Next Gen?!?!

Lane-O103
7/8/2014 11:21am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 2:45pm
So I'm thinking about trading my old faithful 360 and getting a next gen console on Black Friday or another big sale but I'm puzzled if I should get a Ps4 or Xbox Uno this go around. As far as getting an Xbox One not that interested in it except for Halo Master Chief Collection and Forza 5, with that said i'm leaning toward going back to PS. Any thoughts, Pro/Cons for both systems??
|
Tpog496
10/15/2014 11:34am
I bought them both. I like the PS4 more personally. The Kinect is a little gimmicky and doesn't always work 100% but it is defiantly cool. Seems like XBone has better exclusives though. I'm looking forward to sunset overdrive. and just fyi if you get rid of your 360 you wont be able to play mva supercross when it comes out
peelout
10/15/2014 1:07pm
i'm on the same fence... i'm still digging my 360 but i'm almost ready to move into NextGen. i'm thinking a PS4. however, i heard (haven't really researched it) that PS3 games are not compatible on the 4... if so that's a huge turn-off as i really want to play some of the PS3 games that i've missed out on by owning just a 360.
Tpog496
10/15/2014 2:31pm
peelout wrote:
i'm on the same fence... i'm still digging my 360 but i'm almost ready to move into NextGen. i'm thinking a PS4. however, i heard (haven't...
i'm on the same fence... i'm still digging my 360 but i'm almost ready to move into NextGen. i'm thinking a PS4. however, i heard (haven't really researched it) that PS3 games are not compatible on the 4... if so that's a huge turn-off as i really want to play some of the PS3 games that i've missed out on by owning just a 360.
With Playstation now you can rent/buy past gen games digitally on the PS4
10/15/2014 2:42pm
A few months back the dude working in my local gamestop told me ps4 has really upped the game for playstation and that most people are buying that instead of the xbone. This is coming from a guy who had a ps1, ps2, and then switched to xbox360. I still own an xbox360 but ill most likely make the switch to ps4 if I upgrade. From what im hearing the new xbox is just way behind the ps4 and also ps4 has a bigger online multiplayer than the xboxone

The Shop

Tpog496
10/15/2014 2:49pm
Jbrandmx85 wrote:
A few months back the dude working in my local gamestop told me ps4 has really upped the game for playstation and that most people are...
A few months back the dude working in my local gamestop told me ps4 has really upped the game for playstation and that most people are buying that instead of the xbone. This is coming from a guy who had a ps1, ps2, and then switched to xbox360. I still own an xbox360 but ill most likely make the switch to ps4 if I upgrade. From what im hearing the new xbox is just way behind the ps4 and also ps4 has a bigger online multiplayer than the xboxone
The Xbox is actually not far behind the ps4. There is a very minimal hardware advantage in the PS4 but like I said I have them both and I can't tell the difference. I just prefer the ps4 because I've never owned a xbox until now. And it takes some getting used to. They both have there exclusive games which is why I bought them both.
10/15/2014 5:13pm
peelout wrote:
i'm on the same fence... i'm still digging my 360 but i'm almost ready to move into NextGen. i'm thinking a PS4. however, i heard (haven't...
just picked up a ps4 over the weekend. Pretty flawless so far. Sucks you gotta dump extra money to play online now though. $50 for a year or something like that.
Preordering GTA5 which comes out in november. Peelout, you should be a fan of that one, eh?
10/15/2014 7:59pm
Jbrandmx85 wrote:
A few months back the dude working in my local gamestop told me ps4 has really upped the game for playstation and that most people are...
Tpog496 wrote:
The Xbox is actually not far behind the ps4. There is a very minimal hardware advantage in the PS4 but like I said I have them...
The Xbox is actually not far behind the ps4. There is a very minimal hardware advantage in the PS4 but like I said I have them both and I can't tell the difference. I just prefer the ps4 because I've never owned a xbox until now. And it takes some getting used to. They both have there exclusive games which is why I bought them both.
Well honestly if they really are that close I'd pick the xbox just over the exclusive titles and the fact that I like xbox controllers better
Tpog496
10/16/2014 6:07am
Jbrandmx85 wrote:
Well honestly if they really are that close I'd pick the xbox just over the exclusive titles and the fact that I like xbox controllers better
They are sweet controllers. I've went through like 4 ps4 controlers already because the rubber keeps rubbing off the joysticks. But haven't had any issues with the xbox
peelout
10/16/2014 8:52am
peelout wrote:
just picked up a ps4 over the weekend. Pretty flawless so far. Sucks you gotta dump extra money to play online now though. $50 for a...
just picked up a ps4 over the weekend. Pretty flawless so far. Sucks you gotta dump extra money to play online now though. $50 for a year or something like that.
Preordering GTA5 which comes out in november. Peelout, you should be a fan of that one, eh?
i couldn't even begin to tell you how many hours that game has taken from my life, lol. one of the better games i've ever played for sure. i just finished playing the Mass Effect Trilogy (again) and am currently going through the Fallout games (again)... i have about 50 games and in the last couple years i've maybe played 5 of them. i'm a video game hoarder though.

PS4 is definitely my next purchase (besides a KTM525 adventure bike)
peelout
10/16/2014 10:33am
good point. i still have my NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, N64, and PS2.

Assassins Creed Rogue is coming out soon for the 360 and PS3 too, if it's anything like Black Flag then it'll be a guaranteed success.
rmzrider91
10/16/2014 5:07pm
I went for the xbone last weekend. Switched from PS2 to Xbox and haven't went back. Forza 5 is awesome and Forza Horizon 2 is really awesome. That's the game that actually made me buy a Xbone. The 360 version isn't worth the $50 if anyone was wanting to pick it up. It does suck we have all this technology but they aren't backwards compatible.
Motodave15
10/16/2014 11:04pm
I already switched, waiting on mxgp 15 to drop on the 18th of november

anyway

ps4 gamertag: Shakeybonezx15 add me
thesadguy
10/22/2014 3:41pm
I would invest in a pc. The "new gen" consoles are barely and upgrade and will be out of date very soon.This console generation will not last 7-8 years like the last one.
mimafia
Fantasy
2636th
10/24/2014 2:45pm
I've had both PS4 and XBOX One. I kept Xbox. Both are great. I wouldn't worry at all about differences in specs. Just buy the one that has the exclusives you prefer.

Post a reply to: Next Gen?!?!

The Latest