Codemaster's response to a supercross/motocross game request...

Edited Date/Time 12/12/2014 9:30am
This comes from CodeMasters after an email was sent by one of the We Want AMA Supercross Game Facebook page supporters, Nathan Nickerson. Nathan had asked them to consider making the game, and here's there response.

"Hi Nathan, thanks for your message and feedback. A few people have said about us making a motocross game actually! We'll be sure to pass on your comments to the decision makers.

CodeMasters"

Well, it is more than we ever got from EA. Go to the FB page and like it and hopefully Codemasters will see the interest.

http://www.facebook.com/WeWantSXtheGame
|
12/10/2012 7:59am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2012 8:00am
LOL. Whoever made that facebook used pictures of mx simulator. hmmm (this is what we want, its already available, but this is what we want in an mx game. derp derp)
and I honestly DONT want to see another fail of an arcade mx game.
Ive already bought that last mx game ill ever need to buy. Ill probably buy another copy of it actually, just to help support it even more.
You guys are dreaming if you think anyone is going to make an mx game for consoles thats worth a shit.
peelout
12/10/2012 10:13am
LOL. Whoever made that facebook used pictures of mx simulator. hmmm (this is what we want, its already available, but this is what we want in...
LOL. Whoever made that facebook used pictures of mx simulator. hmmm (this is what we want, its already available, but this is what we want in an mx game. derp derp)
and I honestly DONT want to see another fail of an arcade mx game.
Ive already bought that last mx game ill ever need to buy. Ill probably buy another copy of it actually, just to help support it even more.
You guys are dreaming if you think anyone is going to make an mx game for consoles thats worth a shit.
sad but true.

and the shooter market is getting dumbed down with every shitty re-release of the same old shit (COD and MOH).

Thanks to Ubisoft for releasing an original idea in FarCry 3... it's a fantastic game
12/10/2012 2:03pm
For the 18,000th time...I really like MXS a lot but is not the answer to every MX game question. It has some incredible strengths. But also has some incredible weaknesses.

And I do think that we can get a good, realistic, yet more accessible MX game on console.

I was just trying to spread the word that it has at least been discussed by a very reputable gaming company.
12/10/2012 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2012 3:13pm
I don't want to turn this into another MXS topic (as almost every game topic turns into that) but I do want to simply explain why MXS isn't all that to me.

I want a realistic game but one that does not require as much time to learn how to play. I'm married with a full time job and I also am a musician and I also love riding my 350 SX-F and my Gas Gas. I want to play games for realism, of course, but also for fun and immersion.

What MXS lacks to me is the single player aspect is pretty worthless to me. I don't play online and thus need to play against the AI. I'm not expecting perfection but some games (NBA2K12, for example) do a great job.

The main thing that I want is simply I want to replicate AMA Supercross/Motocross. I want a full points series playing as my favorite rider against my favorite rider. I want to have those battles between Reed and Stewart, Barcia and Roczen. Just like when I play Madden. I want to step into the role of my heroes. MXS does not in any way allow me to do that. Yes, I can play as myself against another person here on the forum but that just doesn't appeal to me. If I want to do that I would rather just ride my bike. For my gaming I want to play as my favorite riders.

The Shop

PastranaWho
12/10/2012 6:57pm
I don't want to turn this into another MXS topic (as almost every game topic turns into that) but I do want to simply explain why...
I don't want to turn this into another MXS topic (as almost every game topic turns into that) but I do want to simply explain why MXS isn't all that to me.

I want a realistic game but one that does not require as much time to learn how to play. I'm married with a full time job and I also am a musician and I also love riding my 350 SX-F and my Gas Gas. I want to play games for realism, of course, but also for fun and immersion.

What MXS lacks to me is the single player aspect is pretty worthless to me. I don't play online and thus need to play against the AI. I'm not expecting perfection but some games (NBA2K12, for example) do a great job.

The main thing that I want is simply I want to replicate AMA Supercross/Motocross. I want a full points series playing as my favorite rider against my favorite rider. I want to have those battles between Reed and Stewart, Barcia and Roczen. Just like when I play Madden. I want to step into the role of my heroes. MXS does not in any way allow me to do that. Yes, I can play as myself against another person here on the forum but that just doesn't appeal to me. If I want to do that I would rather just ride my bike. For my gaming I want to play as my favorite riders.
Might be the only person that can make a decent mx game....Robb rinard

http://www.xblafans.com/2xl-games-robb-rinard-discusses-jeremy-mcgraths…
12/10/2012 7:56pm
I don't want to turn this into another MXS topic (as almost every game topic turns into that) but I do want to simply explain why...

Its just not going to happen man. It will always be that arcade feeling, 12 man gate, custom track, crap. If thats what you dig, then im sure some day soon another dev team will whip it up. But thats not cutting it for me.
You do know that www.racefactorygaming.com will be hosting pro and amateur sx events on the replica tracks this coming year, right? That and there is a ktm 350 you can download, and an all new version someone is working on, along with a gas gas being made by someone else. Smile
Id even be willing to hook you up with some fox gear that says ROCZEN with # 94 on the back. SmileSmile

I do get what you are saying though. And single player is lacking majorly. Would creating a more arcadeish mode and better AI bring in some more new customers? IDK. I think the main group is in it for online play. Atleast i know i am, and that goes for every game i play. I hardly touch single player on anything.
varagon
12/11/2012 8:18am

No offense but all the time spent lobbying for a MX game could go towards playing and learning a MX game (MX Sim). I read your posts here and I know you put significant thought and effort to reach out to developers.

Reality now a days is a game has to either be a blockbuster game like COD or a small indy game like Trails Evolution to survive. Medium sized developers like those who would make a MX game are having a hard time being profitable.
Markas321
12/10/2014 9:45am
Why does this SUperCross game NOT save my progress? This is a seroius flaw.
peelout
12/10/2014 11:59am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 12:00pm
Markas321 wrote:
this thread is the perfect place to ask a question regarding MXvsATV Supercross
JW381
12/10/2014 6:00pm
Markas321 wrote:
peelout wrote:
It's a serious flaw, though.
peelout
12/11/2014 1:19pm
Markas321 wrote:
peelout wrote:
JW381 wrote:
any idea when Fallout 4 is going to be released?
JW381
12/11/2014 6:50pm
peelout wrote:
JW381 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Idk, I think there's a thread about F1 2014, check there
peelout
12/12/2014 9:28am
JW381 wrote:
peelout wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Idk, I think there's a thread about F1 2014, check there
thanks

i hope like hell i win some swag on the MadSkillzTournament

Post a reply to: Codemaster's response to a supercross/motocross game request...

The Latest