2015.5 KTM Factory Edition Feedback

4/14/2015 7:59am
Digger29 wrote:
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Diggermx29/media/CentralFE450_zpsiahgitsx.png.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Diggermx29/CentralFE450_zpsiahgitsx.png[/IMG][/URL] Had a blast racing at Central Village on Sunday. I was a little nervous on the line for practice seeing as I had never ridden...

Had a blast racing at Central Village on Sunday. I was a little nervous on the line for practice seeing as I had never ridden the bike until that morning. Is it just me or do I look like I'm riding a SX85 in this pic? Christ I look huge on the bike. That's a reason to sell it right there :-)
Sweet setup Dig!! Glad you liked the bike!
4/14/2015 8:27am
I don't know why that other dude jumped all over my post. I didn't pull the $2,300 number out of my ass, the other dude said...
I don't know why that other dude jumped all over my post. I didn't pull the $2,300 number out of my ass, the other dude said his Dad was spending that on his suspension. I wasn't hating on KTooms. I am just a realist, I honestly couldn't give a shit what brand of bike I or anyone else rides. I really couldn't, as long as it performs out of the box and it doesn't need a shitload of BS upgrades just to get it to work for the average rider (which 99.9% of the posters on here are) I even get the higher price of the KTM's but the fact that more people than don't have issues with the forks, makes me question how they can miss the mark on that especially when they hit so many other things perfectly.
A few points- - Have you ever made $4,000-10,000 dollars in one day? If you have, $2300 for suspension is laughable. It's relativity. -Have you ever...
A few points-

- Have you ever made $4,000-10,000 dollars in one day? If you have, $2300 for suspension is laughable. It's relativity.

-Have you ever met someone with cancer? Or in a wheelchair? You can't take the money with you. It's to spend.

- Do you have disposable income? Do you know what that is? Do you know what that's for?

Dude! you don't realize what a kook this response makes you look like Smile HaHa........

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/16/2015 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2015 10:51pm
So bringing this post back to feedback...
I have about 7 days on my 250FE and getting some oil residue near my shifter, has anyone else seen this? I tightened those Allen bolts, but it keeps coming back. I also lost a spring that holds the header onto the motor...

The Shop

kiwifan
4/17/2015 1:34am
So bringing this post back to feedback... I have about 7 days on my 250FE and getting some oil residue near my shifter, has anyone else...
I have about 7 days on my 250FE and getting some oil residue near my shifter, has anyone else seen this? I tightened those Allen bolts, but it keeps coming back. I also lost a spring that holds the header onto the motor...

My friends bike has had same issue, he isnt happy...his dealer says its not the bikes fault
joeellis
4/17/2015 4:16am
So bringing this post back to feedback... I have about 7 days on my 250FE and getting some oil residue near my shifter, has anyone else...

Don't have an FE, but my 2013 KTM had the same issue!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/17/2015 5:02am

joeellis wrote:
Did you have any fix for the problem on your 13?

Posting the photos on here I hoped to figure out if it was a 1 off problem or maybe a defect. Let me know if anyone is seeing this issue. Thanks dudes!
B-EVANS
4/17/2015 5:18am
I'm not going to be that guy and ask if thats chain lube slinging off
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/17/2015 5:52am
B-EVANS wrote:
I'm not going to be that guy and ask if thats chain lube slinging off
The first time I saw it, i thought it was chain lube. I cleaned the area and it came back. It's actually happend since the first day on the bike...
joeellis
4/17/2015 6:30am

joeellis wrote:
Did you have any fix for the problem on your 13? Posting the photos on here I hoped to figure out if it was a 1...
Did you have any fix for the problem on your 13?

Posting the photos on here I hoped to figure out if it was a 1 off problem or maybe a defect. Let me know if anyone is seeing this issue. Thanks dudes!
No. I didn't notice until changing oil a few times. What I think is the seal on the filter cover didn't do its job any longer. Although the engines are different, I noticed the leaking in the same location as your picture. I changed oil quite often. Probably much more often than I really needed to, but rather do that than not enough.
4/17/2015 9:43am
Clean it up and use talcum powder, just ride it around a bit on the pavement. then you should have an indication on where it leaks.
joeellis
4/17/2015 9:49am
Clean it up and use talcum powder, just ride it around a bit on the pavement. then you should have an indication on where it leaks.
That's what she said!
slipdog
4/17/2015 10:03am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2015 10:06am
I've seen KTM's leak oil through the cases from over porous castings.

(they were 65's and I think the motors weren't made by KTM, just throwing that scenario out there)
Motoman35
4/17/2015 10:51am
over porous castings and less oil = less weightSmile
slipdog
4/17/2015 11:47am
Motoman35 wrote:
over porous castings and less oil = less weightSmile
It's all part of the plan, Pinky...

What plan is that, Brain?

Total world domination, of course!
4/17/2015 1:33pm
I don't know why that other dude jumped all over my post. I didn't pull the $2,300 number out of my ass, the other dude said...
I don't know why that other dude jumped all over my post. I didn't pull the $2,300 number out of my ass, the other dude said his Dad was spending that on his suspension. I wasn't hating on KTooms. I am just a realist, I honestly couldn't give a shit what brand of bike I or anyone else rides. I really couldn't, as long as it performs out of the box and it doesn't need a shitload of BS upgrades just to get it to work for the average rider (which 99.9% of the posters on here are) I even get the higher price of the KTM's but the fact that more people than don't have issues with the forks, makes me question how they can miss the mark on that especially when they hit so many other things perfectly.
A few points- - Have you ever made $4,000-10,000 dollars in one day? If you have, $2300 for suspension is laughable. It's relativity. -Have you ever...
A few points-

- Have you ever made $4,000-10,000 dollars in one day? If you have, $2300 for suspension is laughable. It's relativity.

-Have you ever met someone with cancer? Or in a wheelchair? You can't take the money with you. It's to spend.

- Do you have disposable income? Do you know what that is? Do you know what that's for?

Dude! you don't realize what a kook this response makes you look like Smile HaHa........

"The problem is you think you have time." -Buddha

If I was scared to look like a kook I wouldn't get out of bed brother! Laughing
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/22/2015 3:20pm
Hey guys, anyone else having an oil leak problem? I pulled off that 3 bolt cover and there's an o-ring in there which seemed fine. I'm out riding now and it's leaking again, thinking it might be the ignition cover gasket? Maybe I'll swap out the O-ring for shits and gigs...

Moto3731
4/22/2015 3:43pm
Get it nice and clean then put a coat of baby powder in the area and you'll see exactly where it's coming from. Def looks like that three bolt cover to me.
dcg141
4/22/2015 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 5:15pm
That is the oil pump cover. Has an o-ring behind it. Clean it up and really dry that area around the cover and watch for the leak. I could also be the flywheel/ingnition cover. The clutch slave cylinder is right above that also and could leak.
dcg141
4/22/2015 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 5:15pm
I think that cover is the same as last years bike.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/22/2015 8:04pm
I got some Nihilo frame grip today for the new bike. Nice little touch for that factory look! There's a few colors available I believe...

Moto3731
4/24/2015 4:19am
Did 4 20 min motos on the 450 yesterday..... I must say this is the most amazing bike I have ever ridden. The power is so hooked up and linear it's like your throttle hand is coming meted to the rear wheel. You can hop out of ruts early and cut cut under anyone in the most hooked up manner. I honestly did the think it'd be this good. The stock suspension was OK nothing amazing but definatley raceable. If your one of those people who like your stuff on the stiff side like me you'll like it. I ride it back to back with my friends 15 honda 450 and the honda don't even compare. They both have a light feel but the Ktm tops it. I've been a honda guy my whole life and this is my first brand switch. Once everyone gets them broken in and setup for themselves I see this bike just getting better. For the record I'm not just saying how great this bike is because I bought one. If I bought a bike I don't like I'd be the first to tell you.
Moto3731
4/24/2015 4:20am
These tires are great but wear way to fast though!!
forensic
Fantasy
1753rd
4/24/2015 6:42am
I got some Nihilo frame grip today for the new bike. Nice little touch for that factory look! There's a few colors available I believe... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/22/88459/s1200_untitled_1.jpg[/img]...
I got some Nihilo frame grip today for the new bike. Nice little touch for that factory look! There's a few colors available I believe...

what pegs are those Joe?
4/24/2015 6:47am
I got some Nihilo frame grip today for the new bike. Nice little touch for that factory look! There's a few colors available I believe... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/22/88459/s1200_untitled_1.jpg[/img]...

forensic wrote:
what pegs are those Joe?
I want those Nihilo tapes for my bike but that lower part is what I was worried about. I rub the shit out of the side of my bike with my right leg and I'd be missing paint too. Damnit.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/24/2015 6:52am

forensic wrote:
what pegs are those Joe?
They are Raptor TI footpegs.
cslacker
4/24/2015 7:34am
Hey guys, anyone else having an oil leak problem? I pulled off that 3 bolt cover and there's an o-ring in there which seemed fine. I'm...
Hey guys, anyone else having an oil leak problem? I pulled off that 3 bolt cover and there's an o-ring in there which seemed fine. I'm out riding now and it's leaking again, thinking it might be the ignition cover gasket? Maybe I'll swap out the O-ring for shits and gigs...

Local guy bought one of these and I was checking it out at the track last weekend. I looked and he had the same oily spot as this. I'm thinking it's an issue across the board. Probably just a crappy seal.
Paul333
4/24/2015 7:45am
My Nihilo frame grip tape arrived yesterday. I got mine in Orange and it fits perfectly.

I am still running the stock black frame guards, although I cut them down to as short as they can be and still have both bolts installed. It looks alot better this way,
SLO1667
4/24/2015 8:07am
Moto3731 wrote:
Did 4 20 min motos on the 450 yesterday..... I must say this is the most amazing bike I have ever ridden. The power is so...
Did 4 20 min motos on the 450 yesterday..... I must say this is the most amazing bike I have ever ridden. The power is so hooked up and linear it's like your throttle hand is coming meted to the rear wheel. You can hop out of ruts early and cut cut under anyone in the most hooked up manner. I honestly did the think it'd be this good. The stock suspension was OK nothing amazing but definatley raceable. If your one of those people who like your stuff on the stiff side like me you'll like it. I ride it back to back with my friends 15 honda 450 and the honda don't even compare. They both have a light feel but the Ktm tops it. I've been a honda guy my whole life and this is my first brand switch. Once everyone gets them broken in and setup for themselves I see this bike just getting better. For the record I'm not just saying how great this bike is because I bought one. If I bought a bike I don't like I'd be the first to tell you.
Awesome...I'm dumping Honda.

How are the lap times in comparison?

Post a reply to: 2015.5 KTM Factory Edition Feedback

The Latest