and he hasn't been even competing. If they renew him, I'm guessing it's a one year deal with small salary and bigger performance bonuses. That model actually wouldn't be a bad way all around to incentivize the riders a bit more to perform.

Yeah, I hear you.

I think the answer to your question of "how much time?" has to be at least one more year. They have invested so much already, he is clearly very talented, and as hvaughnn88 points out, he has a ton of fans and brings positive attention to your team and sponsors.

If the genetic problems with shoulders thing is true (and I think it is), and, if they fixed it, then that cost him a lot of time. Throw a wrist and Epstein Barr in there and here we are.

I know what you guys are saying but PC hasn't exactly had the rider line up right in quite a while. I would definitely give the kid a few more years myself but would definitely restructure the contract as you suggest.
5/11/2016 6:20pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
Put in the same fastest lap time as Herlings in Germany 1:49
5/11/2016 6:23pm
Motofinne wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
True, but i think a lot will come down to money. Who pays him the most.
This sport is based on results and based on this PC hasn't come far with AC at all.
I'm sure AC is hot property in the bidding wars and I'd definitely give him a 2 yr contract the kid is still young and he won't of lost any speed
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
5/11/2016 6:25pm
AC is going to be the man next year, especially with webb and martin moving up. Been a few years of bad luck, its bound to turn around and his true potential is going to show. Big mistake if mitch lets AC leave.
5/11/2016 8:09pm
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
AC is going to be the man next year, especially with webb and martin moving up. Been a few years of bad luck, its bound to...
AC is going to be the man next year, especially with webb and martin moving up. Been a few years of bad luck, its bound to turn around and his true potential is going to show. Big mistake if mitch lets AC leave.
That's my feeling too.
Motofinne
5/11/2016 11:51pm
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
AC is going to be the man next year, especially with webb and martin moving up. Been a few years of bad luck, its bound to...
That's my feeling too.
Well i think everyone should expect that. Anything else would be a huge surprise in my opinion.

Post a reply to: 2017 Pro Circuit

The Latest