2 Stankin: Episode 1 - vurbmoto

Jaze
5/24/2016 12:31pm
Hats off.
Steinke is god!
S.Loyer
5/24/2016 5:36pm
Great Job, I dig it. He'll get more exposure than any of the guys out of the top 10 on thumpers... Here's a dumb question for...
Great Job, I dig it. He'll get more exposure than any of the guys out of the top 10 on thumpers...

Here's a dumb question for anyone who knows about the AMA tech procedure - would Stankdog even get caught with a 144 kit in that thing? The AMA doesn't have a reason to tear him down without any decent results correct? Being it's still at a large disadvantage, seems like he would be better off running some extra HP to get him closer to the front if he could pull it off.
Yeah, if he plans on building a brand around him and selling his brand to make a living.
But I am gonna hire the kid getting top 10's with proven results to ride for me then some guy on a 125 in 32nd.
DPR250R
5/24/2016 5:49pm
Fun watch...

I wonder how many youngins' heard that song for the first time in the video.

The Shop

p0wn
5/24/2016 6:01pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Yeah, if he plans on building a brand around him and selling his brand to make a living. But I am gonna hire the kid getting...
Yeah, if he plans on building a brand around him and selling his brand to make a living.
But I am gonna hire the kid getting top 10's with proven results to ride for me then some guy on a 125 in 32nd.
Everyone getting top 10's with proven results are on factory rides. Most of the privateer setups are in the bottom ~20+ range. Hell Martin Davalos finished 32nd this weekend.

I think what Gared is doing is awesome. He's got a good attitude and aesthetic and he pushes the brands he rides for. Who doesn't want a husky after seeing and not to mention hearing that f_ckin thing rip hangtown?
S.Loyer
5/24/2016 6:33pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Yeah, if he plans on building a brand around him and selling his brand to make a living. But I am gonna hire the kid getting...
p0wn wrote:
Everyone getting top 10's with proven results are on factory rides. Most of the privateer setups are in the bottom ~20+ range. Hell Martin Davalos finished...
Everyone getting top 10's with proven results are on factory rides. Most of the privateer setups are in the bottom ~20+ range. Hell Martin Davalos finished 32nd this weekend.

I think what Gared is doing is awesome. He's got a good attitude and aesthetic and he pushes the brands he rides for. Who doesn't want a husky after seeing and not to mention hearing that f_ckin thing rip hangtown?
Not saying it isn't awesome. And yeah, those kids are on factory bikes and will continue to be as they get results. It's fun and cool what Gered is doing but its not gonna land him a big ride anywhere unless he just somehow decimates the field. It builds a brand though to market to fans but not to teams. I have a feeling his AX career will keep going on and its fine.

Good example with Marty, my but marty can win SX titles, he is just the most cursed person in the world. Also no one cares about MX with money in the sport.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
5/25/2016 7:05am
DPR250R wrote:
Fun watch... I wonder how many youngins' heard that song for the first time in the video.
Fun watch...

I wonder how many youngins' heard that song for the first time in the video.
*slowly raises hand* ... And I liked it.
EEE299
5/25/2016 8:17am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2016 8:17am
S.Loyer wrote:
p0wn wrote:
Everyone getting top 10's with proven results are on factory rides. Most of the privateer setups are in the bottom ~20+ range. Hell Martin Davalos finished...

S.Loyer wrote:
Not saying it isn't awesome. And yeah, those kids are on factory bikes and will continue to be as they get results. It's fun and cool...
Not saying it isn't awesome. And yeah, those kids are on factory bikes and will continue to be as they get results. It's fun and cool what Gered is doing but its not gonna land him a big ride anywhere unless he just somehow decimates the field. It builds a brand though to market to fans but not to teams. I have a feeling his AX career will keep going on and its fine.

Good example with Marty, my but marty can win SX titles, he is just the most cursed person in the world. Also no one cares about MX with money in the sport.
I would be surprised if he isn't getting more support on the 125 this season than he would have going out riding to a 30 something finish on a 250f. It is a way to make it to the races, and he sure as hell isn't getting slower training and racing under powered on a 125Cool

Hopefully it turns out to help him build for the next few seasons!
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/25/2016 8:41am
EEE299 wrote:
I would be surprised if he isn't getting more support on the 125 this season than he would have going out riding to a 30 something...
I would be surprised if he isn't getting more support on the 125 this season than he would have going out riding to a 30 something finish on a 250f. It is a way to make it to the races, and he sure as hell isn't getting slower training and racing under powered on a 125Cool

Hopefully it turns out to help him build for the next few seasons!
I'd put a wager that if he was on a built 250f he wouldn't be riding aroun in 30th. Probably crack the top 20.
Frodad78
5/25/2016 8:45am
I hope he does some T-shirts again this year.
EEE299
5/25/2016 8:59am
CrGuy2T wrote:
I'd put a wager that if he was on a built 250f he wouldn't be riding aroun in 30th. Probably crack the top 20.
You may be right, that wasn't really what I meant to say. I meant that I don't think people are willing to help him out as much and get him to races for even a 20th place finish. He may actually be better off getting the help on the 125 and making more of a name for himself so he can get better support next year. Just my thoughts, I don't know sh*t thoughCool
downard254
5/25/2016 1:19pm
I think it's pretty damn cool that Husky (and probably KTM) have gotten the 125 Homologated and approved to race in the nationals in the first place. Oh, and Stank Dog is bad ass. Thumbs up.
Spartacus
5/25/2016 3:32pm
Damm hippie, what does he think he's doing out there having fun?
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/25/2016 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2016 4:00pm
I guess I'm just a two-stroke kook according to Matthes (Hangtown race review pod) because I totally enjoyed seeing him out there on a 125 and I think it is awesome. This day in age I think it is cooler to get 36th on a 125 than 24th on a 250F.

I think Matthes is a little out of touch on the subject. The 2-stroke resurgence is real with us weekend warriors.

Post a reply to: 2 Stankin: Episode 1 - vurbmoto

The Latest