200th Pulpmx Show Archive w Watson, Keefer, Preston, Lindsey & JT is up

Matthes
Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 4:01pm
200 shows? What happened? Anyways, you can get it HERE or on the Pulpmx App, iTunes, Stitcher, etc..
|
hvaughn88
2/10/2015 11:51am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 12:42pm
Wow, that was an interesting show. I thought someone was gonna need CPR at some point.

Edit: just listened to the guy from Canada that called in, that was effing hilarious! "12 degrees Celsius...you do the math"
enketchum
2/10/2015 12:55pm
The canadian voicemail was great. I was looking forward to harsher Kenny and Paul fights
moto0852
2/10/2015 1:41pm
It made me grateful Paul is not on the show anymore. Talk about being out of touch with reality!
tprice07
2/10/2015 1:42pm
moto0852 wrote:
It made me grateful Paul is not on the show anymore. Talk about being out of touch with reality!
Yea I haven't listened to the entire show yet, but he doesn't add anything to the show for me..

The Shop

tprice07
2/10/2015 2:02pm
I had to stop listening.

jeff
How far did you get? I'm 3 hours 20 minutes in and it started to finally pickup..otherwise...I don't get why the show was hyped up so much. Sorry Steve, I expected the 200th show to be something incredible like James Stewart, RV, RC, Pastrana, Cairoli, McGrath......oh well.
Chain Torque
2/10/2015 2:15pm
I got to Feld is the Devil / Saviour battle between Steve and Paul. I dont find listening to two people argue very entertaining. It's was very Jerry Springer. Usually love the show. This is the first episode I've ever just stopped listening to.

jeff
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/10/2015 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 3:09pm
I got to Feld is the Devil / Saviour battle between Steve and Paul. I dont find listening to two people argue very entertaining. It's was...
I got to Feld is the Devil / Saviour battle between Steve and Paul. I dont find listening to two people argue very entertaining. It's was very Jerry Springer. Usually love the show. This is the first episode I've ever just stopped listening to.

jeff
I'm pretty sure Matthes used a tweet of mine, misconstrued it, and used it to get a reaction out of Reed for the post race interview..... I'm not happy. All anyone in the industry talks about is trolls and people on message boards being stupid. They ignore the 95% of sane people and then amplify the dumbest 5%, best of all they bitch that people are stupid. SMH

And here it seemed like he twisted my words to fit the image of twitter villians.... or maybe someone actually said what he told Reed, who knows....
Crush
2/10/2015 2:48pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Matthes used a tweet of mine, misconstrued it, and used it to get a reaction out of Reed for the post race interview...
I'm pretty sure Matthes used a tweet of mine, misconstrued it, and used it to get a reaction out of Reed for the post race interview..... I'm not happy. All anyone in the industry talks about is trolls and people on message boards being stupid. They ignore the 95% of sane people and then amplify the dumbest 5%, best of all they bitch that people are stupid. SMH

And here it seemed like he twisted my words to fit the image of twitter villians.... or maybe someone actually said what he told Reed, who knows....
This one?

@pulpmx this is apparently what you do after parking your teammate/employee fir the heat win? pic.twitter.com/Ym6UY49bux

— Grant Rivard (@MxKing809) February 8, 2015

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/10/2015 2:55pm
Yeah, more sarcasm than anything.... and disbelief that he tangled when they both were in solid spots
2/10/2015 4:03pm
I only made it to Sinjin, calling in. Had to turn it off. I usually just listen the next day so I can fast forward through that clown show..
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/10/2015 6:28pm
tprice07 wrote:
Why not put some pros on the air?? Oh well wasn't as bad as Talkin' Moto haha here is the interview they referenced: [url=http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/talkin-moto-podcast-2/talkin-moto-podcast/e/talkin-moto-podcast-interview-with-broc-tickle-34689084]Broc Tickle Talkin...
Why not put some pros on the air??

Oh well wasn't as bad as Talkin' Moto haha here is the interview they referenced: Broc Tickle Talkin Moto
Yeah, kinda anticlimactic for all the build up.... but whatever, its a free show about moto!!!!!
MotoMo165
2/10/2015 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 6:44pm
I thought the show was great, listen live every week and again throughout the week. hahaha yeah Paul sounds a little... dumb.

@MxKing
"They ignore the 95% of sane people and then amplify the dumbest 5%, best of all they bitch that people are stupid" hahahaha yes. Did they even go to college :b
Flex
2/10/2015 7:04pm
Loved the show!!!

Guests were all great!!!
enketchum
2/11/2015 7:28am
I realized after reading this thread that I don't listen to the show for the interviews with riders. The interviews are boring to me. I like the witty banter between Matthes and the rest of the people in studio. It has become familiar and that makes me feel good when I listen to it.

It's like a morning radio show. Do you listen to 105.1 MORNING ZOO to hear them interview dumb celebrities about their terrible upcoming movies? No. I listen to hear them read funny shit and argue with each other about the weather.

If you want a show about results, call 1-900-INF-MOTO
2/11/2015 9:58am
I feel bad saying this because it seems like Paul is a nice guy. But he is just not cut out for media work. He is uninteresting and inflammatory about stupid shit. Sorry, Paul. I does hope he lands a new gig somewhere in the pits though. He's paid his dues in the sport: I just don't want to listen him. Only Nerd hurts worse.
KGAspeed
2/11/2015 12:07pm
I'm listening to bits and pieces of it today while working. I am a fairly recent listener and enjoy the show now with Keefer and others. Watson was my primary reason for not listening prior; his sporadic appearances are ok now but I'm not a fan of the guy, from personal dealings.

I'm sure Paul is a nice guy and he surely has a lot of experience in the trenches, but as someone said above, maybe he's just too emotionally attached to the sport and he just doesn't fit as a person behind the mic. He was terrible and I just fast-forwarded through a lot of the show. I don't see any value in having him on.

Congrats on 200 Matthes - you're doing a good thing.
enketchum
2/11/2015 12:38pm
Was Cold Calling Gothic the only real guest they had on the phone? Except for JT who is always on the phone?
Darryl916
2/11/2015 12:50pm
tprice07 wrote:
Why not put some pros on the air?? Oh well wasn't as bad as Talkin' Moto haha here is the interview they referenced: [url=http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/talkin-moto-podcast-2/talkin-moto-podcast/e/talkin-moto-podcast-interview-with-broc-tickle-34689084]Broc Tickle Talkin...

Oh well wasn't as bad as Talkin' Moto haha here is the interview they referenced: Broc Tickle Talkin Moto
Wow, that's dry. Sounds like the Visine commercial guy
Flex
2/11/2015 12:54pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Matthes used a tweet of mine, misconstrued it, and used it to get a reaction out of Reed for the post race interview...

Crush wrote:
This one?

@pulpmx this is apparently what you do after parking your teammate/employee fir the heat win? pic.twitter.com/Ym6UY49bux

— Grant Rivard (@MxKing809) February 8, 2015

Matthes said exactly what mxking said so I personally don't see the issue
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
2/11/2015 1:13pm
Flex wrote:
Matthes said exactly what mxking said so I personally don't see the issue
I thought the same thing! Don't get the guys bitc*ing.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/11/2015 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2015 10:34am
I never claimed he "celebrated" the win. Huge difference. My tweet was a rhetorical quip about wrecking your teammate/employee and knowing the moment... but it was framed in a way that would get a reaction out of Reed. I don't think that was fair to anyone involved
mxgoon
2/11/2015 1:41pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I never claimed he "celebrated" the win. Huge difference. My tweet was a rhetorical quip about wrecking your teammate/employee and knowing the moment... but it was...
I never claimed he "celebrated" the win. Huge difference. My tweet was a rhetorical quip about wrecking your teammate/employee and knowing the moment... but it was framed in a way that would get a reaction out of Reed. I don't think that was fair to anyone involved
So you wrote something sarcastic in text and expected the reader to take it in the correct context.

Good one!
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/11/2015 1:49pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I never claimed he "celebrated" the win. Huge difference. My tweet was a rhetorical quip about wrecking your teammate/employee and knowing the moment... but it was...
mxgoon wrote:
So you wrote something sarcastic in text and expected the reader to take it in the correct context.

Good one!
It was embilished, all there is to it.
Crush
2/11/2015 3:45pm
Goon has a point tho... Face-value spoken and any of the many possible interpretations of it read–lot of space in between.
tprice07
2/12/2015 8:39am
tprice07 wrote:

Darryl916 wrote:
Wow, that's dry. Sounds like the Visine commercial guy
Haha, very painful to listen to......

I just listened to DMXS with Carmichael, which had a lot of great stuff...including some inside info into Dungy/Roczen and their "swap" I would call it from RC Farm to Bakery and Bakery to RC Farm.

Then they went into McElrath....holy crap that guy was boring for radio haha. The best part was their intro of him haha. I do feel bad because the guy can ride a bike but we can't expect everyone to be an AC, RC or JS in interviews...
2/17/2015 11:28am
Finally caught up with this one. Why Steve kept bringing up the $300 million purchase price and didn't mention that value was far and away for the Monster Jam end made it seem like he was trying to get fired up on purpose.
Matthes
2/17/2015 2:24pm
Finally caught up with this one. Why Steve kept bringing up the $300 million purchase price and didn't mention that value was far and away for...
Finally caught up with this one. Why Steve kept bringing up the $300 million purchase price and didn't mention that value was far and away for the Monster Jam end made it seem like he was trying to get fired up on purpose.
Pretty sure I said a few times that the majority of the purchase price was for Monster Jam but SX was still worth a significant amount.
2/17/2015 4:01pm
Maybe once. The $300 million was brought up over and over.

I just think it's throwing fuel on the fire for all those that scream "Feld screws over the riders!" And they don't understand everything that goes in to it.

Post a reply to: 200th Pulpmx Show Archive w Watson, Keefer, Preston, Lindsey & JT is up

The Latest