Star Wars Battlefront | PS4

DoctorJD
12/8/2015 8:01am
I love it, and hate it. But I can't make myself quit playing it. I'm on PC, by the way.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
12/8/2015 8:22pm
DoctorJD wrote:
I love it, and hate it. But I can't make myself quit playing it. I'm on PC, by the way.
I feel your pain. With all the DLC coming out, i'll be invested more than $120 bucks in this damn game.
Spydee
12/9/2015 12:30am
I like the variety of different game modes, but until you reach a decent rank of at least 5 you just find yourself getting slaughtered as if you were playing Goldeneye on the N64 and everyone around you has the 'Golden Gun'.

Pretty addictive though, I was surprised I liked it as I'm not really much of an FPS fan.
DoctorJD
12/9/2015 5:22am
I guess my main issue with the game is the multi-player mode. In recent years, I've gravitated toward more tactical, hard-core shooters, where being smart is more important than being quick on the trigger. Being accustomed to one-shot kills, and then playing BF, where it takes three seconds (or more) to kill an opponent, is really frustrating. And there are so many bullshit ways to die in this game. Ways that require absolutely zero skill. I dare say it's very "CoD-like", and that's far from a compliment.

There are some things that DICE has to iron out that will make the game play better. Spawns for one. Other than the occasional "partner" spawn, you're at the mercy of the game to decide where to spawn you. I've spawned within the enemy more times than I can count. A couple of days ago, I spawned in front of an enemy walker not once, not twice, but four times. Granted, on the flip side I've had an entire enemy team spawn in front of me while I was in a turret. Damn I racked up some kills!

I'm actually liking the single-player challenges more than multi-player. "Survival" is pretty challenging. Anyway, as frustrating as it is, it's addictive and a bit nostalgic, as I played the hell out of the old Battlefront games.

Post a reply to: Star Wars Battlefront | PS4

The Latest