Any guitar players here

holverson34
12/27/2014 11:01pm
Never played the game but played guitar for a long time. Always wondered if there were others on here that played.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
12/29/2014 5:44pm
Never played the game but played guitar for a long time. Always wondered if there were others on here that played.
If you have a game system and time to play id say you would enjoy it. If you go to the website it has a song list and you can see how it actually works on youtube.
Spydee
1/6/2015 2:51am
I'm a self taught guitarist, but have always been curious about Rocksmith. How are you getting on with it so far, and what's your weapon of choice?

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
1/6/2015 5:06pm
Spydee wrote:
I'm a self taught guitarist, but have always been curious about Rocksmith. How are you getting on with it so far, and what's your weapon of...
I'm a self taught guitarist, but have always been curious about Rocksmith. How are you getting on with it so far, and what's your weapon of choice?
I went ahead a purchased an Epiphone les paul special 2 which i believe was made to go with Rocksmith. It was cheap and plays great.. My older Gibson Les Paul will work but sometimes the bends wont pick up for me correctly.
kawi448
1/6/2015 9:13pm
I play too. ESP explorer
1/7/2015 3:36am
Was really looking forward to Rocksmith from Day 1, I thought it would be a fun way to practice and learn some new songs. For me, it was a waste, spent more time trying to "beat" the game then trying to learn and practice the guitar. And trying to learn songs made eyes hurt trying to concentrate on the screen to hard! LOL

I could see the game being great tools for some and know a few people that started playing through the game. In the end, I say, whatever works and gets you interested, for me, it didn't. LOL
Eddie_E
1/11/2015 10:16am
I play guitar too. The way that most music games display the fretboard seems strange to me, so I never tried Rock smith.

I have been learning lots of new songs on YouTube. There are several good teachers on YouTube that I like. Marty Schwartz, Papa Stache, George Larose and Maholo.com all post really good tutorials.
Just go to YouTube and search "how to play song name".

There is a new app called Jamkazam that I've been thinking about trying. I need to buy a USB interface to try it though. It's like Skype with instruments and real people playing. It's a nice idea, but very few people are using it. Their lobby is like a ghost town with a couple jazz and blues people playing. I play alternative and classic rock.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
1/11/2015 11:08pm
Eddie_E wrote:
I play guitar too. The way that most music games display the fretboard seems strange to me, so I never tried Rock smith. I have been...
I play guitar too. The way that most music games display the fretboard seems strange to me, so I never tried Rock smith.

I have been learning lots of new songs on YouTube. There are several good teachers on YouTube that I like. Marty Schwartz, Papa Stache, George Larose and Maholo.com all post really good tutorials.
Just go to YouTube and search "how to play song name".

There is a new app called Jamkazam that I've been thinking about trying. I need to buy a USB interface to try it though. It's like Skype with instruments and real people playing. It's a nice idea, but very few people are using it. Their lobby is like a ghost town with a couple jazz and blues people playing. I play alternative and classic rock.
Sounds interesting, ill check that out. Iv never played any of the other games... I am under the impression that Rocksmith is the only real guitar learning video game.
URROZ105
1/23/2015 6:46am
I'm a acoustic guitar player mainly, but will shred on the electric guitars some times! With me only playing a little over a year now I learned so much I'm almost as good as my grandpa (who's been playing over 50 years). In my arsenal I have a dean AE cutaway, takamine 1998 ltd aka the mountain guitar, and my grandpa's first guitar a Yamaha. Dream guitars include the Gibson songwriter deluxe, The takamine grand ole opry ltd guitar, and the god father of them all, the Taylor pallet wood guitar. Im good at almost anything I want to do, but music is where its at for me!
5/6/2015 10:37am
Been playing damned near 30 years now. Mostly metal/hard rock. Most recent purchase was an Ibanez RGIB6 Iron Label RG Baritone. Thing is a beast.

Must be careful when playing it though...any panties within 50 feet of this thing automatically explode.
Spydee
5/8/2015 12:41am
Spydee wrote:
I'm a self taught guitarist, but have always been curious about Rocksmith. How are you getting on with it so far, and what's your weapon of...
imoto34 wrote:
I went ahead a purchased an Epiphone les paul special 2 which i believe was made to go with Rocksmith. It was cheap and plays great...
I went ahead a purchased an Epiphone les paul special 2 which i believe was made to go with Rocksmith. It was cheap and plays great.. My older Gibson Les Paul will work but sometimes the bends wont pick up for me correctly.
It's been a while since you picked up the game now, how's your progression using the game dude? You shredding like Slash yet?!
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
5/11/2015 5:50pm
Spydee wrote:
It's been a while since you picked up the game now, how's your progression using the game dude? You shredding like Slash yet?!
I still use rocksmith a few times a week. It got me to where i was able to pick up an acoustic and play along to a lot of the music i like. I would have paid way way more for the game to get me where I am now.
Spydee
5/13/2015 12:16am
That's pretty cool to know it actually assisted you in learning to play, keep it up!

Post a reply to: Any guitar players here

The Latest