Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 11:32pm
MX1-Roberto González
MX2-Alex Martin
MX3-Phil Nicoletti

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/08/13/2013-mxon-puerto-rico-team
|
50dippin
8/13/2013 10:48pm
team is a joke, id be ashamed to be an american riding for a place ive never even visited
S.Loyer
8/13/2013 11:09pm
Yup, its a joke to say you raced in the worlds most prestige motocross race.
kongols
8/13/2013 11:23pm
50dippin wrote:
team is a joke, id be ashamed to be an american riding for a place ive never even visited
You do know PR is a part of United States of America?
VET176
8/13/2013 11:45pm
50dippin wrote:
kongols wrote:
Any of those 3 have a connection to PR?? Were they born there? parents born there? even grandparents??

Surely they have visited the place right?

The Shop

TMV
8/14/2013 1:07am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 1:07am
50dippin wrote:
kongols wrote:
So us French are allowed to have a Tahiti, Guadeloupe, Martinique and Réunion Team etc, cause that's gonna be a lot?... lol
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
8/14/2013 1:20am
TMV wrote:
So us French are allowed to have a Tahiti, Guadeloupe, Martinique and Réunion Team etc, cause that's gonna be a lot?... lol
Yeah, I never understood hour a TERRITORY can participate in the Motocross of NATIONS. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Nothing against Puerto Rico, but if they are going to participate, it would make sense for the riders to either be from there or be currently living on the island.
jamma10
8/14/2013 1:28am
50dippin wrote:
kongols wrote:
TMV wrote:
Yes please.

Frossard, Boog, Musquin

S.Pourcel, Aubin, Teillet

Potisek, Ferrandis, Febvre
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/14/2013 2:06am
kongols wrote:
TMV wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Yes please.

Frossard, Boog, Musquin

S.Pourcel, Aubin, Teillet

Potisek, Ferrandis, Febvre
C.Pourcel, Aranda, Clermont
Shawn142
8/14/2013 4:23am
I love how this place finds things to complain about that have gone on for nearly a decade. How are you going to blame the team or PR when it's the FIM that allows it to happen? The manager and the team are obviously working within the rules of the system, so maybe you should be more outraged about the real problem?? But that's not the Vital way.
ayearinmx
8/14/2013 4:34am
i think it was Jimmy Albertson who said it best when I spoke to him.... (paraphrasing)

i'm representing the people of puerto rico and giving them a team to support and cheer on, as well getting their little island some exposure

but whatever, lets bash it instead....
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/14/2013 4:42am
still they steal one of 20 spots in the A final (in case they qualify) and reduce the chance to qualify for teams whose riders work hard and have to pay themselves to even be able to travel to the mxon.
oh well usually they dont qualify anyways
IWreckALot
8/14/2013 4:59am
TMV wrote:
bayodome wrote:
Yeah, I never understood hour a TERRITORY can participate in the Motocross of NATIONS. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Nothing against Puerto...
Yeah, I never understood hour a TERRITORY can participate in the Motocross of NATIONS. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Nothing against Puerto Rico, but if they are going to participate, it would make sense for the riders to either be from there or be currently living on the island.
I absolutely agree with this. . . I can't blame the riders for taking a seat rather I blame the powers involved for allowing it.
OKVet
8/14/2013 6:03am
50dippin wrote:
kongols wrote:
TMV wrote:
Sure can, if those places issue a French passport instead of one of their own. Good luck finding enough French riders to make a "B" team that would even qualify to get in the show!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/14/2013 6:09am
kongols wrote:
TMV wrote:
OKVet wrote:
Sure can, if those places issue a French passport instead of one of their own. Good luck finding enough French riders to make a "B" team...
Sure can, if those places issue a French passport instead of one of their own. Good luck finding enough French riders to make a "B" team that would even qualify to get in the show!
I'm pretty sure Musquin Frossard and S Pourcel/C Pourcel/Aranda/Ferrandis would qualify
they could actually beat their A team with a bit of luck
ga_pike
8/14/2013 6:15am
Funny... people seem butt hurt because some US pros get a shot at the MXDN.

Why can we not be excited for these guys? Honestly, it's an opportunity to compete and experience the MXDN for a few guys who otherwise would never realistically get the chance. Could PR send a "better" team? I'm sure they could if they took the next best 3 riders from the US. But I'm stoked for Alex and Phil to have this opportunity to participate and enjoy one of the greatest and most historic events our sport has to offer. That's something most guys will never get the chance to do.
CrashMaster
8/14/2013 6:22am
crusty_xx wrote:
I'm pretty sure Musquin Frossard and S Pourcel/C Pourcel/Aranda/Ferrandis would qualify
they could actually beat their A team with a bit of luck
Man, it would be great to see C.Pourcel back out there racing.
Spooner
8/14/2013 6:39am
I don't know who Roberto is but that's a great opportunity for Filthy and Martin.
jamma10
8/14/2013 6:47am
kongols wrote:
TMV wrote:
OKVet wrote:
Sure can, if those places issue a French passport instead of one of their own. Good luck finding enough French riders to make a "B" team...
I just listed 3 teams that would make the show!
Seb24
8/14/2013 7:07am
S.Loyer wrote:
Yup, its a joke to say you raced in the worlds most prestige motocross race.
Good job showing how ignorant you are an your lack of knowledge Prick
DownSouth
8/14/2013 7:10am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 7:12am
France has done this before by entering a B team under the territory of Andorra.
Seb24
8/14/2013 7:18am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 7:19am
TMV wrote:
bayodome wrote:
Yeah, I never understood hour a TERRITORY can participate in the Motocross of NATIONS. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Nothing against Puerto...
i agreed 100% but i haven't been in the PR mx scene in a long time cos i live in Massachusetts but still i think that PR riders are not that strong to compete in the MXDN, but then again if u look at the PR roster these past years there are two from the states and one from PR, just remembering wen i was 11 years old seen tarah geiger destroy the field against class A every weekend . i dont know how the sport is doing now in island.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/14/2013 7:23am
don't hate the players, hate the game.
Panic_Rev
8/14/2013 7:30am
TMV wrote:
bayodome wrote:
Seb24 wrote:
i agreed 100% but i haven't been in the PR mx scene in a long time cos i live in Massachusetts but still i think that...
i agreed 100% but i haven't been in the PR mx scene in a long time cos i live in Massachusetts but still i think that PR riders are not that strong to compete in the MXDN, but then again if u look at the PR roster these past years there are two from the states and one from PR, just remembering wen i was 11 years old seen tarah geiger destroy the field against class A every weekend . i dont know how the sport is doing now in island.
I traveled there earlier this year. I didn't see one thing that resembled mx, but surfing is strong so they have that going for them.
Seb24
8/14/2013 7:37am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 7:38am
bayodome wrote:
Seb24 wrote:
i agreed 100% but i haven't been in the PR mx scene in a long time cos i live in Massachusetts but still i think that...
Panic_Rev wrote:
I traveled there earlier this year. I didn't see one thing that resembled mx, but surfing is strong so they have that going for them.
well the mx tracks are in the west of puerto rico if u were in the east were the city is an all the tourism then ur not gonna see nothing but then again i haven't ride or race in 12 years so i dont know whats going on mx wise there.
jtomasik
8/14/2013 7:38am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 7:39am
What a joke. The whole national pride thing is turning into kind of a joke itself (unless we want to brag who's running the biggest credit card). Just add 4-6 races to both outdoor series, combine FIM and AMA in those races, and make the points count for each series. Like I really give a shit that our nation of 300+ million can populate a better team than a nation of 10 million. That sure proves a lot. Duh.

Puerto Rico.....fuggin' hilarious.
BobbyM
8/14/2013 7:39am
50dippin wrote:
kongols wrote:
VET176 wrote:
Any of those 3 have a connection to PR?? Were they born there? parents born there? even grandparents??

Surely they have visited the place right?
they all pulled a train on j lo?
Panic_Rev
8/14/2013 7:40am
Seb24 wrote:
Panic_Rev wrote:
Seb24 wrote:
well the mx tracks are in the west of puerto rico if u were in the east were the city is an all the tourism then...
well the mx tracks are in the west of puerto rico if u were in the east were the city is an all the tourism then ur not gonna see nothing but then again i haven't ride or race in 12 years so i dont know whats going on mx wise there.
I stayed in Rincon.
Seb24
8/14/2013 7:43am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2013 7:48am
Panic_Rev wrote:
Seb24 wrote:
well the mx tracks are in the west of puerto rico if u were in the east were the city is an all the tourism then...
Panic_Rev wrote:
I stayed in Rincon.
well u were in the west but like i said i dont know anything seen 12 years ago back then they were atleast 7 or less champions ship tracks in the west not counting of course private tracks.
Seb24
8/14/2013 7:47am
jtomasik wrote:
What a joke. The whole national pride thing is turning into kind of a joke itself (unless we want to brag who's running the biggest credit...
What a joke. The whole national pride thing is turning into kind of a joke itself (unless we want to brag who's running the biggest credit card). Just add 4-6 races to both outdoor series, combine FIM and AMA in those races, and make the points count for each series. Like I really give a shit that our nation of 300+ million can populate a better team than a nation of 10 million. That sure proves a lot. Duh.

Puerto Rico.....fuggin' hilarious.
its not our fault its just business and the team manager of PR team is a big business man so i guess hes the one that been pulling this for years, my opinion i dont care about the whole PR team i just cheer for the guys that are underated in the AMA that can get a spot in the team thats all no need to diss the island.
Camp332
8/14/2013 8:00am
Just checking to make sure people were complaining about stuff in this thread.

Cool Bro's

Post a reply to: 2013 Team Puerto Rico Announced

The Latest