Mad Max Game

peelout
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2015 8:54am
anyone tried this yet?

i've been completely invested in The Witcher 3 lately but needed a little break so i picked it up the other day and it's definitely purchase worthy. not the most deep and enveloping story but there's sooo much to do. really digging it and building up the car is awesome. combat is very similar to the Batman games, stringing together combos and timed blocks, etc.

check it out bros.

i actually was going to pick up MGS Phantom Pain, but i wanted something i could just jump into and play that wouldn't be too attention grabbing. this game is super violent and high octane, perfect distraction from Witcher.

https://youtu.be/CSeudN-hpgk
|
Tpog496
9/10/2015 12:56pm
I thought about getting it but I've been playing the shit out of Destiny. Also there are so many sick looking games coming up this fall that this kind of seemed like a waste. But I might pick it up.
peelout
9/10/2015 1:07pm
Tpog496 wrote:
I thought about getting it but I've been playing the shit out of Destiny. Also there are so many sick looking games coming up this fall...
I thought about getting it but I've been playing the shit out of Destiny. Also there are so many sick looking games coming up this fall that this kind of seemed like a waste. But I might pick it up.
definitely not saying it's in the running for game of the year or anything, but it's a fun one for sure. it's pretty brutal and the environment and atmosphere give off a perfect Mad Max feeling
9/10/2015 3:43pm
I took a chance on MGS 5 (never played a Metal Gear game before) but I will definitely be picking up Mad Max at some point too. Looks like they've done a great job with it! (which isn't often the case with a lot of movie game tie-ins).
peelout
9/11/2015 8:18am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 8:19am
I took a chance on MGS 5 (never played a Metal Gear game before) but I will definitely be picking up Mad Max at some point...
I took a chance on MGS 5 (never played a Metal Gear game before) but I will definitely be picking up Mad Max at some point too. Looks like they've done a great job with it! (which isn't often the case with a lot of movie game tie-ins).
i'll be picking up MGS5 this winter. i've played and completed every one so far, funny thing is i have no fucking clue what the story is about. the chronological order of that game is enough to give me a headache lol... MGS4 was a cinematic masterpiece but the cut-scenes took over the gameplay. MGS2 Sons of Liberty is still my favorite of them all. that game was so far ahead of it's time, it's crazy. MGS3 Snake Eater was awesome as well, i think it's the first of them all on the timeline.

also, did you play MGS1? games these days just aren't as brilliant in boss fights as MGS was. i remember fighting Psycho Mantis over and over and over and couldn't figure it out. turns out you had to plug your controller into the 2nd player port so that Psycho couldn't read what you were doing... genius

back to Mad Max, i'm leveling him up as well as my car and it's getting better every minute. i played for about 3 hours last night and never did a single mission... so much to do

The Shop

9/11/2015 11:09am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 11:11am
I did play a bit of MGS1 back in the day at a friends house but only for a few minutes in total, not really what you'd call anything like a proper attempt. I was a bit worried about getting into the series starting at 5, but as you say it seems like the general consensus is that the story is a total mess anyway! So far after 20 hrs I would describe it as generally always very good with moments of sheer brilliance. It starts of very much how you describe 4 - very cinematic, very tense but also overly restrictive and linear. However after the opening set piece it completely opens out.

I know some people criticise it for being too simple but I'm very much a fan of the Batman style fighting system, it's easy to pick up and feels brutal. So I'm fairly certain that I'll like Mad Max just for that. I also like the idea of starting off with junk and gradually building up your car into something epic, plus it looks super atmospheric and awesome, and from what I've read runs extremely well. Bet the PS4 feels like quite an upgrade, I still want one for Christmas! Until Dawn, Bloodborne, The last of us... can't wait to play them.
ToryKa
9/25/2015 4:38am
I am from those people who criticize it for being too simple. As for me you will play it for like one month maximum and then you just forget about its existence. However, I truly like the atmosphere and design there.
1-forty-8
9/25/2015 10:32pm
peelout wrote:
anyone tried this yet? i've been completely invested in The Witcher 3 lately but needed a little break so i picked it up the other day...
anyone tried this yet?

i've been completely invested in The Witcher 3 lately but needed a little break so i picked it up the other day and it's definitely purchase worthy. not the most deep and enveloping story but there's sooo much to do. really digging it and building up the car is awesome. combat is very similar to the Batman games, stringing together combos and timed blocks, etc.

check it out bros.

i actually was going to pick up MGS Phantom Pain, but i wanted something i could just jump into and play that wouldn't be too attention grabbing. this game is super violent and high octane, perfect distraction from Witcher.

I'm struggling to get into Witcher 3.. I don't know why.. I know it's good.. I'm just not feeling it. I've only put in about 5 hours though, so maybe just need to keep plugging away.

Real excited about the new Fallout game, and Star Wars Battlefront, high hopes for both of those. And also can't wait for the new guitar hero game!

Mad Max does look good. I might what for that one to drop down in price and then get it.
peelout
9/28/2015 10:09am
peelout wrote:
anyone tried this yet? i've been completely invested in The Witcher 3 lately but needed a little break so i picked it up the other day...
anyone tried this yet?

check it out bros.

1-forty-8 wrote:
I'm struggling to get into Witcher 3.. I don't know why.. I know it's good.. I'm just not feeling it. I've only put in about 5...
I'm struggling to get into Witcher 3.. I don't know why.. I know it's good.. I'm just not feeling it. I've only put in about 5 hours though, so maybe just need to keep plugging away.

Real excited about the new Fallout game, and Star Wars Battlefront, high hopes for both of those. And also can't wait for the new guitar hero game!

Mad Max does look good. I might what for that one to drop down in price and then get it.
i hear you on getting into Witcher, i really didn't pick up "wanting" to get into it until i opened up the second area. i'd honestly say if you're not completely invested by the time you're about level 10-15, then it's probably not going to happen. getting from Level 1 to 10 was tough for me, mainly because i'd keep rushing into battle and getting owned. i can't put it down now though, unless it's to play MadMax
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
9/29/2015 7:19am
Mad max looks cool as hell!
peelout
9/29/2015 8:54am
Crash82 wrote:
Mad max looks cool as hell!
it's badass, highly recommended. just keeps getting better and better as you progress through the game, and the environments are awesome

Post a reply to: Mad Max Game

The Latest