2015 Factory edition KTM 450

B-EVANS
3/4/2015 11:29am
I have annoyed my dealer everyday for 2 months. I'm starting to believe he really doesn't know when they will arrive. Anybody heard a release date?
TANK222TFT
3/4/2015 11:51am
MD will see them this week as long as the weather does not hold the trucks up.
Tim507
3/4/2015 11:53am
My FE 250 has been released,I have the serial number, not sure what day - my dealer was fairly confident that it would be within a weekWoohoo
TeamGreen
3/4/2015 12:03pm
Tim507 wrote:
My FE 250 has been released,I have the serial number, not sure what day - my dealer was fairly confident that it would be within a...
My FE 250 has been released,I have the serial number, not sure what day - my dealer was fairly confident that it would be within a weekWoohoo
Until then...

NO Caffein for you!

The Shop

joeellis
3/4/2015 12:21pm
Spoke to a dealer a few minutes ago. He said sometime this month for the 250 and not until May for the 450.
Tim507
3/4/2015 12:27pm
From what I understand - the west coast longshoreman strike has played havoc with shipments.........I'm waiting for a shipment on a project and I've been told it is floating in the Puget Sound waiting for a dock in Seattle or TacomaUnsureWhistling
BroFoSho
3/4/2015 12:30pm
Sucks to drop $10k on a bike and not even know when you'll get it
Digger29
3/4/2015 12:39pm
My dealer was invoiced for 2 of his 4 FE 450s and they shipped on Saturday and I'm told they should be here today.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
3/4/2015 12:42pm
Tim507 wrote:
From what I understand - the west coast longshoreman strike has played havoc with shipments.........I'm waiting for a shipment on a project and I've been told...
From what I understand - the west coast longshoreman strike has played havoc with shipments.........I'm waiting for a shipment on a project and I've been told it is floating in the Puget Sound waiting for a dock in Seattle or TacomaUnsureWhistling
Aren't they coming from the east coast?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
3/4/2015 12:43pm
Digger29 wrote:
My dealer was invoiced for 2 of his 4 FE 450s and they shipped on Saturday and I'm told they should be here today.
Man I am jealous.

Let us know how you like it.
Digger29
3/4/2015 12:47pm
Tim507 wrote:
From what I understand - the west coast longshoreman strike has played havoc with shipments.........I'm waiting for a shipment on a project and I've been told...
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yes they're coming from VA. I'll definitely do a quick write up on it. I going to grease it and switch the bars and pegs and head south with it.
KTMShane699
3/4/2015 12:51pm
joeellis wrote:
Spoke to a dealer a few minutes ago. He said sometime this month for the 250 and not until May for the 450.
That is completely incorrect information. The production rule for homologation says that the manufacturer has to have 200 bikes available by March (invoiced to dealers/in transit to dealers) and another 200 by June. So if the 450's aren't coming until May, KTM is not in compliance and wouldn't be able to race the bike.

Bikes have shipped and been invoiced. The allocation for dealers is split into two shipments. Mine is in the second shipment. KTM says May, but realistically should be before then.

Shane
Tim507
3/4/2015 1:13pm
Tim507 wrote:
TriRacer27 wrote:
Not sure - perhaps someone more in the know can jumpin.....Doesn't KTM warehouse in CA now?
joeellis
3/4/2015 1:25pm
joeellis wrote:
That is completely incorrect information. The production rule for homologation says that the manufacturer has to have 200 bikes available by March (invoiced to dealers/in transit...
That is completely incorrect information. The production rule for homologation says that the manufacturer has to have 200 bikes available by March (invoiced to dealers/in transit to dealers) and another 200 by June. So if the 450's aren't coming until May, KTM is not in compliance and wouldn't be able to race the bike.

Bikes have shipped and been invoiced. The allocation for dealers is split into two shipments. Mine is in the second shipment. KTM says May, but realistically should be before then.

Shane
Just telling you what I was told. Maybe his 450 is in the second shipment too.
TANK222TFT
3/4/2015 1:31pm
I'll post up pictures of the 450 and 250 this week. Jt Motorsports is getting 2 450's and 1 250.
kiwifan
3/4/2015 3:06pm
KTM have got this sussed, they bring out what is basically a 2016 model 6 months early, charge a fortune for it and people buy them all, plus it gives their racing teams an advantage, pretty clever really.
TMV
3/5/2015 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2015 1:45pm
Funny Pingree says in the racerx test he feels the hand of "Roger" on every little ingenious details. Does he realize all the spyshots we've seen a few months ago were taken in Belgium and Holland. The bike was done before Dungey threw a leg over it. They even said they didn't want to try the new bike before Roczen's departure which means Roczen didn't participate to anything associate with the new bike and neither did Dungey...
mnomis484
3/5/2015 1:00pm
kiwifan wrote:
KTM have got this sussed, they bring out what is basically a 2016 model 6 months early, charge a fortune for it and people buy them...
KTM have got this sussed, they bring out what is basically a 2016 model 6 months early, charge a fortune for it and people buy them all, plus it gives their racing teams an advantage, pretty clever really.
Everyone seems to think that the 15 FE and the stock '16 are the same bike except graphics, but i heard that the stock '16 Ktms are not as similar to the FE as you might think Wink
kiwifan
3/5/2015 1:02pm
kiwifan wrote:
KTM have got this sussed, they bring out what is basically a 2016 model 6 months early, charge a fortune for it and people buy them...
mnomis484 wrote:
Everyone seems to think that the 15 FE and the stock '16 are the same bike except graphics, but i heard that the stock '16 Ktms...
Everyone seems to think that the 15 FE and the stock '16 are the same bike except graphics, but i heard that the stock '16 Ktms are not as similar to the FE as you might think Wink
so tell us more what you heard?
takitimu
3/5/2015 2:30pm
kiwifan wrote:
& they get their new model beta tested whilst not losing to much money, I seriously doubt they make money on the FE. Not to mention the publicity.

I am just hoping the xcf250 2016 continues the theme & has the new frame etc Smile

motomike137
3/6/2015 6:35am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 6:36am
TMV wrote:
Funny Pingree says in the racerx test he feels the hand of "Roger" on every little ingenious details. Does he realize all the spyshots we've seen...
Funny Pingree says in the racerx test he feels the hand of "Roger" on every little ingenious details. Does he realize all the spyshots we've seen a few months ago were taken in Belgium and Holland. The bike was done before Dungey threw a leg over it. They even said they didn't want to try the new bike before Roczen's departure which means Roczen didn't participate to anything associate with the new bike and neither did Dungey...
It's a pretty small world these days TMV from a communications standpoint. Who's to say that there wasn't much collaboration between RD/RD, Austria, and the testers/developers elsewhere? And I could swear that I heard or read that DeCoster wanted Roczen to wait to make his decision too leave until after he got to ride it.
Vanilla
3/6/2015 7:20am
mnomis484 wrote:
Everyone seems to think that the 15 FE and the stock '16 are the same bike except graphics, but i heard that the stock '16 Ktms...
A dealer from Belgium told me the 16 models would have a air fork and a air shock.. Personally i think that is not going to happen but i do not know why the dealer would say something like that if it's not true.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
3/6/2015 7:24am
mnomis484 wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
A dealer from Belgium told me the 16 models would have a air fork and a air shock.. Personally i think that is not going to...
A dealer from Belgium told me the 16 models would have a air fork and a air shock.. Personally i think that is not going to happen but i do not know why the dealer would say something like that if it's not true.
Air shock isn't going into production as of now, but it's likely they will have their new air fork for the 16 model, if not, it'll be 17.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
3/6/2015 7:30am
TMV wrote:
Funny Pingree says in the racerx test he feels the hand of "Roger" on every little ingenious details. Does he realize all the spyshots we've seen...
It's a pretty small world these days TMV from a communications standpoint. Who's to say that there wasn't much collaboration between RD/RD, Austria, and the testers/developers...
It's a pretty small world these days TMV from a communications standpoint. Who's to say that there wasn't much collaboration between RD/RD, Austria, and the testers/developers elsewhere? And I could swear that I heard or read that DeCoster wanted Roczen to wait to make his decision too leave until after he got to ride it.
TMV, US side was very heavily involved in what was needed. Along with the US side's head test rider, Mike Sleeter, spending a lot of time in Europe testing the bike as well.

Also, Ryan did ride an early version of the bike much earlier than you are stating.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Inside-the-Factory-Edition-KTMs,…
TMV
3/6/2015 7:37am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 7:44am
TMV wrote:
It's a pretty small world these days TMV from a communications standpoint. Who's to say that there wasn't much collaboration between RD/RD, Austria, and the testers/developers...
ML512 wrote:
TMV, US side was very heavily involved in what was needed. Along with the US side's head test rider, Mike Sleeter, spending a lot of time...
TMV, US side was very heavily involved in what was needed. Along with the US side's head test rider, Mike Sleeter, spending a lot of time in Europe testing the bike as well.

Also, Ryan did ride an early version of the bike much earlier than you are stating.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Inside-the-Factory-Edition-KTMs,…
OK guys, my bad then. I thought it was unfair to take the credit away from the european developpers and testers, don't want to take anything away from the US testers neither...
kiwifan
3/6/2015 1:45pm
kiwifan wrote:
takitimu wrote:
& they get their new model beta tested whilst not losing to much money, I seriously doubt they make money on the FE. Not to mention...
& they get their new model beta tested whilst not losing to much money, I seriously doubt they make money on the FE. Not to mention the publicity.

I am just hoping the xcf250 2016 continues the theme & has the new frame etc Smile

yup, they are certainly doing it the right way.....
mnomis484
3/9/2015 2:43pm
mnomis484 wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
A dealer from Belgium told me the 16 models would have a air fork and a air shock.. Personally i think that is not going to...
ML512 wrote:
Air shock isn't going into production as of now, but it's likely they will have their new air fork for the 16 model, if not, it'll...
Air shock isn't going into production as of now, but it's likely they will have their new air fork for the 16 model, if not, it'll be 17.
No air shock, but the EU sxf 450 will get air forks(350 and 250 probably too). Air chamber only in one fork leg, like most other manufacturers do. Seems to be working pretty well from what i have heard. Not sure about the US model though, the forks have been different in the past.
kiwifan
3/9/2015 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 2:50pm
mnomis484 wrote:
No air shock, but the EU sxf 450 will get air forks(350 and 250 probably too). Air chamber only in one fork leg, like most other...
No air shock, but the EU sxf 450 will get air forks(350 and 250 probably too). Air chamber only in one fork leg, like most other manufacturers do. Seems to be working pretty well from what i have heard. Not sure about the US model though, the forks have been different in the past.
I hope it doesnt have air forks, some refuse to ride air forked bikes, Yamaha might be the only ones with non air forks in 2016!!!
Holker10
3/9/2015 3:57pm
I spoke to the KTM rep on Sat. He told me they should be on the truck from the east coast. I am in Iowa and he seemed pretty confident my 450 should be on it and here this week. He said the weather has held them up a little. I AM PATIENTLY WAITING!

Post a reply to: 2015 Factory edition KTM 450

The Latest