MXGP Game Review! *More New Gameplay Videos*

Phillips467
3/12/2014 4:20pm
I got a final copy of the game today, and I've been playing it non-stop since then! It takes a while to adapt to it, as it's completely different to any other MX game out there, but once you get the hang of how you're meant to play it, it's pretty awesome.

The time it takes for you to get up after a fall is definitely way, way too short; I'll relay this information to them and hopefully they can fix it. It got to a point where I crashed in the first turn, and rode away in a better position than what I was in when I crashed!
JW381
3/12/2014 4:36pm
I got a final copy of the game today, and I've been playing it non-stop since then! It takes a while to adapt to it, as...
I got a final copy of the game today, and I've been playing it non-stop since then! It takes a while to adapt to it, as it's completely different to any other MX game out there, but once you get the hang of how you're meant to play it, it's pretty awesome.

The time it takes for you to get up after a fall is definitely way, way too short; I'll relay this information to them and hopefully they can fix it. It got to a point where I crashed in the first turn, and rode away in a better position than what I was in when I crashed!
That definitely sucks, but glad to hear everything else is solid Cool
JohnnyMc
3/12/2014 9:16pm
Great, can't imagine how stupid everyone will be online going to first turn lol. Now the fricken wait for some publisher to pull his finger out and distribute game to the US. Ugh.

Enjoy the game Lewis, lucky guy.
motoman617
3/13/2014 7:42am
I've got the PC version ordered from Amazon. Really looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully any bugs or changes can be fixed with a patch after release.

The Shop

3/13/2014 9:36am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2014 9:37am
For any PC gamers it's advertised on Steam right now with a 15% discount from the 24th (according to the forums). Or even better you can also pick it up off GMG for just a little over £21 apparently. I don't think that applies to anyone in the U.S but it might be worth checking out both sites just in case, on the off chance, idk.
motoman617
3/13/2014 9:53am
For any PC gamers it's advertised on Steam right now with a 15% discount from the 24th (according to the forums). Or even better you can...
For any PC gamers it's advertised on Steam right now with a 15% discount from the 24th (according to the forums). Or even better you can also pick it up off GMG for just a little over £21 apparently. I don't think that applies to anyone in the U.S but it might be worth checking out both sites just in case, on the off chance, idk.
Thanks.... I've been watching Steam to see when it shows up. I'll cancel Amazon tonight and just buy it off Steam.
3/13/2014 9:58am
For any PC gamers it's advertised on Steam right now with a 15% discount from the 24th (according to the forums). Or even better you can...
motoman617 wrote:
Thanks.... I've been watching Steam to see when it shows up. I'll cancel Amazon tonight and just buy it off Steam.
No probs, but do make 100% sure that it's on your version (U.S) of Steam first. I wouldn't want to inadvertently ruin your pre-order.
motoman617
3/13/2014 11:06am
motoman617 wrote:
No probs, but do make 100% sure that it's on your version (U.S) of Steam first. I wouldn't want to inadvertently ruin your pre-order.
I did look at Steam here but it just says it unlocks on the 28th. No pricing listed. I'll hang onto to my pre-order till it is a for sure thing on Steam. If not I'll just get the code from Amazon.
JW381
3/13/2014 5:12pm
Damn, so sick. To me, with the way you had to ride the track, take the right lines, brake accordingly, that shit looks like riding a dirtbike more than any other video game I've seen, save for MXS, I guess.
Phillips467
3/13/2014 5:18pm
JW381 wrote:
Damn, so sick. To me, with the way you had to ride the track, take the right lines, brake accordingly, that shit looks like riding a...
Damn, so sick. To me, with the way you had to ride the track, take the right lines, brake accordingly, that shit looks like riding a dirtbike more than any other video game I've seen, save for MXS, I guess.
That's exactly what it's like! On some of the tighter tracks, you actually have to think about throttle control etc. I definitely prefer that to the MX vs. ATV games where you just had to hold it pinned.

Also, there's a separate button for the back brake, I discovered, which makes it a little more technical (and fun)!
3/13/2014 5:32pm
Very interesting, Matterley looks great there. How are you finding the AI? Have you also by any chance discovered how long you can set the race length for?
JohnnyMc
3/13/2014 9:19pm
I'll be videoing some laps around a few tracks for you guys in the coming days - if I didn't have the game yet I'd want...
I'll be videoing some laps around a few tracks for you guys in the coming days - if I didn't have the game yet I'd want to see this stuff! Here's a lap I did of Matterley Basin, on the hardest difficulty. Apologies for the quality.

http://www.mxvice.com/media/videos/mxgp-gameplay-matterley-basin/
Game looks great and your driving made it look better too. Well, except that you just whooped the 7 time wc like he was a lapper. Oh well. Any indication in longer races if ruts actually matter because it seems like the bikes make ruts so fast and plow through them that its more for looks so far?
Phillips467
3/14/2014 9:03am
Very interesting, Matterley looks great there. How are you finding the AI? Have you also by any chance discovered how long you can set the race...
Very interesting, Matterley looks great there. How are you finding the AI? Have you also by any chance discovered how long you can set the race length for?
The Al is good, probably the most competitive that we have ever had on an MX game. They provide enough of a challenge to make it entertaining, but once you get the game dialled, it's not overly hard to beat them. You can set race lengths to the real length (35 mins), I believe, I'll double check next time I go on it!
Phillips467
3/14/2014 9:05am
I'll be videoing some laps around a few tracks for you guys in the coming days - if I didn't have the game yet I'd want...
I'll be videoing some laps around a few tracks for you guys in the coming days - if I didn't have the game yet I'd want to see this stuff! Here's a lap I did of Matterley Basin, on the hardest difficulty. Apologies for the quality.

JohnnyMc wrote:
Game looks great and your driving made it look better too. Well, except that you just whooped the 7 time wc like he was a lapper...
Game looks great and your driving made it look better too. Well, except that you just whooped the 7 time wc like he was a lapper. Oh well. Any indication in longer races if ruts actually matter because it seems like the bikes make ruts so fast and plow through them that its more for looks so far?
The ruts do matter, specifically on the sandy tracks. The terrain deformation is also more realistic than Reflex etc.
3/14/2014 10:05am
I know this has been addressed before... but do you any of you know the safest and fastest way to get this game for PS3 in North America (Canada specifically)? I keep trying to find out if it's going to be available on the PS Store, but can't seem to find any answers. I'm also down to order it online from ebay or somewhere similar, but I want to make sure it's reliable! Any help from you folks over in Europe would be greatly appreciated.... this game looks awesome!

Been waiting way too long for a decent MX console game. This finally looks like it could be it!

Thanks!
Grieby54
3/15/2014 7:17am
The rider position blows and the scrubs look awful. There's no way to throw your own style of whip/scrub because they have one animation for it where every time you do it you endo at the end.
3/15/2014 8:05am
I know this has been addressed before... but do you any of you know the safest and fastest way to get this game for PS3 in...
I know this has been addressed before... but do you any of you know the safest and fastest way to get this game for PS3 in North America (Canada specifically)? I keep trying to find out if it's going to be available on the PS Store, but can't seem to find any answers. I'm also down to order it online from ebay or somewhere similar, but I want to make sure it's reliable! Any help from you folks over in Europe would be greatly appreciated.... this game looks awesome!

Been waiting way too long for a decent MX console game. This finally looks like it could be it!

Thanks!
An individual i know personally has most of there games for the psn, and there all compatible with the usa version for the sony playstation 3, even the ones that were not region free.
#CouchRacers #JMcTygue #MxGPVideoGame #MxGP
tobz
3/15/2014 4:34pm
Grieby54 wrote:
The rider position blows and the scrubs look awful. There's no way to throw your own style of whip/scrub because they have one animation for it...
The rider position blows and the scrubs look awful. There's no way to throw your own style of whip/scrub because they have one animation for it where every time you do it you endo at the end.
QFT
thorns
3/17/2014 12:48am

Are you playing this on PC or console? Interested to hear how it controls on a keyboard versus the gamepad?
Grieby54
3/18/2014 6:53am
I know this has been addressed before... but do you any of you know the safest and fastest way to get this game for PS3 in...

Thanks!
An individual i know personally has most of there games for the psn, and there all compatible with the usa version for the sony playstation 3...
An individual i know personally has most of there games for the psn, and there all compatible with the usa version for the sony playstation 3, even the ones that were not region free.
#CouchRacers #JMcTygue #MxGPVideoGame #MxGP
#hashtagsdon'tworkheredipshit
2QK4U
3/20/2014 5:51am
Looks awesome the rider physics are great just one question does it have 2 player splitscreen mode?
JW381
3/20/2014 10:56am
That looks so outrageously good. Too bad about the weak AI tho. I liked the last couple F1 games because the AI could be set to extreme difficulty.
Phillips467
3/20/2014 11:46am
JW381 wrote:
That looks so outrageously good. Too bad about the weak AI tho. I liked the last couple F1 games because the AI could be set to...
That looks so outrageously good. Too bad about the weak AI tho. I liked the last couple F1 games because the AI could be set to extreme difficulty.
The Al is good until you get the game completely dialled in (which is the stage I'm at now).
3/20/2014 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2014 4:11pm
Dev in the forums said they're going to make some changes and a demo will be available tomorrow - looking forward to it!
JohnnyMc
3/20/2014 9:14pm
JW381 wrote:
That looks so outrageously good. Too bad about the weak AI tho. I liked the last couple F1 games because the AI could be set to...
The Al is good until you get the game completely dialled in (which is the stage I'm at now).
You look dialed in - making the game look nice I think. Great job. Probably the most noticeable thing is your driving around and keeping the back wheel in line and not breaking loose / sliding around - something I saw too much in the videos from MUD. Now that I see it gets better once players learn the game, that is one less thing for me to worry about. Of course, just getting the game for the xbox here in US looks sad for a long time so now I got to cross fingers and hope the dang pc demo can even work on my older laptop.

Post a reply to: MXGP Game Review! *More New Gameplay Videos*

The Latest