Bits & Bobs from E3

2QK4U
6/10/2014 7:14am
Dang that COD Advanced Warfare looks crazy!
peelout
6/11/2014 10:07am
as a HUGE fan of the Metal Gear series, i personally can't wait for Metal Gear Solid V - Phantom Pains.

Metal Gear Solid IV was absolutely amazing. i bought my PS3 just for that game and sold it after i finished it.

played through every Metal Gear game to date, love the series. can't wait for this one

https://youtu.be/QG_8ZMtQ58Y
peelout
6/11/2014 10:10am
Far Cry 4 looks awesome, but i think it will be a little over-whelming with the verticality of the map. Far Cry 2 and 3 were awesome though, so this one should be badass too!

https://youtu.be/04z45SOAH5k
6/11/2014 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2014 1:13pm
Yeah I lost so many hrs into both FC2 and FC3 - Far Cry 4 looks even better to me with things like the new vehicle hijack mechanic. I really am partial to these open world type games too.

The Shop

peelout
6/11/2014 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2014 8:42am
Yeah I lost so many hrs into both FC2 and FC3 - Far Cry 4 looks even better to me with things like the new vehicle...
Yeah I lost so many hrs into both FC2 and FC3 - Far Cry 4 looks even better to me with things like the new vehicle hijack mechanic. I really am partial to these open world type games too.
same here. what i love about FarCry, and it seems silly, is the thought to every detail like how he picks up his pack in the trailer to do the grapple.

most games (CoD and the like) the pack would disappear and the grapple would come shooting from nowhere.

also on FarCry 2 where he's struggling to get up onto some of the ledges, slips, and regains posture to climb up. just makes it feel more immersive.

edit... oops, i meant FarCry 3.

FarCry2 was awesome, i loved the fact that you could cause huge fires and as mentioned below, if you played it as a run and gun you had no chance. if you played strategically, it was a ton of fun. i also liked that you could catch disease if you didn't heal properly.
mxjef
6/11/2014 4:04pm
I thought FarCry 3 was one of the best games that came out last year!

I never played FarCry 2, is it worth getting to play before 4 comes out?
6/12/2014 12:14am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2014 12:21am
I eventually came to love it but only after I started playing it a certain way. Perhaps the biggest issue people had with it was re-spawning checkpoints. If you tried to rush through them quickly (not evening stopping your car etc), then you'd inevitably be caught further down the road by the seemingly faster pursuing vehicles. The other obvious option was to engage in yet another fire fight, but this could become a tedious after a dozen or so times whilst just trying to get from A to B.

However, after reading the guide below and learning to play it at a slower pace, plan my attacks, think about my weapon load out and sneak through the environment - it suddenly (for me) transformed the game. If you hit it hard and careless then the game will grind you down. Play it as you would in real life (like an SAS or Navy Seal guy stuck behind enemy lines) and it completely transforms into something wonderful. Graphically it still looks stunning on all platforms today too.

http://majorslack.com/games-tips-tricks/having-fun-playing-far-cry-2/
6/12/2014 12:38am
Assassin's Creed Unity

The Division

Batman Arkham Knight

Alien Isolation (Oh man I want this. Love horror games).

peelout
6/12/2014 9:01am
Motocross83, did you ever play State of Decay?

amazing open world zombie survival game. there are a lot of bugs and glitches, but other than that it's an amazing game. if you haven't heard of it, look into it

https://youtu.be/BylVUWLq0uA
6/12/2014 9:31am
Yeah that's good game! Great to also see fantastic concepts like that become a success for these smaller developers too. I think it's been updated since I last completed it, so I'll have to revisit it again soon.
peelout
6/12/2014 11:49am
i haven't completed it yet because i deleted it to make room for the GTA5 download. i'm going to download it again and start playing, hopefully with the updates because last i played it was pretty rough. still an awesome game though
1-forty-8
6/24/2014 9:58am
I'm looking forward to Destiny. That looks awesome. Some quality games coming out.
peelout
6/25/2014 12:32pm
Yeah that's good game! Great to also see fantastic concepts like that become a success for these smaller developers too. I think it's been updated since...
Yeah that's good game! Great to also see fantastic concepts like that become a success for these smaller developers too. I think it's been updated since I last completed it, so I'll have to revisit it again soon.
fuck me... i started playing State of Decay again last night (started a new game) and was up until 2 and didn't even realize what time it was. game is super addicting.

the structure though, it's hard to use a lesser skilled character when your other 2 are fuckin level kings... i did one mission with a noob dude and he got tore the fuck up, quartered right there on the spot. i'm hoping i can make it through the game with either Marcus or Maya, because if not i'll be fucked.

love the permanent death idea too, makes the "run or fight" decision that much more important. there's been times when i'll just ditch my mission and fail it rather than be ripped to pieces.

love this game haha
6/25/2014 11:53pm
peelout apparently there's also dlc out for the game now where you can play from the rescuing army pov - it's called Lifeline. Might also be worth checking out.

love the permanent death idea too

Yeah agreed. Can be mind-numbingly frustrating at times but overall it's a great game mechanic for tension building (knowing that you have to live with the outcome of any good or bad decision) and perfect in a game such as this. Especially when a character that you've put a ton of hrs into ends up getting killed.

Just picked up some other great games I've somehow missed recently - got The Walking Dead season 2 and The Wolf Among Us for half price this week. Also Far Cry 3's Blood Dragon which looks insane.
peelout
6/26/2014 8:55am
peelout apparently there's also dlc out for the game now where you can play from the rescuing army pov - it's called Lifeline. Might also be...
peelout apparently there's also dlc out for the game now where you can play from the rescuing army pov - it's called Lifeline. Might also be worth checking out.

love the permanent death idea too

Yeah agreed. Can be mind-numbingly frustrating at times but overall it's a great game mechanic for tension building (knowing that you have to live with the outcome of any good or bad decision) and perfect in a game such as this. Especially when a character that you've put a ton of hrs into ends up getting killed.

Just picked up some other great games I've somehow missed recently - got The Walking Dead season 2 and The Wolf Among Us for half price this week. Also Far Cry 3's Blood Dragon which looks insane.
ok so last night i stumbled across the different skills you can get as you level up. don't know how i missed this before, but it has made the game sooo much more fun! Marcus is a heavy weapon dude and i got the low sweep perk. i'm fucking cleaning house on hordes with ease lol, it's so awesome. my other characters i am using Edged weapons and i'm pretty much decapitating mother fuckers every swipe. so awesome, the game just gets better and better.

Walking Dead season 1 was awesome, haven't tried 2 yet. Also, Wolf Among Us is one of my favorites. I'll have to look into Far Cry Blood Dragon, Far Cry 3 was so good.

ps... here's what my slaugtering looks like now that i have the heavy sweep skill maxed

https://youtu.be/qNKM6MiuPrA
6/26/2014 9:43am
hahaha That's freaking awesome! Think I may have missed a lot of those skill perks myself because I don't remember being that lethal on my previous play through. Looking forward to getting back into this game again sooner rather than later now.
peelout
6/26/2014 9:57am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2014 10:07am
the edged weapon one is the best in my opinion but the blades don't last very long and they're hard to come by. the blunt weapons are everywhere but are pretty weak in comparison. the heavy weapons seem to last a really long time and do a ton of damage, especially the spinning attack in that video above. you'll chop their legs off every time and then can either finish them off or they will die after a couple seconds.

since i started maxing my characters different skills the game got much better.

i also have a high spin kick that will knock down the regular zeds every time. if there's a wall nearby, they will break their heads instantly. still have to be careful around the special zombies, but the regulars and the hordes are a cake walk now. too much fun. last night i didn't even do a mission, i just took a companion around and fucked shit up for a few hours haha

here's the spin kick

https://youtu.be/fkrCXtp_xww
6/29/2014 1:08am
What base are you using peelout? On my play-through I never moved from the first church base that you turn up to early in the game.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
6/29/2014 6:01pm
mxjef wrote:
I thought FarCry 3 was one of the best games that came out last year! I never played FarCry 2, is it worth getting to play...

I guess I am getting old, I loved Far cry 1 so I thought I would love FC3 but I stay lost! I end up walking around going where the heck am I supposed to be? Any tips on finding your next mission anyone?
mxjef
6/29/2014 6:46pm
mxjef wrote:
I thought FarCry 3 was one of the best games that came out last year! I never played FarCry 2, is it worth getting to play...

Crash82 wrote:
I guess I am getting old, I loved Far cry 1 so I thought I would love FC3 but I stay lost! I end up walking...
I guess I am getting old, I loved Far cry 1 so I thought I would love FC3 but I stay lost! I end up walking around going where the heck am I supposed to be? Any tips on finding your next mission anyone?
It's been a long time since I played but it should be on the map. I'm assuming that you know how to unlock the radio towers to open up the map more.
peelout
6/30/2014 9:03am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2014 9:40am
What base are you using peelout? On my play-through I never moved from the first church base that you turn up to early in the game.
the church is the worst base by far. i instantly moved into the house right there by the church and it was a lot better. once i finished everything in that town, i moved to the Warehouse in Marshall. It's where i'm at now and it's awesome. i've upgraded everything and if you do it right, you can select combat training from the Dojo and level your guys up very quickly.

also, don't forget to setup outposts around your base. helps keep the hordes back and the zombies don't spawn nearly as often in your "safe zones".

another little trick i figured out last night (i've never read or heard it was possible) is you can go to the back of your car/truck and there's a vehicle storage option. in the pickup i think there's 6 slots to store things. i have been doing this when out scavenging and store my medicine, food, ammo, materials cache in there so you're not returning to the base every time. saves so much time from having to go out and get goods. what's nice is you just have to drive to your base and it will automatically deposit the goods, so you don't have to run in to the supply storage every time.

oh another thing... if one of your characters gets the flu or gets sick, either kick them out or kill them. i had a guy turn and take out 2 of my survivors in my base while i was out on a mission... just a thought.
6/30/2014 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 10:10am
Brilliant tips, thanks! I thought I knew this game fairly well but there's so many things in this thread I haven't done in the game and didn't even know were possible tbh. Using vehicles to transport supplies sounds hugely useful too, and yet I never once did it on my other play-through.

peelout
7/1/2014 10:21am
Brilliant tips, thanks! I thought I knew this game fairly well but there's so many things in this thread I haven't done in the game and...
Brilliant tips, thanks! I thought I knew this game fairly well but there's so many things in this thread I haven't done in the game and didn't even know were possible tbh. Using vehicles to transport supplies sounds hugely useful too, and yet I never once did it on my other play-through.

dude i've got a shit load of helpful hints for ya, i absolutely love this game

Post a reply to: Bits & Bobs from E3

The Latest