16 or 17 rmz250 durability??

hbdesigns913
Hey I'm thinking about getting back into Mx after a near 2 year break. I have owned all the brands except for KTM and Suzuki. I have always really liked the durability and reliability of my Hondas and yamahas. I didn't have much luck with the 2011 kawi 250. There are some really good deals on Suzukis right now. Can I get some "real" feedback on how they hold up. Thanks.
|
cameron96
2/16/2017 3:20pm
Suzukis are gas n go, They don't re invent the bike every 2 years so it's proven
suzukiread240
2/16/2017 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2017 4:39pm
I have about 20 hours on mine and it seems to running really well. If you are wanting to be the fastest guy on the track go somewhere else. Also if you have never used air forks before I would recommend a lot of thought and research. That is really the only thing that I would change on the bike. Also the resale ability on the sucks.

But the goods. The motor is consistent, the handling is top notch, low seat, and really easy to get used to if you haven't ridden for a while. I got back into riding last year and if I were to buy another new bike I would just buck up and buy the Yamaha YZ250FX. Electric start and fast!!

But I will stick with the Suzuki and ride the hell out it!
hbdesigns913
2/16/2017 5:50pm
Thanks for the info. You're right about the resale. It sucks. But it sucks with all of them if you look at resale vs msrp. I have had air forks with my Honda 450. They definitely were not the best. But I have had worse. You mentioned the yz250fx.... Don't beat yourself up about it. I bought a new 16 yz250f and wasn't all that impressed. Just weird to me. Didn't feel like a Yamaha. And I have had a lot of yamahas. That was my last bike.
2/16/2017 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2017 5:59pm
Thanks for the info. You're right about the resale. It sucks. But it sucks with all of them if you look at resale vs msrp. I...
Thanks for the info. You're right about the resale. It sucks. But it sucks with all of them if you look at resale vs msrp. I have had air forks with my Honda 450. They definitely were not the best. But I have had worse. You mentioned the yz250fx.... Don't beat yourself up about it. I bought a new 16 yz250f and wasn't all that impressed. Just weird to me. Didn't feel like a Yamaha. And I have had a lot of yamahas. That was my last bike.
One thing about suzuki's is that OEM parts are always 1.5x the cost of the other jap brands, never understood why.

Post a reply to: 16 or 17 rmz250 durability??

The Latest