2+2=4

Nostradamus
Edited Date/Time 4/20/2014 4:47pm
All this talk of Villopoto not racing outdoors.

The reasoning behind it has been very "hush", which is understandable.

I believe when this all comes to surface, we will see that the real reason is that Kawasaki cannot afford to pay him win bonuses/ championship bonuses as he was promised. The reason it is so "hush" is because he is contractually obligated to not bring any negative press upon his sponsor. Seeing all the rumors flying around, I am sure he would love to just silence them all and say "Kawasaki is broke" but he cannot. Remember, when he signed in 2013, Kawasaki canned their entire offroad team in order to pay his salary. I would imagine there are also arguments between Kawasaki and Monster Energy as to who is responsible for footing which part of the bill.

This is the only logical explanation why he would not race outdoors and even consider retirement a year before he originally planned. 2015 silly season just got even more silly, as I am fairly certain that Villopoto will be out searching for someone that can afford to pay him, and it may not be in the United States.
|
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
4/18/2014 6:55am
Thanks for signing up today..

Gringoe
4/18/2014 6:58am
Bro. Monster has deep fucking pockets.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
4/18/2014 6:59am
Good points even if you are a NOOB! Cool
Electro
4/18/2014 7:03am
Mean while ,over at Kawasaki Japan:

Oooohh Virripoto make to big bonus money ! We must ret him go!

Ryan Villipoto signs with KTM

The Shop

Nostradamus
4/18/2014 7:03am
Gringoe wrote:
Bro. Monster has deep fucking pockets.
So does Donald Trump, but that does not obligate him to pay your paycheck, bro.

Watch this all play out.
Nostradamus
4/18/2014 7:04am
Electro wrote:

If that isn't racist, I'm not sure what is.
JM485
4/18/2014 7:19am
Electro wrote:

If you're butt hurt about that you are going to have a tough time here.

Btw, I already stamped it that he was going to KTM in another thread.Cool It's happening people!
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
4/18/2014 7:23am
IWreckALot wrote:
What if I told you. 2+2 does not = 4. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/18/51314/s1200_morpheus.jpg[/img]
What if I told you.

2+2 does not = 4.

Yes Big Brother
Electro
4/18/2014 7:24am
Electro wrote:

Ya I 'm not to worried about that whiney crap . I am mostly Italian and get ribbed all the time I just laugh if its funny. Waaa
Nostradamus
4/18/2014 7:27am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2014 7:34am
Before you scoff at my theory... do a little research and find out how long it took Suzuki to pay Carmichael... and obviously Berik boots is not an OEM, but they DO still owe Carmichael 1 million dollars, or at least did for years after their rift.

Now let's take it a step further. What if it all comes out that the this OEM cannot pay the guy's bonus? What does this say for the current condition of the moto-economy? Does it bring us one step closer to Feld Entertainment stepping in and buying all the rider's contracts and turning it into Monster Jam? Hey, they race at Monster Jam.... but Feld owns all the trucks, teams, and drivers. It can, and will happen to Supercross if it continues on it's current path. A rider's union will not help against this. If all 80 250 & 450 qualifiers packed up their trucks and left, Feld can and will have 80 scabs ready to load up in the gate. The lap time difference of 3 seconds is virtually undetectable to the average ticket holder, and 97% of them do not care what name is on their jersey. Those 80 top qualifiers would essentially be screwed by the 80 "scabs" waiting in line.

"Why bowl with golden bowling pins, when bowling with wooden ones yields the same result?"

-Dorna (MotoGP promoter regarding switch to 600cc spec Honda engines in Moto 2)

I really see the divide between Supercross and Motocross growing exponentially in the next 5 years, with SX morphing into a Feld Monster Jam circus, and Motocross being the last bastion of two-wheeled offroad racing.
Nostradamus
4/18/2014 7:29am
Electro wrote:

Electro wrote:
Ya I 'm not to worried about that whiney crap . I am mostly Italian and get ribbed all the time I just laugh if its...
Ya I 'm not to worried about that whiney crap . I am mostly Italian and get ribbed all the time I just laugh if its funny. Waaa
No one here is worried about it. I am just saying it makes you look unintelligent, which you clearly aren't worried about either.

Psssstt.... hey buddy..... your stupid is showing.
Electro
4/18/2014 7:36am
Electro wrote:
Ya I 'm not to worried about that whiney crap . I am mostly Italian and get ribbed all the time I just laugh if its...
No one here is worried about it. I am just saying it makes you look unintelligent, which you clearly aren't worried about either. Psssstt.... hey buddy...
No one here is worried about it. I am just saying it makes you look unintelligent, which you clearly aren't worried about either.

Just the scenario that went through my head when I read your post. Too much Blackbelt Theater when I was younger , I guess.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
4/18/2014 7:36am
You don't think that when he has a bonus of $2 mil that Monster or Kawasaki actually writes him a check do you? These bonus' have always been paid by insurance companies.
LoudLove
4/18/2014 7:37am
Electro wrote:
No one here is worried about it. I am just saying it makes you look unintelligent, which you clearly aren't worried about either. Psssstt.... hey buddy...

Psst...there's a difference between racism and stereotyping. Making light of an accent is a stereotype. Believing in racial superiority/inferiority is racism. Guess which category Electro's comment falls under.

So you're comment is correct: you don't know what "racist" is.
Nostradamus
4/18/2014 7:44am
Electro wrote:

LoudLove wrote:
Psst...there's a difference between racism and stereotyping. Making light of an accent is a stereotype. Believing in racial superiority/inferiority is racism. Guess which category Electro's comment...
Psst...there's a difference between racism and stereotyping. Making light of an accent is a stereotype. Believing in racial superiority/inferiority is racism. Guess which category Electro's comment falls under.

So you're comment is correct: you don't know what "racist" is.
post one interesting theory and post one childish argument in a thread, and see which one garners the most attention.

i know you are, but what am i?
Outsider
4/18/2014 7:49am
You spelled Nostradumbass wrong...
500guy
4/18/2014 7:52am
Nostradumbass has spoken, Stamp it.
JBlain619
4/18/2014 7:52am
Electro wrote:

Its not racist....its stereotyping!
Sick of the term racist!!! All of us are of the HUMAN RACE. If you favor a particular ETHNICITY then you may be PREJUDICE not racist. Jesus christ, some of you need to go back to high school, take biology and learn the scientific classes of organisms.
JBlain619
4/18/2014 8:00am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2014 8:01am
Before you scoff at my theory... do a little research and find out how long it took Suzuki to pay Carmichael... and obviously Berik boots is...
Before you scoff at my theory... do a little research and find out how long it took Suzuki to pay Carmichael... and obviously Berik boots is not an OEM, but they DO still owe Carmichael 1 million dollars, or at least did for years after their rift.

Now let's take it a step further. What if it all comes out that the this OEM cannot pay the guy's bonus? What does this say for the current condition of the moto-economy? Does it bring us one step closer to Feld Entertainment stepping in and buying all the rider's contracts and turning it into Monster Jam? Hey, they race at Monster Jam.... but Feld owns all the trucks, teams, and drivers. It can, and will happen to Supercross if it continues on it's current path. A rider's union will not help against this. If all 80 250 & 450 qualifiers packed up their trucks and left, Feld can and will have 80 scabs ready to load up in the gate. The lap time difference of 3 seconds is virtually undetectable to the average ticket holder, and 97% of them do not care what name is on their jersey. Those 80 top qualifiers would essentially be screwed by the 80 "scabs" waiting in line.

"Why bowl with golden bowling pins, when bowling with wooden ones yields the same result?"

I really see the divide between Supercross and Motocross growing exponentially in the next 5 years, with SX morphing into a Feld Monster Jam circus, and Motocross being the last bastion of two-wheeled offroad racing.
You really think that if the Top current riders in SX packed up and left, people would still go and watch the race??? I didn't realize they legalized marijuana in VA, because you are high!!!

Plus, there are more than 3 seconds separating the top guys and the guy that gets 15th.

You should've stopped at your intial post in this thread because the more you go on, the less credible you become.
500guy
4/18/2014 8:01am
Ha ha , Thanks for the plug
4/18/2014 8:10am
All this talk of Villopoto not racing outdoors. The reasoning behind it has been very "hush", which is understandable. I believe when this all comes to...

I believe when this all comes to surface, we will see that the real reason is that Kawasaki cannot afford to pay him win bonuses/ championship bonuses as he was promised. The reason it is so "hush" is because he is contractually obligated to not bring any negative press upon his sponsor. Seeing all the rumors flying around, I am sure he would love to just silence them all and say "Kawasaki is broke" but he cannot. Remember, when he signed in 2013, Kawasaki canned their entire offroad team in order to pay his salary. I would imagine there are also arguments between Kawasaki and Monster Energy as to who is responsible for footing which part of the bill.

This is the only logical explanation why he would not race outdoors and even consider retirement a year before he originally planned. 2015 silly season just got even more silly, as I am fairly certain that Villopoto will be out searching for someone that can afford to pay him, and it may not be in the United States.
I was following along right up and until you said "and it may not be in the United States".WoohooWoohooWoohoo

Then I started laughing, oh my did I laugh.

He is not going to Europe to demoralize the B squad. Jees man RV has class. What would Caroli do if RV came over there, took his money, his trophy, and his womenGrinning
superorbital
4/18/2014 8:13am
Without the big the names racing the core audience will not show up to watch a SX race. The core audience normally brings their wives and maybe their kids to the race and maybe a few friends. All the extras probably don't follow SX, they probably just go because it sounds like a fun thing to do. Take away the core audience and the race will be left with not much. SX will end up smaller than AX. Stamp that bitches!
DonM
4/18/2014 8:30am
Before you scoff at my theory... do a little research and find out how long it took Suzuki to pay Carmichael... and obviously Berik boots is...

Research? it appears that is something you have not done...most bonuses are paid through an insurance/annuity policy purchased in advance of the season or at the beginning of the contract. And to imply that Kawasaki doesn't have the money to pay him is the funniest thing I've read in a long time....they probably aren't paying Feld for their sponsorship or Fox for their ads they run on TV because they have to pay RV his bonuses....LOL!! And just an FYI....RC didn't have to wait for any bonuses from Suz and the boot company went bankrupt, regurgitating rumors isn't research....This needs to go in the MORAN file...
Old-Man
4/18/2014 9:00am
Conspiracy Theorists are Idiots
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/18/2014 9:35am
Time to update my list . . .
Lightning78
4/18/2014 10:28am

JBlain619 wrote:
You really think that if the Top current riders in SX packed up and left, people would still go and watch the race??? I didn't realize...
You really think that if the Top current riders in SX packed up and left, people would still go and watch the race??? I didn't realize they legalized marijuana in VA, because you are high!!!

Plus, there are more than 3 seconds separating the top guys and the guy that gets 15th.

You should've stopped at your intial post in this thread because the more you go on, the less credible you become.
Might want to think twice about what Nostradamus said because it makes a lot of sense and is highlt possible.....as for the top 3 riders not going and no fans showing up.....well when the top 3 are injured at the same time do you think nobody would go to the races either? Its fundamentally the same thing, yet people still go even when a lot of riders are hurt.

I think there is a lot of logic in the concept of Feld taking over like that they already refer to it as a "Show" not a race...not to say its going to happen but Feld can EASILY market and create new "heros" of the sport. If you don't think Feld is capable of doing that then you are off your rocker. Marketing is their niche and they do it pretty dam well.

I am starting to see a divide between SX and MX, personally I prefer MX over SX but that's just me....as long as MX is still around and we have a legit series ill be happy.

2 things about RV and taking time off possibly retiring
1 - His stomach ailment is far worse than they are letting on which may be forcing him to walk away or taken an extended break

2 - It could be about the $ and Kawi or somebody involved (Monster etc) cannot pay out for all his winnings which is definitely a possibility ....It happened to a LOT of top riders in this sport it wouldn't be too far fetched for that to be an issue
Brent
4/18/2014 10:31am
You know, there was suggestions from more than one source that Ryan Dungey was owed bonus money from his 2010 season by Suzuki USA.

So it can happen.

Somewhere also read that KMC USA has a specific budget, and if they go over they have to ask the Mothership in Japan for help in paying bonuses. That was just last month, right? Maybe Japan told them they were not helping this time.

I never heard about the Berik boot thing and Carmichael before, but it sure makes sense, as those things have disappeared from the market here.
yanks_178
4/18/2014 10:40am
All this talk of Villopoto not racing outdoors. The reasoning behind it has been very "hush", which is understandable. I believe when this all comes to...

Do you know who killed JFK too?

Post a reply to: 2+2=4

The Latest