You Should Buy MX vs. ATV Supercross...Here's Why.

ZefpheX
Edited Date/Time 7/8/2014 9:57am
I was surprised to wake up this morning and see that I reached over 2,000 views and 45 likes on my YouTube video covering why people should go out and buy MX vs. ATV Supercross. Now that might not seem like much to some, but it's unusual for me. I found out later today that Nordic Games featured my video on their MX vs. ATV page on Facebook. I think it is really cool that they did that! Well all of this probably doesn't matter to you but if you click on the link below you will see my reasons on why you should buy Supercross. Have a great day!

MY VIDEO -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XEAl0gET6g
|
mxjef
7/2/2014 6:43pm
All good points!......I can't wait for it to come out!
ZefpheX
7/2/2014 7:24pm
mxjef wrote:
All good points!......I can't wait for it to come out!
Me neither! Thanks!
DoctorJD
7/3/2014 6:17am
Yea, I saw it on FB yesterday, I think you make valid points. For $30, its not like its a huge gamble.

The Shop

the_wood109
7/3/2014 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 6:31pm
First, I'll start by saying that I will be buying this game regardless.

With that said, I really think that they need to have PC be their primary platform (which it obviously isn't.) PC has had a strong community since Reflexs (very) late release. It's this community that is key to maintaining a steady fan base for all future games. Look at Battlefield as an example.

Even with all of the issues with Reflex, myself and many others have tried our best to do organized "clan" races if you will with varying degrees of success. At one time, the EMC series was filling up 4 full gates with 2 mains per week. We kept this going for quite a while, but it really wasn't sustainable for a bunch of reasons, mostly issues with the game itself.

1st connectivity issues from the game being a hastily constructed console port (it was, and still is buggy.) This could be fixed simply by offering dedicated servers that can be administered. At the very least the ability to put a password on the game, or allow the host to kick people. The ability to control sessions would be amazing. For example, MXGP has a qualifying session. While it's only basic and not many options (limited to 6 min,) it's still a great idea and would go along way for determining the starting order in heats and mains. For months we were using many methods for assigning heats ranging from taking screenshots of laptimes (we had people photoshopping laptimes at one point,) to random assignments, none of which worked very well. It was a very frustrating experience trying to have organized races in the game, and sadly, I haven't seen any indication that MvA Supercross is any different. PC is the strongest platform with the most die hard gamers, and really should be the lead.
ZefpheX
7/6/2014 4:46pm
First, I'll start by saying that I will be buying this game regardless. With that said, I really think that they need to have PC be...
First, I'll start by saying that I will be buying this game regardless.

With that said, I really think that they need to have PC be their primary platform (which it obviously isn't.) PC has had a strong community since Reflexs (very) late release. It's this community that is key to maintaining a steady fan base for all future games. Look at Battlefield as an example.

Even with all of the issues with Reflex, myself and many others have tried our best to do organized "clan" races if you will with varying degrees of success. At one time, the EMC series was filling up 4 full gates with 2 mains per week. We kept this going for quite a while, but it really wasn't sustainable for a bunch of reasons, mostly issues with the game itself.

1st connectivity issues from the game being a hastily constructed console port (it was, and still is buggy.) This could be fixed simply by offering dedicated servers that can be administered. At the very least the ability to put a password on the game, or allow the host to kick people. The ability to control sessions would be amazing. For example, MXGP has a qualifying session. While it's only basic and not many options (limited to 6 min,) it's still a great idea and would go along way for determining the starting order in heats and mains. For months we were using many methods for assigning heats ranging from taking screenshots of laptimes (we had people photoshopping laptimes at one point,) to random assignments, none of which worked very well. It was a very frustrating experience trying to have organized races in the game, and sadly, I haven't seen any indication that MvA Supercross is any different. PC is the strongest platform with the most die hard gamers, and really should be the lead.
All true! I host a series for Reflex PC you should check out my group on Steam "MVAREFLEXRACES." We get a good amount of riders each race.
Eatmydirt03
7/8/2014 9:57am
I already gave the last game producer a lot of my money and on the last game, they closed the doors before ever releasing even close to the content we paid for.

Post a reply to: You Should Buy MX vs. ATV Supercross...Here's Why.

The Latest