2016 KX450 Anybody got one?

malachi177
7/30/2015 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 9:26pm
Faster starting and less spent energy hitting the magic button. Like RD stalling the bike entering the whoops...he rolled down the first one and was back going. If he had to kick it, he would've had to stop, "breathe", find neutral, "breathe",find TDC, "breathe", kick, "breathe".....Anyone who thinks otherwise is being stubborn.
mx836
7/30/2015 9:08pm
Adam43 wrote:
Not promising, it sounds like they neutered the power in the 2016 quite a bit. If I wanted mellow I'd buy a Honda. Kawis engine has...
Not promising, it sounds like they neutered the power in the 2016 quite a bit. If I wanted mellow I'd buy a Honda. Kawis engine has been phenomenal.
Only thing I've seen about it was posted here. Someone said TWMX reported that it fell off on top, but they were using the most mellow EFI coupler. What have you heard?
7/30/2015 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 9:14pm
malachi177 wrote:
Faster starting and less spent energy hitting the magic button. Like RD stalling the bike entering the whoops...he rolled down the first one and was back...
Faster starting and less spent energy hitting the magic button. Like RD stalling the bike entering the whoops...he rolled down the first one and was back going. If he had to kick it, he would've had to stop, "breathe", find neutral, "breathe",find TDC, "breathe", kick, "breathe".....Anyone who thinks otherwise is being stubborn.
I'd suggest if he had to stop the bike he had forward moving motion. I'd then suggest he could have bump started the bike and not stopped at all.
Which would be quicker, but because, in his mind, he knew that button was there, he lost time. Bummer!

Again. E-legs on MX bikes = Pussies on wheels.

7/30/2015 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 9:32pm
IMO. He cheated. Look up the definition of cheating.

I've stalled on more muddy hills than you've seen. Taking the weight of the bike when that happens is the real killa. Less chance of stalling a lighter bike.

"If you argue with an Idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience every time". Now ya thinking.

RD#5's KTM is AWESOME!. No doubt, the "yardstick" in the comp ATM. But. E-legs on MX bikes are GAY. There's no argument to be had.

I'll assume that was the final word on the topic.

BTW. Did you think I was serious about him losing time? LMAO. Thanks.

The Shop

malachi177
7/30/2015 9:44pm
malachi177 wrote:
Faster starting and less spent energy hitting the magic button. Like RD stalling the bike entering the whoops...he rolled down the first one and was back...
#991 wrote:
I'd suggest if he had to stop the bike he had forward moving motion. I'd then suggest he could have bump started the bike and not...
I'd suggest if he had to stop the bike he had forward moving motion. I'd then suggest he could have bump started the bike and not stopped at all.
Which would be quicker, but because, in his mind, he knew that button was there, he lost time. Bummer!

HuhBlink ..he never stopped the bike..he rolled up the first whoop then hit the magic button. He was not going fast enough to bump the bike. Arguing with you is like clapping with one hand.
7/30/2015 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 10:01pm
malachi177 wrote:
#991 wrote:
I'd suggest if he had to stop the bike he had forward moving motion. I'd then suggest he could have bump started the bike and not...

malachi177 wrote:
Huh:blink: ..he never stopped the bike..he rolled up the first whoop then hit the magic button. He was not going fast enough to bump the bike...
HuhBlink ..he never stopped the bike..he rolled up the first whoop then hit the magic button. He was not going fast enough to bump the bike. Arguing with you is like clapping with one hand.
Mate. I was joking about him losing time.

I did think you said he stopped the bike though. My mistake.

I think the new Kato MX'ers are the business. Hence my statement about him "cheating". The bike is that good. Don't like the E-start though. If it doesn't make the bike better, I don't want it on the bike. Essentials only. They are Race bikes after all.
I do understand there's a weight limit for the AMA, (making this debate entirely moot), but personally, I'd much rather a kicker and less weight.
I ride for fun. Less weight = more fun, IMO. Kicking a bike is nothing new for me and has It's advantages. Kicking the bike gives you feel for the engine. You know when there's something wrong before you start the bike.

The new Kawies look awesome. Slightly less power but more "rideable", sounds good to me. Can't wait to throw a leg over one.
malachi177
7/30/2015 9:56pm
#991 wrote:

malachi177 wrote:
Huh:blink: ..he never stopped the bike..he rolled up the first whoop then hit the magic button. He was not going fast enough to bump the bike...
#991 wrote:
Mate. I was joking about him losing time. I did think you said he stopped the bike though. My mistake. I think the new Kato MX'ers...

I think the new Kato MX'ers are the business. Hence my statement about him "cheating". The bike is that good. Don't like the E-start though. If it doesn't make the bike better, I don't want it on the bike. Essentials only. They are Race bikes after all.
I do understand there's a weight limit for the AMA, (making this debate entirely moot), but personally, I'd much rather a kicker and less weight.
I ride for fun. Less weight = more fun, IMO. Kicking a bike is nothing new for me and has It's advantages. Kicking the bike gives you feel for the engine. You know when there's something wrong before you start the bike.

The new Kawies look awesome. Slightly less power but more "rideable", sounds good to me. Can't wait to throw a leg over one.
All good!...for what it's worth I'm not a pumpkin fan, or a Kawi fan Laughing
7/30/2015 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 10:09pm
malachi177 wrote:
#991 wrote:
Mate. I was joking about him losing time. I did think you said he stopped the bike though. My mistake. I think the new Kato MX'ers...

malachi177 wrote:
All good!...for what it's worth I'm not a pumpkin fan, or a Kawi fan Laughing
I've had both and currently ride a Suzuki.

That KTM RD#5's riding ATM is mighty Impressive. Even with the E-leg Tongue The thing hooks up like a 4x4 and turns like a Suzuki on rails.

Stoked to see Kawasaki make a substantial effort to lose some weight of the bike. Hopefully the new RMZ when it comes out, will have done the same.

I like Yellow. I literally did just pick a color lol.
7/30/2015 10:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 10:26pm
Actually. I didn't say I'd choose one over the other. Glad I don't have to choose next yr either.
If I chose the KTM, I'd take the E-leg off if possible. No weight limits where I race.

I'm not brand loyal, I'd buy a 2016 YZF. They come in Yellow lol. When I did race I was on Kawies. KTM200 is my all time favorite bike.

Apparently. All my X-mas's will come at once in 2017.

BTW, the 2016 production bikes won't be anywhere near the light weight of what RD#5 is riding ATM. The production model Kawies may even be lighter than the Kato's next yr?
nytsmaC
7/30/2015 10:40pm
Speedway? MotoGP? Seriously? How often do thise guys ever stalk their bike and are physically able to get back in the fuckin race? Use your head man. I think E-start is lame too but it doesn't take a genius to see why they can be worth tgeir weight in gold on a MX or enduro bike.

Championships are won on your bad days, by minimizing your mistakes. Have you ever raced? Never crashed, or stalled it in a corner while you were exhausted and lost a bunch of positions while restarting your bike? E-start can save you in times like that, and those positions you didn't lose can make the difference between winning and losing a championship if you're in a good points battle.

Second place is the first loser is not a good attitude to have if you're competing in a series, unless you win every race, and then you're probably sandbagging.

Rant over. Those new Kawi's look bitchen! Can't wait to read some more reviews. This e-start/KTM BS should be in a different thread.
bvm111
7/30/2015 11:00pm
so... No one has a 2016 KX450????PinchPinchPinchBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink
HenryA
7/31/2015 3:02am
bvm111 wrote:
Pretty safe to say that this thread derailed badly.
ROCKNDAWG
7/31/2015 7:42am
bvm111 wrote:
HenryA wrote:
I know what the heck, All i want to know about is the new Kawies. Based on I'm thinking about buying one. I don't give a flying whatever about KTMs electric start or weight. If i did i would be looking for 2016 KTM posts
Why don't you guy start your own post and leave this one alone, so maybe that way someone with a 2016 KX450 can actually post something!
Thanks
7/31/2015 7:54am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 7:58am
bvm111 wrote:
HenryA wrote:
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
I know what the heck, All i want to know about is the new Kawies. Based on I'm thinking about buying one. I don't give a...
I know what the heck, All i want to know about is the new Kawies. Based on I'm thinking about buying one. I don't give a flying whatever about KTMs electric start or weight. If i did i would be looking for 2016 KTM posts
Why don't you guy start your own post and leave this one alone, so maybe that way someone with a 2016 KX450 can actually post something!
Thanks
Is it even August in your country yet? "Ask a silly question, you'll get silly answers".

If you did want a 2016 KTM review, that may've actually been possible. Ironic!
ROCKNDAWG
7/31/2015 8:14am
HenryA wrote:
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
I know what the heck, All i want to know about is the new Kawies. Based on I'm thinking about buying one. I don't give a...
Thanks
#991 wrote:
Is it even August in your country yet? "Ask a silly question, you'll get silly answers". If you did want a 2016 KTM review, that may've...
Is it even August in your country yet? "Ask a silly question, you'll get silly answers".

Its strange being its only the end of July but my dealer says they have one they haven't uncrated yet!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/31/2015 8:22am
mx836 wrote:
How did this 2016 Kawasaki KX450 thread turn into a "KTM is the best" argument? "It's lighter, it has E-start" We get it. You guys love...
How did this 2016 Kawasaki KX450 thread turn into a "KTM is the best" argument? "It's lighter, it has E-start" We get it. You guys love your KTM. Good for you. Does anybody have the friggen Kawi yet?

#991 showed up, that's what happened.
7/31/2015 8:25am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 8:26am
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
Thanks
#991 wrote:
Is it even August in your country yet? "Ask a silly question, you'll get silly answers". If you did want a 2016 KTM review, that may've...

ROCKNDAWG wrote:
Its strange being its only the end of July but my dealer says they have one they haven't uncrated yet!
When did they tell you that? 1st of April Tongue

Fair enough Wink . I got the 1st 89 CR250 in Oz. We Imported it from the USA. Got it in late August 88 lol
7/31/2015 8:35am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 8:36am
Bob you are so right. The time lost from a tip over is so much more then a few pounds.
bvm111
7/31/2015 8:46am
HenryA wrote:
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
Thanks
#991 wrote:

You tell us... What month is it all the way down there in aus???

Evidently someone has a 16 kawi as TWMX rode one... The thread is asking if anyone else has one that can either confirm or deny what their report was. Not sure why you guys have to come in here and start a KTM debate.... Jeeeese Blink
7/31/2015 8:51am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 8:56am
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
Thanks
#991 wrote:

bvm111 wrote:
You tell us... What month is it all the way down there in aus??? Evidently someone has a 16 kawi as TWMX rode one... The thread...
You tell us... What month is it all the way down there in aus???

Evidently someone has a 16 kawi as TWMX rode one... The thread is asking if anyone else has one that can either confirm or deny what their report was. Not sure why you guys have to come in here and start a KTM debate.... Jeeeese Blink
August.

You lot are just a bit slow.

"Patience is a virtue".
BobPA
7/31/2015 8:57am
I hope they did not take any of the power away. Out of the box I don't think anything touches the 450 kxf, tractable yet builds all kinds of power.

Hopefully they figured out how to fix the raspy ass stock exhaust tone.
Kawasaki572
7/31/2015 11:41am
BobPA wrote:
I hope they did not take any of the power away. Out of the box I don't think anything touches the 450 kxf, tractable yet builds...
I hope they did not take any of the power away. Out of the box I don't think anything touches the 450 kxf, tractable yet builds all kinds of power.

Hopefully they figured out how to fix the raspy ass stock exhaust tone.
They used the mellow coupler when testing. There's mellow, standard, and race i think. I'm sure the new kawi will make more HP than the '15. Kawasaki isn't known for making new bikes with less HP than the last (Honda).
Kawasaki572
7/31/2015 11:46am
Whoa bro's... It's just an e start. Soon, all bikes will have them.
mx317
7/31/2015 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 2:30pm
#991 wrote:
August.

You lot are just a bit slow.

"Patience is a virtue".
deleted
ktm212
7/31/2015 1:07pm
The first batches have been hitting dealers all week, press release is tuesday I believe. Our dealer is on the east coast and should be seeing the bike in the next few days.
Motodork
7/31/2015 1:27pm
I just got one, super nice, feels like a cheater 250 weight wise, and yes I did pay msrp plus $598 so my sales guy can make a living.
ROCKNDAWG
7/31/2015 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 2:14pm
Back to Kawies.
I just bought the one my Ca dealer said he had and had crated.
So its now uncrated, sold and sitting in the back of my truck!

Its wasn't cheap but being the first one not bad.
Kawasaki572
7/31/2015 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 2:43pm
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
Back to Kawies. I just bought the one my Ca dealer said he had and had crated. So its now uncrated, sold and sitting in the...
Back to Kawies.

When are you riding it? So you can tell us your impression. Smile
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/31/2015 2:50pm
This thing escalated a little quickly, damn...

I've got one for the racer crowd in here... Me and Ricky Carmichael were talking about electric start when we were in Japan, guess which one he wanted. WinkTongue
HenryA
7/31/2015 3:06pm
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
Back to Kawies. I just bought the one my Ca dealer said he had and had crated. So its now uncrated, sold and sitting in the...
Back to Kawies.

Pics!!!

Post a reply to: 2016 KX450 Anybody got one?

The Latest