125 Dreamrace Results from Hangtown? (full list)

DE262
Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 4:14pm
Anybody have a full list of results?
...Or any footage at all?
|
Paul333
5/21/2017 7:43am
I would like to see this as well.
JkopMx
5/21/2017 9:31am
I got some video footage of our local boy lane shaw holeshotting on a bone stock yz125 with stock suspension

The Shop

potatoflake
5/21/2017 9:45am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 9:46am
Weird, only thing I can seem to find is announcements of the race I didn't even hear a mention of it on the broadcast yesterday either I figured they'd have some results posted or even live timing yesterday
DE262
5/21/2017 10:21am
Ya- sorta bummed on the total lack of coverage.
I mean I get that it's not a main, and it got jerked around sched. wise, and the OEM's aren't that stoked on it... but shit man!
Steve 396
5/21/2017 10:31am
DE262 wrote:
Ya- sorta bummed on the total lack of coverage. I mean I get that it's not a main, and it got jerked around sched. wise, and...
Ya- sorta bummed on the total lack of coverage.
I mean I get that it's not a main, and it got jerked around sched. wise, and the OEM's aren't that stoked on it... but shit man!
I think you said it all right there.......
RhinoRider
5/21/2017 10:38am
One thing to note, James Stewart would have had a 5 second lead by that jump.

That whole pack shut off for the first turn. James should have done this and really got the boards lit up.

I'd buy a 100 buck ticket to watch live.
DE262
5/21/2017 10:42am
Don't derail this thread with more JS7 shit.
Lester
5/21/2017 11:10am
JkopMx wrote:
RhinoRider wrote:
One thing to note, James Stewart would have had a 5 second lead by that jump. That whole pack shut off for the first turn. James...

That whole pack shut off for the first turn. James should have done this and really got the boards lit up.

If James would have raced that race, he would have lapped that entire pack.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
5/21/2017 11:15am
There are most likely some O.E.M guys that don't want too many people to see what a hit it was, we can't derail this four stroke thing now....
Husky360
5/21/2017 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 12:47pm
RhinoRider wrote:
One thing to note, James Stewart would have had a 5 second lead by that jump. That whole pack shut off for the first turn. James...

I am tired of hearing about James Stewart especially in a 125 dream race thread.
PJRAUS
5/21/2017 1:57pm
There are most likely some O.E.M guys that don't want too many people to see what a hit it was, we can't derail this four stroke...
There are most likely some O.E.M guys that don't want too many people to see what a hit it was, we can't derail this four stroke thing now....
Probably right!
PJRAUS
5/21/2017 2:03pm
I was just thinking...Why do you even need mx sports and the big teams? They throw 125 fans a bone with this super limited dream race thing...
Would it not be possible for a group of promotors to get together and organise a full 125 series with multiple rounds and call it the "125 national championship " ? With or without ama sanctioning ? Have no stupid production rules, potentially allowing manufacturers to enter a works bike, perhaps even dig one up out of their museum to race..
In any case, wouldn't a 125 national series be a hit with both fans and competitors alike?
I bet there wouldn't be any lack of entries!
DEMONDAVE
5/21/2017 2:15pm
RhinoRider wrote:

Husky360 wrote:
I am tired of hearing about James Stewart especially in a 125 dream race thread.
This X 100
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/21/2017 3:09pm
PJRAUS wrote:
I was just thinking...Why do you even need mx sports and the big teams? They throw 125 fans a bone with this super limited dream race...
I was just thinking...Why do you even need mx sports and the big teams? They throw 125 fans a bone with this super limited dream race thing...
Would it not be possible for a group of promotors to get together and organise a full 125 series with multiple rounds and call it the "125 national championship " ? With or without ama sanctioning ? Have no stupid production rules, potentially allowing manufacturers to enter a works bike, perhaps even dig one up out of their museum to race..
In any case, wouldn't a 125 national series be a hit with both fans and competitors alike?
someone could. That's how the old 4stroke nationals existed.

Its feasible for the guys who do the Glen Helen race and the Washougal 2 stroke to combine. They would simply need enough entries to justify.

But even the GH 2 stroke nat wasn't a huge turnout this year. They had only a handful of 125 pros and barely a full 250 gate.
PJRAUS
5/21/2017 3:36pm
PJRAUS wrote:
I was just thinking...Why do you even need mx sports and the big teams? They throw 125 fans a bone with this super limited dream race...
someone could. That's how the old 4stroke nationals existed. Its feasible for the guys who do the Glen Helen race and the Washougal 2 stroke to...
someone could. That's how the old 4stroke nationals existed.

Its feasible for the guys who do the Glen Helen race and the Washougal 2 stroke to combine. They would simply need enough entries to justify.

But even the GH 2 stroke nat wasn't a huge turnout this year. They had only a handful of 125 pros and barely a full 250 gate.
I think it might be a case of " build it and they will come "
Perhaps a way to guage interest, would be to get a Facebook page up one of those group things and utilise all the other social media options as well. Get a group of diehard 125 fans together to administrate the effort and be able to present a viable proposition to promoters with a guaranteed rider turnout.
Yes a nation wide 125 national championship would be hard to put together straight off the bat, but it might well be possible to identify where the biggest concentration of interest is and just start of with maybe a 3 round series and grow it from there.
I just cannot comprehend the demise of the 125 class...it makes no sense to me. If Honda doesn't want to make two strokes anymore then who cares?
I think the time is right for fans of affordable motocross racing to get the 125 class going again.

I know the presidents of 3 clubs here in Victoria Australia, and I'm thinking about approaching them to agree tentatively on running a three round 125 series with vets and women's support classes.
Gauging interest through a Facebook group would be step 1. Getting the dates from MA Victoria would be difficult as they are run by mini bike parents and tend to oppose having any kind of senior only events....they insist on just about everything being open to a full programme of brats classes, so that seniors don't even bother to enter.
But we could get around those idiots if we had enough prior commitment from riders
Ted722
5/21/2017 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 5:39pm
Is there any video of the full race?
Is there any video of the full race?
No video = never happened
No video = never happened
Damn, I knew I should of taken some video when I was there yesterday. I think RacerX was there?

http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/17/fmf-125-dream-race-invitational-trip…

DE262
5/21/2017 8:07pm
We all know who the top 3 were by now(yesterday)...

The "Original" 125 Dreamrace at Washougal draws a shitpile of riders- most from the Pacific Northwest.
Enough to fill gates racing Pro, B, and C classes.
With national attention and top fast 125 guys (Pingree, Tedesco, Etc) being sketched out by guys they didn't know, it was relegated to "A"(pro) only riders for the newly invented "FMF triple crown 125 Dreamrace series" consisting of the 3 National events at Hangtown, Thunder Valley, and Washougal.
I personally know the group of guys who organized this from the very start, years ago in Washougal. (thank you Joey Lancaster and Co.)
Now at this point, I would hope that this whole deal would draw a bit more coverage than it has.

...And oddly enough, last year a kid hardly anybody knew- outside of the Northwest, SMOKED everybody.
Carson Brown.
Please line JS7 up against these guys. Please...
DE262
5/21/2017 8:10pm
So.... results????
( I now know the results after a few WTF phone calls)
Somebody needs to step up and cover this.
Or not.
GreaseMeter
5/21/2017 8:17pm
DE262 wrote:
So.... results????
Or not.
Maybe some events are just made to be taken in live (in person). Most people should step away from their computer monitors and go to hangtown if the pain that is caused by not getting results or coverage is enough to make them piss and moan on a forum.
GreaseMeter
5/21/2017 8:19pm
Ive been to the dream race at washougal for the last 5 years. Trust me, its an absolute success and a bucket list type of event. And shocker, its not on tv and i don't rely on vital to give me live updates and results. This in no way diminishes the event. Go outside, do cool shit.
DE262
5/21/2017 8:21pm
DE262 wrote:
So.... results????
Or not.
Maybe some events are just made to be taken in live (in person). Most people should step away from their computer monitors and go to hangtown...
Maybe some events are just made to be taken in live (in person). Most people should step away from their computer monitors and go to hangtown if the pain that is caused by not getting results or coverage is enough to make them piss and moan on a forum.
Haaaa!!! Save it dude...
I had family in the race- just proving an unfortunate point.
Go sit in traffic.
DE262
5/21/2017 8:23pm
Ive been to the dream race at washougal for the last 5 years. Trust me, its an absolute success and a bucket list type of event...
Ive been to the dream race at washougal for the last 5 years. Trust me, its an absolute success and a bucket list type of event. And shocker, its not on tv and i don't rely on vital to give me live updates and results. This in no way diminishes the event. Go outside, do cool shit.
Thanks for making the drive and supporting the event.
GreaseMeter
5/21/2017 8:23pm
DE262 wrote:
So.... results????
Or not.
Maybe some events are just made to be taken in live (in person). Most people should step away from their computer monitors and go to hangtown...
DE262 wrote:
Haaaa!!! Save it dude...
Go sit in traffic.
classy. Have a nice night
DE262
5/21/2017 8:25pm
DE262 wrote:
Haaaa!!! Save it dude...
Go sit in traffic.
classy. Have a nice night
I am.
Outside...doing the coolest shit ever.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/21/2017 9:48pm
DE262 wrote:
So.... results????
Or not.
Why do you think there isn't much coverage?

Post a reply to: 125 Dreamrace Results from Hangtown? (full list)

The Latest