1980 CR250 (incorrectly listed as 75, but seems cheap enough!)

APLMAN99
9/13/2017 11:55am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2017 7:49pm
|
Group23
9/13/2017 12:23pm
Thurston County ORV Park. 37 Years ago. I never much cared for the 1980, 78/79 way better bikes IMO.

ATKpilot99
9/13/2017 12:37pm
Common to find misidentified model years on craigs but usually the other way , ha ha.
APLMAN99
9/13/2017 3:21pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Common to find misidentified model years on craigs but usually the other way , ha ha.
Yep! I'm tempted to drive over if it's still available, but I have always hated not having a title to a bike. I know a lot of guys don't care when it comes to dirtsickles, but I have only bought a couple without titles ever and I always wonder if I've bought someone else's stolen bike. Just a weird feeling for me. I can see how a bike this old might have gotten out of the "title" cycle after several owners, though.

The Shop

9/13/2017 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2017 3:28pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Yep! I'm tempted to drive over if it's still available, but I have always hated not having a title to a bike. I know a lot...
Yep! I'm tempted to drive over if it's still available, but I have always hated not having a title to a bike. I know a lot of guys don't care when it comes to dirtsickles, but I have only bought a couple without titles ever and I always wonder if I've bought someone else's stolen bike. Just a weird feeling for me. I can see how a bike this old might have gotten out of the "title" cycle after several owners, though.
Pretty much no vintage "barn find" bike is ever going to have a title.
ATKpilot99
9/13/2017 3:38pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Yep! I'm tempted to drive over if it's still available, but I have always hated not having a title to a bike. I know a lot...
I'd just ask them to write up a bill of sale with the vin and sign it . If they won't do that I'd pass . I'd love to find one of those around here.
APLMAN99
9/13/2017 4:25pm
Damn, you can still find some pretty cool parts for those old Hondas too.......

APLMAN99
9/13/2017 4:45pm
Throw this on for less than $150 and it already would look better!!!!! Unfortunately the matching Forx might just be exponentially higher than that......

newmann
9/13/2017 6:53pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Dirt cheap bargain. you could make a quick $500.00 on that one easily. Or spend a chunk a make a great vintage racer. 80 model was a midrange bike unlike the high revving 78/79. Flimsy forks, junky shocks and peanut brittle rims. Other than that, great bike!
stillwelding
9/13/2017 7:00pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Dirt cheap bargain. you could make a quick $500.00 on that one easily. Or spend a chunk a make a great vintage racer. 80 model was...
Dirt cheap bargain. you could make a quick $500.00 on that one easily. Or spend a chunk a make a great vintage racer. 80 model was a midrange bike unlike the high revving 78/79. Flimsy forks, junky shocks and peanut brittle rims. Other than that, great bike!
Newman, don't you have anything bad to say about the 80 Smile
newmann
9/13/2017 7:49pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Dirt cheap bargain. you could make a quick $500.00 on that one easily. Or spend a chunk a make a great vintage racer. 80 model was...
Newman, don't you have anything bad to say about the 80 Smile
Only that I wish I hadn't sold mine.Laughing I found a cherry low hour one back around 1998 and put on a mint set of $500.00 Fox Factory Forx, $300.00 Fox swing arm and a set of remote reservoir Fox spring shocks along with a set of Sun Rims. Bikes were reasonable back then, as were Fox goodies. Try finding those items today...Woohoo It's like Honda released a works bike to the public back in 78, but kept the cost down in the suspension department.
bama205
9/13/2017 7:53pm
Those pics,
Damn MX used to be cool.
APLMAN99
9/13/2017 8:27pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
newmann wrote:
It should be gone any minute I'd think. If it was just a little closer I'd snatch it up right away, but it's about 3+ hours west and I'm in the middle of harvest. Might have a short day on Sunday and if by some strange chance it's still available, I'd probably make the 7 hour round trip for it.
Squidward
9/13/2017 8:33pm
I would snap that thing up asap. If all you gotta do is clean the carb and your ripping, thats the best deal iv'e ever seen....

Post a reply to: 1980 CR250 (incorrectly listed as 75, but seems cheap enough!)

The Latest