1985 strikes back at LL quali

Trent179
6/21/2013 8:48pm
I liked this story so much I sent a little cash to his pay pal. Good luck dude!
notme
6/22/2013 9:46am
Thanks Terry K
6/23/2013 2:55am
someone needs to tell him to put that visor down a bit.
lila38
6/25/2013 9:53am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2013 2:02pm
Let me start off by saying that this is in no way, shape, or form an attack on Jerry Robin. He is a great rider on a very fast vintage bike. The only reason I am posting at all is that I took offense at some of the previous posters remarks. Everyone seemed offended a post that implied that Jerry was 'running some kind of scam'. No one, however, seemed bothered by the assumption that all of the riders Robin lined up against were spoiled brats that had everything handed to them and lived at training facilities. This, I assure you is not the case. While I did line up on a 2013 RMZ250, it is one that I earned with contingency and a part-time job. I will be running the B class at LL even though I am a full-time student, I go to technical school and have a job. I have never in my life been to a training facility (though I tried to go to SOB last summer but we could not afford it) While I see both sides of this argument, there isn't just one underdog out there. Making assumptions about #194 is about as irresponsible as making assumptions about his competition.

The Shop

Muzzle
6/25/2013 9:59am
Well said. Good luck at LL!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
6/25/2013 10:03am
lila38 wrote:
Let me start off by saying that this is in no way, shape, or form an attack on Jerry Robin. He is a great rider on...
Let me start off by saying that this is in no way, shape, or form an attack on Jerry Robin. He is a great rider on a very fast vintage bike. The only reason I am posting at all is that I took offense at some of the previous posters remarks. Everyone seemed offended a post that implied that Jerry was 'running some kind of scam'. No one, however, seemed bothered by the assumption that all of the riders Robin lined up against were spoiled brats that had everything handed to them and lived at training facilities. This, I assure you is not the case. While I did line up on a 2013 RMZ250, it is one that I earned with contingency and a part-time job. I will be running the B class at LL even though I am a full-time student, I go to technical school and have a job. I have never in my life been to a training facility (though I tried to go to SOB last summer but we could not afford it) While I see both sides of this argument, there isn't just one underdog out there. Making assumptions about #194 is about as irresponsible as making assumptions about his competition.
Right on lila38. I know this is probably of little consolation to you now, but you are on track to achieve much greater things in life than most at those rider manufacturing facilities. Enjoy racing to its fullest while you can, because it is temporary whereas bills, taxes and the daily stresses of life are not. Good luck to you and Jerry.
MOTO120
6/25/2013 10:06am
Anyone have an actual e-mail address to contact Jerry at? I see some Paypal e-mail address' but I'm just looking for an e-mail contact....

Thanks!
Money
6/25/2013 1:36pm
lila38 wrote:
Let me start off by saying that this is in no way, shape, or form an attack on Jerry Robin. He is a great rider on...
Lila38 not to sound like a smart ass, but you attended 4 areas in 4 different states riding 22 different classes on a two stroke, 450f, and 250f. Then you attend 3 regionals racing 12 classes. I really don't see people feeling sorry for you since you've more than spend the cost of a bike on qualifying for Loretta's.
500guy
6/25/2013 1:49pm
Money wrote:
Lila38 not to sound like a smart ass, but you attended 4 areas in 4 different states riding 22 different classes on a two stroke, 450f...
Lila38 not to sound like a smart ass, but you attended 4 areas in 4 different states riding 22 different classes on a two stroke, 450f, and 250f. Then you attend 3 regionals racing 12 classes. I really don't see people feeling sorry for you since you've more than spend the cost of a bike on qualifying for Loretta's.
You just don't understand today's style of oppression.
lila38
6/25/2013 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2013 2:00pm
Money- I was never looking for any sympathy, nor do I want any. I was merely stating that all of the B riders on the gate are not spoiled brats on $20k bikes who live at training facilities. You are correct in some of your facts, I did race 6 different classes in three different areas, participating in only 4 classes at each regional. Unfortunately, I needed to do this in hopes of qualifying in such a competitive class. However, if you had seen me in Milliville, I was the one sleeping in the truck with 2 bikes in the back (neither one of which are worth much). Again, I was not looking for someone to feel sorry for me or anyone else, just clearing up some preposterous assumtions some posters made about an entire class.
6/25/2013 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2013 9:36pm
1. Anyone who protest this kid at Lorettas will be subject to an immediate and devastating terrorist attack delivered by the ruthless VitalMX two stroke Taliban. It would not be in anyones intrest to protest this kid for smoking your son on a 1985 machine. How pathetic.

2. Some people on here are saying the '85 CR250 "handled great but was slow". Well, what does that say about the 41 2013 machines with 10,000 bucks work of crap done to them that he just smoked?

Go get em Jerry!
6/29/2013 10:44pm
MOTO120 wrote:
Anyone have an actual e-mail address to contact Jerry at? I see some Paypal e-mail address' but I'm just looking for an e-mail contact....

Thanks!
our email is dbdnj@q.com, thanks, dan robin
6/29/2013 10:46pm
1. Anyone who protest this kid at Lorettas will be subject to an immediate and devastating terrorist attack delivered by the ruthless VitalMX two stroke Taliban...
1. Anyone who protest this kid at Lorettas will be subject to an immediate and devastating terrorist attack delivered by the ruthless VitalMX two stroke Taliban. It would not be in anyones intrest to protest this kid for smoking your son on a 1985 machine. How pathetic.

2. Some people on here are saying the '85 CR250 "handled great but was slow". Well, what does that say about the 41 2013 machines with 10,000 bucks work of crap done to them that he just smoked?

Go get em Jerry!
thanks for your support!!
6/29/2013 10:48pm
Trent179 wrote:
I liked this story so much I sent a little cash to his pay pal. Good luck dude!
thank you sir!
Hank_Thrill
7/4/2013 5:05pm
I just found out about this last night.

Jerry is my new favorite amateur motocrosser!
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
7/4/2013 5:36pm
I was thinking the same thing. Seeing him riding the bike kind of makes me want an older bike to rebuild - 87 KX 250 would be my choice.
sswfnhtu
7/4/2013 7:01pm
bogdan912 wrote:
He'll get in with that 8 for sure. It would be a real shame if he can't ride that bike (unless he lines up something better)...
He'll get in with that 8 for sure. It would be a real shame if he can't ride that bike (unless he lines up something better) at the Ranch.

I wanna see some vid!
Mxracer24 wrote:
Cool
7/5/2013 1:47am
burn1986 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. Seeing him riding the bike kind of makes me want an older bike to rebuild - 87 KX 250 would...
I was thinking the same thing. Seeing him riding the bike kind of makes me want an older bike to rebuild - 87 KX 250 would be my choice.
Absolutely: it gives some courage to rebuild something from that era, I am looking for a 88 YZ 250 right now Smile In the end, for the brands, it is not bad at all marketing wise, because to rebuild a "collection bike" to give a "mother" to the main bike(s) is also pricey with OEM & aftermarket parts.
montesagold
7/5/2013 6:33am
Who cares if he was trying to stir some attention, he is still doing what everyone is talking about. Im glad to see that the gap in tech is not near as broad as people percieve. Id like to see him ride the modern bike back to back and compare times.
8/27/2013 10:25am
It's not like it was a fast region, and it was his home track....jus sayin
there was no fast guys at lorrettas either I geuss, maybe lls is his other home track??? u got anything else?
mx_579
8/27/2013 11:09am
Dude tore it up at LL too. Way to Go!
9/22/2013 3:56am
are you ready to line up with him? at milleville? or your home track would be even better!
jleews6
9/22/2013 7:27am
are you ready to line up with him? at milleville? or your home track would be even better!
LOL Thats funny. Hey Dan, How does Jerry like the new Hondas? Is he going faster on them?
mt798
9/22/2013 10:17am
Yea, what did you guy's do with the 85'? Clean her up and park her in the living room? Never sell that bike!!!

Post a reply to: 1985 strikes back at LL quali

The Latest