Rm 125 build 2008

Codey15
9/22/2017 2:11am
FTB wrote:
Yes, you need a 2010+ air box. I used an RMZ seat with the X-Fun alloy tank, but, you need to do a mod on the...
Yes, you need a 2010+ air box.

I used an RMZ seat with the X-Fun alloy tank, but, you need to do a mod on the tank, the seat button needs to be removed and replaced with the RMZ 250 bracket.

I still have the sub frame, seat and air box. If you decide to do the mod let me know and we should be able to work something out, assuming shipping doesn't kill the deal. Shouldn't cost too much to NZ though.
Codey15 wrote:
Okay yeah that would be awesome to be able to just buy it off you rather than doing all the hard work you have done. Send...
Okay yeah that would be awesome to be able to just buy it off you rather than doing all the hard work you have done. Send me an email at codeybelsham@gmail.com for a price. ☺ thanks ftb
What's your email mate? Really keen on buying the rmz rear. Would look Soo cool
FTB
9/22/2017 2:28am
Codey15 wrote:
What's your email mate? Really keen on buying the rmz rear. Would look Soo cool
I just sent you an email.
9/22/2017 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 5:51pm
Codey15 wrote:
Hey ftb. Would you mind letting me know how you did the rmz subframe mod. Maybe some photos of what u had to do? You can...
Hey ftb. Would you mind letting me know how you did the rmz subframe mod. Maybe some photos of what u had to do? You can email me on codeybelsham@gmail.com. cheers
FTB wrote:
I was going to get some pics side by side with an OEM sub frame for another member but had these in my PC already. It's...
I was going to get some pics side by side with an OEM sub frame for another member but had these in my PC already.

It's pretty much just been shortened.

I cut the back off a 2nd seat base and foam I had and gave it to the local motor trimmer who covered it and made it all work.

Are you telling me an RMZ sub frame would work for the late model RM's? Also do you need a lowering link or want one for this build? i must know more about this, can you please email me at m.hardesty@hotmail.com I REALLY want to learn more about this mod
Codey15
9/22/2017 6:01pm
Codey15 wrote:
Hey ftb. Would you mind letting me know how you did the rmz subframe mod. Maybe some photos of what u had to do? You can...
Hey ftb. Would you mind letting me know how you did the rmz subframe mod. Maybe some photos of what u had to do? You can email me on codeybelsham@gmail.com. cheers
FTB wrote:
I was going to get some pics side by side with an OEM sub frame for another member but had these in my PC already. It's...
I was going to get some pics side by side with an OEM sub frame for another member but had these in my PC already.

I cut the back off a 2nd seat base and foam I had and gave it to the local motor trimmer who covered it and made it all work.

Are you telling me an RMZ sub frame would work for the late model RM's? Also do you need a lowering link or want one for...
Are you telling me an RMZ sub frame would work for the late model RM's? Also do you need a lowering link or want one for this build? i must know more about this, can you please email me at m.hardesty@hotmail.com I REALLY want to learn more about this mod
I think there aRe few modifications needed for the sh frame. And thanks for the offer but I like the height of the bike

The Shop

9/22/2017 6:21pm
FTB wrote:

Are you telling me an RMZ sub frame would work for the late model RM's? Also do you need a lowering link or want one for...
Codey15 wrote:
I think there aRe few modifications needed for the sh frame. And thanks for the offer but I like the height of the bike
If I were to shorten the arms of the subframe enough to spec of the RM subframe would I need the seat mod and would my side panels and air box work still?
Codey15
9/22/2017 11:20pm
Codey15 wrote:
If I were to shorten the arms of the subframe enough to spec of the RM subframe would I need the seat mod and would my...
If I were to shorten the arms of the subframe enough to spec of the RM subframe would I need the seat mod and would my side panels and air box work still?
You would also need the rmz side plates and rear fender and aorbox and seat mod.
9/23/2017 3:33am
Codey15 wrote:
If I were to shorten the arms of the subframe enough to spec of the RM subframe would I need the seat mod and would my...
Codey15 wrote:
You would also need the rmz side plates and rear fender and aorbox and seat mod.
What if I used my airbox? Somewhere through here someone did say the airbox was a direct bolt up.
FTB
9/23/2017 5:16am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 5:16am
Codey15 wrote:
What if I used my airbox? Somewhere through here someone did say the airbox was a direct bolt up.
The RM 125 air box boot is a direct fit, not the RM 125 airbox. You need the 2010+ air box.
9/23/2017 9:30am
Codey15 wrote:
FTB wrote:
The RM 125 air box boot is a direct fit, not the RM 125 airbox. You need the 2010+ air box.
Ill make it fit.
FTB
9/23/2017 12:36pm
FTB wrote:
Ill make it fit.
If that's the case you'd might as well just use the OEM one because you won't be able to use the RMZ plastics with the OEM air box.
9/23/2017 4:41pm
FTB wrote:
Ill make it fit.
FTB wrote:
If that's the case you'd might as well just use the OEM one because you won't be able to use the RMZ plastics with the OEM...
If that's the case you'd might as well just use the OEM one because you won't be able to use the RMZ plastics with the OEM air box.
I wanna use my RM plastics.
FTB
9/24/2017 3:18am
Ill make it fit.
FTB wrote:
If that's the case you'd might as well just use the OEM one because you won't be able to use the RMZ plastics with the OEM...
Well, use the stock RM sub frame then, there's no advantage to using the RMZ sub frame other than you can use RMZ plastics and air box.
9/25/2017 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 4:58pm
FTB wrote:
FTB wrote:
Well, use the stock RM sub frame then, there's no advantage to using the RMZ sub frame other than you can use RMZ plastics and air...
Well, use the stock RM sub frame then, there's no advantage to using the RMZ sub frame other than you can use RMZ plastics and air box.
The advantage is that they are hard to find and expensive.

But you're right the newer side panel looks sleek and newer and on second thought I would do that.
Codey15
9/29/2017 9:44pm
Unfortunately my phone doesn't want to let me upload any photos so that's why there has been no updates lately im working on getting something sorted

Post a reply to: Rm 125 build 2008

The Latest