Not another RM125...

Joyner41
Fantasy
1873rd
11/23/2018 8:16pm
When I count the mount off for the CDI, I had it powder coated as well and drilled holes to rivet into the air box. Wires were perfectly long enough to route down the frame to the air box, drilled a hole and used a grommet to run wires through the air box (not the best quality picture, I apologize). Mounted on the right hand side as shown below.

Talisker
11/24/2018 9:44am
OH NO NOT ANOTHER RM BUILD HAHAHA Wink
Joyner41 wrote:
Easy there Franzini. Better than another YZ build. Evil
Waaaayyyy better than another McGrath Replica build!!!!
liamjumper
11/24/2018 12:11pm
My 125 blew up last time for the exact same reason. Spent the 36 bucks on the fancy plug for the rebuild this time around.

The Shop

agcarlson
11/25/2018 7:24am
Kx125rider wrote:
Is there an advantage to the CDI relocation?
allows you room to mount the HPSD
Joyner41
Fantasy
1873rd
11/28/2018 9:08am
OH NO NOT ANOTHER RM BUILD HAHAHA Wink
Joyner41 wrote:
Easy there Franzini. Better than another YZ build. Evil
Talisker wrote:
Waaaayyyy better than another McGrath Replica build!!!!
Hahaha thanks! Had to be original!
rossi46
8/28/2019 5:06am
Joyner41 wrote:
When I count the mount off for the CDI, I had it powder coated as well and drilled holes to rivet into the air box. Wires...
When I count the mount off for the CDI, I had it powder coated as well and drilled holes to rivet into the air box. Wires were perfectly long enough to route down the frame to the air box, drilled a hole and used a grommet to run wires through the air box (not the best quality picture, I apologize). Mounted on the right hand side as shown below.

hi mate could you show a few more pics of the cdi relocation please cheers
Joyner41
Fantasy
1873rd
8/28/2019 7:52am
Joyner41 wrote:
When I count the mount off for the CDI, I had it powder coated as well and drilled holes to rivet into the air box. Wires...

rossi46 wrote:
hi mate could you show a few more pics of the cdi relocation please cheers
Pictures are on this same page a few posts up, and really all I have.
When you cut off the stock CDI Bracket, save it. I drilled two holes and riveted it on the right hand side of the air box. Helps to have the air filter in, so you can see how much room you’re working with, prior to final drilling and riveting. Once mounted, drill a small hole to pass all wires through near the shock. I used a little grommet To protect from rub on the plastic of the air box. Zip tie it all up, done.
Borthwick203
5/28/2020 1:17pm
Joyner41 wrote:
Update on the project... was having one hell of a time on the bike. Put 5 hours on the motor (left it alone as everything was...
Update on the project... was having one hell of a time on the bike. Put 5 hours on the motor (left it alone as everything was tight), and the new plug I had just put on decided to let go of it's grounding strap. Boom.

So now what? Well, obviously make it run as well as I can get it to without race gas! Haha. So I'm currently waiting on plating, but the cylinder and head were cut, ported, and port timing was worked as well. Fly wheel was also modified, all by Corwin Motorsports.

This also gave me a reason to weld on my HPSD Mount, frame stops to work with the RMZ style Ride Engineering triples, and clean up a few things for powder. Damper was gutted, recalled, and cleaned up by 707 Racing Suspension.

Dying to get back on the bike, but the motor is stuck at Millennium for another week or so, then assembly.

How do I mount the HPSD to a 2007 RM125 with stock triple clamps?

Will I need any tools?
To what extent of fabrication and materials are required?
How do I make sure the mount to mount distances are correct?
Watty37
12/24/2020 9:31pm
Joyner41 wrote:
Finally have the Gutless Wonder back and running. Six months is up from the injury, and can finally swing a leg back over the bikes. Was...
Finally have the Gutless Wonder back and running. Six months is up from the injury, and can finally swing a leg back over the bikes. Was able to pickup a new Guts seat cover and Phantom Foam and tons of Ti (axles and two linkage bolts are all that are not, including motor internals). Still need to weigh the bike to see what she comes in at after pulling everything off. Just missing some DLC lowers and Kashima uppers eventually, and I’m pretty sure this thing will be (in my eyes) the sexiest 125 I’ve ever seen. Too proud not to post again Woohoo

Really do not want to call this built complete, as there really is no such thing as “complete” doing these kinds of things of builds. Maybe some kit suspension? Once it looses a crank, coat the cases? Still looking to find some local Cerakoating for the caliper hanger, caliper and master cylinders. Time will tell!

Did the Keihin carb swap make much of a difference? Was it much work to change it over?
Joyner41
Fantasy
1873rd
12/26/2020 5:52am
Watty37 wrote:
Did the Keihin carb swap make much of a difference? Was it much work to change it over?
Noticeable difference and much easier to jet. Very simple to swap over.
Slosh 112
1/1/2021 4:10pm
Joyner41 wrote:
This is the 24. Until they are revalved you will not notice a difference. I'll pass it off to Joel with 707 Racing Suspension (here in...
This is the 24. Until they are revalved you will not notice a difference. I'll pass it off to Joel with 707 Racing Suspension (here in the states), who will work his magic. He kills it with suspension, and I have heard nothing but great things regarding his revalve for the damper.

I've used a few of their pieces and haven't had any major issues. Honesty, the stock steel pieces just looked like garbage. If I need to, I can't replace the brake tip with Ti down the road, and the shifter is easy enough, if it all fails.

You should have had a 22.5 offset factory. After working with Ride, the 22 is the magic number for sure, but I wouldn't have seen one for months, until they manufactured another run. The clamps fit awesome. I'm assuming that when you turned the outer, that took off just enough material to cause the clamps to bottom out.
Before I had access to a lathe I had to get everything done for me and when you get someone who doesn't care or understand moto and do what they want you end up with shit work, I've since had another set of Suzuki two stroke tubes come through my doors for polishing so I took that chance to measure the clamping area, mine were around 1 - 1.5mm under size varying throughout, if you polish tubes correctly you lose no diameter that's measurable with a pair of verniers.

I worked with the guys at Ride when I built my 125, very helpful with the positioning of the HPSD on the head tube although they recommended I should use the 22mm version of the damper but I already had the 24. I see you also relocated the CDI to the airbox it works surprisingly well I think!
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
1/1/2021 10:58pm
Watty37 wrote:
Joyner41 wrote:
Noticeable difference and much easier to jet. Very simple to swap over.
which keihin carb did you use?

Post a reply to: Not another RM125...

The Latest