Danster
Edited Date/Time 4/6/2015 5:18pm
MX3 Trey Canard
MX2 Adam Cianciarulo
MX1 Eli Tomac

MX3 Thomas Hahn
MX2 Michael Lieb
MX1 Mike Alessi

Post your picks, and from other countries.......
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
4/4/2015 8:06pm
Ughhhhh..... how bout

MX1 - Dungey
MX2 - Martin/Webb
MX3 - Villopoto
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/4/2015 8:08pm
Danster wrote:
MX3 Trey Canard
MX2 Adam Cianciarulo
MX1 Eli Tomac

MX3 Thomas Hahn
MX2 Michael Lieb
MX1 Mike Alessi

Post your picks, and from other countries.......
Puerto Rico has to have one Puerto Rican on the team.
Flex
4/4/2015 8:12pm
USA:
MX3 Stewart
MX2 Martin
MX1 Villopoto

PR:
MX1 Alessi
MX2 A. Martin
MX3 The PR champion
tmx860
4/4/2015 8:23pm
USA:
MX1 Villopoto
MX2 Webb
MX3 Dungey

PR:
MX1 Nicoletti
MX2 A Martin
MX3 PR national champion

The Shop

Dx3moto
4/4/2015 8:27pm
tmx860 wrote:
USA:
MX1 Villopoto
MX2 Webb
MX3 Dungey

PR:
MX1 Nicoletti
MX2 A Martin
MX3 PR national champion
Looks good to me Cool
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
4/4/2015 8:32pm
USA:
MX1 Dungey
MX2 Cooper Webb
MX3 Poto

PR:
MX1 Tomac
MX2 Actual PR
MX3 Baggett
olds cool
4/4/2015 8:49pm
Good grief. An off weekend with 5 or so rounds left in the SX season and we don't even know who's gonna be healthy enough to even start the outdoors and you're speculating about a team for a race in what, September? Somebody has too much time on their hands....Whistling
mulletman
4/4/2015 9:49pm
Cianciarulo? Seriously? I don't think he has exactly proven himself outdoors yet.
Alan_Hess
4/4/2015 10:04pm
MX1 - Tomac
MX2 - Webb
MX3 - Villopoto

2015 Dream Team
moose man
4/4/2015 10:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 10:18pm
Kinda dumb to pick.because we have no.idea u et3 rd5 tc41 rv2 then 250 Webb Martin ac Nelson there are a ton of dudes only time well.tell and possibly JS7
Bearuno
4/4/2015 10:22pm
I'd like to see other countries pull this stunt.

The French come to mind - they have numerous 'territories' in the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, and they have plenty of World class riders to choose from.

Though I wrote I'd like to see other countries pull this stunt, I really would prefer that it wasn't allowed at all. Only riders with the license of the Country / Territory that the Team is purported to represent.
Bearuno
4/4/2015 11:15pm
To add to that - little (in terms of population) old Australia could pull this sort of stunt - we've Christmas Island and Norfolk Island, and probably a few other 'territories' that fit into the US / PR model.

We've got our overseas based riders, that could easily (over) fill an A team, and the left overs from that group, plus our domestic based riders could go into 'territorial teams.. Hell, one family - the Moss's, could almost make a team themselves. With the 'territories' we have, we could probably have B, C and D teams.

As I've said, a fair few countries could pull the US / PR stunt, but, De-facto Nation teams, I feel, should not be at the Nations. I'm amazed it's been allowed to continue. Tarah Geiger at the 08 Donington Nations for PR - fair enough - she grew up there, didn't she?.

I think Trampas Parker and, perhaps, Billy Liles ( I know Liles rode for the US at Manjimup) rode for other countries at the MX Des? - because they had those nations race licenses. It's happened that way for decades. An example being that many Belgians raced for Luxemburg I think, having licenses from that neighboring country. Years ago, I think there were limitations on the number of riders from each country that were allowed to do the GPs, so you had a lot of riders, having licenses from other countries, just to be able to ride the World Championships, and the MX and Trophy Des Nations.
Juss
4/5/2015 12:29am
Bearuno wrote:
To add to that - little (in terms of population) old Australia could pull this sort of stunt - we've Christmas Island and Norfolk Island, and...
To add to that - little (in terms of population) old Australia could pull this sort of stunt - we've Christmas Island and Norfolk Island, and probably a few other 'territories' that fit into the US / PR model.

We've got our overseas based riders, that could easily (over) fill an A team, and the left overs from that group, plus our domestic based riders could go into 'territorial teams.. Hell, one family - the Moss's, could almost make a team themselves. With the 'territories' we have, we could probably have B, C and D teams.

As I've said, a fair few countries could pull the US / PR stunt, but, De-facto Nation teams, I feel, should not be at the Nations. I'm amazed it's been allowed to continue. Tarah Geiger at the 08 Donington Nations for PR - fair enough - she grew up there, didn't she?.

I think Trampas Parker and, perhaps, Billy Liles ( I know Liles rode for the US at Manjimup) rode for other countries at the MX Des? - because they had those nations race licenses. It's happened that way for decades. An example being that many Belgians raced for Luxemburg I think, having licenses from that neighboring country. Years ago, I think there were limitations on the number of riders from each country that were allowed to do the GPs, so you had a lot of riders, having licenses from other countries, just to be able to ride the World Championships, and the MX and Trophy Des Nations.
Just dont forget Reeds our boy now. I'd love too see him ride for his new country once before he retires!
Aryen
4/5/2015 12:31am
You guys know you don't have to put a 250 rider on the lites bike right?

So it could be:

Dungey
Tomac
Villopoto

PR dude
Canard
Barcia
agn5009
4/5/2015 12:34am
MxKing809 wrote:
Ughhhhh..... how bout

MX1 - Dungey
MX2 - Martin/Webb
MX3 - Villopoto
Bingo
agn5009
4/5/2015 12:39am
Aryen wrote:
You guys know you don't have to put a 250 rider on the lites bike right? So it could be: Dungey Tomac Villopoto PR dude Canard...
You guys know you don't have to put a 250 rider on the lites bike right?

So it could be:

Dungey
Tomac
Villopoto

PR dude
Canard
Barcia
Neither canard nor barcia will ever ride for PR because I believe once they do, they aren't permitted to ride for the US again. I may be wrong on that so please correct me if that's the case
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/5/2015 2:43am
agn5009 wrote:
Neither canard nor barcia will ever ride for PR because I believe once they do, they aren't permitted to ride for the US again. I may...
Neither canard nor barcia will ever ride for PR because I believe once they do, they aren't permitted to ride for the US again. I may be wrong on that so please correct me if that's the case
I'm not sure but I believe Wilson has raced for more than one country
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
4/5/2015 2:50am
I think the U.S strongest team this year could possibly come from having a 450 rider step back onto a 250 for the weekend.

Does anyone not think that Tomac or Canard on a 250F does not beat Martin, Webb or AC?

Nothing against the new generation but, I don't see Canard or Tomac being any slower and have a lot more experience.

RV, Dungey and either Tomac or Canard would have to be the best team going. Dam put JS7 on a 250F, that would be cool to see.
4/5/2015 4:03am
Early days but as of now:

1. Dungey MX1
2. Martin or Webb MX2
3. Villopto MX3

Given that they won here in 2005 I think that there's a good chance the American guys will finally like this circuit, at least more than the last few tracks. Slightly off topic but if Paulin can get back on form then France will potentially have another amazing team with Romain Febvre (who has to be the surprise of MX1 thus far) and Dylan Ferrandis who looks great.
ayearinmx
4/5/2015 4:57am
Early days but as of now: 1. Dungey MX1 2. Martin or Webb MX2 3. Villopto MX3 Given that they won here in 2005 I think...
Early days but as of now:

1. Dungey MX1
2. Martin or Webb MX2
3. Villopto MX3

Given that they won here in 2005 I think that there's a good chance the American guys will finally like this circuit, at least more than the last few tracks. Slightly off topic but if Paulin can get back on form then France will potentially have another amazing team with Romain Febvre (who has to be the surprise of MX1 thus far) and Dylan Ferrandis who looks great.
Pretty sure France will never win the MXDN if they don't pick Marvin Musquin or Christophe Pourcel Whistling
h&m_cycle
4/5/2015 5:23am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2015 5:25am
Juss wrote:
Just dont forget Reeds our boy now. I'd love too see him ride for his new country once before he retires!
Reed outdoorsSick Don't we get beat enough?, Dungey spent half of one of his motos following a guy that
finished out of the top 10 in the GP's Last year, Tomac is way fast but not when he's on the ground
Web has the speed but crashes alot, I like Trey but he would probably crash out.

I guess Martin even though he broke his foot last year in a crash for our 250 rider.
Poto of course
Stewart would take a chance with
so it's

James Stewart MX1

Jeremy Martin MX2

Ryan Villopoto MX3

We win

Flex
4/5/2015 7:19am
h&m_cycle wrote:
Reed outdoors:sick: Don't we get beat enough?, Dungey spent half of one of his motos following a guy that finished out of the top 10 in...
Reed outdoorsSick Don't we get beat enough?, Dungey spent half of one of his motos following a guy that
finished out of the top 10 in the GP's Last year, Tomac is way fast but not when he's on the ground
Web has the speed but crashes alot, I like Trey but he would probably crash out.

I guess Martin even though he broke his foot last year in a crash for our 250 rider.
Poto of course
Stewart would take a chance with
so it's

James Stewart MX1

Jeremy Martin MX2

Ryan Villopoto MX3

We win

This team would put USA back on top.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
4/5/2015 7:54am
Put Dungey, Villo, and Stewart in a room and let them figure out who is gonna run each class. After they have all agreed who runs what, turn everything over to DeCoster to put USA back on top. And keep Tomac on standby, just in case....Done.
Alucard
4/5/2015 7:56am
Team USA, choosing Villopoto is a must obviously, after all the experience on european tracks, but it seems that he's going to retire and not very interested in MXDN in recent years... Who knows, if he wins the MXGP title he's probably racing, closing a great career with maybe a victory at the MXDN, if not, he retires after Glen Helen probably... Tomac or Dungey for Open or MX1, the first one seems more balls out and overall faster, but still some mistakes, Dungey is the consistent one, but the new one with Baker's "magic potions" seems faster and more agressive than usual, still with the consistency... So probably super enhanced Dungey as of now... MX2 Martin or Webb probably... Stewart? Really? He's done guys, and not recently, but at least since 2010... Yeah, he still has the talent and speed to pull off a magic race from time to time, but at the MXDN with all the pressure and on a foreign track? Forget about it...
4/5/2015 8:08am
So the USA has to field 2 teams to try and get on the top step again sometime in the future. It's not fair having to ride against those tiny European counties anymore.
h&m_cycle
4/5/2015 8:27am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2015 8:28am
We need guys who can stay off the ground & can pass guys if they would get a bad start.
Can back it down a notch & still get top 5.

I don't think Stewie's burned out now. His 80 %, to keep from crashing is most guys 100%
Don't know if Poto would even do it. Hope so
Martin is really good & pretty consistent outdoors. acts kind of mature for his age.

Nothing against Dungey, sometimes he has trouble passing guys, he's the cleanest guy out there.
He stays off the ground too.

Juss
4/5/2015 9:01am
dadofagun wrote:
Put Dungey, Villo, and Stewart in a room and let them figure out who is gonna run each class. After they have all agreed who runs...
Put Dungey, Villo, and Stewart in a room and let them figure out who is gonna run each class. After they have all agreed who runs what, turn everything over to DeCoster to put USA back on top. And keep Tomac on standby, just in case....Done.
No please no more RD

Post a reply to: 2015 MXDN Team USA and Puerto Rico

The Latest