WANTED RM125 frame or RMZ250 roller.

Slosh 112
Edited Date/Time 4/24/2017 6:32pm
My 08 RM125 frame is rusting from the inside out, already have a hole in lower frame tube and there are signs of it coming through in other places. Previous owner must have given it a bath in the ocean once a week, The frame was heavily rust treated during the rebuild but it didn't stop it so now I'm looking for a frame. If I can find a 125 frame cheap enough ill just swap it out but I'm also open to the option of doing a RMZ AF conversion if theres a nice enough roller getting around.
|
3/3/2017 4:04pm
That's crazy man. Has to be the salt in the air from the ocean. And maybe beach riding? I've never exp anything like this with my rm frame.

Def do the rmz conversion lol. Put the sx on hold
Slosh 112
3/3/2017 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2017 4:55pm
That's crazy man. Has to be the salt in the air from the ocean. And maybe beach riding? I've never exp anything like this with my...
That's crazy man. Has to be the salt in the air from the ocean. And maybe beach riding? I've never exp anything like this with my rm frame.

Hahaha yeah well the guy I bought it off did say that he never had to wash it too heavily coz he only ever rode it on the beach, I was toying with the idea but the last half decent RMZ roller I saw come up for sale went for $1200, not too keen on spending that sort of coin and would be basically a complete new build, all of the stuff I had made and got anodised would be on the shelf.

UPDATE!!! Everyone stop the search! Found an 08 RM125 frame on eBay for $99, YEW BEWTAY!!!! (Aussie accent)
Jmicmoto13
3/4/2017 6:30am
Slosh 112 wrote:
Hahaha yeah well the guy I bought it off did say that he never had to wash it too heavily coz he only ever rode it...
Hahaha yeah well the guy I bought it off did say that he never had to wash it too heavily coz he only ever rode it on the beach, I was toying with the idea but the last half decent RMZ roller I saw come up for sale went for $1200, not too keen on spending that sort of coin and would be basically a complete new build, all of the stuff I had made and got anodised would be on the shelf.

UPDATE!!! Everyone stop the search! Found an 08 RM125 frame on eBay for $99, YEW BEWTAY!!!! (Aussie accent)
Holy cow, nice find.
3/5/2017 10:23am
That's crazy man. Has to be the salt in the air from the ocean. And maybe beach riding? I've never exp anything like this with my...

Slosh 112 wrote:
Hahaha yeah well the guy I bought it off did say that he never had to wash it too heavily coz he only ever rode it...

Gives you a chance to get the frame powder coated properly also!

The Shop

Slosh 112
4/24/2017 5:11pm
Forgot I already posted this same topic. Anyway the frame I bought that was supposed to be an 08 was actually an 00 - 04 generation (don't know exactly because the vin is full of zero's) The eBay seller even sent me pics of the VIN for an 08 model RM125, sent me a different frame.

How are you supposed to order parts for this???

4/24/2017 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2017 5:29pm
The frame you bought was 2001-2003 dude. 04 and up will work.

Don't pass up on a 2004 frame. It will work.
4/24/2017 6:32pm
I have rmz roller if you still looking 2011 rmz250 frame, swingarm, clamps, airbox, subframe, wheels lee me know

Post a reply to: WANTED RM125 frame or RMZ250 roller.

The Latest