2015 YZ450

RPM68
Edited Date/Time 9/24/2014 7:25pm
I ride a '14 KTM 300 XC, that is set-up sweet for me, and the motor rips hard after putting on the High-Comp Head.

But it's gonna be for sale now. The YZ is so SICK! Add a MX32 on the front and you're good! 3rd gear roll on through ruts all day!

Suspension- forgot how amazing the SSS forks and rear shock are on the Yamaha's. The faster you go the plusher it gets.

Motor- Power is absolutely amazing! Yet manageable and very confident feeling.

Brakes- Batfly 270mm oversized rotor is recommended.

It's a good feeling to have such anticipation for a bike and do everything and handle every way you expect...

Ok, I have arm pump from typing.
|
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
9/23/2014 9:18pm
I like the YZ's except for the ridiculously high seat height. Hope you are tall.
Darryl916
9/24/2014 11:59am
RPM68 wrote:
I ride a '14 KTM 300 XC, that is set-up sweet for me, and the motor rips hard after putting on the High-Comp Head. But it's...
I ride a '14 KTM 300 XC, that is set-up sweet for me, and the motor rips hard after putting on the High-Comp Head.

But it's gonna be for sale now. The YZ is so SICK! Add a MX32 on the front and you're good! 3rd gear roll on through ruts all day!

Suspension- forgot how amazing the SSS forks and rear shock are on the Yamaha's. The faster you go the plusher it gets.

It's a good feeling to have such anticipation for a bike and do everything and handle every way you expect...

Have you experienced the YZ450 you are describing or are you describing how you imagine it will be? Not being a smart ass, I really can't tell.
EastFlorida
9/24/2014 1:50pm
RPM68 wrote:
I ride a '14 KTM 300 XC, that is set-up sweet for me, and the motor rips hard after putting on the High-Comp Head. But it's...

My '12 300 XC is the perfect bike! Well, almost perfect - I wish I had the YZ forks on it! LOL
HazemG
9/24/2014 1:52pm
My '12 300 XC is the perfect bike! Well, almost perfect - I wish I had the YZ forks on it! LOL
Pardon my ignorance to this, but is the 300XC ridden on motocross tracks as well? Or is it a more enduro/harescramble suited bike?

The Shop

thorns
9/24/2014 2:51pm
Does the 300XC have much top end power? I got the chance to ride a new Husky 300 enduro, and was quite disappointed with the power characteristics. Being I only ride tracks, It just didn't feel at all suited wnen you had a long straight to blast down, power delivery just fell flat midway through, which I realise would be perfect for enduro and hill climbs and snotty technical stuff which the bike is designed for.

Have always heard the KTM 300XC is a good cross over bike, but does it have much top end power, or is it like the enduro version and you just short shift and lug it?
kiwifan
9/24/2014 5:00pm
I am about to ride the last of the 2015 450's....so far the Yamaha is good, Suzuki is good, Kawasaki feels heavy but at usual power is good, KTM is good, riding the Honda this weekend.

Really not much between them all, I am sure the pro orientated magazines will tell everyone what bike is best (but not necessary best for everyone's riding level).
Factoryphoto
9/24/2014 6:49pm
I had a 13 kx450 now have a 15' yz 450, power on both are excellent the yz gets the nod because of the power tuner that thing is awesome . The suspension is unbelievable in stock form, I put a heavier shock spring on and waiting on forks springs but wow it is plushhhh it feels like a re valve stock, I had a 10-11 yz 450 and this thing is better in every way imo. The power is insane and the best suspension of any bike out there. I had a 15' 350 ktm sold it after 2 rides , cousin has the 14 1/2 FE ktm 450 and he is faster on the yami and loves the suspension and motor. As far as the brakes just get a tusk (re badged Galfer) front steel braided brake line the rotor is cool but 10-20mm on the rotor for $300 doesn't make sense, the steel braided line makes it feel like the ktm nice solid feel and its like $45 bucks.
9/24/2014 7:24pm
Just bought a run out 14. So happy bike is insane

Perfect for a heavier 6'1 guy
Katoomey
9/24/2014 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2014 7:25pm
thorns wrote:
Does the 300XC have much top end power? I got the chance to ride a new Husky 300 enduro, and was quite disappointed with the power...
Does the 300XC have much top end power? I got the chance to ride a new Husky 300 enduro, and was quite disappointed with the power characteristics. Being I only ride tracks, It just didn't feel at all suited wnen you had a long straight to blast down, power delivery just fell flat midway through, which I realise would be perfect for enduro and hill climbs and snotty technical stuff which the bike is designed for.

Have always heard the KTM 300XC is a good cross over bike, but does it have much top end power, or is it like the enduro version and you just short shift and lug it?
that is pretty much how they are. You can change that fairly easily though. It's a matter of port timing, ignition timing, and compression ratio. All of which can be changed with bolt on parts.

300XC + high compression head + SX ignition module + raising cylinder height (advancing intake port timing)+ race fuel + taper-bored carb = ANIMAL!!!!

..but, if you prefer high-rpm power, a 250 in that configuration will rev even higher and make close to the same peak power..and vibrates less.

Post a reply to: 2015 YZ450

The Latest