#2?

motomx88
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 8:00pm
Since the AMA and FIM are together in supercross, does that mean RV is scoring points in the FIM and would be able to keep his number plate? Or can someone like Webb claim it next year?
|
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
4/13/2015 9:43am
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Webb could run #2 either way since single digit career numbers are only for national champs. East/West SX is a regional championship only.

Also I am doubting that RV is earning anything towards an AMA number so I am guessing it will be up for grabs to those who qualify.
Dx3moto
4/13/2015 9:53am
If Webb wins the outdoor title this year (or whoever) they can pick #2, #8, or #9

IWreckALot
4/13/2015 9:58am
WoodsRacer wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Webb could run #2 either way since single digit career numbers are only for national champs...
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Webb could run #2 either way since single digit career numbers are only for national champs. East/West SX is a regional championship only.

Also I am doubting that RV is earning anything towards an AMA number so I am guessing it will be up for grabs to those who qualify.
Webb did say that he always dreamed of winning a national championship and he was excited that he was finally able to do that in Houston. . .
Dtat720
4/13/2015 9:58am
WoodsRacer wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Webb could run #2 either way since single digit career numbers are only for national champs...

Bagget is running the 4...

The Shop

hvaughn88
4/13/2015 10:01am
WoodsRacer wrote:

Dtat720 wrote:
Baggett is a national champ
DownSouth
4/13/2015 10:01am
WoodsRacer wrote:

Dtat720 wrote:
Bagget is a 250 national MX champ so he had the right to select a single digit#
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/13/2015 10:02am
Dtat720 wrote:
Fail.
Dtat720
4/13/2015 10:05am
Dtat720 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Fail.
Brain fart. Sadly my son has an autographed poster from him...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/13/2015 10:07am
Dtat720 wrote:
Brain fart. Sadly my son has an autographed poster from him...
Laughing
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/13/2015 10:49am
Dx3moto wrote:
If Webb wins the outdoor title this year (or whoever) they can pick #2, #8, or #9

Don't you get to keep your number 2 years, so RV's 2 wouldn't be available until after next year?
1-forty-8
4/13/2015 10:53am
yak651 wrote:
Don't you get to keep your number 2 years, so RV's 2 wouldn't be available until after next year?
I know no one was allowed to run the number 4 for 5 years after RC retired, but I've never heard that 2 year rule.. I always thought if you didn't score points in a year you lost your number.. Maybe I'm wrong though.
CrashMaster
4/13/2015 10:53am
Webb has only won a regional title, not a national title. Those are 450SX, 450MX, 250MX
CrashMaster
4/13/2015 11:01am
1-forty-8 wrote:
I know no one was allowed to run the number 4 for 5 years after RC retired, but I've never heard that 2 year rule.. I...
I know no one was allowed to run the number 4 for 5 years after RC retired, but I've never heard that 2 year rule.. I always thought if you didn't score points in a year you lost your number.. Maybe I'm wrong though.
No it was just out of respect for RC. That #4 was a big number to fill. RV called MC and asked him if he would mind if he ran the number 2. But you are right in order to keep your AMA number you do have to gain a certain amount of points during the season to keep it. I believe they had raised the certain amount of points a year or two ago, that's how John Dowd lost the #16. He failed to make enough.
wanglimp
4/13/2015 12:01pm
I asked this question a few months ago about James Stewarts number. Since he wasn't going to score the 25 points would he lose his number. People were saying that there is a some clause that in Stewarts case he could keep his number, but I would say if RV is retired there is no clause and if he doesn't score the 25 points then the number is open.
DonM
4/13/2015 12:16pm
You need to score 25 pts to keep your permanent number, unless you are either injured or unable to ride for a year....or if the AMA decides to implement the "make up rules as they go" rule....
just James
4/13/2015 12:40pm
Stupid and confusing bunch of garbage. When I am made king, and the decider of all things important, ALL of the riders will run the national number which they earned in the previous year. Smile
blusmbl
4/13/2015 2:26pm
wanglimp wrote:
I asked this question a few months ago about James Stewarts number. Since he wasn't going to score the 25 points would he lose his number...
I asked this question a few months ago about James Stewarts number. Since he wasn't going to score the 25 points would he lose his number. People were saying that there is a some clause that in Stewarts case he could keep his number, but I would say if RV is retired there is no clause and if he doesn't score the 25 points then the number is open.
Doesn't Stewart still have an opportunity to earn 25 points this year even if he serves his entire suspension?
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/13/2015 2:37pm
DonM wrote:
You need to score 25 pts to keep your permanent number, unless you are either injured or unable to ride for a year....or if the AMA...
You need to score 25 pts to keep your permanent number, unless you are either injured or unable to ride for a year....or if the AMA decides to implement the "make up rules as they go" rule....
It's really quite simple:

Active national riders who score at least 25 but no more than 250 points, while riding in the 250 class can get a national single digit number, minus the points they earned in 250 Supercross, which are only regional points. Deduct the regional points from their total, then add 2 and divide by the number of riders (in total) that showed up for the autograph signing under the AMA riders' meeting tent at SX round 7. Then, take that figure and multiply it by 4 (the RC factor) and take the square root and round upward. This is now the lowest number available to the rider, unless it is already taken by an active rider on the national circuit, in which case the rider can select the next highest number, and so on.

Riders who score less than 25 points do not get to race ever again, unless they filed a TUE with WADA in 1982.

Riders who score more than 250 points "point out" and have to get in a cage match fistfight with the holder of #100 or #101 at the conclusion of the season. Two men enter, one man leaves with the number. I'm not sure if I'd like my chances better with Josh Hansen or David Pingree right now, so thankfully I'm not a pointed-out AMA pro.

If the end result is that your number reflects your true speed in any way, you must exchange that number the next season. If, on the other hand, you hold a single-digit number but have an asterisk next to your name in the record books next to your national title, you may keep the number forever.

*This is a pre-emptive "[/sarcasm]" for those whose sarcasm meters are malfunctioning.
DonM
4/13/2015 2:43pm
DonM wrote:
You need to score 25 pts to keep your permanent number, unless you are either injured or unable to ride for a year....or if the AMA...
Falcon wrote:
It's really quite simple: Active national riders who score at least 25 but no more than 250 points, while riding in the 250 class can get...

Active national riders who score at least 25 but no more than 250 points, while riding in the 250 class can get a national single digit number, minus the points they earned in 250 Supercross, which are only regional points. Deduct the regional points from their total, then add 2 and divide by the number of riders (in total) that showed up for the autograph signing under the AMA riders' meeting tent at SX round 7. Then, take that figure and multiply it by 4 (the RC factor) and take the square root and round upward. This is now the lowest number available to the rider, unless it is already taken by an active rider on the national circuit, in which case the rider can select the next highest number, and so on.

Riders who score less than 25 points do not get to race ever again, unless they filed a TUE with WADA in 1982.

Riders who score more than 250 points "point out" and have to get in a cage match fistfight with the holder of #100 or #101 at the conclusion of the season. Two men enter, one man leaves with the number. I'm not sure if I'd like my chances better with Josh Hansen or David Pingree right now, so thankfully I'm not a pointed-out AMA pro.

If the end result is that your number reflects your true speed in any way, you must exchange that number the next season. If, on the other hand, you hold a single-digit number but have an asterisk next to your name in the record books next to your national title, you may keep the number forever.

*This is a pre-emptive "[/sarcasm]" for those whose sarcasm meters are malfunctioning.
Haha!!!! Awesome!! The most AMA logic post of the year...throw in a black flag point deduction and I believe it's complete and easily transferred into the official AMA rule book...
dirtnapper
4/13/2015 3:16pm
DonM wrote:
Falcon wrote:
It's really quite simple: Active national riders who score at least 25 but no more than 250 points, while riding in the 250 class can get...

This...this actually makes perfect sense! I wonder why I couldn't figure it out before........

Whistling

Wink
KlootZak
4/13/2015 3:24pm
1-forty-8 wrote:
I think AC2 has a nice ring to it..
It would be the ideal man to honor that #2
4/13/2015 4:29pm
1-forty-8 wrote:
I think AC2 has a nice ring to it..
KlootZak wrote:
It would be the ideal man to honor that #2
Maybe he could finish a season first, then worry about what number to pick.
Crush
4/13/2015 5:24pm
WoodsRacer wrote:

10 points.

Regional titles chaps.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/13/2015 5:30pm
just James wrote:
Stupid and confusing bunch of garbage. When I am made king, and the decider of all things important, ALL of the riders will run the national...
Stupid and confusing bunch of garbage. When I am made king, and the decider of all things important, ALL of the riders will run the national number which they earned in the previous year. Smile
That seemed to work perfect for years and years but of course the AMA had to go and screw it up. I wish they would go back to the run what you earned number. Sad
Hut
4/13/2015 5:50pm
just James wrote:
Stupid and confusing bunch of garbage. When I am made king, and the decider of all things important, ALL of the riders will run the national...
This
TDeath21
4/13/2015 7:39pm
Maybe someone who knows more about the GPs and their numbers can explain to me why Villopoto was allowed to use the number 2? If, as most are saying here, his GP points won't allow him to keep the 2 in SX, obviously any SX Championships are not why he got to run number 2. Do their numbers have nothing to do with rider ability or championships?

Post a reply to: #2?

The Latest