2014 honda rumor

E-man811
3/1/2013 7:26am
Brent wrote:
Honda has stated that it will not produce any more two-stroke engines for any vehicle, period.
This ^

Honda is one of those companies that is too proud to ever take a black eye.

I don't think it will happen, but would be cool if it does.
CamP
3/1/2013 7:39am
If Honda produced a CR300R to compete with the KTM 300, I would be the first in line to buy one.
E-man811
3/1/2013 7:39am
Heard another rumor to this from a credible source today.......2014 cr250r. With direct injection. Would be super cool if it's true!
zehn wrote:
And it would still get beat by the 4-strokes.
reded wrote:
Sure it would, if it had to compete against 450s. What happens when Honda re-writes the rulebook to allow their new 2st to race in the...
Sure it would, if it had to compete against 450s. What happens when Honda re-writes the rulebook to allow their new 2st to race in the 250 class?
This is the best case scenario. It would be the catalyst to returning to the days of old. The 125 class would be logical to be placed underneath it and the 450's will die off.

A man can dream, can't he?
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
3/1/2013 7:48am
Suns_PSD wrote:
The APT Smartcarb has made FI 2 strokes simply unneccesary as the APT can do everything FI does but is better at several things. Like weight...
The APT Smartcarb has made FI 2 strokes simply unneccesary as the APT can do everything FI does but is better at several things. Like weight, cost, simplicity, retrofitability, etc...

PS. Honda will never design a modern 2 stroke and why would anyone buy one when Honda crushed 2 strokes in the first place?

PSS. I still can't believe that Suzuki hasn't stuck an RM250 engine in to a new RMZ250 chassis and proceeded to sell them by the truckload.
Not 100% related, but have you tried the SmartCarb? I am seriously considering one.

The Shop

reded
3/1/2013 7:49am
I imagine Honda looks back to the days of old and dreams of selling that many motorcycles again.
dak446
3/1/2013 8:10am
reded wrote:
I imagine Honda looks back to the days of old and dreams of selling that many motorcycles again.
I think all of the manufacturers are singing that same tune right about now. Except maybe KTM, they seem to be taking on a greater share of the market every day.
peelout
3/1/2013 8:30am
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes.

Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they still release them sure, but putting R&D towards them? leave that to KTM.

KTM will be the only bike I ever buy from here on. i applaud them
RACERX69
3/1/2013 8:55am
peelout wrote:
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes. Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they...
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes.

Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they still release them sure, but putting R&D towards them? leave that to KTM.

KTM will be the only bike I ever buy from here on. i applaud them
Yep. You nailed it Peel.

Fugg the Jap's. Bought my first KTM last year(250XCW) and will never go back to the big 4. Love my Pumpkin.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
3/1/2013 8:55am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 8:56am
Well mr smarty pants, it was relevant to what I heard, rather than start a new thread about the same thing. It is also dumb to...
Well mr smarty pants, it was relevant to what I heard, rather than start a new thread about the same thing. It is also dumb to waste your time writing "this is dumb".
TerryK wrote:
No, actually it is common forum courtesy to start a new thread rather than dig up a really old one. Read the rules.

Just sayin'.
Sorry man, hadn't had my morning coffee, will do from now on.Blush
exsarg
3/1/2013 9:31am
Fearo wrote:
Every year the same rumours surface of this and this brand putting out an "all-new" 2-stroke. Just like last year when Ping said Suzuki was bringing...
Every year the same rumours surface of this and this brand putting out an "all-new" 2-stroke. Just like last year when Ping said Suzuki was bringing back 2-strokes. It all sounded like a done deal, until a Suzuki exec commented that it was just an idea that got shut down early by Japan...

I am probably the biggest 2-stroke supporter on these forums but also a realist. If there is indeed a 2-stroke revolution in the works, I am 100% sure that KTM will have all the latest and greatest technology first. After that I would be immensely surprised if even one or two of the Japanese manufacturers followed suit.
you will have square off with newman on that claim. ppv
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
3/1/2013 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 10:13am
Well as exciting as it may be to dream, the economy is just not there to support the existing sport by 2015 IMO, much less anything else. I would love to see the new 2-strokes, but the sport itself will die off first. Hopefully I'm wrong, and I've been wrong plenty of times before.
DrSweden
3/1/2013 10:38am
There's no strange things going on. Like previously Japan is going to spit out whatever the market craves for, they used to be copy masters, stole the European scene during the seventies. If we buy smokers A LOT, they will spit out their refined version at some point, no doubt. There's no evil plan, like they hate smokers. They are all about business, period. They are in my opinion totally out of passion.

I feel KTM prosper right now in this void, they are also business, but feels like they have a lot of passionate people around, but as soon as there's a movement towards smokers, Japan will follow and most likely will beat the competition.

What amazes me is that a company like Husqvarna, that are basically dead in every area, they can't beat any brand despite what they spit out, it's crazy that they don't make a bigger mark in this changing times, producing a full blown next step smoker. When Japan will take up the pace, I think the Euro-brands are in deep shit.

It's like Toyota vs the rest, we all know they build amazing products, BMW, Mercedes etc claim their share based on emotions rather than solid constructions which I think doesn't work in MX. We want to go to the track and practice, and the VORs, Vermattis etc are just pain in the asses to maintain and will be something you speak of, but not practice on. We need practical, which Japan knows how to produce.

Whatever...
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
3/1/2013 10:56am
DrSweden wrote:
There's no strange things going on. Like previously Japan is going to spit out whatever the market craves for, they used to be copy masters, stole...
There's no strange things going on. Like previously Japan is going to spit out whatever the market craves for, they used to be copy masters, stole the European scene during the seventies. If we buy smokers A LOT, they will spit out their refined version at some point, no doubt. There's no evil plan, like they hate smokers. They are all about business, period. They are in my opinion totally out of passion.

I feel KTM prosper right now in this void, they are also business, but feels like they have a lot of passionate people around, but as soon as there's a movement towards smokers, Japan will follow and most likely will beat the competition.

What amazes me is that a company like Husqvarna, that are basically dead in every area, they can't beat any brand despite what they spit out, it's crazy that they don't make a bigger mark in this changing times, producing a full blown next step smoker. When Japan will take up the pace, I think the Euro-brands are in deep shit.

It's like Toyota vs the rest, we all know they build amazing products, BMW, Mercedes etc claim their share based on emotions rather than solid constructions which I think doesn't work in MX. We want to go to the track and practice, and the VORs, Vermattis etc are just pain in the asses to maintain and will be something you speak of, but not practice on. We need practical, which Japan knows how to produce.

Whatever...
I respectfully disagree about Japan's (Honda's) motives. Japan produces a product based on pride and not sales. I would anticipate they would rather pull out of dirt bikes altogether, than sell something they don't want to make, regardless of sales numbers.
DrSweden
3/1/2013 12:29pm
DrSweden wrote:
There's no strange things going on. Like previously Japan is going to spit out whatever the market craves for, they used to be copy masters, stole...

Whatever...
burn1986 wrote:
I respectfully disagree about Japan's (Honda's) motives. Japan produces a product based on pride and not sales. I would anticipate they would rather pull out of...
I respectfully disagree about Japan's (Honda's) motives. Japan produces a product based on pride and not sales. I would anticipate they would rather pull out of dirt bikes altogether, than sell something they don't want to make, regardless of sales numbers.
No problem, I know shit about business, I have this simple view of complex things some times, I figure cash drives people despite race, color or culture. BUTt that country managed to spit out tons of kamikaze pilots during WWII, and my whole logic prolly don't fly towards a group with that approach, spiced with the seppuku, harakiri madness.

So I totally agree with pride might rule over reason?

Time will tell no doubt. I'm pretty happy as it is, with people close by, that I feel more connected to who prosper (meaning Euros) rather than those people that I have zero cultural attachment with.

So what the phuck do I know...
Spartacus
3/1/2013 12:41pm
DrSweden wrote:

Whatever...
burn1986 wrote:
I respectfully disagree about Japan's (Honda's) motives. Japan produces a product based on pride and not sales. I would anticipate they would rather pull out of...
Should we expect an update model of the Zero soon?
RealityCheck
3/1/2013 1:01pm
Heard another rumor to this from a credible source today.......2014 cr250r. With direct injection. Would be super cool if it's true!
zehn wrote:
And it would still get beat by the 4-strokes.
My '02 CR250 with an '00 motor will destroy my big bore '11 CRF250, so unless Honda somehow manages to produce a new bike that is inferior to an 11 year old bike, you're delusional.
Motoxdoc
3/1/2013 1:11pm
I heard they're mounting their motor in the frame sideways and adding a sissy bar....
zehn
3/1/2013 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 1:29pm
My '02 CR250 with an '00 motor will destroy my big bore '11 CRF250, so unless Honda somehow manages to produce a new bike that is...
My '02 CR250 with an '00 motor will destroy my big bore '11 CRF250, so unless Honda somehow manages to produce a new bike that is inferior to an 11 year old bike, you're delusional.
Here's a "reality check" for you:

No one in their right mind would allow a 250 smoker to run against a 250 four-stroke at the Amateur level.

Pro? Now that could get interesting, but again it will never happen.
VET176
3/1/2013 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 1:55pm
zehn wrote:
Here's a "reality check" for you: No one in their right mind would allow a 250 smoker to run against a 250 four-stroke at the Amateur...

No one in their right mind would allow a 250 smoker to run against a 250 four-stroke at the Amateur level.

It happens down under bro. NZ Nationals even run a 125 class FFS.

You guys need to catch up. Laughing
KlootZak
3/1/2013 1:50pm
burn1986 wrote:
I like the world you're dreaming off
gotwings
3/1/2013 2:07pm
Brent wrote:
Honda has stated that it will not produce any more two-stroke engines for any vehicle, period.
Wrong...
peelout
3/1/2013 2:08pm
zehn wrote:
Here's a "reality check" for you: No one in their right mind would allow a 250 smoker to run against a 250 four-stroke at the Amateur...

local associations across the US allow the 250 against the 250f

so what you are saying, is that it's unfair to run a 250t against a 250f, but fair to run a 250t against a 450f?
gotwings
3/1/2013 2:09pm
smeg wrote:
A fuel infected two stroke will have LOWER emissions than a four stroke.
Wrong.....
gotwings
3/1/2013 2:14pm
cmx152 wrote:
They also said they wouldn't go back to single pipe on the 250f but they sneakily managed to switch back
Show me where that was ever said or written anywhere?.....
Pretty sneaky, because they managed to erase any mention of what you're claiming...
Ross_Miller
3/1/2013 2:14pm
should be even cc to cc period, why do the tractors get an advantage on piston size? where I come from we call that cheating if you need a 450 to race 250 2strokes that is.
I am only on pumpkins now and won't go back to jap stuff.
My 150 is so much fun it should almost be illegal.
3/1/2013 2:17pm
I went to my first motocross in Southern California at Pala the other weekend and figured it would be packed. I thought it was funny that the two stroke mini classes were the only classes with a full gate. On the big bikes they could run three classes at a time because there weren't enough riders to fill the gate. I guess everyone was busy at home adjusting their valves.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
3/1/2013 2:38pm
I went to my first motocross in Southern California at Pala the other weekend and figured it would be packed. I thought it was funny that...
I went to my first motocross in Southern California at Pala the other weekend and figured it would be packed. I thought it was funny that the two stroke mini classes were the only classes with a full gate. On the big bikes they could run three classes at a time because there weren't enough riders to fill the gate. I guess everyone was busy at home adjusting their valves.
Bam!! Winner! That is what the fourstroke has done, don't get me wrong, i like riding them just fine, but they have made the sport out of reach for many people cost wise. You go to golden state races, and events that used to have 500 riders or more to not even filling the gates in almost all the classes.
Crush
3/1/2013 2:41pm
My '02 CR250 with an '00 motor will destroy my big bore '11 CRF250, so unless Honda somehow manages to produce a new bike that is...
zehn wrote:

Except in Australia, where it's already happening...
RealityCheck
3/1/2013 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 2:47pm
zehn wrote:

Here's a reality check for you: It's called the AMA rule book. Refer to the amateur competition section. 250 2-strokes have been allowed to race against 250 4-strokes at AMA sanctioned amateur events for several years now.
DrSweden
3/1/2013 2:48pm
I think it's important to address the fun factor. Maybe it's just me and some other old farts, but I'm going to ride the indoor track tomorrow since it's snowy here still (will put the spike tires on though and test outdoor Sunday), and have been doing that a couple of times with my CRFs with the feeling, at least I got some seat time. But now with the tiddler I feel an urge doing so, that I newer felt before (recent years). Its so damn fun riding again. I'm just confused why this issue isn't more adressed since none here aim for a career anyway?

But again, maybe it's just me having those feelings...

Post a reply to: 2014 honda rumor

The Latest