20.5 clamps on 14 350 worth it?

Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 9:31am
Looking at getting a set . I just wanted to here people's experience/ advice with them.

Cheers
|
8/23/2014 5:41am
I don't know if this will help or not, but I installed 21.5mm offset clamps on my kx250(down from 25) and that 3.5mm less offset made my bike more stable, had a much more planted feel, eliminated the front end push and made the steering more accurate allowing me to hit the ruts coming into corners a little easier.
And although it made my bike more stable, at the same time my bike was a little quicker to headshake in certain situations. But overall, the bike felt more stable and predictable with much improved cornering, albeit tight turns or sweeps, it didn't matter, it felt and performed better almost everywhere..

On my bike it was definitely an improvement and worth it...
Crush
8/23/2014 5:53am
I've read and seen a few vids about with people testing them, seems some liked and some did not.... Some liked the more planted feel on the front, some thought it felt like it'd knife. Seems it'd be linked to the rest of the setup tho!

You could try play with some sag, forks in tubes and wheel base length first, even if it is just to see if you like the bike heading in that direction...

What did you decide with the graphics?
8/23/2014 6:43am
I just put them on my 13.5 450sxf and love them. the front end sticks so much better, I got mine on ktm talk for $250 they are ride clamps, we ll werth it imo!
8/23/2014 6:47am
Yeah, the rest of the bikes setup matters. I always ran a little more sag in the rear(somewhere around 115mm) to alow the bike to squat more, and still like it that way on my Honda. But with the reduced offset also slid my forks up a little cuz the reduced offset raise the front end slightly.. With that kind of setup I never had a problem with my bike knifining in at turn in..

The Shop

Crush
8/23/2014 6:49am
Yeah, the rest of the bikes setup matters. I always ran a little more sag in the rear(somewhere around 115mm) to alow the bike to squat...
Yeah, the rest of the bikes setup matters. I always ran a little more sag in the rear(somewhere around 115mm) to alow the bike to squat more, and still like it that way on my Honda. But with the reduced offset also slid my forks up a little cuz the reduced offset raise the front end slightly.. With that kind of setup I never had a problem with my bike knifining in at turn in..
Should just have another pie mate, my bike squats fine!
Crush
8/23/2014 6:55am
I just put them on my 13.5 450sxf and love them. the front end sticks so much better, I got mine on ktm talk for $250...
I just put them on my 13.5 450sxf and love them. the front end sticks so much better, I got mine on ktm talk for $250 they are ride clamps, we ll werth it imo!
Where was that Rocket? Ride Eng?
8/23/2014 7:00am
crush yes they where ride engineering clamps and on ktm talk classafieds about 2 weeks ago. im selling my orange clamps off my fe if anyone is looking email me mxboy2661@yahoo.com
Crush
8/23/2014 7:03am
Nice deal! Crazy what goes in and out of classifieds sometimes!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/23/2014 7:10am
I run the 20.5 Ride Eng clamps and also put a Nihilo longer link in the back. With about 106mm-108mm sag, I found the bike is best of both worlds. Turns on a dime and stable on the straights. This set up is on a 2012 250 SX-F. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the geometry changed much between that bike and the 14 350?
Digger29
8/23/2014 7:33am
I put 20s on my 13 250SX and now have them on my 15 250SX and they were a huge improvement over the stocks 22's. I went from 100mm of sag to 105 and the bike turns on a dime and is stable as heck on the fast straights.
rcannon
8/23/2014 8:53am
I went from the stokc 24-25 on my yz 250 and ended up at 22.5. For sure, try it. Especially if cost its reasonable.

Bike became more stable, yet felt like it was quicker turning...yes, figure that one out, please....100% true, though

Honest, I'm slow by any standard. With stuff like this, its often personal preference and a felt change vs an real benefit. As humans, we like change.

It s a lot like asking if you'll like "x" brand (not t e goggle guys) of pipe that takes away low end but adds top end/ Will you like it? Depends if you ride down low, like I do, or are a fast guy who needs top end.

I wish it were easier to change offset. This needs to be something built in that we could change in five minutes.

I remember the day I changed them. I just loved the bike. Then, I got into sand...The front tire bit so hard, it was oversteering to the point where every turn felt like it was highside city. The biek demanded the suspension be set perfectly where before it was forgiving..

I dont think theres too many mistakes from the factory here. A change will be more personal preference thna a mistake correction.

8/23/2014 9:19am
Yeah, the rest of the bikes setup matters. I always ran a little more sag in the rear(somewhere around 115mm) to alow the bike to squat...
Crush wrote:
Should just have another pie mate, my bike squats fine!
I've had too many pies. But the late model kx's were s little twitchie with the reduced offset. Stock it was real stable, but under steered badly unless you slid the forks up. Way up. It just felt better to me with more sag..
bsharkey
8/23/2014 9:31am
I don't know if this will help or not, but I installed 21.5mm offset clamps on my kx250(down from 25) and that 3.5mm less offset made...
I don't know if this will help or not, but I installed 21.5mm offset clamps on my kx250(down from 25) and that 3.5mm less offset made my bike more stable, had a much more planted feel, eliminated the front end push and made the steering more accurate allowing me to hit the ruts coming into corners a little easier.
And although it made my bike more stable, at the same time my bike was a little quicker to headshake in certain situations. But overall, the bike felt more stable and predictable with much improved cornering, albeit tight turns or sweeps, it didn't matter, it felt and performed better almost everywhere..

On my bike it was definitely an improvement and worth it...
I agree with this guy everything he said is spot on. we did at fast tracks though had to drop the forks back down a bit to stabilze the headshake on real fast tracks

Post a reply to: 20.5 clamps on 14 350 worth it?

The Latest