GTA 5 for PC: Worth the wait.

4/18/2015 12:27am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2015 12:28am
It is stunning! One hell of a download though, took me ages. I'm sort of caught up in playing Dark Souls 2 at the moment, so have only been into GTA 5 to mostly mess around with the settings on my 970 (predictably I have had to make some compromises to achieve 60fps) and to test out the first person mode, which I also love; for combat especially. But yeah I'm itching to give it the full attention it deserves - taken all my willpower to stay away. Just amazing what they've achieved though with this game visually and mechanically, and on such a large scale.
the_wood109
4/18/2015 5:59pm
Agreed.

The 970 should do pretty well. I sacrificed some AA for smoothness. I run FXAA + 2x MSAA. I can go to 4x, but the FPS mode just doesn't have the same feel.

I'm running a 290x with an old i7 920 cpu. I can max out all other settings, including the advanced settings. AMD has always been behind with their AA performance, though.
4/19/2015 12:40am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2015 2:38am
Yeah I'm at 2x MSAA and dare not go any higher. I also turned terrain detail down a notch, along with grass detail. I have fiddled with the advanced settings but in the end just left everything off. Other than that everything is maxed and looks beautiful. Things mostly run at the aimed 60fps (using Fraps) no problem but I do take some frame dips if I drive into some of the mountain areas especially. Nothing that comes close to ruining the game though.

Post a reply to: GTA 5 for PC: Worth the wait.

The Latest