2013 1/2 YZ450 coming in the spring?

837wills
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2013 8:54pm
From Ping via twitter
David Pingree ‏@davidpingree
Yamaha planning to release an all-new 2013 1/2 model 450 in spring of next year? Heard it from a couple people now. #limitededition

ANYONE got any more info on this?
|
newmann
8/2/2012 5:10pm
Probably be raced in the 2013 SX series by one or two people since it won't be available to the general public and not required to be homologated until the series is over. And doesn't require any works bike exemption either. The AMA and their production rule is awesome! Sure does level the playing field for the "have nots".Whistling
dboivin
8/2/2012 5:30pm
you watch, it will be a WR modified for MX. standard 450 stuffed into their 250f frame. That new WR is getting solid reviews isn't it?
8/2/2012 6:40pm
When are they going to drop the 5 valve head?. None of their road bikes have it.

Note: I just bought a yz250f. Happy 50th to me!
DownSouth
8/2/2012 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2012 7:01pm
unknownmxr wrote:
When are they going to drop the 5 valve head?. None of their road bikes have it. Note: I just bought a yz250f. Happy 50th to...
When are they going to drop the 5 valve head?. None of their road bikes have it.

They dropped the 5 valve head on the YZ450 starting with the 2010 backwards engine model.

The WR still uses the older style 5 valve engine.

The Shop

Hando
8/2/2012 7:04pm
Ping said it? lol

JUst like he said Suzuki was bringing smokers back to the US
smrscott
8/2/2012 7:10pm
My plan worked - You tell a few people about rumored new technology and BOOM - it spreads across the web like wild fire.

OK, here is the skinny, the 2014 YZ450 is going to have a forward cylinder, twin exhaust ports with dual headers and twin mufflers. The frame is going to by a hybrid alloy/carbon matrix composite combo. The bike is said to put out 60hp at the rear wheel and will be available in several colors, old school Euro White/Red, 70s US Yellow/black and Blue. Suspension is said to be an air/oil (springless) three chamber system front and rear with speed-sensitive computer-controlled valving via a small micro computer powered by the ignition. The shock is a floating linkless system that no longer needs a mechanical progressive link since the computer will control all aspects of valving and speed control. It will be the lightest 450 or some say it might be a between 375-449cc, they are testing several different versions. Wet weight with no fuel on the test mules is around right around 219lbs. Fuel injection is direct port with two injectors directing fuel vapor micro-mist directly into the combustion chamber. The computer also has programmed in traction control with 10 different settings on the fly. If the bike comes out mid-year or early-release 2014, the public will be blown away by its space-age looking design. The bike is so advanced it nearly rides itself. 2013 and a half - heck, if a bike comes out in May, it is only 3-months sooner than standard releases. Sorry, that is all of the information I could get from the cocktail napkin I dug out of the trash can near a bar by Yamaha. I went down to my dealer and I put my name on the list 30 minutes ago- "he said what list" then I said START ONE FOR F's SAKE, I want to be first on it.
mattmatt300
8/2/2012 7:12pm
Has nobody else figured out what this really means? Villopoto edition yz that will release mid year a la ktm/dungey. This most likely means RV is signed and sealed to JGR.
Kawasaki572
8/2/2012 7:16pm
smrscott wrote:
My plan worked - You tell a few people about rumored new technology and BOOM - it spreads across the web like wild fire. OK, here...
My plan worked - You tell a few people about rumored new technology and BOOM - it spreads across the web like wild fire.

OK, here is the skinny, the 2014 YZ450 is going to have a forward cylinder, twin exhaust ports with dual headers and twin mufflers. The frame is going to by a hybrid alloy/carbon matrix composite combo. The bike is said to put out 60hp at the rear wheel and will be available in several colors, old school Euro White/Red, 70s US Yellow/black and Blue. Suspension is said to be an air/oil (springless) three chamber system front and rear with speed-sensitive computer-controlled valving via a small micro computer powered by the ignition. The shock is a floating linkless system that no longer needs a mechanical progressive link since the computer will control all aspects of valving and speed control. It will be the lightest 450 or some say it might be a between 375-449cc, they are testing several different versions. Wet weight with no fuel on the test mules is around right around 219lbs. Fuel injection is direct port with two injectors directing fuel vapor micro-mist directly into the combustion chamber. The computer also has programmed in traction control with 10 different settings on the fly. If the bike comes out mid-year or early-release 2014, the public will be blown away by its space-age looking design. The bike is so advanced it nearly rides itself. 2013 and a half - heck, if a bike comes out in May, it is only 3-months sooner than standard releases. Sorry, that is all of the information I could get from the cocktail napkin I dug out of the trash can near a bar by Yamaha. I went down to my dealer and I put my name on the list 30 minutes ago- "he said what list" then I said START ONE FOR F's SAKE, I want to be first on it.
Sounds legit.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
8/2/2012 7:26pm
Has nobody else figured out what this really means? Villopoto edition yz that will release mid year a la ktm/dungey. This most likely means RV is...
Has nobody else figured out what this really means? Villopoto edition yz that will release mid year a la ktm/dungey. This most likely means RV is signed and sealed to JGR.
Interesting observation
weasel49
8/2/2012 7:35pm
I just picked up a leftover 11 yz450f and I really don't understand why the bike is hated. Besides the noise of the airbox I think it's pretty good. If JS won in 10, 11 or 12 on it would everyone still say it's a stink bug ?
machine
8/2/2012 7:42pm
weasel49 wrote:
I just picked up a leftover 11 yz450f and I really don't understand why the bike is hated. Besides the noise of the airbox I think...
I just picked up a leftover 11 yz450f and I really don't understand why the bike is hated. Besides the noise of the airbox I think it's pretty good. If JS won in 10, 11 or 12 on it would everyone still say it's a stink bug ?
maybe your speed overcomes it's inadequacies.
Xsenter
8/2/2012 7:56pm
weasel49 wrote:
I just picked up a leftover 11 yz450f and I really don't understand why the bike is hated. Besides the noise of the airbox I think...
Exactly ! The Stewart situation has alot to do with the current bashing of the bike !
weasel49
8/2/2012 8:25pm
Magazines from day one said the bike was good. A lot of riders have done pretty good on it and some rider did better on it before they switched to something else this year.. The airbox noise does bug me but I will get use to it...
steve_97060
8/2/2012 8:48pm
yeah, it's not like 7 lost the front end and got hurt on another bike or anything..
zombieland
8/2/2012 10:41pm
837wills wrote:
From Ping via twitter David Pingree ‏@davidpingree Yamaha planning to release an all-new 2013 1/2 model 450 in spring of next year? Heard it from a...
From Ping via twitter
David Pingree ‏@davidpingree
Yamaha planning to release an all-new 2013 1/2 model 450 in spring of next year? Heard it from a couple people now. #limitededition

ANYONE got any more info on this?
I would bet ping is right on this , It just makes sence , He is right more than wrong ..
jeffro503
8/2/2012 10:53pm
The X-files attendance in this thread is astounding to say the least.
Big
8/3/2012 12:19am
smrscott wrote:
My plan worked - You tell a few people about rumored new technology and BOOM - it spreads across the web like wild fire. OK, here...

Smoking Kills.
Big
8/3/2012 12:26am
dboivin wrote:
you watch, it will be a WR modified for MX. standard 450 stuffed into their 250f frame. That new WR is getting solid reviews isn't it?
Veteran World champ Mats Nilsson racing one long time now. He's been racing Yamas 10 year for sure. He rather change to 250 class then ride the "new" 450. Solution....building a 250/450 with "old" frame. He is maybe Swedens best testrider and refuse to race it as much as Stewart.
smrscott
8/3/2012 1:08am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2012 1:10am
I have a load of friends that love their YZ450s, I am not a big fan but the bike is not bad, it is just not for me. Some like pie, some like cake, some like blonds, some like red heads.

And FYI, IF Yamaha is working a new bike, which they and all of the OEMs are, if they do an early release of a 2014 in order to race the Nationals, that is what? 9-10 months away and only 3 or so months before all of the the other OEMs will be releasing their '14 bikes. If they want to race supercross on the bike, then they have to play the game KTM did and have 200 bikes in showrooms by March 1st and another 200 by May 1st. Hell Zundapp, CZ and Hodaka might also be working on early release 2014 motocrossers.
motomike137
8/3/2012 4:04am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2012 4:05am
I love that they have gotten this bad rep... I bought a super low hour used 2011 off a guy with a Yosh pipe for half what a new one would cost! I admit I am a Yamaha guy from way back but honestly there is nothing wrong with these bikes. The funniest part of all this conjecture is that the "backwards engine" is a issue... I had one guy try to tell me that the motor actually runs backwards...lol. I think if anything they may need to bring the motor back forward a skosh in the frame (which many of us accomplish with the relocation kits) and tune on the frame a little. Having the pipe out of harms way and the filter in a location that lends itself to staying cleaner are both plusses in my book. I love mine!
newmann
8/3/2012 5:48am
weasel49 wrote:
machine wrote:
Or in my case, the lack of speed fails to bring out its inadequacies. lol
DrSweden
12/5/2012 3:43pm
Doesn't matter if the present YZ450F is good or not, it's dead for the market. I have newer heard a bike recent year get so much shit. I don't believe its really bad, or that average joe would really notice the negatives, but it's just like the KTM no linkage thing, it's impossible to reverse the nay sayers. I feel Stewart lack of performance on pushed it over the cliff. Again, nothing wrong with the bike, but in a emotional guided market, right or wrong goes short against a wide spread rumor.

I doubt the new Yamaha will be as amazing as the above, but they will make sure it's really different from the present version, but I picture they will play it real safe this time and don't do another mistake by trying to reinvent the wheel.

But what the hell do I know?
julienmark
12/6/2012 2:34am
I dont understand why there is some talk about the motor reverting back to the old design?

From what i see the motor and configuration is fine, maybe it needs a chassis rethink or so most people think.
Add some KYB air forks, and trim a bit of fat.

This would be realistic, and quite plausable, a 2013 1/2 model, why not, it only has to be 3 months ealier release than this years.
mx1234
12/6/2012 3:34am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2012 3:36am
We will see in the japan motocross 2013
sixfiftythree
Fantasy
67th
12/6/2012 4:36am
I love that they have gotten this bad rep... I bought a super low hour used 2011 off a guy with a Yosh pipe for half...
I love that they have gotten this bad rep... I bought a super low hour used 2011 off a guy with a Yosh pipe for half what a new one would cost! I admit I am a Yamaha guy from way back but honestly there is nothing wrong with these bikes. The funniest part of all this conjecture is that the "backwards engine" is a issue... I had one guy try to tell me that the motor actually runs backwards...lol. I think if anything they may need to bring the motor back forward a skosh in the frame (which many of us accomplish with the relocation kits) and tune on the frame a little. Having the pipe out of harms way and the filter in a location that lends itself to staying cleaner are both plusses in my book. I love mine!
x2
IWreckALot
12/6/2012 4:56am
unknownmxr wrote:
When are they going to drop the 5 valve head?. None of their road bikes have it. Note: I just bought a yz250f. Happy 50th to...

DownSouth wrote:
They dropped the 5 valve head on the YZ450 starting with the 2010 backwards engine model.

The WR still uses the older style 5 valve engine.
Just curious what you meant by the 5th valve design comment? Is the 5th valve a bad design in your opinion? I have an 08 and they had the 5 valve design. I can't say that I hit the rev limiter very often but It's run 4 and a half years now without any issue. Starts like a champ and power is still great. It is all bone stock.
motomike137
12/6/2012 5:35am
IWreckALot wrote:
Just curious what you meant by the 5th valve design comment? Is the 5th valve a bad design in your opinion? I have an 08 and...
Just curious what you meant by the 5th valve design comment? Is the 5th valve a bad design in your opinion? I have an 08 and they had the 5 valve design. I can't say that I hit the rev limiter very often but It's run 4 and a half years now without any issue. Starts like a champ and power is still great. It is all bone stock.
Actually the 5 valve head was a great design and contributed to the longevity of the valves becauses they were smaller and used lighter springs. I think that they found on the larger motors though that the 5 valve layout limits/complicates options from a head mod and motor building stand point (don't flame me for my basic knowledge or lack thereof...lol).
Panic_Rev
3/17/2013 6:37pm
anything new on this? dealer show is around the corner.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/17/2013 6:46pm
weasel49 wrote:
machine wrote:
newmann wrote:
Or in my case, the lack of speed fails to bring out its inadequacies. lol
Pretty sure that is what he was saying. Funny stuff right there.

Post a reply to: 2013 1/2 YZ450 coming in the spring?

The Latest