4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

New Games ideas - ???

BugsBunny

C100_bugs_bunny004_1

8/2/2011 4:21 AM

what should the next mx vs atv include?? Even though i think alive is pretty good, adding this would be better ,

Maybe-
call it -

AMA sx/mx Tour

16 sx tracks -
20 computer competitiors for every event
10 mx tracks
The whole bar to bar thing on alive is over the top, i mean landing on someone and not crashing is just Gay, its common sense, make it so u can crash when you colide with other players.
MAKE A STORY MODE - OR CHAMPIONSHIP Seires with acumulating points.
no preload, i think reflex had it dialed!
Reflex physics.
If possable , track editor!!!!!

72kiteboarder

C100_gate_escape_moto

8/2/2011 7:12 AM

Career mode.

Amatures - Pros. Work your way up.

TY6

C100_the_dunge

8/2/2011 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2011 7:31 AM

BugsBunny wrote: what should the next mx vs atv include?? Even though i think alive is pretty good, adding this would be better ,

Maybe-
call it -

AMA sx/mx Tour

16 sx tracks -
10 mx tracks
The whole bar to bar thing on alive is over the top, i mean landing on someone and not crashing is just Gay, its common sense, make it so u can crash when you colide with other players.
Reflex physics.

I think if a company endorsed the rider style and physics like that of mx simulator, mixed with the graphics and terrain deformation of Alive/Reflex, design a career mode similar to MTX Mototrax, and the game would be sweet. Also, abolish the horrible canyon and snowy typed landscapes, make the tracks realistic and include proper braking bumps and ruts.

BugsBunny

C100_bugs_bunny004_1

8/2/2011 8:43 PM

BugsBunny wrote: what should the next mx vs atv include?? Even though i think alive is pretty good, adding this would be better ,

Maybe-
call it -

AMA sx/mx Tour

16 sx tracks -
10 mx tracks
Reflex physics.

TY6 wrote: I think if a company endorsed the rider style and physics like that of mx simulator, mixed with the graphics and terrain deformation of Alive/Reflex, design a career mode similar to MTX Mototrax, and the game would be sweet. Also, abolish the horrible canyon and snowy typed landscapes, make the tracks realistic and include proper braking bumps and ruts.

Yer for sure

peelout

C100_100238980_1294767206

8/3/2011 8:35 AM

career mode - amazing the last two games didn't have it

full outdoors and supercross line-up - at least 12 outdoors and 16 supercross

full line up of gear, bikes, etc.

DLC should be an addition to the game, not the reason for the game

good free-ride areas with lots to do and explore

online points for the sessions you've raced like the MotoGP games. it's fun to track your past races, not just the current races.

online lobbies that you can choose from kind of like Untamed

basically, look at MX Unleashed, the first one, and copy that game with new physics and terrain deformation

kcco

TDeath21

C100_rc

8/10/2011 10:13 PM

Work a little on the physics. In Reflex if your back tire hits a guys front tire you go down and he doesn't. Just some minor tweaks there. Also the computer riders seemed really erratic and would crash all the time, a lot of times taking you with them. Fix that too.

Work your way up from amateur to pro, and eventually retire. Like the boxing or UFC games.

19 SX competitors and 39 MX competitors. Complete with back markers and front runners.

Full racing series and real pros to race against. Also make sure Stewart, Reed, Villopoto, Dungey, Canard, etc are at the front of the pack every race instead of in last place.

Have SX lap times be around 1 minute and MX 2 to 3 minutes. A huge SX track is cool but let's keep it realistic.

Would a tear off feature be over the top? Like your screen gets roost on it and you have to pull a tear off to clear your vision. It'd be cool but it might get annoying after awhile. Although it would be super realistic.

Like peelout said, MX Unleashed was near perfection and it was made in 04. Combine the graphics of today with the games Supercross Circuit and MX Unleashed, then you have the perfect MX game in my opinion.

I'm definitely dreaming a bit here, but I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

SuperFan45

C100_619236108_1220288519

8/11/2011 7:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2011 8:23 PM

I would take Reflex, and somehow try to make it slightly easier (or funner) to just mess around on for a beginner, while at the same time being more difficult to master for the expert gamer. this can be done with improvement to the physics over time. The trick is finding the right formula to simulate the suspension of the bike and gravity on the track. I'd focus on the whip effect of turning the bars, and the back end kind of floating/ pivoting around the head tube and steering stops in the air over jumps. (Again, they were on right track with Reflex, but as in the next generation of this.) Next would be improving the feeling of drive from the rear tire. Finding a way to have the back end step out under throttle, and to be able to counter steer to correct. But being able to have the back end step out be a good thing, i.e. steering with the rear wheel. Maybe a manual transmission, but that's a reach, not enough buttons. Lastly (again building on Reflex) find ways to put more small details into the riders mannerisms while performing maneuvers (such as a foot off the peg when scrubbing, right leg moving when you use the rear brake, etc). The idea is the more small details like that, the funner the game is to play. For example, a nice touch would be if you were holding the clutch button and the throttle open, and then released the clutch in the air, the rear wheel would suddenly spin. Or on a hard brake check in the air, the suspension would slightly compress with the gyro effect like on a real bike. I know the way the tires interact with the ground and the movements that the rider makes have to basically work the same, so this is all tough to do, no question.

Next thing most important would be the artwork, or the background of the environments. Of course, the perfect game would license the outdoor tracks. Re-create the tracks, and they will be fun. But really re-create the atmosphere of the track, to scale. That's a main thing when thinking about how the graphics should look, scale. I think in the ideal game, the rider/bike takes up more of the screen, shows the rear suspension working, and the rear tire locking, sliding and clawing. In general, the game appears to be "moving slower" compared to older games, yet at the same time delivers the sensation of speed for the player. Like if you go off a jump leaning too far one direction, you are floating that way, unless you turn the bars and lean the right way, and apply the right combination of throttle to land how you want to land, just like on a real bike. The camera perspective should be "looking up and out" into the environment as much as possible instead of "down onto", for a large sense of scale. Maybe this game is better suited for playstation 4, lol. But that's my megalomaniac idea for an MX game.

As far as profiting on it, if the tracks are really great, hold back red bud and glamis or something, and charge $15 for the DLC packs. Continue making new tracks after the game is released at $10 bucks a pop.

Ramrod

C100_6212275039_260a7f0057_o_1378332524

8/11/2011 8:04 PM

I'm not going to worry about mx vs atv going away. There will be another mx game in a few years I bet. The market is profitable for a good mx game.

How many guys here have bought every mx game ever made? That's what I thought, we all do and have cash in our hands willing to buy a kickass mx game just like the ideas you guys have above.

Until then, I am having fun back racing Reflex.

72kiteboarder

C100_gate_escape_moto

8/11/2011 8:07 PM

I skipped Alive. It looked like a dog from the start to me.

stangkag

C100_barcia1

10/2/2011 5:29 PM

Ramrod wrote: I'm not going to worry about mx vs atv going away. There will be another mx game in a few years I bet. The market is profitable for a good mx game.

How many guys here have bought every mx game ever made? That's what I thought, we all do and have cash in our hands willing to buy a kickass mx game just like the ideas you guys have above.

Until then, I am having fun back racing Reflex.

Couldnt agree more...Beat alive pretty quick and got really bored really quick. Reflex has been in the console ever since.

As others have mentioned

Ameteur to pros would be cool
a championship points series for the TITLE
More customizable parts for our bikes, I want a lot more parts to customize our bikes.

And for shits and giggles I want a CR500 AF! BBBRRRAAAAPPPPPPPPP

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

motokawi818

C100_335812_269441246401459_100000067563167_1111649_4664326_o

10/2/2011 7:24 PM

MTX mototrax with reflex gameplay slightly improved. DREAM game haha

Teach a man to ride and he'll catch some chicks, teach a man how to catch some chicks
and he'll issue the thumbs-up.

Word.

Crash82

C100_birdprofile_1387399428

10/3/2011 6:54 AM

Tired of typing this crap up for nothing...the developer needs to hand pick a few select hardcore gamer's that have been racing online moto since 1996 and listen to them. Simple.

"Life is not fair, but life is not fair for everyone... which actually makes it fair."

TWzTED THROTTLE

C100_553403_328821183868082_1597695065_n

1/5/2012 6:31 AM

I think a really detailed track editor would be sweet. Being able to make step ups, downhills, off-camber corners, and crazy rythym sections would be the coolest thing ever.

peelout

C100_100238980_1294767206

1/5/2012 10:31 AM

i want a game where i can f*ck and shoot hookers, jump in my car and kamikaze it into a building while throwing molotov cocktails out the window at passers by.

kcco

sbarrington314

C100_d507c9cdb4b52195fc3bfc3dc31b5a4d_1390970869

1/5/2012 2:11 PM

peelout wrote: i want a game where i can f*ck and shoot hookers, jump in my car and kamikaze it into a building while throwing molotov cocktails out the window at passers by.

lol
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/
Post a Reply to: New Games ideas - ???

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm