1st round Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro

Im making the drive from Tampa to race the first round of the Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro series this wknd at Moto-Vated in SC. Anyone else gonna be there? Ive been strictly moto and a track rat my entire 25+yrs racing so this will be my first official woods race. Im familiar with he format of the races as my friend im visiting ran the series last year, but just looking for what to kind of expect from anyone else thats ridden this series or made the transition into the woods racing from moto pretty recently. any tips or pointers or just general knowledge, thanks guys. and if youre there ill be camping all wknd and then riding the tracks monday so feel free to come find the #121 kx450 and we can bench race and knock back some beers
|
sam hain
2/7/2017 12:05pm
I've done a couple full gas races, they are fun but get ready to wait. That's the only drawback is you do as much waiting in line to start your tests as you do racing.
Pirate421
2/7/2017 12:21pm
Soften up your suspension! My first woods race after only riding mx I left my Moto settings and I was pogoing all over the place. Good luck should be fun I just did a woods race this past weekend in the ice and snow and it was a blast
DYE
2/7/2017 1:43pm
This format is perfect transition from moto since its short sprints. A 2 or 3 hr race I would advise you to use to strategy, but this one just grip it and rip it! I might be there if my suspension makes it back in time. Awesome place and Donnie Adams that runs the place is as nice as they come. I hope to make it and good luck!
2/7/2017 1:55pm
sam hain wrote:
I've done a couple full gas races, they are fun but get ready to wait. That's the only drawback is you do as much waiting in...
I've done a couple full gas races, they are fun but get ready to wait. That's the only drawback is you do as much waiting in line to start your tests as you do racing.
did not expect this at all, figured with the short test times and everyone going at 15-30 sec intervals the day would run smooth and fast. oh well, im used to sitting at the moto track alllll day anyways.

The Shop

2/7/2017 2:01pm
DYE wrote:
This format is perfect transition from moto since its short sprints. A 2 or 3 hr race I would advise you to use to strategy, but...
This format is perfect transition from moto since its short sprints. A 2 or 3 hr race I would advise you to use to strategy, but this one just grip it and rip it! I might be there if my suspension makes it back in time. Awesome place and Donnie Adams that runs the place is as nice as they come. I hope to make it and good luck!
this is kind of what ive been told by others as well, as far as being a perfect transition. and ive been hitting the local trail spots the last couple weeks and i can go full throttle for much longer than the average test times so your advice of grip it and rip it is what im planning on doing, until i hit a tree the first time that is haha. I race moto B and i signed up for the open b class, should I be able to be somewhat competitive you think? cant wait to hit the tracks tho monday ive only heard great things!
redslush
2/7/2017 2:01pm
I will be there filming. Personally, the Motovated round is my favorite of the year and always a blast to watch you guys rip.
montesagold
2/7/2017 2:40pm
I'll be there, VetB #737 on a husky two stroke. I missed them last year but ran the entire series the year before. Best transition race you could ask for into offroad. Have you been to Motovated before? Great place. Try and park in sight of the start area to minimize your time setting waiting in line. They are ran very smooth, top notch trail layouts. Very little tight woods, should flow very well.
2/7/2017 2:48pm
redslush wrote:
I will be there filming. Personally, the Motovated round is my favorite of the year and always a blast to watch you guys rip.
do you have a site/FB/instagram where you post your vids or photos?
redslush
2/7/2017 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2017 5:44am
redslush wrote:
do you have a site/FB/instagram where you post your vids or photos?
I'm handling the official fgse edits this year. They can be found on their YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclFIapVXuKONR5WyBa24mw) and sprintenduro.com.

I also post up raw clips from the races after each day: ig @sirrobfilms.

If you see a heavier version, maybe shorter version, of Fred Durst carrying a camera make sure and say hello!
2/7/2017 2:54pm
I'll be there, VetB #737 on a husky two stroke. I missed them last year but ran the entire series the year before. Best transition race...
I'll be there, VetB #737 on a husky two stroke. I missed them last year but ran the entire series the year before. Best transition race you could ask for into offroad. Have you been to Motovated before? Great place. Try and park in sight of the start area to minimize your time setting waiting in line. They are ran very smooth, top notch trail layouts. Very little tight woods, should flow very well.
awesome info thanks! getting there friday afternoon so hopefully the pits arent too packed already. the trails ive been practicing on have been Fl sand, very tight with lots of trees and sand whoops for days, and then some single track courses cut into the woods. so if Moto-Vated is more open and more flowy I should be comfortable. If i see you Ill def stop and say whats up, good luck!
resetjet
2/7/2017 4:56pm
You wont be as competitive as you are in moto initially. Its a different ball game. Just be patient and dont be afraid of trees. When in doubt gas it.
2/7/2017 5:14pm
redslush wrote:
Filming? Please contact me as I may be interested in some film work.
DYE
2/7/2017 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2017 9:35pm
DYE wrote:
This format is perfect transition from moto since its short sprints. A 2 or 3 hr race I would advise you to use to strategy, but...
this is kind of what ive been told by others as well, as far as being a perfect transition. and ive been hitting the local trail...
this is kind of what ive been told by others as well, as far as being a perfect transition. and ive been hitting the local trail spots the last couple weeks and i can go full throttle for much longer than the average test times so your advice of grip it and rip it is what im planning on doing, until i hit a tree the first time that is haha. I race moto B and i signed up for the open b class, should I be able to be somewhat competitive you think? cant wait to hit the tracks tho monday ive only heard great things!
I just remembered, hand guards are a must! Short tests means you won't need the oversized tank or hydro pack like at most off-road races, but if you haven't been riding woods long you'll soon learn why they call them Bark Busters! Lol they literally rip the bark off tight spaces and your hands could get pretty smashed up without them. I cringe when I see people show up without them Unsure
2/7/2017 9:28pm
Im making the drive from Tampa to race the first round of the Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro series this wknd at Moto-Vated in SC. Anyone...
Im making the drive from Tampa to race the first round of the Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro series this wknd at Moto-Vated in SC. Anyone else gonna be there? Ive been strictly moto and a track rat my entire 25+yrs racing so this will be my first official woods race. Im familiar with he format of the races as my friend im visiting ran the series last year, but just looking for what to kind of expect from anyone else thats ridden this series or made the transition into the woods racing from moto pretty recently. any tips or pointers or just general knowledge, thanks guys. and if youre there ill be camping all wknd and then riding the tracks monday so feel free to come find the #121 kx450 and we can bench race and knock back some beers
Sprint Enduro's are a AWESOME race format.

If it's run anything like how they do them in Europe, you will love it.
2/17/2017 11:13am
this was hands down the most fun ive had at a race wknd in probably 10 years. wow what a completely different vibe from the moto race crowd compared to the offroad guys. so many positive things i can list that i liked better. fisrt thing is the cost, $10 to get in the gates for the whole wknd and no camping fees. the schedule was amazing. pros started at 11 and Ams about 11:45 and we were done both days by 4:30. none of this being at the track by 7 and standing around in your gear finally getting done at 6 and only riding 4 motos and 4 laps of practice. every single person i met and talked to was more than overly nice and friendly and welcoming. none of this "i cant talk to you because me, or my kid, want a plastic trophy, and weve spent a billion dollars to get here, and you might take that from me" nonsense and vibe you see at the track all the time. the competition and competitive spirit was still there but it was just different idk how to explain it, but there just wasnt as much pressure on everyone it seemed. whats better than being able to finish your motos and bike prep, then have some beers and watch SX which we set up on a big screen around the bonfire, and not have to be up until 9 the next day for racing? I also did better than i expected in results. in every single cross test i was top 5 in times. the woods are what caught me by more of a surprise than i thought. if i had done a little better in the woods i easily would of placed within the top 5 overall, but in the end after both days finished 9th and only 6 mins from 1st and less than 2 mins from top 5. this series is amazing and i highly recommend it to anyone and any type of rider out there, its only gaining in exposure and popularity, many factory riders there, Sipes won the Pro overall
DYE
2/17/2017 12:44pm
Sounds like you had a blast! I'm jealous my suspension didn't get here until this week so I couldn't make it. I'm mainly an off-road racer and do a moto every now and then. Woods racing is hands down my favorite. More seat time, less waiting, awesome people. Just can't beat it!

Post a reply to: 1st round Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro

The Latest