Chad Reed's Race Bike Kx250F

Anonymous (not verified)
- I am not the seller, however, interesting bike for sale on eBay.

- I had thought he ran Showa A kit vice the Ohlins pictured.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Kawasaki-KXF-/302137758457?forcerrptr=true…

|
usafwx
11/14/2016 2:38pm
title needs fixed OP, 450f, lol. cool post thanks.
MOTO120
11/14/2016 3:00pm
He ran Ohlins, if I remember correctly, for a bit of time leading up to a Des Nations fyi
worksmx
11/15/2016 10:51am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2016 10:52am
LOL

i feel bad for the guy that pays 20K+ for that thing. So much that is not right on this bike. He will prob spend another year salary to get it right(the showa setup Chad had is not even possible to get if you don't steal it from the paddock (or know a insider with doubtful moral). Ohlins?, chad reed race bike??? cmon...

Would be interesting to get full engine specs tough.

Where are the factory wheels/hubs, works caliper setup?

Nice bike otherwise, prob in the 12K range.

CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
11/15/2016 11:57am
Pretty cool but yeah it's missing the hubs and wheels. Surprised they left the khi chain guide. Ondonremeber him having some ohlins. Missing the cmt tank too. It also looks like most of the ti is gone as well.

The Shop

Helder
11/15/2016 2:34pm
Yeah definitely not a $20k bike.......
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
11/15/2016 8:08pm
worksmx wrote:
LOL i feel bad for the guy that pays 20K+ for that thing. So much that is not right on this bike. He will prob spend...
LOL

i feel bad for the guy that pays 20K+ for that thing. So much that is not right on this bike. He will prob spend another year salary to get it right(the showa setup Chad had is not even possible to get if you don't steal it from the paddock (or know a insider with doubtful moral). Ohlins?, chad reed race bike??? cmon...

The wheels on the bike are Talon carbon hubs. I beleive that they started with these, before they bought the big dollar wheels. The Ohlins was also used/tested, but never raced with. Maybe DaveO will chme-in, but he discussed both the wheels and Ohlins with me, so I'd say it's all legit. But it also isn't what he ended up with.

I'm pretty sure I know who welded up those radiators too..... Wink

Its a $10K bike, IMO.
HenryA
11/15/2016 11:21pm
worksmx wrote:
LOL i feel bad for the guy that pays 20K+ for that thing. So much that is not right on this bike. He will prob spend...
LOL

langhammx wrote:
The wheels on the bike are Talon carbon hubs. I beleive that they started with these, before they bought the big dollar wheels. The Ohlins was...
The wheels on the bike are Talon carbon hubs. I beleive that they started with these, before they bought the big dollar wheels. The Ohlins was also used/tested, but never raced with. Maybe DaveO will chme-in, but he discussed both the wheels and Ohlins with me, so I'd say it's all legit. But it also isn't what he ended up with.

I'm pretty sure I know who welded up those radiators too..... Wink

Its a $10K bike, IMO.
Chad raced MXDN in 2014 on Öhlins Smile

Post a reply to: Chad Reed's Race Bike Kx250F

The Latest