2013 KX450 Mapping

Junebug833
Edited Date/Time 10/15/2014 8:40pm
Hey guys I'm new on here and just had a question about the Kawasaki calibration kit that you can buy. I am running a full Pro Circuit Ti-5 and run VP U4.4. After speaking with Pro Circuit on the phone they recommend that I get the bike remapped for the fuel and the pipe so that I can get the most out of both. I have a person that has all of the software for the kit but does not have the wires for it. Can I buy the wires separate or do I have to buy the whole kit?

Thanks
|
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:05pm
Junebug833 wrote:
Hey guys I'm new on here and just had a question about the Kawasaki calibration kit that you can buy. I am running a full Pro...
Hey guys I'm new on here and just had a question about the Kawasaki calibration kit that you can buy. I am running a full Pro Circuit Ti-5 and run VP U4.4. After speaking with Pro Circuit on the phone they recommend that I get the bike remapped for the fuel and the pipe so that I can get the most out of both. I have a person that has all of the software for the kit but does not have the wires for it. Can I buy the wires separate or do I have to buy the whole kit?

Thanks
Not sure about the part, i sent my ecu to tokyo mods , works great, quick turn around. remap and renegade sx4.
Trent179
10/15/2014 6:11pm
The U4.4 sucked in my 13 kawi 450. I said F it and went back to pump.
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:15pm
Junebug833 wrote:
Hey guys I'm new on here and just had a question about the Kawasaki calibration kit that you can buy. I am running a full Pro...

Thanks
mxb2 wrote:
Not sure about the part, i sent my ecu to tokyo mods , works great, quick turn around. remap and renegade sx4.
Can you tell a noticeable difference in how the bike runs now compared to before you sent it out?
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:19pm
Trent179 wrote:
I started out with pump gas because that's what the guy at the dealership told me to run and it didn't like it. It was always hard to start and then when it did it didn't really want to keep running and it would blow out black smoke and left a residue on the inside of the exhaust so I talked to the guys at VP and told them my setup and they said that u4.4 was the best fuel for my application and it has ran flawlessly ever since but I just want to get it mapped for the fuel and the exhaust

The Shop

mxb2
10/15/2014 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2014 6:24pm
Junebug833 wrote:

Thanks
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
Can you tell a noticeable difference in how the bike runs now compared to before you sent it out?
yes it helped, tokyo mods did a great job, the fuel probably helped, and the moto tassanari air boot, screenless air cage, i did all at once, big difference. hope that helps. and the remap helps with starting also.
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:23pm
Trent179 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
I started out with pump gas because that's what the guy at the dealership told me to run and it didn't like it. It was always...
I started out with pump gas because that's what the guy at the dealership told me to run and it didn't like it. It was always hard to start and then when it did it didn't really want to keep running and it would blow out black smoke and left a residue on the inside of the exhaust so I talked to the guys at VP and told them my setup and they said that u4.4 was the best fuel for my application and it has ran flawlessly ever since but I just want to get it mapped for the fuel and the exhaust
pump gas with ethanol is not friendy to efi bikes. vp or renegade is great fuel, not cheap, but neither is mx.
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
yes it helped, tokyo mods did a great job, the fuel probably helped, and the moto tassanari air boot, screenless air cage, i did all at...
yes it helped, tokyo mods did a great job, the fuel probably helped, and the moto tassanari air boot, screenless air cage, i did all at once, big difference. hope that helps. and the remap helps with starting also.
How did you take out the screen? I have trying to find info on how to do that but I can't find anything. What does the air boot do?
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
pump gas with ethanol is not friendy to efi bikes. vp or renegade is great fuel, not cheap, but neither is mx.
Yeah that's no lie there. $90 for 5 gallons adds up pretty quick haha
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:29pm
mxb2 wrote:
yes it helped, tokyo mods did a great job, the fuel probably helped, and the moto tassanari air boot, screenless air cage, i did all at...
Junebug833 wrote:
How did you take out the screen? I have trying to find info on how to do that but I can't find anything. What does the...
How did you take out the screen? I have trying to find info on how to do that but I can't find anything. What does the air boot do?
pro circuit,no toil, twin air sell kits , no screen, kawys are a pain, and the air boot helps the whole power band, bike rips, also fmf rct 4.1 megabomb on it.
2b
10/15/2014 6:30pm
cost 40$ for 5 gallons of pump gas here in NZ, cant imagine what race fuel would cost Sad
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:30pm
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
Yeah that's no lie there. $90 for 5 gallons adds up pretty quick haha
not cheap, but a sealed can u know what your getting, pump gas is a crap shoot
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
not cheap, but a sealed can u know what your getting, pump gas is a crap shoot
Yeah that's true. I was going to buy a 55 gallon drum of it but the guy told me not to do that because the fuel would lose its oxygenation? Sound right?
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:35pm
2b wrote:
cost 40$ for 5 gallons of pump gas here in NZ, cant imagine what race fuel would cost Sad
Shocked that's ridiculous! You would have to take out a loan to run race fuel regularly!!!
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:38pm
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
How did you take out the screen? I have trying to find info on how to do that but I can't find anything. What does the...
mxb2 wrote:
pro circuit,no toil, twin air sell kits , no screen, kawys are a pain, and the air boot helps the whole power band, bike rips, also...
pro circuit,no toil, twin air sell kits , no screen, kawys are a pain, and the air boot helps the whole power band, bike rips, also fmf rct 4.1 megabomb on it.
Ooooo you have to buy a kit to do it...I Had a 06 CRF250r and you could just take a flat head screwdriver and lift up the tabs and pop it out...guess it's not that easy anymore...
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:39pm
Of course fresh fuel is best, but a sealed can will be good for at least a year. store in cool dark place,off the ground. i buy 5 gallon palss, easier to store and transport, but the bigger drums are cheaper.
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:41pm
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
pro circuit,no toil, twin air sell kits , no screen, kawys are a pain, and the air boot helps the whole power band, bike rips, also...
Junebug833 wrote:
Ooooo you have to buy a kit to do it...I Had a 06 CRF250r and you could just take a flat head screwdriver and lift up...
Ooooo you have to buy a kit to do it...I Had a 06 CRF250r and you could just take a flat head screwdriver and lift up the tabs and pop it out...guess it's not that easy anymore...
crf is the easiest of the bikes. yep , pull tabs back, remove. , kawy not so easy, rmz i use rm 250 cage.
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:43pm
mxb2 wrote:
Of course fresh fuel is best, but a sealed can will be good for at least a year. store in cool dark place,off the ground. i...
Of course fresh fuel is best, but a sealed can will be good for at least a year. store in cool dark place,off the ground. i buy 5 gallon palss, easier to store and transport, but the bigger drums are cheaper.
I live in northeast Ohio so it's not really ever scorching hot. My garage stays pretty cool. would you recommend draining the fuel out of the tank for the winter months since it won't be ridden?
Junebug833
10/15/2014 6:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
Ooooo you have to buy a kit to do it...I Had a 06 CRF250r and you could just take a flat head screwdriver and lift up...
mxb2 wrote:
crf is the easiest of the bikes. yep , pull tabs back, remove. , kawy not so easy, rmz i use rm 250 cage.
Yeah I'll have to check on those kits...have you ever had any trouble with your bike running hot while riding?
mxb2
10/15/2014 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2014 7:01pm
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
Yeah I'll have to check on those kits...have you ever had any trouble with your bike running hot while riding?
so far so good, on all them, i m in ohio also, by mx213, flymx, 1.5 hrs from briar cliff, and malvern. , what tracks you by? shoot me a email Wgoske@yahoo.com i can giv u more bike , fuel info or #301-801-1987 billy
mxb2
10/15/2014 7:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
Of course fresh fuel is best, but a sealed can will be good for at least a year. store in cool dark place,off the ground. i...
Junebug833 wrote:
I live in northeast Ohio so it's not really ever scorching hot. My garage stays pretty cool. would you recommend draining the fuel out of the...
I live in northeast Ohio so it's not really ever scorching hot. My garage stays pretty cool. would you recommend draining the fuel out of the tank for the winter months since it won't be ridden?
drain it, or every couple weeks , take it out and click thru some gears , keep fluids going.
Junebug833
10/15/2014 7:05pm
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
so far so good, on all them, i m in ohio also, by mx213, flymx, 1.5 hrs from briar cliff, and malvern. , what tracks you...
so far so good, on all them, i m in ohio also, by mx213, flymx, 1.5 hrs from briar cliff, and malvern. , what tracks you by? shoot me a email Wgoske@yahoo.com i can giv u more bike , fuel info or #301-801-1987 billy
I live like 1.5 hours from briarcliff. I live like 20 minutes away from malvern!
Brent
10/15/2014 7:11pm
I couldn't get the backfire screen out of my KXF easily at all, it is one of the toughest, so I just bought a twin air cage without a screen. I does help it breathe a lot better.
mxb2
10/15/2014 7:15pm
Brent wrote:
I couldn't get the backfire screen out of my KXF easily at all, it is one of the toughest, so I just bought a twin air...
I couldn't get the backfire screen out of my KXF easily at all, it is one of the toughest, so I just bought a twin air cage without a screen. I does help it breathe a lot better.
x2, this^^„ no toil.makes a cheaper kit also. kawy is a tough one.
mxb2
10/15/2014 7:16pm
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
so far so good, on all them, i m in ohio also, by mx213, flymx, 1.5 hrs from briar cliff, and malvern. , what tracks you...
Junebug833 wrote:
I live like 1.5 hours from briarcliff. I live like 20 minutes away from malvern!
sick, hit my cell if you have any questions.
Junebug833
10/15/2014 7:31pm
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
sick, hit my cell if you have any questions.
Thanks man I appreciate it!
Junebug833
10/15/2014 7:32pm
Brent wrote:
I couldn't get the backfire screen out of my KXF easily at all, it is one of the toughest, so I just bought a twin air...
mxb2 wrote:
Do you to take the subframe off to take the screen out??
mxb2
10/15/2014 7:48pm
Brent wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
Yes , I did, because i was greasing bike, and sending out suspension and adding parts anyway.
Junebug833
10/15/2014 7:58pm
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Yes , I did, because i was greasing bike, and sending out suspension and adding parts anyway.
Man I wish I would've known about that kit...I just had my subframe off when I sent my suspension out.
mxb2
10/15/2014 8:40pm
Junebug833 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Junebug833 wrote:
Man I wish I would've known about that kit...I just had my subframe off when I sent my suspension out.
Makes it easier, next time you grease or get suspension serviced, is the best time imo.

Post a reply to: 2013 KX450 Mapping

The Latest