Whats better? alive reflex or untamed?

Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 5:03pm
Cause there all soo good!
|
3/3/2012 3:42am
People almost universally hated Untamed but I will say this for it - the AI is pretty damn strong and I enjoyed many of the SX track layouts. Unfortunately the controls could be extremely frustrating at times. Plus there is no track deformation.

Everyone will slam Alive off but to be fair it does a lot of things well. Truth is it was scuppered by abominable dlc handling in almost every way imaginable. If however you pick it up "extremely" cheap and just treat it as stand alone experience, there is fun to be had for your virtual MX fix. Some of the Outdoor layouts are awesome.

Reflex isn't perfect but it has by far and away the best physics and overall game play of the bunch. My choice.
3/3/2012 7:14am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2012 7:14am
1.Reflex (still play it because it is awesome)
2.mx vs. atv unleashed (awesome supercross tracks)
3.Untamed for the ps2 (great outdoor tracks)
4.Alive (bad decision to buySad )
JW381
3/3/2012 8:05am
Alive, Reflex, Untamed - In that order for me. Untamed was the worst game ever, if I were to opine. Alive was great, just not enough substance, and Reflex was pretty darn good too, just too hard to race without damn near exploding.
JW381
3/3/2012 8:05am
Also, I get the feeling your original post was possibly sarcastic, and we all took it as a serious inquiry.

The Shop

3/3/2012 8:35pm
People almost universally hated Untamed but I will say this for it - the AI is pretty damn strong and I enjoyed many of the SX...
People almost universally hated Untamed but I will say this for it - the AI is pretty damn strong and I enjoyed many of the SX track layouts. Unfortunately the controls could be extremely frustrating at times. Plus there is no track deformation.

Everyone will slam Alive off but to be fair it does a lot of things well. Truth is it was scuppered by abominable dlc handling in almost every way imaginable. If however you pick it up "extremely" cheap and just treat it as stand alone experience, there is fun to be had for your virtual MX fix. Some of the Outdoor layouts are awesome.

Reflex isn't perfect but it has by far and away the best physics and overall game play of the bunch. My choice.
I reckon untamed had the biggest and best campain cause it wasnt all about online!
3/3/2012 8:36pm
JW381 wrote:
Also, I get the feeling your original post was possibly sarcastic, and we all took it as a serious inquiry.
Confused :/
3/3/2012 8:36pm
1.Reflex (still play it because it is awesome) 2.mx vs. atv unleashed (awesome supercross tracks) 3.Untamed for the ps2 (great outdoor tracks) 4.Alive (bad decision to...
1.Reflex (still play it because it is awesome)
2.mx vs. atv unleashed (awesome supercross tracks)
3.Untamed for the ps2 (great outdoor tracks)
4.Alive (bad decision to buySad )
Same here
3/3/2012 8:37pm
JW381 wrote:
Alive, Reflex, Untamed - In that order for me. Untamed was the worst game ever, if I were to opine. Alive was great, just not enough...
Alive, Reflex, Untamed - In that order for me. Untamed was the worst game ever, if I were to opine. Alive was great, just not enough substance, and Reflex was pretty darn good too, just too hard to race without damn near exploding.
You got all wrong with untamed
Phillips467
3/4/2012 4:13am
I like Reflex, purely because there are some decent Supercross tracks. Alive got old quick, and i soon realised it was no good. I liked Untamed, especially Endurocross, it was really good at the time, but now the controls are too dated, as is the terrain deformation.
JW381
3/4/2012 9:27am
JW381 wrote:
Alive, Reflex, Untamed - In that order for me. Untamed was the worst game ever, if I were to opine. Alive was great, just not enough...
You got all wrong with untamed
I think you got it all wrong. The sound was terrible, the graphics were terrible, the gameplay was terrible, the career mode was a joke. The tracks were ok, and the little replays were nice, something I think all the games need. That's it.
3/5/2012 3:23am
I like Reflex, purely because there are some decent Supercross tracks. Alive got old quick, and i soon realised it was no good. I liked Untamed...
I like Reflex, purely because there are some decent Supercross tracks. Alive got old quick, and i soon realised it was no good. I liked Untamed, especially Endurocross, it was really good at the time, but now the controls are too dated, as is the terrain deformation.
hope the next mx vs atv is better
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
3/5/2012 7:07am
I like Reflex, purely because there are some decent Supercross tracks. Alive got old quick, and i soon realised it was no good. I liked Untamed...
Never going to happen.
peelout
3/5/2012 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2012 1:36pm
Reflex and Alive are close in terms of gameplay (for me). i think Alive ALMOST had everything a moto game should... except more tracks, supercross, and a career mode. also it's pretty sad that the DLC thing went to shit, i was really counting on being able to download tracks and SX.

Untamed was a lot of fun for me for a lot longer than Reflex or Alive though. i played it a lot for a long time, but it wasn't without it's issues either.

Unleashed (both of them) were hands down the best moto games though, had it all. if only they had come out about 8 years later and had good online modes... that would be epic
3/5/2012 10:40pm
T-Fish wrote:
Never going to happen.
Anything is better than Alive
3/5/2012 10:44pm
peelout wrote:
Reflex and Alive are close in terms of gameplay (for me). i think Alive ALMOST had everything a moto game should... except more tracks, supercross, and...
Reflex and Alive are close in terms of gameplay (for me). i think Alive ALMOST had everything a moto game should... except more tracks, supercross, and a career mode. also it's pretty sad that the DLC thing went to shit, i was really counting on being able to download tracks and SX.

Untamed was a lot of fun for me for a lot longer than Reflex or Alive though. i played it a lot for a long time, but it wasn't without it's issues either.

Unleashed (both of them) were hands down the best moto games though, had it all. if only they had come out about 8 years later and had good online modes... that would be epic
yeah
WillyB
3/5/2012 11:03pm
reflex hands down when it comes to actual game play and use of controller.
WillyB
3/8/2012 4:37pm
You guys do know you can tune the bike? Adjust your tires to full sticky and that riding on ice sensation should be less noticeable.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/8/2012 7:44pm
I still play all of them except Alive, the others are still fun but I am glad everyone who had anything to do with Alive got fired, they deserved it.
3/10/2012 10:21am
Do you play on xbox or ps3. I play on xbox and my gamer tag is kx250twosmoker. ill be the #11 guy blowing past you on the takashi 450.Evil
tylerthetrex
3/13/2012 5:23pm
Alive has better graphics and I like you can buy a bike from the REAL manufactures, buy Reflex has better maps and Untamed had better background music (If that matters to anyone).
tylerthetrex
3/13/2012 5:26pm
Do you play on xbox or ps3. I play on xbox and my gamer tag is kx250twosmoker. ill be the #11 guy blowing past you on...
Do you play on xbox or ps3. I play on xbox and my gamer tag is kx250twosmoker. ill be the #11 guy blowing past you on the takashi 450.Evil
tylerundone on 2007 CR125R, 2011 CRF250R or the 2011 CRF450R. (If you can't tell I'm a honda guyGrinning )
3/14/2012 2:14pm
Do you play on xbox or ps3. I play on xbox and my gamer tag is kx250twosmoker. ill be the #11 guy blowing past you on...
gaybox is... gay
426Hemi
Fantasy
2757th
4/26/2012 6:07am
I started playing reflex again and was suprised at how many people still play it online. Lots of good racing to be found even though I get my ass kicked at most of the races.
WillyB
4/26/2012 9:43am
426Hemi wrote:
I started playing reflex again and was suprised at how many people still play it online. Lots of good racing to be found even though I...
I started playing reflex again and was suprised at how many people still play it online. Lots of good racing to be found even though I get my ass kicked at most of the races.
the servers usually always populated on the PC version. Players from all around the world are still playing.
Bronson905
Fantasy
503rd
4/26/2012 10:34am
ALIVE for the outstanding graphics, but REFLEX for the overall gameplay and physics. I've been playing some MX Unleashed lately with my friends, and that game is sooo fun to throw down battles on. But in the long run, NOTHING will beat MX Simulator!
4/27/2012 4:15am
I bought untamed for my son recently (I sold it after reflex came out) and it really reminded me how much of an innovation Reflex was..... The graphics, controls, etc..... Such a shame the makers won't get a chance to tweak and modify Alive and games after it....I still enjoy all 3 though cause they are all different games and all have good and bad things.....
CocaineCrazy
8/24/2012 8:16pm
Alive is the Best out of those choices OP u just need to download a few of the real model bikes level your bike to 3 star turn off Cornering Assist and Jump Assist and its alot of fun you just need to give it a chance once u figure it outs its as realistic as it gets.............and i agree with NateDawg122 Reflex feels like Super Moto but the track is icyLaughing
Grieby54
10/12/2012 10:27am
lostboy819 wrote:
I still play all of them except Alive, the others are still fun but I am glad everyone who had anything to do with Alive got...
I still play all of them except Alive, the others are still fun but I am glad everyone who had anything to do with Alive got fired, they deserved it.
And that makes you a giant dick. Well done.

You do understand that the guys that made the game had their hands tied with a lot of the faults in the game, right? Douchebag...

Post a reply to: Whats better? alive reflex or untamed?

The Latest