MX Simulator: What's all the fuss about??!

thekendogg
Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 4:43am
I have been a Motocross game addict since I fist unleashed Motocross Madness and Edgar Torrenteras' MX Game on my PC. I have since bought all of the series from MX2002 right through to MX vs ATV Alive, and like most people am very disappionted with the distinct lack of improvement since MX Unleashed, and with Alive's lack of quality and lack of pick up and play attraction.

All I have heard for the past 2 or 3 years is all about MX Simulator, so I decided to download the demo today. I realise that I may not be an expert at it, but come on, really?? The demo is more outdated than Motocross Madness!! Yes I see that there may be slightly newer versions of the game out now, but the gameplay is dreadfully poor. The rider won't turn, he persists on leaning over , there's little to no style, I cannot navigate a corner without having to come to a stand still, along with a catalog of other problems.

Is there something I am missing here? I was excited that this may open a new chapter in Motocross video games for me, but at the minute that looks unlikely...
|
peelout
3/5/2012 1:39pm
i wasn't able to get into it because i lack the time and patience to learn how to be decent.

but from the general chatter here and other places, it's just about the perfect moto game.

i know people have the time and that's cool for them, but i just want to get on my xbox and moto for an hour or two.

i've recently started playing MCM2 a lot again and am loving it.
DoctorJD
3/5/2012 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2012 1:43pm
MXS is not a plug-and-play game (for the most part). Simply learning to "ride" the bike is a challenge in-and-of itself. You will not find instant gratification with this game. Finding the right control and bike settings for your ability level and style are paramount to your gaming enjoyment. Yes, the stock skins are very basic and the tracks are not terribly intriguing, however, there are thousands of free skins available for download.

It's in a different universe from a console game and shouldn't be compared as such. I personally like the challenge of the MXS, simply learning to corner and jump are major achievements. I've gotten to the point where I can kick the AI's ass on the tracks that come loaded with the game, but I've never delved into racing online.

If you're just getting started, go to the forum on mxsimulator.com and glean as much info as possible. It's fun, but you've got to take your lumps and do your homework to get good.
tobz
3/5/2012 3:02pm
thekendogg wrote:
I have been a Motocross game addict since I fist unleashed Motocross Madness and Edgar Torrenteras' MX Game on my PC. I have since bought all...
I have been a Motocross game addict since I fist unleashed Motocross Madness and Edgar Torrenteras' MX Game on my PC. I have since bought all of the series from MX2002 right through to MX vs ATV Alive, and like most people am very disappionted with the distinct lack of improvement since MX Unleashed, and with Alive's lack of quality and lack of pick up and play attraction.

All I have heard for the past 2 or 3 years is all about MX Simulator, so I decided to download the demo today. I realise that I may not be an expert at it, but come on, really?? The demo is more outdated than Motocross Madness!! Yes I see that there may be slightly newer versions of the game out now, but the gameplay is dreadfully poor. The rider won't turn, he persists on leaning over , there's little to no style, I cannot navigate a corner without having to come to a stand still, along with a catalog of other problems.

Is there something I am missing here? I was excited that this may open a new chapter in Motocross video games for me, but at the minute that looks unlikely...
You've got to be prepared to log some hours into it to be able to put it very slow but clean laps. While it does have a nice feeling when you nut a section out or go through a corner at a normal speed, the crash rate is rediculous and just as unrealistic as any Mx vs Atv game. I just like how you can ride different SX tracks, but it's far from perfect.
3/5/2012 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2012 4:43pm
yea, no style, and the bikes dont turn.
https://youtu.be/eQ6IGqGswXo

its a simulator dude. its not gonna be easy.

i guarantee you this tho. if you buy the full game, youll instantly have more content at your finger tips than all of the previous mx games put together.

The Shop

AUS_Twisted
3/6/2012 12:31am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 12:32am
It's a simulator that does not have controls to support it, so realistically it's simulating MX just as good as MCM2.does to a degree. I'd rather stick to car racing and flight sims as far as simulators go because they can be simulated with controls close to the real thing, MX on the other hand can't be for the home user and needs to be toned down some to make it more fun for the average user.
3/6/2012 6:22am
cant really compare it with a car racing simulation.

the game takes skill. MvA's dont. thats why i like it.
i also dont play games anymore for "single player championships". i like the replica online racing. and only see it getting better each year. 17 rounds of sx and 12 rounds of mx on replica tracks based off the real formats. all of the nationals are being updated as we speak. and guess what? it doesnt cost any extra to download them when they are finished.
AUS_Twisted
3/6/2012 8:17am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 8:36am
cant really compare it with a car racing simulation. the game takes skill. MvA's dont. thats why i like it. i also dont play games anymore...
cant really compare it with a car racing simulation.

the game takes skill. MvA's dont. thats why i like it.
i also dont play games anymore for "single player championships". i like the replica online racing. and only see it getting better each year. 17 rounds of sx and 12 rounds of mx on replica tracks based off the real formats. all of the nationals are being updated as we speak. and guess what? it doesnt cost any extra to download them when they are finished.
What I'm saying is you cannot simulate MX properly using a analogue control with thumbs and buttons etc. Unless someone has a full body motion simulator with a MX bike you cant do it properly thats why I'm saying with car racing and flight sims you can actually simulate them far more accurately as the controls available are very close or the same as what you would have in the real thing. It's why MX Simulator won't be so widely known outside of the PC hardcore guys because it goes to far in trying to simulate MX using controls that are nothing like the real thing.

For a game like MX Sim they need to find a happy medium between realistic and some arcade still making it challenging but fun more towards the average user, otherwise unless someone is a hardcore PC gamer who likes MX and wants to spend a lot of time on it they won't even bother with it after a short time. I've seen some of the best guys have many crashes in tournament races who spend hours and hours on it, this shows MX Sim has gone to far in trying to simulate MX with the available controls.

The best thing that MX Sim does do though compared to other MX games is allow full gates for online races, but it can be a mess though with collisions everywhere (especially on tighter tracks)
3/6/2012 12:47pm
i can agree with all of that. i think seperate rider movement is in order. you start swaping and its almost impossible to save it because you have no way to counter act that movement. idk. i like it. though it did take some time for me to get to the liking part. i only see better things coming in the future. i hope rider movement, and track deformation are in the works. they say it has deformation but ive yet to see it. if its a simulator, they should have to build the tracks with ruts in them. they should develop.
tobz
6/27/2012 4:07am
Where do you find these tracks? Pure Mxs is full of tracks made by kids.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
6/27/2012 5:02am
Those ones are still upcoming

PureMXS is a bit dead. Anything over 60mb becomes corrupt when uploading, so it became a bit useless for uploading tracks and large skin packs. Everything can be found on the forum. All of the AMA national tracks are getting made/updated this year.
7/1/2012 9:10am
tobz wrote:
Where do you find these tracks? Pure Mxs is full of tracks made by kids.
redbud should be released tonight or tomorrow night. itll be on the forums. the first 5 nationals have been released. click on tracks section of the forum.
Motodave15
7/11/2012 1:09pm
thekendogg wrote:
I have been a Motocross game addict since I fist unleashed Motocross Madness and Edgar Torrenteras' MX Game on my PC. I have since bought all...

Actually the game isn't as hard as you make it sound.

1. The Demo is gimped, you need the full version

2. The Whole game and ride ability, is largely based on your rider set-up.. which has things from spring rates, to rider positioning. (The perfect set-up is golden!)

3. You cant beat the graphics in this game... Hands down, i have a moderate/shitty rig and it looks amazing.

4. Real tracks and free content and sponsors actually supplying prizes to race winners also makes this the best mx game ever.

If anybody wants help for this game, i will gladly help.
Eatmydirt03
8/1/2012 7:22am
Okay so I have tried to install a few skins for my bike & none of them upload?? Any reason why? I really like this game just need more time to get better. I'm currently using the keyboard, is it easier to use a controller? any help would be appreciated. Name is Bricks if anyone sees me online.
chaseodc
9/25/2012 7:51pm
I downloaded the demo for MxSim probably over a year ago and just couldn't see spending the money for the full version... Well I've been seeing these amazing videos popping up all over the place and finally stumbled upon one of the national series review videos and was determined to get involved. I bought the full version and went to work. I've played the majority of moto games over the years mcm2,mcm,mxvsatv..yada yada yada... That experience really meant zero in mxs..Loading skins and tracks is basically the same as mcm but as far as game play, forget it. I have about 10 hours play time at this point and i'm pumped on the game through and through. Granted I wanted to smash my controller for the first week but with time it for sure gets better. Setup is important and I am no way ready to figure out "my settings" but YouTube is full of guys that have something that works better than stock. Controller was a must for me (xbox360) with trigger for throttle so you can roll it on so to speak. I started at 95% stability and have worked down to 70% So to finish my ramblings, for the people in the fence I say to give it a week or two stop comparing MXS to console games and embrace the challenge. Its pretty exciting to finally nail just one section clean with some inkling of style but it definitely takes alot of time
chipky
7/28/2015 4:43am
Hi...hello all you community vitalmx . Racing is a sport with a strong appeal to those who love speed and adventure, if previously you see the athletes perform screen fiery racing performances on television today, the Auto Moto Racing game Do - Extreme Bike Stunts will help you implement this phase of the game world via flash.

To play good this free racing game, you are observant in combining and using the keys smoothly. This game is designed with decent graphics should highlight when you can race will clearly feel each movement as loading head, leaned character. Another point of note is that you pay attention combined Up and Right Arrow keys to the vehicle, creating the challenge extremely excellent long jump there.

http://www.kizinew.in/Uphill_Rush.html

Post a reply to: MX Simulator: What's all the fuss about??!

The Latest