MX vs ATV Supercross news!

Edited Date/Time 10/30/2014 4:37am
This is directly from MX vs ATV Supercross Executive Producer Ken George. This was in reply to someone saying that the new Supercross game will just be Alive with the unreleased tracks.

Read what follows. Sounds great! Especially the points series part. Finally!!. With Supercross and MXGP coming out all soon it will be a great year for MX gaming! Stoked!

From Ken George:

Its _not_ just the unreleased tracks We've completed a major physics overhaul and the game is already playing more like Reflex and Untamed.

We're not using the unreleased tracks at all. Instead, we've built new ones from scratch

Lots of other cool stuff that will be revealed later, but I wanted to let you know its NOT just Alive with new tracks!

We will have 250 East, 250 West and 450 points series... Same goes for several ATV series and MX vs ATV series, plus some more surprises. Alive didn't have any season mode at all, and having all of these different race types in a $15 game is a pretty good value

Ken George
Executive Producer
MX vs. ATV

Ken concludes by saying there will be weekly updates from their Phoenix studio.

I know Mike Mamula has been hard at work on this game.
|
JW381
2/26/2014 4:49pm
GGAAAYYYYYYYY Thank Gawd for MXGP, hope I get to play it stateside.
2/26/2014 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2014 5:50pm
Amazing how everyone hated on Milestone and praised MVA for the last two years and now the roles are somewhat reversed.

I actually expect both games to be very well made and think that Milestone really amping up the realism and full license of MXGP may help push the MVA game to greater heights than ever before. I've always thought MVA had potential but always failed with no true season points mode and lack of AMA license. So it looks like that the points series has already been addressed so that is great news.

I know that the team that is doing Supercross is a good small group of some of the best of the old Rainbow Studios. I have much more faith in the new team. They have taken the best of the group and don't have the ones that made the game so arcade.

I can't wait for both games.
2/27/2014 4:03am
JW381 wrote:
You ridiculed me for criticizing the MXGP footage, and now your hating on the MVA game before you've seen any footage at all?Blink

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
2/27/2014 4:53am
That sounds like great news. I said in a post that I thought they might just take alive and add the unreleased sx tracks, seems like that would be the easy cost effective business thing to do. Glad I am wrong.

I think a lot of people in the great Alive vs Reflex debate really wanted was for them to take the best parts of both games and merge them into one great game. Sounds like they are doing that. Can't wait.
JohnnyMc
2/27/2014 9:55am
Sounds like a real attempt to make things right with the franchise - point series, hopefully some improved physics (better than reflex and alive), and an affordable download price. Not sure why they are scrapping the tracks they had. Hopefully these new ones have some realistic scale. Nice thing is it doesnt conflict with mxgp, so hopefully here in the US I can get mxgp for some outdoor tracks and mva for the sx. It will be first time I have 2 mx games to choose from sitting on the couch.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
2/27/2014 11:17am
This is directly from MX vs ATV Supercross Executive Producer Ken George. This was in reply to someone saying that the new Supercross game will just...
This is directly from MX vs ATV Supercross Executive Producer Ken George. This was in reply to someone saying that the new Supercross game will just be Alive with the unreleased tracks.

Read what follows. Sounds great! Especially the points series part. Finally!!. With Supercross and MXGP coming out all soon it will be a great year for MX gaming! Stoked!

From Ken George:

Its _not_ just the unreleased tracks We've completed a major physics overhaul and the game is already playing more like Reflex and Untamed.

We're not using the unreleased tracks at all. Instead, we've built new ones from scratch

Lots of other cool stuff that will be revealed later, but I wanted to let you know its NOT just Alive with new tracks!

We will have 250 East, 250 West and 450 points series... Same goes for several ATV series and MX vs ATV series, plus some more surprises. Alive didn't have any season mode at all, and having all of these different race types in a $15 game is a pretty good value

Ken George
Executive Producer
MX vs. ATV

Sounds pretty cool, I'll buy it as soon as it's available!
JW381
2/27/2014 12:19pm
JW381 wrote:
You ridiculed me for criticizing the MXGP footage, and now your hating on the MVA game before you've seen any footage at all?Blink
I see what you're saying, but there's a difference. I have played Reflex and Untamed and hated them both quite much. You haven't played MXGP, you might have played MUD, but Milestone said the new game doesn't share anything with MUD so it is a new game entirely.
JW381
2/27/2014 12:21pm
JohnnyMc wrote:
Sounds like a real attempt to make things right with the franchise - point series, hopefully some improved physics (better than reflex and alive), and an...
Sounds like a real attempt to make things right with the franchise - point series, hopefully some improved physics (better than reflex and alive), and an affordable download price. Not sure why they are scrapping the tracks they had. Hopefully these new ones have some realistic scale. Nice thing is it doesnt conflict with mxgp, so hopefully here in the US I can get mxgp for some outdoor tracks and mva for the sx. It will be first time I have 2 mx games to choose from sitting on the couch.
That is one of the things I'm most pumped about - some actual legitimate competition. Back in the day there were quite a few different MX/SX games and that drove the market. Obviously things are nothing like they PS1/N64 days anymore, but still. Competing games should only be good for us all, in theory.
2/27/2014 3:23pm
JW381 wrote:
I see what you're saying, but there's a difference. I [i]have[/i] played Reflex and Untamed and hated them both quite much. You haven't played MXGP, you...
I see what you're saying, but there's a difference. I have played Reflex and Untamed and hated them both quite much. You haven't played MXGP, you might have played MUD, but Milestone said the new game doesn't share anything with MUD so it is a new game entirely.
You do have a good point, but its not going to be the same physics as untamed and reflex. Its going to bring the best of both of those together in order to make the ultimate motocross game. And yes, I shouldn't really critique MXGP until the game officially comes out and I get a chance to play it. Just as you should do the same with the new MVA game
JW381
2/27/2014 4:37pm
JW381 wrote:
I see what you're saying, but there's a difference. I [i]have[/i] played Reflex and Untamed and hated them both quite much. You haven't played MXGP, you...
You do have a good point, but its not going to be the same physics as untamed and reflex. Its going to bring the best of...
You do have a good point, but its not going to be the same physics as untamed and reflex. Its going to bring the best of both of those together in order to make the ultimate motocross game. And yes, I shouldn't really critique MXGP until the game officially comes out and I get a chance to play it. Just as you should do the same with the new MVA game
Right, but I can express that I'm unhappy that they're steering the game to play similar to Reflex and Untamed. I don't have to play it to know that I'm not stoked on that.
3/2/2014 3:10pm
Sounds great. I didn't care for the untamed physics all that much but im sure this game will be a nice upgrade from anything before
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
3/3/2014 2:05pm
JW381 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
So keep on playing that shitty game alive....Love it the new game going the reflex route.
JW381
3/3/2014 2:08pm
JW381 wrote:
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
So keep on playing that shitty game alive....Love it the new game going the reflex route.
Hopefully I don't have to play either once I get ahold of MXGP, DAWG.
slowngreen
3/4/2014 10:11am
Cool to see something happening. I wish it hadnt ever stopped though. I LOVED reflex, was really into it. Now that Im into mx sim I doubt I could get back into it at all. To me MXGP doesnt look that great. Tracks look sick but it looks like a new version of mxvatv to me the way the rider movements are.

All that really matters is that there are going to be options for mx gamers, thats the huge bright side to it all.
3/6/2014 8:46am
Any new MX game sounds great but is anyone else bothered by the 15.00 price tag? Usually games in that range are fun but hardly give the experience we are all craving.
peelout
3/6/2014 9:10am
Any new MX game sounds great but is anyone else bothered by the 15.00 price tag? Usually games in that range are fun but hardly give...
Any new MX game sounds great but is anyone else bothered by the 15.00 price tag? Usually games in that range are fun but hardly give the experience we are all craving.
it's likely going to be available on the Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation store, etc.

pretty uncommon i agree, but some of the best games i've ever played i bought from the Live Arcade.

Shadow Complex comes to mind, Trials, Walking Dead Series, etc...
3/8/2014 2:52pm
They probally made it cheap so you can purchase future dlc content like tracks, bikes , gear etc... Just like alive did
Fantasy
2106th
3/11/2014 6:00pm
Sooo exited wish they'd release gameplay. Laughing
Fantasy
2106th
3/11/2014 7:56pm
This is directly from MX vs ATV Supercross Executive Producer Ken George. This was in reply to someone saying that the new Supercross game will just...

From Ken George:

Ken George
Executive Producer
MX vs. ATV

Where can we see the "weekly updates"?
3/12/2014 3:18pm
Sounds good. All apart from the Untamed bit.

Unleashed was awesome and I spent many hours on the ps2 playing that game but when Untamed came out I spent about half an hour playing it before I put Unleashed back in. The floaty feeling and no traction drives me daft.

Reflex with grip could be good though.
3/13/2014 5:28am
They probally made it cheap so you can purchase future dlc content like tracks, bikes , gear etc... Just like alive did
I didn't think about that, hopefully that is the case. I'm all up for buying extra tracks and bikes.
Fantasy
2106th
3/13/2014 2:45pm
JohnnyMc wrote:
@917 - over on the Nordic forum there is a thread with 120 pgs now. 2 guys from the Arizona team now pop in to answer...
@917 - over on the Nordic forum there is a thread with 120 pgs now. 2 guys from the Arizona team now pop in to answer questions, users: Ken Mx vs ATV and RedneckXprss. http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?178156-MX-vs-ATV/page120 Link is to the most current pg as of today.
Ok thank you a lot!
3/31/2014 5:45pm

From Ken George:

Ken George
Executive Producer
MX vs. ATV

Come on this is great news and all but we need more information about the game we need to see screenshots of the game even videos there has been one video out and it's the sneak peek and all but that was a while back so is this news we the fans need something to look forward tooooo
JW381
3/31/2014 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 6:47pm
JW381 wrote:
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
I'm not so full of myself that I can't admit changing attitudes. I followed a few of your guys' advice and changed the settings on my bikes on Reflex and I'm actually having a pretty damn good time playing thru the career again and making cool bikes. The game plays a lot better with the tires set to "sticky", I still get so fuckin pissed when I barely tap another ride and turn into a flying cluster bomb, though. Just thought I'd share.

(Re-read that comment and it sounds like I was calling you out, which I wasn't. I was just saying I don't have a problem admitting when I was a little off-base on something.)
4/3/2014 6:35pm
JW381 wrote:
I'm not so full of myself that I can't admit changing attitudes. I followed a few of your guys' advice and changed the settings on my...
I'm not so full of myself that I can't admit changing attitudes. I followed a few of your guys' advice and changed the settings on my bikes on Reflex and I'm actually having a pretty damn good time playing thru the career again and making cool bikes. The game plays a lot better with the tires set to "sticky", I still get so fuckin pissed when I barely tap another ride and turn into a flying cluster bomb, though. Just thought I'd share.

(Re-read that comment and it sounds like I was calling you out, which I wasn't. I was just saying I don't have a problem admitting when I was a little off-base on something.)
Its all good man, I honestly could care less as to what game you like or dislike. Every body has a right to their own opinion, but with that being said I'm glad your enjoying reflex now. When I first started playing reflex it frustrated the crap out of me. But after non-stop practice, I really got the hang of it and now its still my favorite mx game. Hopefully I'll be able to try the new MXGP game soon so I can really see what that game is about too
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/4/2014 9:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2014 9:16pm
Sticky, lol. How many clicks for sticky tires? I've played them all and I rate them in this order, MX GP, MX sim, Reflex, Alive....
of course the best one for you is the the one you like best. Don't make a dang what i like.

Post a reply to: MX vs ATV Supercross news!

The Latest