2009 MX season..

Big Lenny
7/26/2009 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:24pm
Will go down as the "Watered Down Season" in my book, the racing stinks, the top guns are out,, and in order to save face, the tracks are smooth enough to ride a skateboard around in order to make the comp closer and have everybody going the same speed. Whatever happened to the rough tracks that would separate, speed, skill and balls?...
|
ridge
7/26/2009 11:06pm
I think it's a good season, especially with the rise of Grant! It seems like a few guys are gaining more confidence when they are racing for a win instead of second place.

I'm not kissing your ass or anything, but I miss watching Bubba work his magic on the outdoor tracks. It's way more exciting to me than watching him race on a supercross track.
Big Lenny
7/26/2009 11:08pm
ridge wrote:
I think it's a good season, especially with the rise of Grant! It seems like a few guys are gaining more confidence when they are racing...
I think it's a good season, especially with the rise of Grant! It seems like a few guys are gaining more confidence when they are racing for a win instead of second place.

I'm not kissing your ass or anything, but I miss watching Bubba work his magic on the outdoor tracks. It's way more exciting to me than watching him race on a supercross track.
Grants cool, but WTF happened this weekend?, Oh yeah, did you ever call Major?...
motokawi818
7/26/2009 11:12pm
idk about you guys but the 250 class is awesome this year. Every person in that class seems like there pinned the whole entire moto
ridge
7/26/2009 11:14pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Grants cool, but WTF happened this weekend?, Oh yeah, did you ever call Major?...
Grant sure didn't show his true speed, did he? I told my dad (watched the race with him) that Grant was gone and this moto was his. Oooops! Reed wouldn't have caught him otherwise.

No, I didn't call Major. I flaked a little on that one. I've been going through some stuff and haven't exactly felt too upbeat. When I get like that I don't like to be a bummer so I just kinda keep to myself.

The Shop

Big Lenny
7/26/2009 11:16pm
idk about you guys but the 250 class is awesome this year. Every person in that class seems like there pinned the whole entire moto
Oh the 250's are off the chain...I'm lovin' that...
HuskyEd
7/26/2009 11:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2009 11:21pm
ridge wrote:
Grant sure didn't show his true speed, did he? I told my dad (watched the race with him) that Grant was gone and this moto was...
Grant sure didn't show his true speed, did he? I told my dad (watched the race with him) that Grant was gone and this moto was his. Oooops! Reed wouldn't have caught him otherwise.

No, I didn't call Major. I flaked a little on that one. I've been going through some stuff and haven't exactly felt too upbeat. When I get like that I don't like to be a bummer so I just kinda keep to myself.
Hey ridge , good luck to ya this Friday. Wish they would put your event on Sat. You guys deserve the T.V. exposure.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack BL.
Big Lenny
7/26/2009 11:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2009 11:20pm
Big Lenny wrote:
ridge wrote:
Grant sure didn't show his true speed, did he? I told my dad (watched the race with him) that Grant was gone and this moto was...

Man, keep your chin up, he was really excited when I asked him did he know you, said he didn't know what happened to you...I told him you were a rouge CIA agent...
motokawi818
7/26/2009 11:20pm
Ya they are awesome all the new rookies and stuff just flying.
450s for sure are a lot less entertaining it just kinda seems like no one in that class just hangs it out and flat out pins the bike. RV seemed like the only one that did it the rest are just real smooth and seem like there just cruising
ridge
7/26/2009 11:37pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Man, keep your chin up, he was really excited when I asked him did he know you, said he didn't know what happened to you...I told...
Man, keep your chin up, he was really excited when I asked him did he know you, said he didn't know what happened to you...I told him you were a rouge CIA agent...
lol.

Major is a cool dude. Being a young white dude when I met him...he opened my eyes to some things if you know what I mean. Hell, he probably doesn't even know that. Honestly, him and Daniel Bush were the first two black guys I ever saw ride and I thought it was cool! He was just like me...but bigger and darker! Hahahaha.
ridge
7/26/2009 11:57pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Hey ridge , good luck to ya this Friday. Wish they would put your event on Sat. You guys deserve the T.V. exposure. Sorry for the...
Hey ridge , good luck to ya this Friday. Wish they would put your event on Sat. You guys deserve the T.V. exposure.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack BL.
Thanks a lot man!

I've been doing my homework. I'm a little beat up from practicing supercross because I don't wanna look like a fool on TV! I still will though. Supercross is not like riding a bicycle (you DO forget how!)

BTW, the Adaptive Moto X race is televised live on ESPN at 5PM (PST) on Friday, July 31st.
Big Lenny
7/27/2009 12:19am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 12:25am
Big Lenny wrote:
Man, keep your chin up, he was really excited when I asked him did he know you, said he didn't know what happened to you...I told...
ridge wrote:
lol. Major is a cool dude. Being a young white dude when I met him...he opened my eyes to some things if you know what I...
lol.

Major is a cool dude. Being a young white dude when I met him...he opened my eyes to some things if you know what I mean. Hell, he probably doesn't even know that. Honestly, him and Daniel Bush were the first two black guys I ever saw ride and I thought it was cool! He was just like me...but bigger and darker! Hahahaha.
Me and Danny still ride together when we can, Danny was a test rider for Dirt Rider magazine a while back, and I kept seeing his name and one day reading a test article, I saw him with his helmet off and said WTF?. We got in touch, and he comes by every now and then and we play a little BB or I'll call him for tips, he asked about you not to long ago when I told him I talked to you, he's a mechanic for Yamaha now...Maj broke his femur a few years ago dickin' around on a Foo-Foo bike...
googs
7/27/2009 2:32am
Big Lenny wrote:
Will go down as the [b]"Watered Down Season"[/b] in my book, the racing stinks, the top guns are out,, and in order to save face, the...
Will go down as the "Watered Down Season" in my book, the racing stinks, the top guns are out,, and in order to save face, the tracks are smooth enough to ride a skateboard around in order to make the comp closer and have everybody going the same speed. Whatever happened to the rough tracks that would separate, speed, skill and balls?...
I think its good to have different riders winning with plenty of excitement for the first 6 rounds or so . better than lasts years yawn by a long way...........

Post a reply to: 2009 MX season..

The Latest